Vatican Warns Catholics Against Marrying Muslims

Hachiko

Look who's back!
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Filipino
Check out this issue:

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican warned Catholic women on Friday to think hard before marrying a Muslim and urged Muslims to show more respect for human rights, gender equality and democracy.

Yahoo! News

capt.xvat10405141345.vatican_us_bishops_xvat104.jpg

Pope John Paul II delivers his speech to U.S. Bishops during a special audience in the Clementine Hall at the Vatican Friday, May 14, 2004. Bishops of the U.S. Episcopal Conference arrived for ''Ad Limina Apostolorum'' visit. (AP Photo/ Osservatore Romano)

Islam does not admit a marriage with a christian.. only if christian
leaves his religion and corvert his mind to islam.

If that christian is a woman she must accept all the religiuos laws about women
that in many islamic countries cannot vote cannot drive a car and cannot dress
like a western...but all covered.
Let us see how many christian churches are in islamic countries?
There are many moscheas in all europe...i think the balance it is different.
so I find correct thast if an islamic wihes to marrie a christian must change religion
or both should be free...to mantain their own religion and have a civil marriage
this is difficolt with islamic laws.

ippolito said:
Islam does not admit a marriage with a christian.. only if christian
leaves his religion and corvert his mind to islam.

It looks like the old geezers in Rome have still made a blunder. :blush:

Maciamo said:
It looks like the old geezers in Rome have still made a blunder. :blush:
Not really. Having to renounce christianity is a pretty good reason for the Pope to want you to think hard before marrying someone.

Having said that though I don't think 'muslims' all fall neatly into the same category - I doubt that it is true for all values of 'muslim'.

See http://www.mcmarriage.org.uk/ for instance.

Well, I'm certainly not one to pay any attention to what the Pope says(*shudders at the thought*), but anyway...

I know several Egyptians who are not really what I would call devout Muslims, and two are married to American women who didn't convert. One of my best friends in college was half Saudi Arabian. Her father was a Saudi and her mom was American. Of course, Saudi Arabia being as conservative as it is, her mother converted to Islam. My friend was also very conservative and a devout Muslim. Much more conservative and much more 'religious' than the Egyptians I know.

Hmm, nice Google ad there

" Ii John Paul Pope
Compare and buy it on eBay. Thousands of new & used items! "

How much for just the vatican? ^^;

:D

Darn, I'm not getting that ad right now!

Religion...it has always been a probelm when it comes to wedding...
I know a few people who have parents with different religon, however lot of them do have in common that their parents aren't married Oo

My google add:
UCP
Powerful advocates for people with disabilities. You can help!​

pope talking

kirei_na_me said:
Well, I'm certainly not one to pay any attention to what the Pope says(*shudders at the thought*), but anyway...

I know several Egyptians who are not really what I would call devout Muslims, and two are married to American women who didn't convert. One of my best friends in college was half Saudi Arabian. Her father was a Saudi and her mom was American. Of course, Saudi Arabia being as conservative as it is, her mother converted to Islam. My friend was also very conservative and a devout Muslim. Much more conservative and much more 'religious' than the Egyptians I know.

Is the pope still talking ? For the past... few years I could never understand what he is saying. The brave man should take a nice rest, he more than desserves it due to his illness and age.

As for Muslims, please DO NOT make foolish mistakes believing they are AlQuaida. Only a very little number, a more than minor proportion are. The great majority are respectfull, even if non-muslim dont always understand.
I think the situation and US (+ coalition) attitude in Arab countries makes things worst for the moment.

All the Muslims I know are great people. People who would do anything to help someone. People who make really good friends.

kirei_na_me said:
All the Muslims I know are great people. People who would do anything to help someone. People who make really good friends.
Muslims are as human as you & me. They can be sweet, funny, vengeful, helpful, etc. The real problem comes when you let them rule your lives with their Islamic laws.

In Islam women are not allowed to marry non-muslims. Only Muslim men are allowed to marry non-muslims but this is only limited to Christians & Jews, the only other religions that Islam respects. Buddhists, Hindus & Pagans are not tolerated in Islam.

DoctorNO, you seem to have some real problems with Islam and Muslims. If I'm not mistaken, that's the only subject you've posted about on this forum thus far. Why is it that you come to a forum about Japan to post about Islam?

kirei_na_me said:
DoctorNO, you seem to have some real problems with Islam and Muslims. If I'm not mistaken, that's the only subject you've posted about on this forum thus far. Why is it that you come to a forum about Japan to post about Islam?

I see many problems with Islam. Things that make muslims behave the way they do.

And Ive also post in another topic in this forum.

I just found this forum while surfing the net. I was looking for an old japanese product called "Voltes V".

Anyway I am only interested in the truth so if there is something i said that you can correct by all means correct me. :)

Okay, whatever you say.

I just see many problems with all religions. I think religion is one of the major causes of the many problems in this world.

kirei_na_me said:
I just see many problems with all religions. I think religion is one of the major causes of the many problems in this world.

Religions are not created/invented equal. Some are better, some are worst. Some religion can change. I see Islam as the worst and the most deadly religion because it is an unchanging religion that is stuck on the values & ethics of the 7th century. Islam is a one way path. So easy to enter, extremely difficult to leave, especially if you live in a muslim dominated community.

And so women should take extra care before entertaining muslim suitors. Be prepared to be dominated. Be prepared for a radical change in values. Especially if the muslim man is a devout Sunni or Shia. Study both the positive and negative aspects of the desert Religion, Islam. :wave:

DoctorNO said:
Some religion can change. I see Islam as the worst and the most deadly religion because it is an unchanging religion that is stuck on the values & ethics of the 7th century.
Sorry, but you're pretty wrong here: all religions change more or less over time.
Islam is not one massive block with a unified ideology. You have some strange fundamentalists as you have progressives, pretty much like in Christianity or in Judaism.
There is a certain trend towards extreme attitudes in parts of Islam, but these cannot be explained by religious reasons alone.

The Vatican warned Catholic women on Friday to think hard before marrying a Muslim and urged Muslims to show more respect for human rights, gender equality and democracy.

I can see why they would suggest this, considering the respect for woman in the religioun. Muslims can be good or bad depending on the person. Not all of them are crazy. I personally do not like Christianity or Islam. I don't hate the people who practice it, but I hate how they persecute other people. Islam tends to be the worse out of the two (no woman rights). But the Holy Bible in America says that gay people will be put to death, that we should burn women who lay with beasts, and that nonbelievers will spend an eternity in the firey lakes of Hell. I am not in favor of any of the major 3 secs because all of their religions preach hate (Jewdism has changed). Islam definately stands out though, Its my least favorite religioun and my least favorite culture in my least favorite location. I certaintly don't hate Muslims though, only ignorant people would.

Muslims are as human as you & me. They can be sweet, funny, vengeful, helpful, etc. The real problem comes when you let them rule your lives with their Islamic laws.

I agree.

Buddhists, Hindus & Pagans are not tolerated in Islam.

They are not tolerated in Christianity either. In Christianity they will all spend an eternity in the lakes of hell (except for Catholicism). Isn't that sweet or what? :p

Religions are not created/invented equal. Some are better, some are worst.

Certaintly. Buddhism and certain Anamist religions are the best. They are more open minded towards other people and their religions fit along with science. Islam is arguably the worst, but Christianity is pretty bad in how it contradicts science so horribly (ex: Creationism, Earth being 10,000 years old, Noah's Flood being real all over the world, Dinosours and man once living together, fossiles being the remains of the flood, Adam and Eve, etc...).

Some religions can change. I see Islam as the worst and the most deadly religion because it is an unchanging religion that is stuck on the values & ethics of the 7th century. Islam is a one way path.

I agree with this. Islam is a stuck religion. Jewdism changed dramatically into being a peace loving religion. As for Christianity, the Protestants have always been slow to change, but at least they do change. Catholics do change, but not fast enough (acceptance of Evolution and Purgitory=nor Hell or Heaven). The Islamic nations have not changed, in fact they got worse (partly the fault of Imperialism).

All the Muslims I know are great people. People who would do anything to help someone. People who make really good friends.[/qoute]

People of the minority religion often are great people. There are even great Muslims in Islamic dominated nations. But the Islamic Right makes the Christian Right seem like butterflies. :eek:

DoctorNO said:

In Islam women are not allowed to marry non-muslims. Only Muslim men are allowed to marry non-muslims but this is only limited to Christians & Jews, the only other religions that Islam respects. Buddhists, Hindus & Pagans are not tolerated in Islam.

hi DoctorNo...
well not completely true...
any foreigner with any religion can marry with a muslim at turkey...no limitations....
only the problem is the religion of the children.....they have to cover the fathers' religion(not strictly compulsory) to the age of 16-18(idont remember the exact value).at that age free to chose either...

byeeeeeee :gohan:

Of course there will always be nice Christians and Muslims who do have a great religion. The problem is the Right-Wing takes over both of them. Some Christians don't even believe in Hell. Some believe everybody will go to heaven.
:wave:

whatisislam

Morfos said:
I can see why they would suggest this, considering the respect for woman in the religioun. Muslims can be good or bad depending on the person. Not all of them are crazy. I personally do not like Christianity or Islam. I don't hate the people who practice it, but I hate how they persecute other people. Islam tends to be the worse out of the two (no woman rights). But the Holy Bible in America says that gay people will be put to death, that we should burn women who lay with beasts, and that nonbelievers will spend an eternity in the firey lakes of Hell. I am not in favor of any of the major 3 secs because all of their religions preach hate (Jewdism has changed). Islam definately stands out though, Its my least favorite religioun and my least favorite culture in my least favorite location. I certaintly don't hate Muslims though, only ignorant people would.

I agree.

They are not tolerated in Christianity either. In Christianity they will all spend an eternity in the lakes of hell (except for Catholicism). Isn't that sweet or what? :p

Certaintly. Buddhism and certain Anamist religions are the best. They are more open minded towards other people and their religions fit along with science. Islam is arguably the worst, but Christianity is pretty bad in how it contradicts science so horribly (ex: Creationism, Earth being 10,000 years old, Noah's Flood being real all over the world, Dinosours and man once living together, fossiles being the remains of the flood, Adam and Eve, etc...).

I agree with this. Islam is a stuck religion. Jewdism changed dramatically into being a peace loving religion. As for Christianity, the Protestants have always been slow to change, but at least they do change. Catholics do change, but not fast enough (acceptance of Evolution and Purgitory=nor Hell or Heaven). The Islamic nations have not changed, in fact they got worse (partly the fault of Imperialism).

All the Muslims I know are great people. People who would do anything to help someone. People who make really good friends.[/qoute]

People of the minority religion often are great people. There are even great Muslims in Islamic dominated nations. But the Islamic Right makes the Christian Right seem like butterflies. :eek:

well its the people makes the religions rule......
(spahish inquisitioners and european witch chasers were christians....)
islam is just a new way of judaism and christianity.....
so be very careful about islam bad....judaism/christianity good...

-come whatever who you are-... mevlana celaleddin rumi
(i dont remember the exact words ...sorry.. :relief: )

This thread has been viewed 23663 times.

Back