Does Your Country Have A Scouting Program ??

Frank D. White

THE CRAZY OLD GUY !!
Reaction score
Ethnic group
German/French/Scottish
Do you have scouts in your country? Here in America we have Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Explorers. I went through Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts & Explorers to become an Eagle Scout; how about you? I learned a lot about many things and over all enjoyed most of my experiences.
How about you? Did you ever belong to some kind of youth program. Does your country have a different program for young people? Do you think such programs are for Dorks or Dweebs? Any good stories to tell?

Frank

:?

I believe that boy/girl scouts (same organization of Baden Powel as in the US) exist in all Western countries. There is probably a website with the list of all represented countries...

I once met a Japanese guy involved in scouting as well, so it's probably more than just the West. Or maybe Maciamo meant Westernized countries ;).

Elizabeth said:
I once met a Japanese guy involved in scouting as well, so it's probably more than just the West. Or maybe Maciamo meant Westernized countries ;).

I didn't said it was exclusive of non Western countries :p

We got scouts in Canada, there's different kinds I don't really know the whole deal about them but some wear weird uniforms with a sorta belt on their shirt. The other one looks like there in the army, dressed in dark blue with a beret.

I've never had a girl scout come to my door to sell me cookies, but sometimes I see them begging for money at grocery stores. I try to avoid them since I'm cheap but if they catch me I usually say "Sorry, Je ne parle pas anglais" lol

As for losers and nerds, well it depends on the person. I hate the ones who think there a big survivor hero, that wear there scouts shorts to school and carries a pocket knife and compus. Tells you how much fun they had at scout camp being tea bagged by his friends at night.

In Canada we have Boy Scouts, Scouts (co-ed) and then the Girl Guides.

I was in Girl Guides & Brownies and the rankings are as followed (at least to my knowledge): Sparks, Brownies, Guides, Pathfinders and... I can't remember the rest.
http://www.girlguides.ca/

Not sure how the Boy Scouts run in Canada. But yeah, I imagine the site will tell ya more: http://www.scouts.ca

The Girl Guide cookies in Canada aren't as good as they used to be. Mr. Christie used to make them (and they were so yummy) and now I think Dare has the rights.

I feel so old now... when I sold cookies in Brownies, they were $1.25 (CDN$) a box. Now they're like $4 (CDN$) each! And the Brownies/Gudies have more relaxed uniforms than those ugly brown/blue dresses I had to wear with the knee high stockings and acorn hats. Now it's just a T-shirt and bucket hat.

Maciamo said:
I believe that boy/girl scouts (same organization of Baden Powel as in the US) exist in all Western countries. There is probably a website with the list of all represented countries...

Here's the site:

Scout.org

Old thread, but what the hell. Looking at this link gives you the name of all associations. Only five countries have no scouts; Andorra, Cuba, North Korea, Laos and Myanmar. China does, but only in Macau and Hong Kong.
Glad to see you were a scout Frank. I've been associated with Scouts since I was 11. I am now a Cub Scout leader. My group is about the third oldest in the world, founded in 1908 and has been in continous existance since then. Two of our leaders were killed in WW1. We currently run 2 Beaver colonies, 3 Cub packs, 2 Scout troops and an Explorer unit.

I was in the Cub/Boy scouts for a total of 8 years. i got my Eagle at 16. for those of us who did it we had fun and enjoyed it. some people thought it was stupid and it really didnt matter.

I was a scout in my junior years. I still use the org-maetup tie on all occasions. The code of scouts have been quite a part of me, even before I was a scout officially.

This thread has been viewed 12352 times.

Back