PDA

View Full Version : Q&A : When should I give reputation to someone ?

Maciamo
08-04-04, 09:38
Reputation is made to reward good members for their participation. I recommend all of you not to be stingy on reputationn votes and approve any message that :

- answered your question, gave your relevant information or made you learn something interseting
- was well-written or funny enough to deserve recognition
- express exactly what was in your mind (agree completely)

Use the "disapprove" option only when you judge someone's behaviour unacceptable, rude, unrespectful or for spammers.

EscaFlowne
08-04-04, 14:55
HERE HERE!!!! MAciamo, you get a point for this

*Point*

PaulTB
01-05-04, 14:22
So hands up anybody who's had more than five people rep vote for them. ;-)

I suspect if there are any 'big winners' they'll be among those busy in the high volume forums like chat not the relatively slow ones like 'learn japanese'.

Of course there is one other way to get rep votes ...

Frank D. White
01-05-04, 14:38
I just can't seem to remember to give points out! I also
have the problem of forgetting to turn my ad blocker off when I come on the Forum. I have to log out, shut it off, and log back in so I can use the pop-up window to give rep. As I get older the ol memory fails me and I depend on establishing a habit to do something. I promise to work on the "good" habit of giving rep points in the future!

Frank

:blush:

Winter
01-05-04, 21:33
So...the disapprove option was made just for me, right Maciamo?

EscaFlowne
04-05-04, 15:08
I give out points and i get points. Come on FRank! Take your ginko and remember to give points where there "Needed!" :relief: :wave:

dreamer
04-05-04, 16:09
Give points? Oo
I only gave points once to see how it worked though ^^

PaulTB
04-05-04, 16:22
Give points? Oo
I only gave points once to see how it worked though ^^
I give points to people who correctly answer my puzzels* in the Japanese slang thread - but I don't think people really care.

I've said before that I think it's likely that thread-rating and rep voting won't catch on.

* imported shibboleth

jovial_jon
14-05-04, 17:13
I've just realised if you put the cursor over the little green light it tells you how nice you are! I'm 'quite nice' apparently! :-)

EscaFlowne
14-05-04, 17:29
I've just realised if you put the cursor over the little green light it tells you how nice you are! I'm 'quite nice' apparently! :-)

U and me both! :wave:

Frank D. White
14-05-04, 17:35
I'm a crazy ol man !!

Frank

PaulTB
14-05-04, 17:37
U and me both! :wave:
Mhaha! I'm "just really nice" :blush:

EscaFlowne
14-05-04, 17:38
either that or quite popular!!
I don't know what your doing but frank is almost up to the *Godly title!* We gotta talk to rachel about all this flirting you've been doing to her. She pressing that reputation point button a little too much. :D

Glenn
05-06-04, 12:25
I have a question about reputation comments. Exactly who can see them? I know that admin and donors can, but can everyone else see them without having to guess on which post they received reputation? If not, then what is the point of leaving a comment? Does the admin see the comments that people leave for other people on the fora?

kirei_na_me
05-06-04, 12:58
I think all memebers can see their reputation points and comments when they click 'user CP', but I don't think they can tell for which post they received the comments(which is kind of frustrating). And I am pretty sure all team members(admin, advisors, moderators) can see the comments left.

Buddha Smoker
05-06-04, 13:46
Reputation...I guess I haven't found that function yet. :D Guess I'll have to start using it.

playaa
06-06-04, 00:38
To be honest, I have not used the reputation system much.. But now that I think about it I will try harder and begin to use it more, hell the admin's went through the trouble to make the feature available for us, so I will not let it go for no use. :p

Buddha Smoker
06-06-04, 03:19
To be honest, I have not used the reputation system much.. But now that I think about it I will try harder and begin to use it more, hell the admin's went through the trouble to make the feature available for us, so I will not let it go for no use. :p

I used it for the first time for a couple people....I guess it's pretty cool after all and somebody gave me one too. Pretty neat indeed. :bravo:

Riven
07-06-04, 12:39
I understood reputation when I tryed to clik on the green light and that only "rate post" worked and said I have 2000 reputation points (I am kidding... I have 3000 hahaha... *j/k*).
Does 1 point refers to on person who gave you reputation ? Does bad reputation lows the number of your points ?

Buddha Smoker
07-06-04, 12:46
I understood reputation when I tryed to clik on the green light and that only "rate post" worked and said I have 2000 reputation points (I am kidding... I have 3000 hahaha... *j/k*).
Does 1 point refers to on person who gave you reputation ? Does bad reputation lows the number of your points ?

I was curious too? I only see two reputation posts but it says a total of 28 points...is one rep post worth 14 or did others just not leave comments?

Riven
07-06-04, 13:01
I was curious too? I only see two reputation posts but it says a total of 28 points...is one rep post worth 14 or did others just not leave comments?
I think it doesn't worth 14, because one day I had 11 and the other one I had 14 ... And I havent seen any comment :p

Buddha Smoker
07-06-04, 13:06
I think it doesn't worth 14, because one day I had 11 and the other one I had 14 ... And I havent seen any comment :p

Then tell me what you get after I leave you a comment :?

I left you a reputation just now.

Riven
07-06-04, 13:13
I now have 18 points. So your reputation gave me 4 points (thx :D)
I can also see the comment left aside.
Is it always same number of points we have ?

EscaFlowne
07-06-04, 13:24
I currently have 33 points. I don't believe its the same number of points, i believe each time you get a point it goes up a certain number. Like you get 2 points the first time and then the next time you get 4 instead of 2 and then the next time 6 instead of 2. :relief: maybe something like that. Hope it helps. Maybe i should go and read that faq thomas put up on this.

Riven
07-06-04, 13:30
I currently have 33 points. I don't believe its the same number of points, i believe each time you get a point it goes up a certain number. Like you get 2 points the first time and then the next time you get 4 instead of 2 and then the next time 6 instead of 2. :relief: maybe something like that. Hope it helps. Maybe i should go and read that faq thomas put up on this.
I think I understand :p :relief:
I think I should read it too :blush:

EscaFlowne
07-06-04, 13:39
It helped a little. But not point wise. May just have to ask Maciamo. :-)

Buddha Smoker
07-06-04, 14:55

There's a FAQ?...I really need to look around more. :D

EscaFlowne
07-06-04, 16:30
yea, Thomas put this up first
FAQ (http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80549&postcount=3) :cool:

Frank D. White
07-06-04, 21:34
I think when an ol timer gives you "rep" you get a lot of points from that person as compared with a newer person with a low post count ?

Frank

jeisan
07-06-04, 21:43
the number of points you get from a reputation depends on the person who gave it to you. admins and mods give (and take away) more than regular members. also the higher the reputation of the "giver" the more they will give. i think post count and duration of membership also factor in abit too.

Riven
07-06-04, 22:16
And you can't give reputation to some people if you have less than 100 post I think. I know I couldn't give any to some people with a lot of posts when I only had 50.

Buddha Smoker
08-06-04, 00:22
yea, Thomas put this up first
FAQ (http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80549&postcount=3) :cool:

Thanks.

the number of points you get from a reputation depends on the person who gave it to you. admins and mods give (and take away) more than regular members. also the higher the reputation of the "giver" the more they will give. i think post count and duration of membership also factor in abit too.

That helps explain the mystery of it. It's a cool system. Thanks again.

EscaFlowne
08-06-04, 14:18

I'd have to admit that is pretty tight. Thanks for the info. Wow, i hope someone with a high post count and status[admin] hits me with some points. I wonder how much would i go up. :lol:

Buddha Smoker
08-06-04, 14:26
I'd have to admit that is pretty tight. Thanks for the info. Wow, i hope someone with a high post count and status[admin] hits me with some points. I wonder how much would i go up. :lol:

At least others might help :hey:

EscaFlowne
08-06-04, 14:37
True that :cool:

Buddha Smoker
08-06-04, 15:06
True that :cool:

Your Welcome :p

jeisan
08-06-04, 16:23
youre both welcome, the only downside is that i dont think all that many people use the system. even when they like or agree with a post they dont give rep. id say only a handful of the total members, so it would work better if more people used it.

Buddha Smoker
08-06-04, 23:00
youre both welcome, the only downside is that i dont think all that many people use the system. even when they like or agree with a post they dont give rep. id say only a handful of the total members, so it would work better if more people used it.

Well, I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for this thread. Thanks too.

dreamer
08-06-04, 23:05
I still don't get a thing (well..maybe I missed it on the FAQ) but what does a red lantern mean? Oo
Does it means I was awarded a bad point?

EDIT: never mind it was a bug...it became grey...

EscaFlowne
09-06-04, 13:28
The gray light in your user cp from someone giveing you a point is most likely someone giving you a point who has a bad reputation. I have one graylight from a little cat-demon named sanyolover. It was a good reputation point it's just here light is gray meaning she got a bad reputation point.

I say in our sigs we promote the reputation system! :balloon: that way everyone could see it and think about it.

Buddha Smoker
09-06-04, 15:48
I say in our sigs we promote the reputation system! :balloon: that way everyone could see it and think about it.

I'm thinking about modifying my Signature too just for that reason too when I get time.

EscaFlowne
09-06-04, 17:02
good job! :haihai:

dreamer
09-06-04, 21:07
lol I'm hesitating ^^'

Buddha Smoker
09-06-04, 23:43
lol I'm hesitating ^^'

Hesitating for what? :?

dreamer
09-06-04, 23:53
promoting the reputation points system ^^'

Buddha Smoker
10-06-04, 01:34
promoting the reputation points system ^^'

Don't hesitate..just (trying to think of a good word to rhyme that means do it)...ahhh..I give up.

Follow NIKE....Just do it. :D