Bosnians/ ethnic groups there

Post those maps.
The stuff about I2a2b is confidential information from another site but here is a starter from wikipedia that not all Albanian I2a is slavic. I wish I could share more.

I-L158

Haplogroup I-L158 (L158, L159.1/S169.1, M26) accounts for approximately 40% of all patrilines among the Sardinians.[8] It is also found at low to moderate frequency among populations of the Pyrenees (9.5% in Bortzerriak, Navarra; 9.7% in Chazetania, Aragon; 8% in Val d'Aran, Catalunya; 2.9% in Alt Urgell, Catalunya; and 8.1% in Baixa Cerdanya, Catalunya) and Iberia, and it has been found in 1.6% of a sample of Albanians living in the Republic of Macedonia[9] and 1.2% (3/257) of a sample of Czechs.[10] The age of YSTR variation for the M26 subclade has been calculated at 8.0±4.0 kya.[2]

The stuff about I2a2b is confidential information from another site but here is a starter from wikipedia that not all Albanian I2a is slavic. I wish I could share more.

I-L158

Haplogroup I-L158 (L158, L159.1/S169.1, M26) accounts for approximately 40% of all patrilines among the Sardinians.[8] It is also found at low to moderate frequency among populations of the Pyrenees (9.5% in Bortzerriak, Navarra; 9.7% in Chazetania, Aragon; 8% in Val d'Aran, Catalunya; 2.9% in Alt Urgell, Catalunya; and 8.1% in Baixa Cerdanya, Catalunya) and Iberia, and it has been found in 1.6% of a sample of Albanians living in the Republic of Macedonia[9] and 1.2% (3/257) of a sample of Czechs.[10] The age of YSTR variation for the M26 subclade has been calculated at 8.0±4.0 kya.[2]
Yes that's the Sardinian clade, in fact very weird, especially in the case of Czechs.

That's what I thought too for a while, but then I discovered that most of the 15% I2a in southern Albanians is I2a2b, a rare nordic/celtic Hg. So it seems they're not much slavic, but rather a bit "germanic". The devil is in the details...
Kamani! I have noticed that some southern Albanians resemble to some extent the Skots. I mean a tanned Scot. So it could be a strain of blood responsable for it. I don't have any real Dna training to analize the data. I am just trying to make an educated guess through merging the history and an amatorish analysis of DNA data. So, you could be right. The Celtic strain presence in Albanians was noted by british anthropologist of 19th centuary Edith Durham. She published he findings in her book "High Albania".

99% sure, but we need a published study for proof. The few published studies for south-albania are decieving because they say only I2a without going into subclades. I started looking at online maps of people who have shared their Haplogroup, and there is a strong I2a2b area between south-Albania/Macedonia/Northern Greece.
You know, it just came to my mind, Coon started to make sense too. He said that Dinarics are a hybrid of mediterranians and Celts. And y-dna is showing just that. Albanian Dinarics are E,J, mediterranian with I, R1b northern. Before Dna came to life I hated Coon. I thought we are a different European race. Obviusly he merits his PhD.

The Sardinian I Clade probably moved from the Balkans to Central Europe (near Czech Republic) and then to Iberia later to Sardinia, that's my hypothesis anyways.

That's what I thought too for a while, but then I discovered that most of the 15% I2a in southern Albanians is I2a2b, a rare nordic/celtic Hg. So it seems they're not much slavic, but rather a bit "germanic". The devil is in the details...

This is very wrong.
Big majority of Albanian I2a is the same one as in Macedonia, Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia.
And I belong to those which would call it the Slavic I2a.

bosna you are all over youtube spreading this rubbish,,you are not illyrian,you slavnic,the reason why the high population of you genetics thats no older than 2200bc is because the slavnic people came in huge wave to bosnia and herzgovinia.so its easy to take over a small population with slavnic genetics witch their was small tribes their,,igenea is not a good sample of creating a people,tell me how in hell did igenea a private own copany get hold of phenesians,illyrians,ancient greek,thracian,dacian etc how when not even oxford uni has?wake up to yourself.my tribe comes from herzgovinia highlands many many years ago an we have a totally difrent dna to you if its true we supposed to have ev-13 at 45.6 percent an thats kosova albanians whom also coem from hoti tribe of herzgoviniua,huge ammount of slavs invaded the small population of dalmatia coast an inland,,your genetics is a genetic drift from old i2 it again is no older than 2200bc your dna i2a2,is from i2a,i2b etc have you no read the genetic chart?i2a2 is not old..lol.

And here is some independent support for my theory. I happened to step-on it recently from: "Linking Italy and the Balkans. A Y-chromosome perspective from the Arbereshe of Calabria."

I-M170 is the most common Balkan haplogroup (Pericic et al. 2005a,b) and the second most frequent Arbereshe clade. Nevertheless, analysis of its network reveals unexpected results: most of the Arbereshe I-M170 haplotypes are not included in the Balkan cluster (Figure 3), but are located in the long branches containing mainly Italian chromosomes. Comparisons with literature data (Semino et al. 2000; Barac et al. 2003, Rootsi et al. 2004) show that the core haplotype of the Balkan cluster (16-14-15-13-31-24-11-11-13; locus order as above) is consistent with the almost Balkan exclusive I2a (formerly I1b) clade. The proposed interpretation of the Arbereshe as a proxy of the founder Albanian population leads us to hypothesize that the I2a clade was less common in the southern Balkans 500 years ago than nowadays. The very tight shape of the I2a cluster in the network suggests a very recent expansion of this haplogroup in the southern Balkans. Furthermore, I2a is still rare in

mountain populations such as the Albanians of Kosovo (Pericic et al. 2005a,b) and in a randomly selected Arbereshe sample from Rootsi et al. (2004).

The Arberesh are from South-Albania and the different I2a they're talking about is the celtic/Illyrian I2a2b. Arberesh have 23% I2a2b, probably the highest percentage in the world. That's very celtic/germanic to me.

you are not illyrian,you slavnic,the reason why the high population of you genetics thats no older than 2200bc

You talk about Slavs as if they are a single monolithic sub-race. Souths Slavs have far more I2 than other Slavs which reflects a different origin. South Slavs are also taller, darker, look "Dinaric", etc. Slavs are a cultural-linguistic cluster, and not a genetic one.

You talk about Slavs as if they are a single monolithic sub-race. Souths Slavs have far more I2 than other Slavs which reflects a different origin. South Slavs are also taller, darker, look "Dinaric", etc. Slavs are a cultural-linguistic cluster, and not a genetic one.
hey dont get e wrong the only record of south slavs are from 6thctry,,im 6ft, an catholic albanian,hey dont get me wrong their is illyrian in slavs,etc serbians as much as i hate it theyhave high percent of ev-13 at 27%,now im not saying im illyrian but it makes alot more sence,slavs midrated from behind carpathian mountains an to north,,my belives is bosnians of today may have been illyrians but not as much anymore because of the massive wave of slavnic migration,,at one point bosnians and albanians were very much related,,12 of bosnia is a not old it stems from the old i2a,i2b its a genetic drift like albanians of ev-13,ev is much older than i,,,

hey dont get e wrong the only record of south slavs are from 6thctry,,im 6ft, an catholic albanian,hey dont get me wrong their is illyrian in slavs,etc serbians as much as i hate it theyhave high percent of ev-13 at 27%,now im not saying im illyrian but it makes alot more sence,slavs midrated from behind carpathian mountains an to north,,my belives is bosnians of today may have been illyrians but not as much anymore because of the massive wave of slavnic migration,,at one point bosnians and albanians were very much related,,12 of bosnia is a not old it stems from the old i2a,i2b its a genetic drift like albanians of ev-13,ev is much older than i,,,

So you are basically saying that South Slavs are the same as other Slavs, except for some minor admixture with the local population. And the different ratio of I2 to R1a is just genetic drift? I don't know, other Slavs look way different than us. Way more round-headed, shorter, less hairy, less aggressive (from my person experience), etc.

If I2 did come with the Slavic migrations my guess would be that on their way to the West Balkans, they mixed with a I2 heavy population that was probably located where the old Cucuteni-Trypillian culture used to be. That would explain the tallness, hairiness, among other European Paleolithic traits. So then in the end, South Slavs would be a mix of Northern Slavs, East Balkan people, and West balkan people. With ancestry from the neolithic farmers, Indo-Europeans, and the paleolithic hunter-gatherers.

EDIT: btw I am not the only one to propose this theory. Some other forum members deserve credit for it.

So you are basically saying that South Slavs are the same as other Slavs, except for some minor admixture with the local population. And the different ratio of I2 to R1a is just genetic drift? I don't know, other Slavs look way different than us. Way more round-headed, shorter, less hairy, less aggressive (from my person experience), etc.

If I2 did come with the Slavic migrations my guess would be that on their way to the West Balkans, they mixed with a I2 heavy population that was probably located where the old Cucuteni-Trypillian culture used to be. That would explain the tallness, hairiness, among other European Paleolithic traits. So then in the end, South Slavs would be a mix of Northern Slavs, East Balkan people, and West balkan people. With ancestry from the neolithic farmers, Indo-Europeans, and the paleolithic hunter-gatherers.

EDIT: btw I am not the only one to propose this theory. Some other forum members deserve credit for it.

we do realise that the term Illyrian reflected the same terminology as british or iberian, that is, many tribes, many kings, many haplotypes and not all the same customs, cultures etc. ........it was a geographical term for a people.

there was 9 major tribes/confederation and 4 FTS types

we do realise that the term Illyrian reflected the same terminology as british or iberian, that is, many tribes, many kings, many haplotypes and not all the same customs, cultures etc. ........it was a geographical term for a people.

I never used the word "Illyrian" in my post.

EDIT: ah sorry, I thought u wrote "you do realize" at the beginning instead of "we do realize"

Ok think about this for me,,if my tribe came from herzgovinia highands an i speak gheg albanian an have alsways,then how come we have ev-13 an use have i2?if the ppulation of bosnia and croatia were always slavs then where is the people whom once lived their.since the genetics in bosnia and herzgovinia are so high then where did the old people of balkans go You cant preserve blood an not language that just doesnt work,when i see a herzgovinian i see albanian this is what is see, not all but some,,im hairy im tall an so are most northern albanians,,My cusin is a historian works in athens alot,he told me slavs migrated from behind carpathian mountains,,the genetics of balkans just doesnt make sense because the migration of others to balkans unless use all lived in tribes an shifted from the slav migration but i dont think that happen,,

TE=Templar;409659]So you are basically saying that South Slavs are the same as other Slavs, except for some minor admixture with the local population. And the different ratio of I2 to R1a is just genetic drift? I don't know, other Slavs look way different than us. Way more round-headed, shorter, less hairy, less aggressive (from my person experience), etc.

Lower Austria and Vienna, the northern parts on the Morava (March) and Thaya Rivers are part of the Czech Republic and Slovakia this is the birth of slavs.. Czech historian Safarik, All-Slavic Conference, Prague (Curta 2001,By about 1500 BC, the area of land which now corresponds with south-eastern Poland and north-eastern Ukraine became home of the early Slavic tribes, which are commonly known as the Proto-Slavs. Studies and excavations of this area of land, that could be called the 'Slavic Cradle', prove that the present day Slavs are the descendants of these tribes. The Proto-Slavic tribes dwelt in their homeland for many centuries, speaking one common language; which in time would produce the modern Slavic languages of today as well as extinct languages. taking into account the history of the various other peoples of Europe, based on historical evidence and observation, I believe that the physical appearance of Slavic peoples are generally discernible from non-Slavic peoples. For me there is a general 'Slavic look' as Slavs do share certain physical characteristics that are more common amongst Slavs more so than non-Slavs. For example if you were to place Slavic persons of any nation in a room full of non-Slavic European persons, you would have quite a good idea who was a Slav or non-Slav.The word 'Slav' or 'Slowianin' derives from the Slavic term for word; 'Slowo'. Thus, to the Slavs their name testified to their mastery over spoken words. It could be put as 'the ones we understand'. The Slavs called themselves 'Slovjeni' or 'Slaveni' do to the fact that their people 'understood' one another. Their neighbours to the west, in particular the Germans who spoke a different tongue, were not understood, and thus the Slavs came to call them 'Nijemcima' meaning mutes, dumb, speechless and silent. It could be put as 'the ones we do not understand'. The name has stood the test of time; Germans are still called 'Niemci' today by the Slavic peoples.One way of determining where the original homeland of the Slavs is to undertake linguistic palaeontology. Polish botanist J. Rostafinski for example, pushed linguistic evidence even further. He argued that the original homeland of the Slavs was devoid of beech, larch and yew trees, because in all Slavic languages, the words for those trees are all foreign loan words of Germanic origin. On the basis of distribution of those trees, Rostafinski was able to locate the ancestral homeland of the Slavs in the marshes along the Pripet River in Polesie, generally in the south-eastern Poland and north-eastern Ukraine area, as this area was devoid of such trees. Polish historian Jan Peisker, elaborated this view stating "the Slav was the son and product of the marsh" (Curta 2001, p. 8).

TE=Templar;409659]So you are basically saying that South Slavs are the same as other Slavs, except for some minor admixture with the local population. And the different ratio of I2 to R1a is just genetic drift? I don't know, other Slavs look way different than us. Way more round-headed, shorter, less hairy, less aggressive (from my person experience), etc.

Lower Austria and Vienna, the northern parts on the Morava (March) and Thaya Rivers are part of the Czech Republic and Slovakia this is the birth of slavs.. Czech historian Safarik, All-Slavic Conference, Prague (Curta 2001,By about 1500 BC, the area of land which now corresponds with south-eastern Poland and north-eastern Ukraine became home of the early Slavic tribes, which are commonly known as the Proto-Slavs. Studies and excavations of this area of land, that could be called the 'Slavic Cradle', prove that the present day Slavs are the descendants of these tribes. The Proto-Slavic tribes dwelt in their homeland for many centuries, speaking one common language; which in time would produce the modern Slavic languages of today as well as extinct languages. taking into account the history of the various other peoples of Europe, based on historical evidence and observation, I believe that the physical appearance of Slavic peoples are generally discernible from non-Slavic peoples. For me there is a general 'Slavic look' as Slavs do share certain physical characteristics that are more common amongst Slavs more so than non-Slavs. For example if you were to place Slavic persons of any nation in a room full of non-Slavic European persons, you would have quite a good idea who was a Slav or non-Slav.The word 'Slav' or 'Slowianin' derives from the Slavic term for word; 'Slowo'. Thus, to the Slavs their name testified to their mastery over spoken words. It could be put as 'the ones we understand'. The Slavs called themselves 'Slovjeni' or 'Slaveni' do to the fact that their people 'understood' one another. Their neighbours to the west, in particular the Germans who spoke a different tongue, were not understood, and thus the Slavs came to call them 'Nijemcima' meaning mutes, dumb, speechless and silent. It could be put as 'the ones we do not understand'. The name has stood the test of time; Germans are still called 'Niemci' today by the Slavic peoples.One way of determining where the original homeland of the Slavs is to undertake linguistic palaeontology. Polish botanist J. Rostafinski for example, pushed linguistic evidence even further. He argued that the original homeland of the Slavs was devoid of beech, larch and yew trees, because in all Slavic languages, the words for those trees are all foreign loan words of Germanic origin. On the basis of distribution of those trees, Rostafinski was able to locate the ancestral homeland of the Slavs in the marshes along the Pripet River in Polesie, generally in the south-eastern Poland and north-eastern Ukraine area, as this area was devoid of such trees. Polish historian Jan Peisker, elaborated this view stating "the Slav was the son and product of the marsh" (Curta 2001, p. 8).
The early Slavs who came south, had the skills needed to make these bronze plaques (pictured to the left) in the 6th and 5th centuries BC. Over the centuries however they merged with the native population and slowly lost their own identity, taking on the cultural characteristics of neighbouring peoples, such as the alphabet which they probably learned from the Estruscans. Because of this process of evolution, the Venedi grew increasingly differentiated from their north-eastern cousins, who also in their turn refined their skills in working materials, casting objects in metal for instance (1984, Quilici).The Great Slavic Mass-Migrations

In the 1st century (0-100 AD), the early Slavs were still situated around the 'Slavic Cradle', which now had expanded encompassing the Baltic to the Carpathians, as a result of the smaller, initial migrations from the Pripet Marshes. The Slavic word for glory; 'Slava' is originally a reference to the great and proud ancestral homeland. Indeed epic stories of the great mass-migration away from the Slavic cradle are embedded in the history and cultural heritage of the Slavs.this is not all,,if slavs were illyrians or bosnians etc then they would not speak cyrillic they would be speaking latin or latin influence,the illyrians of that area were latinised around the time of slavnic migration

The early Slavs who came south, had the skills needed to make these bronze plaques (pictured to the left) in the 6th and 5th centuries BC. Over the centuries however they merged with the native population and slowly lost their own identity, taking on the cultural characteristics of neighbouring peoples, such as the alphabet which they probably learned from the Estruscans. Because of this process of evolution, the Venedi grew increasingly differentiated from their north-eastern cousins, who also in their turn refined their skills in working materials, casting objects in metal for instance (1984, Quilici).The Great Slavic Mass-Migrations

In the 1st century (0-100 AD), the early Slavs were still situated around the 'Slavic Cradle', which now had expanded encompassing the Baltic to the Carpathians, as a result of the smaller, initial migrations from the Pripet Marshes. The Slavic word for glory; 'Slava' is originally a reference to the great and proud ancestral homeland. Indeed epic stories of the great mass-migration away from the Slavic cradle are embedded in the history and cultural heritage of the Slavs.this is not all,,if slavs were illyrians or bosnians etc then they would not speak cyrillic they would be speaking latin or latin influence,the illyrians of that area were latinised around the time of slavnic migration
Firstly, the migration was to the west, peacefully and quietly, tribe after tribe, occupying districts and regions the Germanic tribes (e.g. Vandals, Visigoths & Ostrogoths) deserted in order to attack the Roman Empire. The waves of nomadic barbarians, originating from central Asia such as the Huns, who arrived in 370 AD, then pushed the Slavs in all directions following their advance. As the Hun empire fell in 453 AD, there was a rush of Slavic migration to the south towards the Black Sea and the mouth of the river Danube. Slavic warbands and groups broke through many defences with weapons in hand, throughout the lower Danube in the outer regions of the Byzantine Empire reaching the Balkans. The first known recording of this Slavic mass migration was in the year 493 AD.In the 6th century, during the closing stages of the mass-migrations the Goth historian Jordanes and eyewitness wrote: "The Slavs are of one blood and live in three groups. The Venedic (West Slavs), Antic (East Slavs), and Sklavinian (South Slavs)" (2000, Pogonowski, p.19)."These are three great tribes of the same people."bare in mind Sklavinian is present scandavania.this is what a slovak histroian says The only Slavs that stayed put during the great mass-migrations are the Slovaks. This is the reason why they were, and indeed still are, situated almost in the centre of the Slavic cradle. Evidence of this fact can be seen in folkloristic studies. The Slovaks have no stories in their culture of their people shifting out of the ancestral homeland, unlike the Poles, Czechs and Croats etc. that have stories of such epic events.One example is Lech, Czech & Rus, which signifies the Slavic peoples migration away from the ancestral homeland. I must say don't dismiss legends as they can always be put in historical context, a certain chronological order in time and contain much factual information. Where not our Slavic forefathers trying to tell us something though the tales of migration they left behind for us? Also, it is said that one who speaks Slovakian, has the easiest time understanding the rest of the Slavic languages, as they are in the middle of the Slavic sea; one of the biggest 'human ethnographic seas', on the face of this earth.Evidence of the South Slavs, in particular the Croats migrating from the ancestral home in Poland to Dalmatia is also recorded in folk narratives, and also in historical fact. The folk narrative describes five Slavic brothers and two sisters that lead the Croats from the area around Kraków in Poland into the Balkans in the 7th century. Are these epic tales of heroic migrations a coincidence? Not according to historical fact. It is interesting to note that it is historical fact that the first kingdom of Croatia, White Croatia, was not situated in Dalmatia but in Poland, Bohemia and Slovakia with its capital being Kraków. Indeed White Croatian figures played a pivotal role in early history of the Polish and Bohemian kingdoms. Even the first canonised patron saint of Poland, St. Wojciech; 'Wojciech of the Slavs' was a White Croatian.[h=3]3.0 Selected Bibliography & References[/h]Barraclough, G. (ed) 1982, The Times Concise Atlas of World History, Angus & Robertson Publishers, London.

Curta, F. 2001, The Making of the Slavs: History and Archaeology of the Lower Danube Region c. 500 - 700, Cambridge Univerity Press, Cambridge.

Gasiorowski, P. 2002, Piotr Gasiorowski's Indo-European Page [On-line], Available: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/2190/Indo-European.html [2002, Apr. 8].

Gy, C.K. 2002, Central European Myths of Conquest [On-line], Available: http://www.hhrf.org/minoritiesresearch/mr05.htm [2002, Mar. 11].

Lukowski, J., Zawadzki, H. 2001, A Concise History of Poland, Cambridge Univerity Press, Cambridge.

Pogonowski, I.C. 2000, Poland: An Illustrated History, Hippocrene Books, New York.

Siuchninski, M. 1979, An Illustrated History of Poland, Interpress, Warsaw.

Szczytna, L. 2002, Notes on Polish History [On-line], Available: http://slavic.freeservers.com/Poland1.html [2002, Sep. 27].

Larousse Encyclopedia of Mythology 1959, Paul Hamlyn Limited, London.

The Slavs (video recording) 1984, ITC Entertainment, Directed by Folco Quilici.

2001, Early History of the Slavs [On-line], Available: http://www.campuslife.utoronto.ca/groups/csa/croatia/history/slavs.html [2001, Aug. 29].

2002, Indo-European Languages [On-line], Available: http://www.geocities.com/indoeurop/atree.html [2002, Apr. 4].

Ok think about this for me,,if my tribe came from herzgovinia highands an i speak gheg albanian an have alsways,then how come we have ev-13 an use have i2?if the ppulation of bosnia and croatia were always slavs then where is the people whom once lived their.since the genetics in bosnia and herzgovinia are so high then where did the old people of balkans go You cant preserve blood an not language that just doesnt work,when i see a herzgovinian i see albanian this is what is see, not all but some,,im hairy im tall an so are most northern albanians,,My cusin is a historian works in athens alot,he told me slavs migrated from behind carpathian mountains,,the genetics of balkans just doesnt make sense because the migration of others to balkans unless use all lived in tribes an shifted from the slav migration but i dont think that happen,,

None of the history excerpts that you pasted have anything to do with this. Your are saying that people in Herzegovina look the closest to Ghegs, but then how come people in Herzegovina have the highest rates of I2? The vast majority of Slavs in the world are R1a (ethnic Russians of which there are over 133 million in the world, ethnic Poles of which there are over 60 million in the world, etc), it is only a tiny fraction of Southern Slavs which are mostly I2: people in Dalmatia (population of around 900,000), Herzegovina (population of around 400,000), and mountainous parts of Bosnia (less than 3 million). Notice how the most isolated and mountainous parts are the ones with the highest rates of I2. The flat-lands to the North which were the most exposed to conquest are mostly R1a and R1B.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/R1A_map.jpg

This thread has been viewed 199930 times.

Back