McDonald's to launch adult Happy Meals

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
Reaction score
Ethnic group
caucasian(Swiss/English/Native American)
McDonald's Launches Healthier Menu Items

CHICAGO - Coming soon to a McDonald's near you: Adult Happy Meals, featuring salad, bottled water, pedometer and advice to walk more.

The hamburger giant outlined plans Thursday to introduce the "Go Active!" meals for grown-ups at all 13,500 of its U.S. restaurants May 6 along with other steps designed to make its fare ? and its image ? more healthy.

Okay, this article is interesting and all. McDonald's offering so-called healthier alternatives and whatnot, but the main reason I'm posting this is to see if any of you had the same reaction that I did when I read the headline.

My first thought was "adult Happy Meals?! What do you get as the toy?!" :p

Back to the subject. What's interesting, is that I have heard somewhere, that McDonald's salads can be one of the worst things you can get on their menu. I've heard that a regular cheeseburger has less fat than one of their salads.

Great Minds Think Alike !!

My first thought was the "TOY" also!!

Frank

:blush: :D

Hummmmmm, Buzz Lightyear Here To...

launch you into the "Outer-Space" of pleasure!!

BUZZ

BUZZ

BUZZ

Frank

:spray: :spray: :spray: :spray: :spray:

Rachel said:
Hmmm... I wonder if it goes Buuzzzz... :D :shock: :giggle:

Woohoo! I hope so! I'd be at McDonald's all the time! :p That'd sure work off some calories! I'd skip the food and go straight for the toy!

Haha! Thats great, but what about the guys? :mad:

You mean McDees is getting into the Adult Toys scenario in Tokyo? What do they do, cator for Love Hotels? :D

Errr i'd rather a child happy meal then :bawling:

kirei_na_me said:
Back to the subject. What's interesting, is that I have heard somewhere, that McDonald's salads can be one of the worst things you can get on their menu. I've heard that a regular cheeseburger has less fat than one of their salads.
Well, yeah, once you drown it in dressing it will have more fat than one of those tiny "regular" cheeseburgers.

Also, dietary fat does not necessarily equal body fat...

I don't think a lot of people think about that, though.

They think that just because they're getting a salad, that it must be good for them. Some people are not even taking the dressing into consideration, I don't think.

Yeah thats like the people that order 2 double cheeseburgers and a large fry, with a diet coke :p

Yeah, I guess a lot of people don't realise about the dressing... however, even if the amount of fat is the same it's much healthier to have the mono-unsaturated fat in, say, olive oil than the saturated fat in the greasy beef and cheese. Although I don't know if McD's uses real olive oil. Probably not.

Speaking of toys, I was wondering. If a phallic toy was fixed up so it would link to the motion of the wheels of an exercise bike, would that encourage women to exercise? :blush:

DaMo said:
Speaking of toys, I was wondering. If a phallic toy was fixed up so it would link to the motion of the wheels of an exercise bike, would that encourage women to exercise? :blush:

Speaking of toys, I was wondering. If a toy shapped like a cupped hand was fixed up so it would link to the motion of the wheels of an exercise bike, would that encourage men to exercise? :)

ashuri2 said:
Speaking of toys, I was wondering. If a toy shapped like a cupped hand was fixed up so it would link to the motion of the wheels of an exercise bike, would that encourage men to exercise? :)
Yes ! Nice come back honey. :D :lol:

If The Only Tv In The House Had To Be ....

ashuri2 said: