War

Rachel

Mad Bee Hatch
Reaction score
The following is posted on behalf of Mr E.Star because I can't say it any better than he already has.
War, what IS it good for ?

War, Huh, yeah
<What is it good for?>
Absolutely nothing!
Ahuh
War, Huh, yeah
<What is it good for?>
Absolutely nothing!
Say it again, y'all
War, Huh
<What is it good for?>
Absolutely nothing!
Listen to me
Oww!

War, I despise;
Because it means destruction of innocent lives.
War means tears to thousands of loving eyes,
When their sons go to fight and lose their lives.

I said
War, Huh, Good God Y'all
<What is it good for?>
Absolutely nothing!
War, Huh, Oh Lord
<What is it good for?>
Absolutely nothing!
Listen to me
War, Huh,
It ain't nothin' but a heartbreaker,
friend only to the undertaker.

Oh, War is an enemy of all mankind ,
The point of war blows my mind.
War has caused unrest within the younger generation.
Induction, then destruction
Who wants to die?!?

Ow, War, huh, Good God, Y'all,
<What is it good for?>
Absolutely nothing!
Say it, Say it, Say it
War, Huh, yeah
<What is it good for?>
Absolutely nothing!
Listen to me
War,
It got one friend that's the undertaker.

War has shattered many young men's dreams.
Made him disabled, bitter and mean!
Life is but too surely precious to
fight mighty wars each day;
War can't give life it can only take it away.

Ow, War, huh, Good God, Y'all,
<What is it good for?>
Absolutely nothing!
Say it again,
War, Huh,
<What is it good for?>
Absolutely nothing!
Listen to me
War,
friend only to the undertaker
Whoo!

Peace, love and understanding, tell me
is there no place for the everyday?
They say we must fight
to keep our freedom
But Lord knows there's got to be a better way
Ow!

War, huh, Good God, Y'all,
<What is it good for?>
You tell me, Huh
Say it, Say it, Say it
War, Huh, yeah
<What is it good for?>
nothing!

Man, I Used To Love Dancing To That !!

That was for my generations war, THE NAM !!

Frank

:spray:

No, no, no !!
:angryfire
This thread is about WHAT Edwin Star was trying to say, not about memories or dancing in traffic.
I know I like to joke and have fun, but I posted this on the Serious forum for a reason.
This is a serious question.
War what IS it good for ? Can anyone come up with a good reason for it !
And if not, then why the HELL do you think we spend so much time, blood and effort in trying to wage it ?

THAT'S EASY...

war is conducted by the old, rich, & powerful. They become richer & more powerful and help mother nature
preform population control. The young, poor, & weak just happen to be ground up in the process and are called collateral damage!If only they could keep the nasty pictures and news off the telly it would run smoother
for "THEM"!!

Frank
:?

In the coldest sense, war serves as a deterrent or defense against one group of people taking over or destroying another, or as a means of expansion to solidify or expand ones existing economic/political/some might say social order, or system.

Machiavelli said "War is just when it is necessary; arms are permissible when there is no hope except in arms." That statement is pretty wide open to interpretation though...

Is there a "good" reason, as in morally correct, for war? Probably not - or only in very extreme circumstances. Are there logical reasons? Well, if we, like all good vulcans, separate logic from emotions, yes, there are probably many logical reasons for war.

But when we start making judgements about life and death fully devoid of emotion, there is little that then separates man from animal.

Rachel said:
No, no, no !!
:angryfire
This thread is about WHAT Edwin Star was trying to say, not about memories or dancing in traffic.
I know I like to joke and have fun, but I posted this on the Serious forum for a reason.
This is a serious question.
War what IS it good for ? Can anyone come up with a good reason for it !
And if not, then why the HELL do you think we spend so much time, blood and effort in trying to wage it ?

For those who believe in war, I would have to say the answer is MONEY and PROFITS, pure and simple. That's what they believe war is good for.

WAR, its what happens when you have so many world leaders who do not agree.. Wish we didnt have it but I dont think that will ever happen.

Satori said:
For those who believe in war, I would have to say the answer is MONEY and PROFITS, pure and simple. That's what they believe war is good for.

yea i agree.......especially for some major countries a war could lead to economic prosperity. Since there are more jobs avaible and un-employments rates are going down

its all about the money...but whats the topic a real war? sometimes its based on religion believes and thats something where money also plays a part in. Ground claims etc.....power is i think also a good motive.

I'm glad that Sweden hasn't been involved in any fighting the past 200+ years.

War; sometimes you have to use it...

The US and its allies are fighting a war against Islamic terrorists who will stop at NOTHING to achieve their goals. You have already seen them use suicide bombers, flying planes into buildings, etc. I know some people will say "Oh, the US mideast policy is to blame yada yada yada", well bullshit. Nearly 10 years ago Islamic fundamentalists met in London. What was and is their long-term dream goal? To establish a new world caliphate and impose sharia (Islamic law) all over the world. Why do you think Bin Laden and his ilk hate the US and its allies so much? He sure as hell doesn't care about the Palestinians. The freedom we Americans enjoy is anathema to what the Islamic fundamentalists believe in, especially the freedom women enjoy. Remember what the Taliban did in Afghanistan; they prevented women from going to school, publicly flogged women who went about in public alone and without a male relative companion and forced them to stay home. No ones LIKES war but sometimes you have to use brutal means to put down violent thugs. You better hope Iraq becomes a stable country because if the US pulls all its troops out and says to hell with it then there is no doubt Irag will become the next terrorist headquarters.

This thread has been viewed 10430 times.

Back