Modern Korean paternal genes linked to Han Chinese

uygurlar

Reaction score
I think we need to clarify the distinction between language and genes. Although Koreans and Japanese share little common with Chinese linguistically, the DNA don't lie. The psychosis among Koreans and Japanese that they are from empire-finding Mongols and Turks is erroneous. They are not nomadic descended, but they have mainly peasant farming origins like Chinese and other Asians:

http://hgm2002.hgu.mrc.ac.uk/Abstracts/Publish/WorkshopPosters/WorkshopPoster11/hgm0542.htm

POSTER NO: 542

Study of Korean Male Origins

Sunghee Hong, Seong-Gene Lee, Yongsook Yoon, Kyuyoung Song
University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388-1 Poongnap-dong, Songpa-ku, Seoul, Korea

Population studies of genetic markers such as HLA variation and mitochondrial DNA have been used to understand human origins, demographic and migration history. Recently, diversity on the nonrecombining portion of the Y chromosome (NRY) has been applied to the study of human history. Since NRY is passed from father to son without recombination, polymorphisms in this region are valuable for investigating male-mediated gene flow and for complementing maternally based studies of mtDNA. Haplotypes constructed from Y-chromosome markers were used to trace the paternal origins of Korean. By using 38 Y chromosome single nucleotide polymorphism markers, we analyzed the genetic structure of 195 Korean males. The Korean males were characterized by a diverse set of 4 haplogroups (Groups IV, V, VII, X) and 14 haplotypes that were also present in Chinese. The most frequent haplogroup in Korean was Group VII (82.6%). It was also the most frequent haplogroup in Chinese (95%) as well as in Japanese (45%). The frequencies of the haplogroups V, IV, and X were 15.4%, 1%, and 1%, respectively. The second most frequent haplogroup V in Korean was not present in Chinese, but its frequency was similar in Japanese. We have tried to correlate the Y variation with surname to determine how well the clan membership corresponds to Y variation. There were 37 surnames in our sample but genetic variation structure did not correlate with surnames.

Koreans obviously have more Han Chinese blood and genes because they were conquered by the Chinese many times in their history (ie Han, Tang, Ming Dynasties), but the Japanese also have 45% of this Chinese genes (Y chromosome haplotype which is passed on paternally). It is sure bet that Yayoi has some origins in China.

With these findings I don't think it is proper for Koreans and Japanese to look down on the Chinese. Afterall, they are all the same.

This is from Cavalli-Sforza's "Genetic Distance Calculator",
Koreans, genetic distance to following populations:

1 Mongol Tungus 16
2 Japanese 22
3 Tibetan 45
4 Uralic 50
5 Ainu 57
6 South Chinese 71
7 Chuckchi 97

Source: The History and Geography of Human Genes. L. Luca Cavalli Sforza. Princeton University Press. 1994. Table 2.3.1B. p 76

I suppose, it's also dependent, which genes you take into account, but Koreans & Japanese are both definitely close to Mongol-Tungus.
They are not all the same, but I don't see why this should be a reason to look down upon each other. People should recognize & tolerate differences.

Sforza's is the study of mtDNA (through the mother) and overall genetic distances. My sources only deal with Y chromosome haplotypes (which are paternally passed on).

The Tang Dynasty never really conquered korea. With the help of the Shill kingdom they defeated two korean kingdoms Paekche and Korguryo. The Tang then broke the alliance but were beaten back by the Shilla Dynasty.

When did Ming conquer korea? I have never heard of that before.

Korea was ruled by Chinese in Han Dynasty for nearly 4 centuries. Tang was in Korea for little over 3 decades. Ming ruled (semi) over Korea during the wars with Hideyoshi's armies. When Ming Chinese drove out the Japanese, they stayed around to pillage and plunder Koreans from what I read in Western history books. That war left the Ming bankrupt and later defenseless against internal peasant rebellions and later Manchu invasions.

Ming Dynasty was the most friendly one towards the Muslim people in China. Manchu was the most evil one.

This is from Cavalli-Sforza's "Genetic Distance Calculator",
Koreans, genetic distance to following populations:

1 Mongol Tungus 16
2 Japanese 22
3 Tibetan 45
4 Uralic 50
5 Ainu 57
6 South Chinese 71
7 Chuckchi 97

Chinese a mix of many different sub-groups of Mongoloid race, there're in fact much more difference within Chinese people, I think, there must be greater genetic distance between south Chinese and North chinese rather than between Koreans and North Chinese.

As for Altaic people, Siberian Turkic people( I mean yellow Turks) share a more similar appearance with Mongols rather than Tungus( such as evenks ). I really don't think Tungus people looks like Mongols, they usually have a longer face and most Mongols and Siberian turks have a round face.

This source about genetic distance is really interesting, but where can i get the details about it, I mean, which Mongol tribes (or which part, North Mongolians<Halha>, Buryatians, or Inner Mongolians<Horchin,Ordos,Kharchin,Chahars,etc.>) and Tungus tribes "Mongol Tungus" were categorized as "1 Mongol Tungus" mentioned above to compare with Koreans? you see, even among Mongols, In fact, the different tribes have their different origins, generally say, Today's Mongolian nation is a mix of ancient Mongol tribes and Turk tribes,

As stated above, the table I used is from
>>The History and Geography of Human Genes. L. Luca Cavalli-Sforza. Princeton University Press. 1994. Table 2.3.1B. p 76

Problem for me is: I don't own the book (for it is huge & expensive). It's in the university here but not in the public library, only in the institute of human genetics. I can't borrow it, I have to look there, which means I can only go during office hours. I'll try, but can't promise to do it this week.

Even though this is kinda off topic, I noticed some similarities between Mexican and Central American girls (the Amerindian and Mextiza looking ones) and Japanese girls. They seem to have the same small body build, facial shape, teeth shape and skin tone.

Merhaba uygurlar,

Yah$imising? , ben ingilizce konusim onlarda anlasinlar, mogols are allready turkish, you are saying the modern mongols are mixture of mongols and turks but mongols are allready turkish ,it's another tribe who splitted with the turks from the huns(300 BC) if you want to read more about this see this link:
http://www.allempires.com/empires/xiongnu/xiongnu1.htm

and about native indians this is a very interesting link you also know turkish so it is more interesting :
http://www.colorado.edu/iec/FALL299RW/can.html

South Koreans and Japanese, in general, don't look down on Chinese from Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore. The reasons some Koreans and Japanese look down on Chinese from mainland China because they think the latter are poor, not trendy enough & etc. It has more to do with rich people look down on poor people than it has to do genes. I think it's human nature to side with the rich and stay away from the poor. In mainland China, I heard, a lot of Shanghai (the wealthier province) people look down on Hunan (poor province) people while frantically imitating Hong Kong people.

Yes, I think since China is so big, and the distance between southern China and northern China is farer than the distance between northern China and Korea, I won't be surprised if there is more resemblance between northern Chinese and Koreans than northern Chinese and southern Chinese.

dna_map.jpg

Map of blood type analized gene in Asia.

The originated place seems like baikal lake or mongolia.

First of all, Coreans are taught to be humble but we rarely will represent ourselves as stupid dumb boys in an international forum. This is done by somebody who thinks Coreans are stupid and dumb.

Secondly, if stupidumboy is Corean, this so-called gene map should be in Corean, not Japanese.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jopok said:
To Kara-san,
At first I stopped posting since you really lost it.

To Kara-san?s friend,

Another sneaking ploy that?s making me sick!

First of all, Coreans are taught to be humble but we rarely will represent ourselves as stupid dumb boys in an international forum. This is done by somebody who thinks Coreans are stupid and dumb.

Secondly, if stupidumboy is Corean, this so-called gene map should be in Corean, not Japanese.

Your name says it.
Jopok-means gangster.

I just could not stand silly Koreans like you spread all of the childish anti japan messages in every japan related forums on the internet.
If you want to do that,buy a web domain and create forum site for your purpose.

O.k., now you can post something in Corean to cover it up, but you already exposed yourself to all the intelligent people in this forum.

Jopok said:
O.k., now you can post something in Corean to cover it up, but you already exposed yourself to all the intelligent people in this forum.

If you can find out any Korean pics that clearly show the gene spreads in Asia somehow like the one I posted,show me please.

I will change the map.
You care to very timid things here.

uygurlar said:
Korea was ruled by Chinese in Han Dynasty for nearly 4 centuries. Tang was in Korea for little over 3 decades. Ming ruled (semi) over Korea during the wars with Hideyoshi's armies. When Ming Chinese drove out the Japanese, they stayed around to pillage and plunder Koreans from what I read in Western history books. That war left the Ming bankrupt and later defenseless against internal peasant rebellions and later Manchu invasions.

Ming Dynasty was the most friendly one towards the Muslim people in China. Manchu was the most evil one.

Korea was never ruled by Han dynasty for 4 centuries.
Kokuryo had been defeated by han dynasty once in the battle in early time of their dynasty,but never ruled by han dynasty.
Kokuryo dynasty once occupied large part of manchu and succesfully defended themselves from Su Dynasty's large scaled invasion.

Tang dynasty allied with Sinra dynasty and took up the most part of the territory of kokuryo dynasty. Yes thats true.

Chosun dynasty was just tribunal state for ming dynasty(they just chose to become tribunal state but it was just their strategical decision)
Ming just respected all of their autonomy.I read a true book about record of the Choson dynasty and they referred about Ming's envoy visiting 韓城(currently Seoul)-the envoy could not move freely without any permission of Chosun dynasty even when they stayed in the national accomodation and going to the toilet.

The true invader of Korean peninsula was Mongolians during the Koryo dynasty only not by han chinese.

Jopok said:
Kara-SAN

Still mad at my post which exposed you as a condescending cream of the crop who liked to post in a ?foreign language? to most of the members in this forum?

From previous threads, I?m aware that you have some knowledge in the Corean language. But, by using every chance to trick me into posting in Corean will only expose further of your character as an extremely revengeful hypocrite instead of a helpful Japanese tutor.

조폭씨-

조폭처럼 굴지 말고 여기에서는 주제에 관련된 이야기를 합시다.
한국이 여전히 네쇼날리즘의 광기어린 나라이고 유교적인 구습이 아직도 가정한가운데에
자리잡고 있는 것은 댁도 한국인이면 잘 알것이오.특히나 외국에 있다가 오면 한국이 얼마나 강자가 약자들에게 횡포를 부리는 사회시스탬을 가지고 있는지는 잘알것이지요?

한국인들이 겸손을 미덕으로 배우기는 하지요. 그렇지만 대부분의 경우 특히 남자들의 경우는 허세와 기만으로 가득차게 행동하는 사람들이 많지요,사기사건도 많은 편이고.당신의 글 어디에서도 그런 겸손함이나 에절은 보이지 않습니다.. 재미교포신가요?

각설하고 어딜가나 댁같은 한국인들이 일본관련 주제 게시판에 가서 분위기 흐뜨려 놓는것을 도저히 볼수가 없었습니다.이건 한두번도 아니고 말이지요.좋은 일본인 친구들도 많은데 댁같은 한국인들도 이제 그만 있어주었으면 합니다.더이상 댓글은 안답니다. 쓸데없는 곳에 신경쓰지 말라구요.

Jopok said:

Yeah, really intelligent for you to come on to Japanese forums and start throwing out your anti-Japanese sentiments. Don't you have better things to do? If you want to paste anti-Japanese stuff on the web, go get your own discussion forum. This forum is for people who want to learn more about Japan and have friendly discussions with people who know about the Japanese culture.

Guys, I urge you to keep this thread friendly. Controversial discussions are perfectly fine, but if they get out of hand we will not hesitate to lock this thread and warn any members involved.

Thank you. :souka:

This thread has been viewed 47602 times.

Back