New Archaiological discoverie in Makedonian tomps - off topic.

Religion was, and is, one of the defining elements of the Greek national self-consciousness and this is no different then say Spanish or Italians and Catholicism, or Turks and Islam, however to say that it is the only one for the Greek nation is incorrect. I would point out the reference for the definition of ethnicity for a more comprehensive view of what makes us Greek and to it I would in fact add "blood" as DNA results suggest that we are basically who we always have been, with some additions from other population groups along the way which is only natural:

"An ethnicity, or ethnic group, is a socially-defined category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural, or national experience.[1][2] Membership of an ethnic group tends to be defined by a shared cultural heritage, ancestry, myth of origins, history, homeland, language (dialect), or even ideology, and manifests itself through symbolic systems such as religion, mythology and ritual, cuisine, dressing style, physical appearance, etc."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group

Now, let us be clear, were they "Asiatic Christians" or "Turkish Christians" with the implication they were "Turks" as we keep hearing? What exactly constitutes an "Asiatic Christian"? It is a fact that Asia Minor had long established Greek communities which pre-date in some cases the conquests of Alexander the Great and maintained their continuity right up to the turn of the twentieth-century exchanges you mention just like there were Greeks in Bulgaria with that particular population exchange.

In regards to your questions the Turks were brought into the Balkans, initially in small numbers as mercenaries or allies, by the Byzantine rulers in the 14th century AD to aid in their civil wars or to be used against their other foreign enemies, such as the Western mercenary companies. Of course by then you realize they had taken pretty much all of Asia Minor, and with all the depredations against the Byzantines from all sides and inside, they could hardly be too picky of where they looked for trained warriors at the time. As for Kosovo and the later resistance to the Ottomans, well did it occur to you by then the Greeks were already pretty much broken and subdued, barely hanging on for existence. Who after all had been fighting against the Turks, from the Seljuks on, for longer, or with more land, economic, material and population losses? By the time of the defence of Constantinople itself how many soldiers do you think the Greeks could, or did field? Prior to this, the Turks sent multiple huge raiding armies into Thessaly, Attica, and the Peloponnesus (Morea) to pillage, plunder and devastate Greece and soften up their southern flank while the marched on their conquests in the Balkans. Look up Turahan Bey for that. Later on, let us not forget the Turkish use of the Albanian bands to keep Greece subdued.

You may look up the Morosini-led Morean War or the Orlov Revolt and the correspondence of the Greeks with those leaders in regards to your interest in early Greek attempts for cooperation with anti-Ottoman forces, or liberation. Of course there is also the somewhat famous one of 1821.

As I mentioned before, isn't this attempt at all this deflection with Greeks really a way to cover up certain other insecurities, your mass-collaborationism being a big one perhaps?

When we speak about ethnos, are two things :
Language
National conscience
The chief authority was conceded to the Albanian shipowners; George Konduriottes of Hydra was elected president of Greece, and Botasses of Spetzas vice-president…..The Greeks are the most prejudived of all Europeans when there is a question of the purity of the Hellenic race, and no people regards education with more favour; yet with all this nationality and pedantry they intrusted their public affairs, in a period of great difficulty, to two men who could not address them in the Greek language. (George Finlay, History of the Greek Revolution)

Language lesson 1
TURKISH ENGLISH GREEK det Custom Adeti Afaroz Excommunicate Aforismos Aga Land owner Agas Ahmak Idiot Ahmakis Ahtapot Octopus Htapodi Alan Area, ground Alana Alarga Open sea, distant Alarga Aman For mercy's sake Aman Anadolu Anatolia (East in Greek) Anatoli Ananas Pineapple Ananas Anason Aniseed Anithos Anfora Anchor Amphoreus Angarya Forced labor Angaria Aptal Stupid Abdalis Apukurya Carnival Apokria Arap Negro, bogyman Arapis Arnavut Albanian Arnautis Asik Someone in love Asikis Atlet Athlete Athlitis Avanak Gullible, stupid Avanakis Ayran A drink Ariani

Shit we are only in the "A" section.

The kettle calling the pot black yet again:

Karaaaç explains that there are approximately 3000 Turkish words in Greek at his study of "Dictionary of Turkish Words in Other Languages (Türkçe Verintiler Sözlüü)”. (Karaaaç, 2008:LXIV). According to the researchers working on the Turkish words in Greek, these numbers ranged from 1500-3000. According to Karaaaç, the presence of Turkish words in Greek is 3000 in the study of Kukkidis in 1960. This number is 1968 in the study of Georgidas in 1974. There are Turkish words in “Etymological Dictionary of Giagkoullis” in 1994. (Karaaaç, 2008:LXIV)
Exchanging the word was not unilateral. At the same time, Turkish also transferred Greek words. According to Karaaaç, the number of these words are 900 in Konstantinos’s study in 1960 and this number is 597 in Tzitzilis's book published in 1987. (Karaaaç, 2008:LXIII)
There are also many Turkish words in Albanian which affected by Turkish. According to Dizdari, the number of these words is 4406. (Dizdari, 2005:4)

http://www.mcser.org/journal/index.php/jesr/article/viewFile/2833/2795

Of course we took some vocabulary after 400 odd years, after your 500 odd years you took their words and their religion too.

OPAAAHHHHH
the liberators of Greece…..Nine or ten of them performed the Albanian national dance, to the sound of a bad fiddle and a little jingling guitar played with a quill, for the amusement of her Majesty, who did not seem enchanted with this exhibition….these men, who were exposing themselves in this absurd manner, were the far-famed Colocotroni, Nikitas, surnamed the Turkophagos, or Turk-eater, Makryani, Vasso of Montenegro, Kota Botzaris,, and others equally celebrated…….this was merely the dance of the Albanians, a totally distinct race of men from the Greeks. (Blackwood’s Magazine, XLIII)
Embrace your shqiptari national conscience.

When we speak about ethnos, are two things :
Language
National conscience
The chief authority was conceded to the Albanian shipowners; George Konduriottes of Hydra was elected president of Greece, and Botasses of Spetzas vice-president…..The Greeks are the most prejudived of all Europeans when there is a question of the purity of the Hellenic race, and no people regards education with more favour; yet with all this nationality and pedantry they intrusted their public affairs, in a period of great difficulty, to two men who could not address them in the Greek language. (George Finlay, History of the Greek Revolution)

Well, I don't think you are qualified to tell us what constitutes ethnos, but in "national conscience" a great Greek Arvanite hero who fought for the liberty of Greece, as many Arvanites did, for Greece of course, not for Albania and often against Albanians. As for language, my preferred language is English, but I am not an Englishman...

Αll together now to the chit chat room
To speak about diary and how to get your self free with fresh mouthfull chunks of greek white feta jizz,
@Bardyll, Where did you find this fancy uniform? It is feta jizz money from Amsterdam?

(!)The foto with the happy soldier occupy my territorial state of origin, Achelloos valley/Agrafa. The place you are pointing it is and it was always Greece and it will always be Hellas. ( not illyrian, check your patriot Aristo.)
"...αυτή δ' 'εστίν η περί Δωδώνην και Άχελλώο [...]ώκουν γάρ οί Σελλοί ενταύθα και οι καλούμενοι τότε μέν Γραικοί,νυν δε Έλληνες

Aristotle(Μετεωρ 352b)

Αll together now to the chit chat room
To speak about diary and how to get your self free with fresh mouthfull chunks of greek white feta jizz,
@Bardyll, Where did you find this fancy uniform? It is feta jizz money from Amsterdam?

(!)The foto with the happy soldier occupy my territorial state of origin, Achelloos valley/Agrafa. The place you are pointing it is and it was always Greece and it will always be Hellas. ( not illyrian, check your patriot Aristo.)
"...αυτή δ' 'εστίν η περί Δωδώνην και Άχελλώο [...]ώκουν γάρ οί Σελλοί ενταύθα και οι καλούμενοι τότε μέν Γραικοί,νυν δε Έλληνες

Aristotle(Μετεωρ 352b)

Did you like the feta jiz from the mountains of Laberia ?
It's bio.

Language lesson 1
TURKISH ENGLISH GREEK det Custom Adeti Afaroz Excommunicate Aforismos Aga Land owner Agas Ahmak Idiot Ahmakis Ahtapot Octopus Htapodi Alan Area, ground Alana Alarga Open sea, distant Alarga Aman For mercy's sake Aman Anadolu Anatolia (East in Greek) Anatoli Ananas Pineapple Ananas Anason Aniseed Anithos Anfora Anchor Amphoreus Angarya Forced labor Angaria Aptal Stupid Abdalis Apukurya Carnival Apokria Arap Negro, bogyman Arapis Arnavut Albanian Arnautis Asik Someone in love Asikis Atlet Athlete Athlitis Avanak Gullible, stupid Avanakis Ayran A drink Ariani

Shit we are only in the "A" section.

you tell us nothing

go to E

economy οικονομια
ecology οικολογια

go to c
Cholesterol χοληστερινη

many greek word where exported from Antique to Europe,
and many words Turks took loan to fullfill their vocabulary,
and many words Greeks took from Ottomans due to occupation and rulling system, like kitap kiofte

besides if I open the lexicon all over the world what I see

computer κομπιουτερ etc etc
potatto παταττα,
coffee καφε
ball μπαλλα
chocolate σοκολατα instead of κακαογαλον
Laptop in Greek φορητος ηλεκτρονικος υπολογιστης, (1 hour to say) so adopt term Laptop

How you call in everyday Albanian computer laptop tablet playstation internet etc?
kompjuter laptop tablete playstation ....

you see world is accepting foreign words many times.
for example the Ottoman's kitap (notorius pappers of ownership) enter cause Ottoman's were authorities, and Lingua franca was Turkish, so the word χρυσοβουλον forgot,
but replaced after with word συμβολαιον, although the word kitap is used by olders cause not even 100 years past from liberation of Makedonia.

Well, I don't think you are qualified to tell us what constitutes ethnos, but in "national conscience" a great Greek Arvanite hero who fought for the liberty of Greece, as many Arvanites did, for Greece of course, not for Albania and often against Albanians. As for language, my preferred language is English, but I am not an Englishman...

There is not evidence that Arvanites and Albanians fought each other. Arvanites fought the war of independence not necessarily for the love of Greece, but mainly for the orthodoxy.
It should be said that there were some Arvanites who were feeling Greek since the earliest wave of Arvanites is 11th century, so hey had lost the memory of the old country.
But it is well known that 7 years after Greece got independence there was a fight among Greeks. Half of Greeks wanted to rejoin Ottoman Turks because some of them were Muslim Greeks and others were traders that had lost there trade privileges they had under Ottomans. This uprising is well documented and king Otto is credited with putting it down. Had the pro Ottomans wan that battle Athens would be the capital of Turkey and todays Greeks would have been proud Turks. There was a strong bond between Turks and Greeks.

Florian .Do not forget Saracatsan blood, sperm, and diaries free Europe from Ottomans!!!

( continue from other story)
...and the Greek light, save the world again for another time! (y)

next episode:
Σαλαβάρδαλος the loonie Bard (singer) King, perform us the Drug Queen (=Γυνή;) Aleka.:wary2:

-Aleka vs Godjila and 7 nazi soldiers without pants.- :LOL:

Who is Nassau William Senior???
http://www.offalyhistory.com/article...862/Page1.html

unitedmacedoniamapimageqs9.jpg

The Historic Map of Greece, printed by the Greek Parliament, which includes parts of today's Albania and Turkey, and also prints several toponyms in today's Macedonia in Greek language.
greater-greece.jpg

The map is taken from a Greek irredentist site (enotitanpride.tripod.com/ellada), which claims all these territories as "Greek". The site, among other things, calls for war to "reunite" Macedonian southern provinces with Greece.

While the Greek government keeps talking about the "expansionist propaganda of Macedonia against Greece", no one bothers to discuss the way Greece threats territorial matters. The map, printed in 2000 by the Parliament, has a legen

-It was enough chit chat, for me, goodnight to all of you.@yetos παληκάρι μου!@Νικας Having hard times with your english! Happy!@Florobardyll, Florianopolis, for me you are greeks and allready some people of your families sing the greek anthem everyday to school.keep the map of greece.@Forum, I despise Golden dawn party and -isms. -You like greeks?«Αν δει κανείς τους Σαρακατσάνους να περιφέρονται σε μια επαρχιακή πόλη, ξαφνιάζεται από την κορμοστασιά, την υπερηφάνεια και την ευγένειά τους. Ο Σαρακατσάνος δεν φοβάται ν' ατενίσει τον ήλιο κατάματα. Ανάμεσα σ΄ αυτόν και τον κόσμο δεν υπάρχει αδιάβατο χάσμα. Γιατί οι Σαρακατσάνοι και γενικότερα οι ορεινοί υπεράσπισαν πάντα ηρωικά την ελευθερία και διαφύλαξαν τις τεράστιες πηγές της ανανέωσης και της δημιουργίας που χαρακτηρίζουν τους Ελληνες», έγραψε ο Γ. Καββαδίας. - See more at: http://sarakatsanoi.blogspot.gr/2009/09/1965-1991.html#sthash.wMUkskFK.dpuf

....... ok

goodnight everybody.

There is not evidence that Arvanites and Albanians fought each other. Arvanites fought the war of independence not necessarily for the love of Greece, but mainly for the orthodoxy.
It should be said that there were some Arvanites who were feeling Greek since the earliest wave of Arvanites is 11th century, so hey had lost the memory of the old country.
But it is well known that 7 years after Greece got independence there was a fight among Greeks. Half of Greeks wanted to rejoin Ottoman Turks because some of them were Muslim Greeks and others were traders that had lost there trade privileges they had under Ottomans. This uprising is well documented and king Otto is credited with putting it down. Had the pro Ottomans wan that battle Athens would be the capital of Turkey and todays Greeks would have been proud Turks. There was a strong bond between Turks and Greeks.

No? Ali Pasha and the Souliotes? For Orthodoxy? When Botsaris swore this in 1814 to the underground resistance group the Filiki Etairia was it to country or Orthodoxy?

bdf24371a4b63b6ea782ff9ca55ed2e8.jpg

"Last of all, I swear by Thee, my sacred and suffering Country,— I swear by thy long-endured tortures,— I swear by the bitter tears which for so many centuries have been shed by thy unhappy children, by my own tears which I am pouring forth at this very moment,— I swear by the future liberty of my countrymen, that I consecrate myself wholly to thee; that hence forward thou shall be the cause and object of my thoughts, thy name the guide of my actions, and thy happiness the recompense of my labours.”

-Conclusion of the Great Oath of the Filiki

The Greeks "fought" for many reasons, but primarily politics and economics which is what is usually what is fought for. Landowning magnates who had different views on the future of the Greek policies fought the centralizing control of the nascent Greek state, exemplified by the assassination of the first Greek Prime Minister by the Maniots, not some overwhelming desire to rejoin the Ottoman Empire as you state.

I am sorry, but despite all your efforts we are quite comfortable being Greek, and comfortable with you being Albanian and this is my last post on this subject as I will now return to the thread topic of the exciting Macedonian Greek tomb finds in northern Greece, which of course have nothing to do with the posts you have hijacked the thread with.

Its not about hijacking the thread. Its about the historical truth. Greeks are taking credits for something that was not and its not theirs. This is my point of view.
There are other people in the region who dispute the tale of Macedonians being Greek also.
The reason that scholars do not interfere with the ongoing disputes is because it really does not matter what ethnicity Macedonians were. Some people like me do care and this will be challenged anywhere we can.

Its not about hijacking the thread. Its about the historical truth. Greeks are taking credits for something that was not and its not theirs. This is my point of view.
There are other people in the region who dispute the tale of Macedonians being Greek also.
The reason that scholars do not interfere with the ongoing disputes is because it really does not matter what ethnicity Macedonians were. Some people like me do care and this will be challenged anywhere we can.

Well, ok then, however dispute does not equate with acceptance and not every theory has an equal weighting. As I alluded too in an earlier post, there is an uneven balance of evidence between what I believe is your theory of the Macedonians being Illyrians versus what is the general academic consensus. Whereas "Greek" or not "Greek" may be in contention, I would be happy to explore a recognized authority that claims they are strictly-speaking Illyrian (and thus by extension "Albanian") published in the last 40 or so odd-years. If I have misunderstood your position I apologize but I believe that is your line of thought. In any case, I think the further findings from the Amphipolis tomb will allow us to further expand on this without needing to deviate from the topic at hand, but I would not hold your breath for some earth-shattering revelations outside what is already pretty well established about the Macedonians...

Florian .Do not forget Saracatsan blood, sperm, and diaries free Europe from Ottomans!!!

( continue from other story)
...and the Greek light, save the world again for another time! (y)

next episode:
Σαλαβάρδαλος the loonie Bard (singer) King, perform us the Drug Queen (=Γυνή;) Aleka.:wary2:

-Aleka vs Godjila and 7 nazi soldiers without pants.- :LOL:

ti les re trelle,

It was Aoratos Arxh ΑΟΡΑΤΟΣ ΑΡΧΗ.
neither sarakatsans neither moraites neither arbanites neither cretans neither makedones neither aromani vlachs neither pontioi etc etc
even the times of war many times we kept our other face, the misery, we split to english russians etc etc like today.
we had lamogia even that time, yet the will of some and the spirit of others manage to do the miracle.
the problem is that we build modern greece in the spirit of equality cause every body gave a small piece of his soul,
alla dosame dikaioma pshfoy kai sta lamogia, apo tous toyrkoys apallaghkame, oxi omos apo ta lamogia,
As einai. toylaxiston sta paidia mas tha leme istories sta Ellhnika, esto kai sto thrakiotiko idioma.

A little gift fot our greek friends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1RwjEtc7Vk
The song speak about this man :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Çerçiz_Topulli
and his friends:
On 25 February 1908, Çerçiz and his followers had assassinated the Turkish Binbaşı of Gjirokastër,[4][5] who had brutally suppressed those Albanians working for Albanian political ends. Five of them, including Çerçiz Topulli, then fled to Mashkullorë, a village near the town of Gjirokastër.
On March 18 they were surrounded in Mashkullorë by Turkish forces from Ioanina.[4] The Ottoman force of 150 troops vastly outnumbered Çerçiz's Kachak.[3] However, Topulli and his fighters managed to keep the Turks at bay from dawn until dusk and then fled into the mountains, an event which was later celebrated in folk ballads.[3]
But the curiosity is that singer is from Greek minority in south albania, named Irini Qiriako. the song is in albanian.

Religion was, and is, one of the defining elements of the Greek national self-consciousness and this is no different then say Spanish or Italians and Catholicism, or Turks and Islam, however to say that it is the only one for the Greek nation is incorrect.

I don`t agree with you. The Italians are first Italian and after of course are catholics and latins. The Turks are first Turkish people not arabs.
Rigas Velestinlis was a Greek writer, political thinker and revolutionary, active in the Modern Greek Enlightenment, remembered as a Greek national hero, a victim of the Balkan uprising against the Ottoman Empire and a forerunner of the Greek War of Independence.
In the history of our countries we have such people who with their opinion later constitute the basis of political action in the movement for national liberation. So their opinion is the foundation of the nation.
Rigas Velestinlis was a vlach not a ethnic greek.
Rigas the Vlach defines who is a “Greek”, 1797!
9;3 RIGAS VELESTINLIS* THE NEW POLITICAL CONSTITU­TION OF THE INHABITANTS OF RUMELI, ASIA MINOR, THE ARCHIPELAGO. MOLDAVIA AND WALLACHIA <1797)
Concerning the Republic Article 1
The Greek Republic is one, for all that it contains within it different races and religions. It does not look on differences in worship with a hostile eye.

158 The Movement for Greek Independence 1770—1821
It is indivisible, for all that rivers and seas divide its provinces, which constitute a unitary, indissoluble body.

Concerning the Division of the People

Article 2
The Greek People, that is to say those people living in this Empire. without distinction of religion _or_languagc, is divided into primary assemblies in the districts, to put into practice its sovereign authority. That is to say they assemble in every province, to give their opinion on any problem.

Article 3
It is divided, for administrative convenience and so that justice shall be done everywhere in like manner, into provinces, districts and subdistricts. That is to say Thessaly is called a province. Magnesia (that is to say the villages of Volos) a district and subdistrict: the administration of Makrynitsa over twelve villages is a subdistrict.
Concerning the Class of Citizens Article 4
Every man born and inhabiting this Empire, of the age of 21, is a citizen.
Every foreigner, truly aged twenty-one, who has lived in this Empire for a year and who lives by his labour, is a citizen.
He who buys landed property is a citizen.
He who marries a Greek woman is a citizen.
He who takes an adopted child is a citizen.
He who speaks colloquial Greek or the ancient tongue and helps Greece, even if he lives in the Antipodes (for the Greek leaven has spread to the two hemispheres) is a Greek and a citizen.
He who is a Christian and does not speak colloquial or ancient Greek, but only assists Greece, is a citizen.
And finally every foreigner whom the government considers to be a worthy inhabitant of the Motherland, that is to say as a good craftsman, a diligent teacher, a worthy soldier, is received in the Motherland and can share equally in the rights which all citizens share.

The Influence of the French Revolution 159
A foreign philosopher or European technician, who has left his homeland and has come to live in Greece, with the object of passing on his wisdom or craft, is not only considered as a genuine citizen, but at public expense a marble statue with the emblems of his teaching or his art i» to be erected, and the wisest Greek scribe is to write his life.

Source: "The Movement for Greek Independence, 1770-1821: A Collection of Documents" by Richard Clogg, 1976.
In accordance with the philosophical opinion of this person and other Greek pesonalities was written the first constitution of the Greek State.
The 1st Constitution of the Greek State, in the year 1827.

4. Provinces of Greece are all those that were taken and will be taken by weapons against the Ottoman Dynasty.

6. Greeks are:
a. All those indigenous people of the Greek State who believe in Christ.
b. All those, believers in Christ, who under the Ottoman slavery, came or they will come to the Greek State to struggle or to reside in it.
e. All those aliens, who come and enrol as citizens.

I hope that you readers will understand that anyone could be a Greek, the rules for becoming a Greek was not that harsh, thus Greeks claiming a 4000 year old ancestry become quite ridiculous.

So the base of your nation is not the language or national coscince but the religion. Still today Greece in the passports of it`s citizens writes religious affiliation.
Based on this philosophy the Greek government in present day paid in the form of pension 350 EU in a month each month to aromanin people and gipsy to declare themeselfs like greek minority. Greece is now the most poor country in Europe, and we have seen in the TV scene where the rich Greek distributing food aid for poor people and greek government spent europian money for nationalist agenda.
Albania has a small minority greek. Why should the Greek government to pay for other ethnicities to declare themselves Greek?
The most important personalities of the Greek minority are these three man:
Anastas Angjeli
2801-Sekretar-i-komisionit-te-ekonomise-Anastas-Angjeli-Foto-Agim-Dobi2.jpg

Vangjel Dule
Dule.gif

Vangjel Tavo
53ce5a327e64f.jpg

While I was doing some research over some orthodox pages, I randomly found an interesting article.
Read the article

And this is the article:
The story of Ahmed the Greek
The article display the story of Ahmed, who was born in Afghanistan. He was involved in Taliban activities in his homeland. Our hero, Ahmed migrated on Athens and spoke Greek quite well. He wanted to convert himself on Christian and magically he found himself as being Greek.
Quote:
Former Taliban from Afghanistan Baptized on Mount Athos
AUGUST 18, 2013 BY FR. JOHN 7 COMMENTS
ahmed1.jpg

Former talibanAhmed was born and raised in a village in Afghanistan in the middle of war. His childhood memories are dust, poverty, and compulsory Islamic education in the sacred writings and war.
“I do not remember anymore who fought whom, however there was constant warfare.”
former-taliban.jpg

For years he worked for the Taliban doing various things. He was a fanatical Muslim who belonged to so-called radical Islam. At some point he could no longer bear this sort of life – misery, poverty, violence, pain, and death which he saw everywhere.
At 23 he journeyed through the impassable mountains into Pakistan and then to Iran. His only “passport” was the common language of Farsi.
He worked for two years there “without documents” and eventually arrived at the coast of Asia Minor in Turkey, which for him was the gate to the paradise of the West.
One winter evening nine years ago, with an inflatable that children play with on the beaches, two oars and four to five bottles of water, he along with a friend jumped into the sea across from Lesvos, which seemed so close.
120581.p.jpg

In his own words:
“The sea was pitch black, it was a moonless night in the winter and very windy. We did not know how to swim. The waves looked like mountains to us. Somewhere in the distance a red light was flashing. The boat was like a nutshell in the waves. I soon realized that the journey to paradise was neither near nor easy. After about ten hours we came to the steep coast with rocks. We were in despair because we did not know if we would be able to climb it, it was so sharp.
Eventually we climbed and came to an unpaved road. Before long we came to an elderly woman in black with a head-covering – we thought she was a Muslim – and with a child. My friend spoke a little English, but she nothing. With hand signals she showed us the way to a paved road and gave us a few coins, which we knew was all she had, in order to take the bus into the city. We arrived at the port and took the first ferry to Piraeus. At the door they caught us.
After three months in a small reception center for immigrants that had many people like us, they gave us a map and we drove to Athens. I learned Greek and worked various jobs until I found a regular job with a company that placed solar panels. They payed me well, they wrote me up with the Social Insurance Institute, and I did my papers to receive political asylum. I worked for the same company in Athens for six years.
All these years after work I would go to the outside of the churches in the beginning – something was pulling me there – and afterwards I began to enter within. I would become calm. As my Greek was getting better, I wanted to know more about Christ. I found a New Testament, however it was in a language I did not understand [Koine Greek]. Eventually I found a blue one in the Greek I had learned. I began to read it. I decided that I wanted to become a Christian. I left Athens when the company closed and went to the provinces to find various rural jobs. Eventually I found a small basement apartment in the city nearby. It had a beach. I like the beaches very much in Greece. Shortly before Pascha in 2013, I decided to ask to become a Christian.”
On Wednesday June 5th, in the evening, on Mid-Pentecost according to the Old Calendar, on the balcony of the Athonite Cell of Marouda over Karyes, looking towards the Skete of Saint Andrew and the endless blue Aegean, the same sea he crossed one night from the opposite direction, under a beautiful sky and brilliant sun, Ahmed became a Christian.

In fact, this is the traditional way of becoming Greek. One who embraces Orthodoxy is automatically Greek since that identity is construed on religious basis. Regardless of your ethnic origin, you are entitled as the heir of ancient Hellenes at the very moment you sign the contract of a identity which is so easily negotiable. At this basis Greece laid its foundations (The Constitution of 1830s). According to that logic, Ahmed the taliban is considered Greek and in the same token as Herodotus did with Alexander I (thousands of years ago), some pseudo-historians will muster a good deal of evidences to back up the claim of some archaic Hellenism in Afghanistan even among Talibans.

And this is the article:
The story of Ahmed the Greek
The article display the story of Ahmed, who was born in Afghanistan. He was involved in Taliban activities in his homeland. Our hero, Ahmed migrated on Athens and spoke Greek quite well. He wanted to convert himself on Christian and magically he found himself as being Greek.
Quote:
Former Taliban from Afghanistan Baptized on Mount Athos
AUGUST 18, 2013 BY FR. JOHN 7 COMMENTS
ahmed1.jpg

Former talibanAhmed was born and raised in a village in Afghanistan in the middle of war. His childhood memories are dust, poverty, and compulsory Islamic education in the sacred writings and war.
“I do not remember anymore who fought whom, however there was constant warfare.”
former-taliban.jpg

For years he worked for the Taliban doing various things. He was a fanatical Muslim who belonged to so-called radical Islam. At some point he could no longer bear this sort of life – misery, poverty, violence, pain, and death which he saw everywhere.
At 23 he journeyed through the impassable mountains into Pakistan and then to Iran. His only “passport” was the common language of Farsi.
He worked for two years there “without documents” and eventually arrived at the coast of Asia Minor in Turkey, which for him was the gate to the paradise of the West.
One winter evening nine years ago, with an inflatable that children play with on the beaches, two oars and four to five bottles of water, he along with a friend jumped into the sea across from Lesvos, which seemed so close.
120581.p.jpg

In his own words:
“The sea was pitch black, it was a moonless night in the winter and very windy. We did not know how to swim. The waves looked like mountains to us. Somewhere in the distance a red light was flashing. The boat was like a nutshell in the waves. I soon realized that the journey to paradise was neither near nor easy. After about ten hours we came to the steep coast with rocks. We were in despair because we did not know if we would be able to climb it, it was so sharp.
Eventually we climbed and came to an unpaved road. Before long we came to an elderly woman in black with a head-covering – we thought she was a Muslim – and with a child. My friend spoke a little English, but she nothing. With hand signals she showed us the way to a paved road and gave us a few coins, which we knew was all she had, in order to take the bus into the city. We arrived at the port and took the first ferry to Piraeus. At the door they caught us.
After three months in a small reception center for immigrants that had many people like us, they gave us a map and we drove to Athens. I learned Greek and worked various jobs until I found a regular job with a company that placed solar panels. They payed me well, they wrote me up with the Social Insurance Institute, and I did my papers to receive political asylum. I worked for the same company in Athens for six years.
All these years after work I would go to the outside of the churches in the beginning – something was pulling me there – and afterwards I began to enter within. I would become calm. As my Greek was getting better, I wanted to know more about Christ. I found a New Testament, however it was in a language I did not understand [Koine Greek]. Eventually I found a blue one in the Greek I had learned. I began to read it. I decided that I wanted to become a Christian. I left Athens when the company closed and went to the provinces to find various rural jobs. Eventually I found a small basement apartment in the city nearby. It had a beach. I like the beaches very much in Greece. Shortly before Pascha in 2013, I decided to ask to become a Christian.”
On Wednesday June 5th, in the evening, on Mid-Pentecost according to the Old Calendar, on the balcony of the Athonite Cell of Marouda over Karyes, looking towards the Skete of Saint Andrew and the endless blue Aegean, the same sea he crossed one night from the opposite direction, under a beautiful sky and brilliant sun, Ahmed became a Christian.

In fact, this is the traditional way of becoming Greek. One who embraces Orthodoxy is automatically Greek since that identity is construed on religious basis. Regardless of your ethnic origin, you are entitled as the heir of ancient Hellenes at the very moment you sign the contract of a identity which is so easily negotiable. At this basis Greece laid its foundations (The Constitution of 1830s). According to that logic, Ahmed the taliban is considered Greek and in the same token as Herodotus did with Alexander I (thousands of years ago), some pseudo-historians will muster a good deal of evidences to back up the claim of some archaic Hellenism in Afghanistan even among Talibans.
Hellen!
He will now be Hellen, the hear of Alexadro Megallos and Perikli!

This thread has been viewed 65921 times.

Back