I need help for results

N

Norditaliano

Hallo to all, sorry for my English.
I have done the test with Geno.
The results are 50% mediterranean, 31% northern Europe, 17% southwest Asia.
I'm Italian from the north east of Italy.
I need help for the results, thank you.

Your results are pretty typical for your location. Was your first reference population Tuscan? According to Natgeo the average Tuscan gets 54% Mediterranean, 17% Southwest Asian, and 28% Northern European.

The Mediterranean and Southwest Asian percentages reflect the farming influence from the Neolithic and the Northern European percentage reflects influences from settlers into Europe prior to farming.

Your results are pretty typical for your location. Was your first reference population Tuscan? According to Natgeo the average Tuscan gets 54% Mediterranean, 17% Southwest Asian, and 28% Northern European.

The Mediterranean and Southwest Asian percentages reflect the farming influence from the Neolithic and the Northern European percentage reflects influences from settlers into Europe prior to farming.

Thank you mwauthy, Geno has tell to me that the first reference population was Greek, but then I have read the others and Tuscan was the same results.

I would actually be quite surprised if someone from Northeastern Italy got results like these. Those are close to the results for Tuscans, but Northeastern Italians are quite different from Tuscans; they're even different from Northwestern Italians.

Would you please post a screen shot of your results? Thanks in advance.

Those posted by OP and commented by you are the results of the old Geno test. Is still avalaible?

There Russians get 18% Southwest Asian and 25% Mediterranean, Germans get 17% Southwest Asian and 36% Mediterranean, British get 17% Southwest Asian and 33% Mediterranean

These below are the reference populations of the current Geno test: Geno 2.0 Next Generation.

2FeOxxu.jpg

Strange that Greeks score higher Southern European (79) than Sardinians (76)

Those posted by OP and commented by you are the results of the old Geno test. Is still avalaible?

There Russians get 18% Southwest Asian and 25% Mediterranean, Germans get 17% Southwest Asian and 36% Mediterranean, British get 17% Southwest Asian and 33% Mediterranean

These below are the reference populations of the current Geno test: Geno 2.0 Next Generation.

2FeOxxu.jpg

Thanks for the information, Pax. I never took this test, so everything is second hand hearsay for me.

So, on the old Geno test Tuscans had the same amount of SW Asian as Germans and less than Russians? If that's the case, if Germans get 17% SW Asian on the old test, perhaps NE Italians would get around the same.

On the newer, and presumably improved test, the Tuscans are quite different from the mainland Greeks in having less Asia Minor, the same North African, and much more northern European ancestry, i.e. 31% to 7%, and more of the latter than Iberians as well: again, 31% to 7%. The North African is 9% not 2%.

These tests are all over the place, which is why I don't pay them too much mind.

I don't know if you've heard, but Sikelliot and Azzurro are still pushing their "significant", relatively "recent" Syrian, Lebanese, Carthaginian genetic input into Italians. Apparently, having that ancestry is like having cooties or something.

I guess they're not using this test as support! :) As I've often said, people like this will promote the tests that support their agenda, and ignore the others.

The funniest thing I heard is that part of their "proof" is based on the so called "Syrian" and Carthaginian emperors. Obviously none of these geniuses knows the first thing about how you got to be emperor. It was all about enlisting in the army, rising to the ranks, gaining the trust and loyalty of your multi-ethnic troops and then, at a moment of crisis, maneuvering that into the purple. It had no connection whatsoever to any folk migration to Italy. These emperors from later centuries sometimes barely set foot in mainland Italy. A few never went there at all.

What a bunch of ignoramuses.

@Davef,

Southern European is not the same as Anatolian farmer or even Chl. European.

Great example of a cross post, Pax. You took the words right out of my mouth! :)

Yes, odd that someone would be getting results from the old test at this late date.

Indeed, based on the results the OP posted, it is the old test, geno 1.0. They stopped selling it completely on November 21, 2016; however even before then, it would have been unusual to obtain that version since they had the other updated versions out way before that date. Now I believe they only sell the Helix version.

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/faq/?s=geno+1.0

Yes, odd that someone would be getting results from the old test at this late date.
It is certainly very peculiar.

I wonder what they mean by “Southern Europe” because there are Iberian, Italian, and other Mediterranean influences in France and Belgium. Yet I only received 3% Southern Europe on Natgeo Next Generation.

Indeed, based on the results the OP posted, it is the old test, geno 1.0. They stopped selling it completely on November 21, 2016; however even before then, it would have been hard to obtain that version since they had the other two updated versions out as well. Now I believe they only sell the Helix version.

Are they selling Helix in Europe too?

To whom doesn’t know: Helix for Greek and Tuscan ( I know you Know )
e55055a422c0d80f12e0ab6c98c5b53b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, Pax. I never took this test, so everything is second hand hearsay for me.

So, on the old Geno test Tuscans had the same amount of SW Asian as Germans and less than Russians? If that's the case, if Germans get 17% SW Asian on the old test, perhaps NE Italians would get around the same.

On the newer, and presumably improved test, the Tuscans are quite different from the mainland Greeks in having less Asia Minor, the same North African, and much more northern European ancestry, i.e. 31% to 7%, and more of the latter than Iberians as well: again, 31% to 7%. The North African is 9% not 2%.

These tests are all over the place, which is why I don't pay them too much mind.

I don't know if you've heard, but Sikelliot and Azzurro are still pushing their "significant", relatively "recent" Syrian, Lebanese, Carthaginian genetic input into Italians. Apparently, having that ancestry is like having cooties or something.

I guess they're not using this test as support! :) As I've often said, people like this will promote the tests that support their agenda, and ignore the others.

The funniest thing I heard is that part of their "proof" is based on the so called "Syrian" and Carthaginian emperors. Obviously none of these geniuses knows the first thing about how you got to be emperor. It was all about enlisting in the army, rising to the ranks, gaining the trust and loyalty of your multi-ethnic troops and then, at a moment of crisis, maneuvering that into the purple. It had no connection whatsoever to any folk migration to Italy. These emperors from later centuries sometimes barely set foot in mainland Italy. A few never went there at all.

What a bunch of ignoramuses.

@Davef,

Southern European is not the same as Anatolian farmer or even Chl. European.

If your going to talk bad about me at least use exactly what I said. Your changing and manipulating what I said.

When did I ever say having Levantine or East Mediterranean dna is like having the cooties or something? Get it through your THICK SKULL I AM NOT A NORDICIST, I am actually very dark for an Italian, growing up and to this day people often think i’m Arab or Latino. What pisses me off is people who test their dna act mortified when they get anything from the Middle East whether its autosomal or uniparental markers. The fact is there is recent dna from the Middle East in Southern whether people like it or not.

Lol are joking? I tested on Nat Geo myself, also my uncle and 2 friends on Nat Geo. This is where I scored 29% Asia Minor and you created a big stink because you thought I was lying about my result. Southern Italians score well over 20% Asia Minor on Nat Geo 2.0 Next.

Again shows you pick and choose what you want to say, I excluded the Carthigians from my point, and the Severan dynasty was in context to explain my point.

But hey what else can I expect from a Fetusa like yourself.

those tests do not look very accurate at all. Like how would a average french and Sardinian person (which is higher then Iberian??) would have North African in them. Iberian admixture for western and UK & Ireland is low (funny that my admixture looks very different from that), even the Tuscan one looks a little off.

Na i don't like Geno 2.0

I wonder what they mean by “Southern Europe” because there are Iberian, Italian, and other Mediterranean influences in France and Belgium. Yet I only received 3% Southern Europe on Natgeo Next Generation.

If a Gascon tested I'm sure he'd score a lot of Southern European, going by the academic analysis of that sample from southwestern France. I'm sure if they go one from Provence it would be about the same. I doubt even a pure French Canadian has the same genetics. From my understanding most of the settlers in New France were from northwestern France, so I would think they'd get a lot of English as well as French. Is that incorrect?

Plus, you have to understand how clusters work. Everything depends on where you put your centrums and what reference samples you use.

Indeed, based on the results the OP posted, it is the old test, geno 1.0. They stopped selling it completely on November 21, 2016; however even before then, it would have been unusual to obtain that version since they had the other updated versions out way before that date.

Indeed Jovialis, certainly very peculiar.

Now I believe they only sell the Helix version.

Are they selling Helix in Europe too?

To whom doesn’t know: Helix for Greek and Tuscan ( I know you Know )

It seems that Helix is only for US, while only Geno 2.0 Next Generation has the international delivery.

https://shop.nationalgeographic.com/category/genographic-2.0-kits

If your going to talk bad about me at least use exactly what I said. Your changing and manipulating what I said.

When did I ever say having Levantine or East Mediterranean dna is like having the cooties or something? Get it through your THICK SKULL I AM NOT A NORDICIST, I am actually very dark for an Italian, growing up and to this day people often think i’m Arab or Latino. What pisses me off is people who test their dna act mortified when they get anything from the Middle East whether its autosomal or uniparental markers. The fact is there is recent dna from the Middle East in Southern whether people like it or not.

Lol are joking? I tested on Nat Geo myself, also my uncle and 2 friends on Nat Geo. This is where I scored 29% Asia Minor and you created a big stink because you thought I was lying about my result. Southern Italians score well over 20% Asia Minor on Nat Geo 2.0 Next.

Again shows you pick and choose what you want to say, I excluded the Carthigians from my point, and the Severan dynasty was in context to explain my point.

But hey what else can I expect from a Fetusa like yourself.

I'm southern Italian, and I score 0% Asia minor according to their criteria.

Your results sound fake.

Z655c4o.png

Z655c4o.png

I'm southern Italian, and I score 0% Asia minor according to their criteria.

Your results sound fake.

Nat Geo Geno 2.0 is different than Helix, it’s equivalent to MyOrigins 1.0 on Ftdna.

Nat Geo Geno 2.0 is different than Helix, it’s equivalent to MyOrigins 1.0 on Ftdna.

What difference does it make when the fact remains that they have Asia minor as a component that they assign people?

What difference does it make when the fact remains that they have Asia minor as a component that they assign people?

They probably changed the reference or sample population for Asia Minor.

This thread has been viewed 24617 times.

Back