transparent concrete

Very cool, but what type of application would you use it in? Strip clubs? LOL no, I guess not! I guess you could line changing rooms with them, then it would be easy to tell if someone was shoplifting, and they would still have a little privacy.

wonder if they'll use them for prisons....so people can see out of their cells....and others can see in....kind of like a human zoo, I guess.....

I recently read an article about a one-way transparent toilet in the side-walk. The occupant can see people outside walking by whereas the passers-by only sees a concrete building. The designer says, "It helps the toilet user to relax, and breathe better by having a good, open view on the street, people and pets walking by..." I really couldn't see the point, but I guess some people might enjoy peeping out the toilet by doing their thingy. :p

People who live in glass houses ...

... should always undress in the dark .... !

?W????

And now - my serious comment ...

Actually I think the concept is quite cool! I seem to have read about this a little time ago, and it interested me very much. At last we have a medium that can have structural integrity - but still transmit light!

Any idea how awkward, and expensive it is to punch holes into buildings and insert a fragile material like glass? And design beams over the windows and distribute loads around the openings and .. and .. and...

This is gonna go mainstream ...!

?W????

This thread has been viewed 8292 times.

Back