Can men wear skirt and be accepted openly in the public?

Can you accept men wear skirts openly in society.

• Yes

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters

MShingen

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to find out whether do you all accept men to wear skirt in society. Please state your reasons in selecting your opinion. Thank you for your time.

I'm Old Fashioned.......

I'd say unless he has a Scottish accent and carries bag pipes, no. Speaking of bags, with wind chills of 30 below zero, mine would freeze and drop off in a skirt !!

Frank

:blush:

skirts are hella comfy. sometimes i think we got confused somewhere in the past when they were deciding who wears what. i mean skirts give freedom of movement for your junk, whereas pants dont. not that i wanna see a bunch of guys running around in ultra-minis with their dorks a flapping in the wind, but the occasional sarong just feels so nice. the only thing i dont really like about skirts is no pockets, cant stand that i have too much crap that i carrry around to not have pockets. fiji/butterfly/wrap pants are cool too if you can find a pair with pockets in em.

:D @ jeisan

Frank, are you "hanging" in up there?! :p

Old Fashioned Winter !!

Wind chills of 30 to 40 below and temps below freezing for the past few weeks. Definately getting cabin fever. My car sounds like a tortured animal when I start it. When the temp gets above 20 it feels like beach weather ! Glad I don't live where it really gets cold !!

Frank

:p

Only kind of skirt Japanese men wear are called "Hakama" and is a black skirt worn primarily by masters of Aikido and Aiki-Jujutsu, as well as other martial arts.

They wear no makeup or lip gloss at all, however. :D

i think its fine for men to wear skirts openly in society.lol in my opinion i think its cute .people might look at you funny but who cares.if you like it then its alright!

I just read the title and all i can think about is the real question...Do men really want to go through the drama [a$$-kicking, silent whispers, very loud whispers, etc...] just to be openly accepted in public. well i stay away from skirts...i would rather just go naked!! :D

I care what other people wear. As long as it doesn't disrupte me, I'm OK.

I think it would be cool if more guys wore skirts. I mean look at some of the visual bands who wear skirts constantly and people worship them (well some of the popular ones) I know my friends don't mind men in skirts, it means they are conifdent and brave (or gay) My friends and I have this guy that we're friends with and we constantly try to dress him in womens clothing.:happy: poor guy we torture him

Please see the picture below:
1221go04.jpg

And give your comments.
The actual website for this article in Japanese can be found at http://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2003/12/21/109407.shtml

jeisan said:
the only thing i dont really like about skirts is no pockets, cant stand that i have too much crap that i carrry around to not have pockets.
Yeah, that's why women carry purses.

Also, if I wear a skirt, do I have to wax my legs??

WONDERFUL BUT.....

Now picture an old guy like me !! Hairy legs, baggy knees, bowlegged, vericose vein bulges, one sock up & one rolled down around the ankle, boxer shorts sagging down below the edge of the skirt !!! Not something ya want strolling in front of you !!!

Frank

:blush:

PS Really describing my mother-in-law , not me !!

@m477- You don't HAVE to wax your legs but it's probably a good idea.

I find the male samurai .... costume (forgotten it's name..) really sexy! There's a new drama with Shingo as a samurai.... mmhmm!
My husband also got married in a haori hakama... he looked great! Took a little of the attention away from me though.... :p
Hubby also has a summer jimbe (sp?) but I want to get him a full legth jimbe/ yukata.

samurai attire is really sexy isn't it? I would jump on a guy wearing samurai attire ^-^

Re: Old Fashioned Winter !!

Frank D. White said:
Wind chills of 30 to 40 below and temps below freezing for the past few weeks. Definately getting cabin fever. My car sounds like a tortured animal when I start it. When the temp gets above 20 it feels like beach weather ! Glad I don't live where it really gets cold !!

Frank

:p

I live in Alaska ^^ I love cold weather.

Maybe young boys who are high-pitched, shave their legs, and cosplay as schoolgirls, but I don't know about men...:blush:

Hachiko said:
Maybe young boys who are high-pitched, shave their legs, and cosplay as schoolgirls, but I don't know about men...:blush:

Good idea! You have just created another opportunity to wear skirt in public and enjoy yourself.

This thread has been viewed 166384 times.

Back