The Beheading Video

canadian_kor

Thrill Seeker
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Korean Canadian
Did anyone see the beheading video of the Korean hostage Kim Sun Il? I actually saw it and became sick to my stomach. I think it hit harder because it was a fellow Korean who was the victim (even though all of the previous victims should be mourned for).

I Think....

knowing ahead of time, what was going to happen to you, must be as bad as death when it comes!

Frank

:(

Just wait until they grab a woman or a child and behead her and videotape it for the whole world to see.

That's when shit's gonna hit the fan and real bullets are gonna start flyin' and real bombs are gonna start droppin'.

If I'm not mistaken, real bullets are flying and real bombs are droppin' already. There is a war on after all. I was just reading ten minutes ago that about 100 people were killed in battles across Iraq today alone. I doubt there are going to be any women or children getting beheaded on TV, mainly because there aren't many (any?) foreign women or children wandering around Iraq these days.

senseiman said:
If I'm not mistaken, real bullets are flying and real bombs are droppin' already. There is a war on after all. I was just reading ten minutes ago that about 100 people were killed in battles across Iraq today alone. I doubt there are going to be any women or children getting beheaded on TV, mainly because there aren't many (any?) foreign women or children wandering around Iraq these days.

good point, but some analysts predict that there will be many more beheadings in the future because of the publicity this one has gotten, and that if the terrorists continue such tactics all the foreign companies will withdraw, which is exactly what the terrorists want. it seems they have found the right button to push. i haven't seen it because on all the news channels it censored, of course...

I think these things require DRASTIC measurements...damn those religious bastards who try to spread their religion as THE ONLY GOOD ONE...what's up with that mentality afterall...look it's ok to have your own believes, but this is TOO much...I think they are a screwup of nature..something went wrong with their evolution...sometimes I think it better to just nuke the hell out off 'em...but then we wouldn't be any better....but surely THIS isn't the way it should go...they don't deserve to live...*gets angry* :eek:kashii:

They aren't religious fanatics....they are merely people with a fanaticism for power, and they are corrupted by the desire to put fear into others. If they really wanted to help the Iraqi or Afghanistan people, there are other ways to really help them....they don't care about who they harm or kill, as long as they get the satisfaction of being on the world news as fear mongers.....
but then, the folks in the middle east aren't the only ones who love the media coverage, to cover up their own mistakes....for the time being....as the Time Being sees all and knows all.....

ashuri2 said:
good point, but some analysts predict that there will be many more beheadings in the future because of the publicity this one has gotten, and that if the terrorists continue such tactics all the foreign companies will withdraw, which is exactly what the terrorists want. it seems they have found the right button to push. i haven't seen it because on all the news channels it censored, of course...
Aren't public beheadings specifically allowed under Muslim law ? I wouldn't be surprised if the Saudi government uses it alongside other methods of torture as part of their criminal justice toolkit.

Its odd, about this situation. Terrorists, or as some call them, freedom fighters, will continue to use tactics like this in order to regain control of their crumbling nation. Many believe that the media coverage fuels more; I personally dont buy that. This isnt like the neighborhood bully that will leave you alone if you dont laugh at his cruel jokes, or be bothered by his tyranny. I think these fighters are a tad different.

What about the countless beheadings of civilians caught in the midst of the various civil wars in the continent of Africa? Do they not exist, simply because the media doesnt cover them? Poppycock. They are still there, happening as we speak. In fact, the slave trade still exists in Africa, did you know that? Not like how it was 300 years ago, no, its actually 'evolved', if you can believe that. What are these slaves doing? Why, getting chocolate, for the Sn*ckers bars, and other such candies consumed by the rest of the world.

Whats my point? My point is simple, and is this; this violence isnt new, and this violence will not stop; ESPECIALLY with the tactics and methods most of the nations wanting to stop it, are acting out.

Until we can formulate truly effective methods than just brutality and force, we are all going to suffer losses to our civilians. Its obvious that the various military forces there striving to maintain some sort of stability is out of our control, but what we can do as citizens, is educate ourselves enough so that the tempting prices of working to rebuild the counties in question *which I can safely assume is the main source of motivation* wont be enough to subject ourselves to political turmoils, and needless deaths and executions.

Well said, Winter. I didn't realize that there was still a slave trade! Well, I guess there are a lot of things that I still haven't realized, but that is truly shocking. I guess I won't be able to eat Sn*ckers anymore (not that I eat them all that much now, or any candy for that matter). What about diamonds? Is there a slave trade for that too, or do people just kill each other for the mines?

senseiman said:
I doubt there are going to be any women or children getting beheaded on TV, mainly because there aren't many (any?) foreign women or children wandering around Iraq these days.

But there might be in Saudi Arabia. I don't think Al Qaida would even hesitate to do it if they ever kidnapped one. Of course, I'm sure that wouldn't bother you one bloody bit.

Excuse the pun.

den4 said:
the folks in the middle east aren't the only ones who love the media coverage, to cover up their own mistakes....for the time being....as the Time Being sees all and knows all.....

But they're the only ones right now who are beheading hostages and videotaping for the viewing pleasure of the whole world.

Golgo_13 said:
But there might be in Saudi Arabia. I don't think Al Qaida would even hesitate to do it if they ever kidnapped one. Of course, I'm sure that wouldn't bother you one bloody bit.

Excuse the pun.

Now lets not get all hostile again and start putting words into each other's mouths, I was just disagreeing with you, not trying to start a flame war. I'm curious as to how my simple criticism got translated in your head to my not being bothered "one bloody bit" by scenes of people getting beheaded.

You might be right about Saudi Arabia, though I'm thinking with all thats gone on recently anyone with family there would have sent them back home. Probably the more likely scenario would be a female US soldier in Iraq getting kidnapped and decapitated. If she looked like Jessica Lynch I imagine the reaction in the states would be pretty big.

senseiman said:
Probably the more likely scenario would be a female US soldier in Iraq getting kidnapped and decapitated. If she looked like Jessica Lynch I imagine the reaction in the states would be pretty big.

Now we're gettin' somewhere. :beer: :D

That "pretty big reaction" was what I was trying to allude to with "real bullets" and "real bombs".

on the smae program i heard the other info, they said in some middle eastern cultures that beheading is perfectly acceptable (like an electric chair or something) and is even considered humane when done quickly and with a sharp sword. of course, most of the world doesn't see it that way, and i think a lot of middle easterners would agree, as beheading was used as part of a justice system, not a group of radicals who use such tactics to get what they want. as for why some think their religion is the one everyone has to follow- it's part of the traditional way of thinking for many in that area, they are raised from youth to think that way, and some never learn differently. and then. of course, there are those who are willing to follow any crusade, be it justified/humane or not. and it happens everywhere, that they are people who were raised to believe that their way is the only way, just in some areas people believe the 'only way' encourages the use of blood to achieve the ultimate goal...

ashuri2 said:
on the smae program i heard the other info, they said in some middle eastern cultures that beheading is perfectly acceptable (like an electric chair or something) and is even considered humane when done quickly and with a sharp sword. of course, most of the world doesn't see it that way, and i think a lot of middle easterners would agree, as beheading was used as part of a justice system, not a group of radicals who use such tactics to get what they want. as for why some think their religion is the one everyone has to follow- it's part of the traditional way of thinking for many in that area, they are raised from youth to think that way, and some never learn differently. and then. of course, there are those who are willing to follow any crusade, be it justified/humane or not. and it happens everywhere, that they are people who were raised to believe that their way is the only way, just in some areas people believe the 'only way' encourages the use of blood to achieve the ultimate goal...

Not to lighten the issue at hand, but I heard that beheading is one of the more merciful ways of executing people. The pain is minimal and the brain immediately goes into shock (after a few seconds...though some observers have said that the head can still be conscious for up to twenty seconds).

I'll be pretty pissed off too if some foreign invader suddenly came in one day without any real reason to invade and started shooting and bombing my fellow citizens. They are terrorists and that is another reason why they are beheading people. They want to instill terror into the hearts of people and it looks like the beheading is doing that. You have to remember though that the Americans and other military forces there have killed civilians and all deaths are tragic, regardless of how they died - being beheaded by Iraqis or accidentally having a bullet from the M16 of a "peace keeper" pass through your head.

Golgo_13 said:

Excuse the pun.

But they're the only ones right now who are beheading hostages and videotaping for the viewing pleasure of the whole world.

hi everybody ...
well about the beheadings... so horrible and unacceptable ...

five guerillas from felluce said that jordan terrorist Ebu Musab el-Zarkavi was not at felluce...(us held operations still goes on to catch zarkavi)

by the way those fighters indicates that there was no link between terrorist zarkavi and felluce rebels...

ref:26-6-2004 hurriyet (daily)

by the way us enjoys the beheadings ... they got their lord of flies...
more beheadings will give born to new reasons to play dirty business on iraq...

turkish newspapers just released news about israeli commandos training kurdis commandos and holding operations both in iraq and iran...

it seems that the iraqi business will spread to all us...
great middle eastern master design projects and ordinary middle easterners...much more soldiers and civilians to be killed ...happy petroleum business men and others............

Golgo_13 said:
Now we're gettin' somewhere. :beer: :D

That "pretty big reaction" was what I was trying to allude to with "real bullets" and "real bombs".

Right on, I guess I didn't quite take the meaning of your first post.

I am curious though about what kind of reaction would be possible. After the video of those contractors getting mutilated in Fallujah a few months back the administration ordered the marines to raid the town and capture those responsible. But all they were able to do was lay seige to the town and after a couple weeks of brutal fighting in wich hundred of Iraqis and a dozen US troops were killed they had to pull out and basically surrender control of the city to the insurgents. It was a disaster really, after threatening for weeks to invade the town unless they surrendered those responsible, the US was basically made to look completely impotent to most Iraqis when they had to turn over the town to an ex-republican guard general.

They'll probably want to avoid that kind of mistake in the future, so I guess they'll just be limited to dropping bombs on suspected hide outs from now on.

What about the countless beheadings of civilians caught in the midst of the various civil wars in the continent of Africa? Do they not exist, simply because the media doesnt cover them? Poppycock. They are still there, happening as we speak. In fact, the slave trade still exists in Africa, did you know that? Not like how it was 300 years ago, no, its actually 'evolved', if you can believe that. What are these slaves doing? Why, getting chocolate, for the Sn*ckers bars, and other such candies consumed by the rest of the world.
Isn't it on the cocoa plantations that this problem is most acute ? I don't particularly care for anything with cocoa extract as it is, so boycotting wouldn't be much of a problem....Not sure about the trade in illegal/blood diamonds, although before any international awareness resistance fighters in places like the Congo, Angola, Sierra Leone would basically act as racketeers, buy off large mining operations using the profits to fuel their civil war and of course terrorize the local population. Some governments (such as Zimbabwe? Botsawana) have cracked down and there are cease fires in these countries except for the Congo, but still how to tell whether the diamonds brought to market are legitimate or seriously tainted :? (Not that I would personally purchase a huge number either way....:p)

The countries with soldiers in Iraq have to resist these gruesome images and stick in there. If they withdraw, and the fanatics get what they want, then the deaths of people like Kim are pointless and humiliating. However, if they step up, and keep on pumping bullets and bombs into the ramshackle religious freaks, at least their deaths will be avenged.

To be honest I agree with Kilroy, what have we ever got out of the middle east? You don't see US/UK soldiers beheading people on TV do you. Incidents like this just go to show the inhumanity of the people we're fighting, they're dogs, nothing more.

This thread has been viewed 42121 times.

Back