Frank D. White

THE CRAZY OLD GUY !!
Reaction score
Ethnic group
German/French/Scottish
Bright military personel in Git-mo take pictures of
prisoners being abused and get them released to the
world. Now we get compared to Sadam in treatment of
his prisoners! Amazing how low people can sink when they put their heads togeather!

Frank

:( :( :( :( :(

Golgo, Frank's comment was sarcastic.

I don't think I will EVER understand why people are such idiots. I mean having such idiots in our military is what makes the world hate the u.s., I mean the years of drunken marines and army starting fights at local's around the world image. The torchering of prisoners, the raping of women. I mean where does this stop?.. :(

<sigh> it'd be nice if people could show a bit of respect for other people, just in general..what is it about war/the military that seems to turn people into such beasts that they rape and kill innocnets- something they'd never do back home? are there still incidents going on in okinawa about american soldiers putting the moves on japanese school girls?

Its the human psyche. Put a human in an unfamiliar setting, surrounded by mobs of their own; get one bad thought in one single person, and the wave of the whole of people will follow in turn.

I'm not saying that you need to be more sympathetic to the soldier, heavens no. I mean, when would I ever preach sympathy? No, what I'm saying is that no matter how disgusting, vile, idiotic, whatever you think of the people committing such terrible acts, dont think for a second that given the circumstance, and situation, you wouldnt do the same. Because if you truly believe you wouldnt, you are not just a liar; you are a complete fool.

Winter said:
Its the human psyche. Put a human in an unfamiliar setting, surrounded by mobs of their own; get one bad thought in one single person, and the wave of the whole of people will follow in turn.

I'm not saying that you need to be more sympathetic to the soldier, heavens no. I mean, when would I ever preach sympathy? No, what I'm saying is that no matter how disgusting, vile, idiotic, whatever you think of the people committing such terrible acts, dont think for a second that given the circumstance, and situation, you wouldnt do the same. Because if you truly believe you wouldnt, you are not just a liar; you are a complete fool.

:( you're perfectly right about the human psyche and about what'd we probably do in the same situation. however, though that might hold true for most of us (humanity, including myself), i think there are some who wouldn't follow the tide due to integrity...precious few, but still, it's those few who can make a difference and quite frankly, keep me from being a misanthrope at times...

This thread has been viewed 5169 times.

Back