Is McDonald's evil?

canadian_kor

Thrill Seeker
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Korean Canadian
Why would you eat that stuff? I live in Canada and we have McDonalds everywhere, but I try to avoid the "restaurants" like the plague.

Glenn said:
Jeez, guys, let the man eat what he wants. He isn't forcing you to eat it. :relief:

No kidding, Glenn.

I am not a big fan of McDonald's either, but I do have to admit that some McDonald's fries are good every now and then when I have a junk food craving.

Mandylion said:
Stick to the original topic (pricing) or start your own thread on the pros and cons of McD's. Thanks.

no, mc donalds is evil.

the prices in japan are different.

so what? its the same s*** all around the world, just some people are comfortable with being ripped off more than others.

I'm really anti mc donalds and all they stand for, so I'll shut up now before I explode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humm, Just Here??

I was wondering, here in Maine, every summer they offer a lobster roll for under $5.00 US. Now Maine is a lobster state so I can see having the roll. How about where you live, do they have it? If so , how much do they charge? I have to admit, I've been hooked on their fries
for over 30 years!

Frank

:?

Last time I was in McDonald's there was no lobster roll (or crawfish roll, for that matter), but I don't remeber when that was really. I know that it was a while ago, though.

BTW, are you saying that there is sushi in McDonald's in Maine?

I went to eat at McDonalds on Sunday... the fries package got smaller! Like 2/3rd the original size! Ripoff!
Is Hawaii the only place with Spam and Eggs at MickeyDs for breakfast?

We don't get any kind of interesting specialty like that. McRib is as interesting as it gets here... :p

dadako said:
no, mc donalds is evil.

the prices in japan are different.

Actually, the different prices are used for comparing purchasing power parity, it's called the Big Mac Index.
According to that index the Japanese Yen is under-evaluated by 20% against the Dollar.

Don't see, why McD is evil. If it weren't for the high prices I would devour a McRib once in a while (if they are still on offer, that is, haven't been to McDonald's for ages).

I tend to agree, Glenn. I'm generally a Libertarian at heart.

We reap what we sow, ね?

Dan

:blush:

I was just thinking the same thing...

I often get a bit carried away. Sorry! LOL!

Dan

Don't fight the low carb tide, ride on it!

When I was a kid, I loved McDonald. And now I still go to McDonald once or twice a week, but I think it tastes better in Hong Kong for some reason.

For me, McDonald's breakfast menu is pretty good. Big breakfast deluxe, sausage egg muffin and harsh brown. Give me a lot of energy.

Another reason I like McDonald because I love innovative people. By changing their menu (adding low carbs diet like garden salad with canberry dressing and low carb coke C2), they managed to put back the gold into their arches. A job well done!

And now they are planning to turn the chain into a family entertainment centre by adding video rentals in the restaurant. Blockbuster + McDonald? Pretty convenient! And there goes another happy (and economic) Sunday night for an American family.

After all, change is the only constant in a business battlefield!

Last edited:
Personally I prefer a nice Portuguese restaurant, but when I am short of time or money, McDs is the way to go, because it's cheap and since it is fast food, well... its fast.

One good thing that came out of all of this fast food places is that the typical restaurants had to adapt themselves to the new times and the new competition, so places like McDs helped to stimulate and inovated the market.

And if you don't like fast food, then don't eat it. On these days I'm not sure that people who use words like "Evil" are amusing or just plain scary.

I dislike McDonald's for many reasons, but the biggest one is that despite all their hype the food they offer is about the worst value for your money available.

In Canada you can buy one of their set meals for about 4-6 dollars (or you could last time I was in Canada, might have gone up since then). For that you get one of their absolutely awful sandwiches or burgers, a little package of fries (which, by fast food standards are admittedly better than most) and a soda. But if you go to any half decent regular restaurant or pub you can get a big, fresh juicy burger and a big serving of REAL french fries (as opposed to the fast food variety) for about 6-10 dollars, which isn't that much more than a McDonald's meal. For that, you get about twice as much actual food (prepared by real cooks instead of acne covered 15 year old 'trainees'), you get the food served at your table and (in most establishments) you can enjoy an atmosphere much nicer than the flourescent lights and plastic furniture at McDonald's. The costs of tips and drinks might push the total a little higher, but its still a much better deal. For my budget, it is WAAAAAYYY preferable to eat out at a decent restaurant 4 times a month than to eat bottom-quality McDonald's garbage 6 times a month.

All fast-food places are no good. Firstly, because their food isn't very healthy, and secondly, they have so many flavor additives, that they can fool your tounge in many ways. Those damn flavorist scientists!! Anyways, I rather eat a pitta or duner( almost turkish equivalent) rather than going to a fast food place, and the price is about the same.

This thread has been viewed 38900 times.

Back