Sardinians: Phenotypical variation

Why is Georgewalley banned? Was he actually from Germany?

Why is Georgewalley banned? Was he actually from Germany?
He got an infraction for falsely claiming that the people in the photos he posted (they're deleted) were Sardinian, which got him enough points for a ban.

Don't agree at all:
the Sardinians (of old origin) are by far the darkest Italians as a whole, and in Europe there is a so high % of dark hues only in Southern Portugal and Cyprus; for bony parts they show some light heterogeneity, with some 'archaic' dolicho types of mesolithic mix (the most in the most 'archaic' region as a hazard) and some light 'brachycephalizing' component surely rather of 'alpine' type, at first sight -
don't rely on groups photos taken in a country during tours; only groups photos with genuine previous inhabitants can give us some clues -
I precise I have not agenda of any sort - but I saw so many pseudo-ethnic pictures on fora and blogs...
ATW as time runs the interregional differences tend to disappear more or less quickly, even in remote and poor regions.people move, the i,habitants of poor but beautiful regions goes to industrial suburbs (what a nice life!) and the rich ones live two lifes, one ot them in these precise poor beautiful regions: law of life???
You're usually very knowledgeable on the subject but I disagree with you because I've been there several times both for work and social events which come again from work.

They look like typical Italians and are not the darkest at all. What makes you think they're darker than Sicilians? Pictures and videos on internet?

What's supposed to be North Italian about her, the bleached blonde hair? :)
No, their last names (they are two different persons btw not one), North-Central Italy to be precise.. They were "soubrette" on TV or something like that some years ago

http://www.cinquantamila.it/storyTellerThread.php?threadId=FAGGIOLI Barbara

https://www.giornalettismo.com/arch...rcinelli-conferma-silvio-e-un-vero-figantropo

It was just an example, i don't want to invade their privacy...

Utilizzando Tapatalk

He got an infraction for falsely claiming that the people in the photos he posted (they're deleted) were Sardinian, which got him enough points for a ban.

Some people take anthrotardism very seriously.

Many of the Sardinians I know look more o less like the Bandit Graziano Mesina when he was young. Same skin tone as the majority of Central and South Italians.

image.jpg

mesina-corriere-della-sera.jpg

Gratzianu_Mesina.JPG

image.

The nose changed as he got older. (Strange)

————————-
Anthrotardism: Differentiating what groups of people look like? (Got to be French !) LoL

Some people take anthrotardism very seriously.

What we take seriously here is dishonesty and the deliberate posting of false material of any kind to support weird agendas of any kind. In the case of this late, unlamented poster, on another thread he had already posted a picture of a woman clearly identified as Iranian on the internet but whom he instead claimed was Italian. Perhaps he never heard of reverse image searches. :) He was warned about it.

Obviously, such a person's credibility is always going to be in question, an impeached witness, if you will. When he posted pictures here of so many atypical Sardinians I asked him three times for the urls to make sure they were indeed labeled as Sardinians. He refused.

Of course, he's probably still posting here under another name, but perhaps he's learned his lesson at least as to that specific type of behavior.

They could be Sardinians with Mainland Italian ancestry..it's not rare in Cagliari and in the other cities

Ex. both from Cagliari but with North Italian last names

http://i.res.24o.it/images2010/Sole...jpg?uuid=9a35c5b4-b158-11e1-95bc-d976fe0f466c

https://immagini.quotidiano.net/?ur...y_800/image.JPG&h=495&pos=top&w=626&mode=clip

Utilizzando Tapatalk

The pictures to me look like catalans
The North-italian might only be from Mussolini times , where some say 8000 (?!) veneti and friulani where "force" to move to Sardinia (Arborea, Terralba, Fertilia)

You're usually very knowledgeable on the subject but I disagree with you because I've been there several times both for work and social events which come again from work.

They look like typical Italians and are not the darkest at all. What makes you think they're darker than Sicilians? Pictures and videos on internet?

Not only pictures (sportmen with birthplace in Sardigna) but ancient anthropological works which seems senseful and personal (but limited in number: a bit more than 20) but all said the same thing: darkest Europeans with the ones I cited (some regions of Portugal and Cyprus);
Are you sure of you sight? I saw Sicilians and people of Basilicata too and have pictures too, and they are often dark but not so often dark than Sardinias; Central Italians, even Southcentral ones, have very more often 'chesnut' or 'brown' hair, and i don't speak of Venitians, Friulians and Trentino people, without mentioning Germanic North-Italians.

The pictures to me look like catalans
The North-italian might only be from Mussolini times , where some say 8000 (?!) veneti and friulani where "force" to move to Sardinia (Arborea, Terralba, Fertilia)

I think it's due by random immigration that has taken place over the centuries...for the same reason you can find people with Venetian or Piedmontese ancestry/surnames in Reggio Calabria, Palermo or Bari

It was just a joke, Cato.

Ok, n.2 is fake blond indeed

Utilizzando Tapatalk

No one takes those maps seriously only those who wants to believe those datas are legit when Sardinians clearly aren't dark neither in hair or pigmentation compared to other South Europeans even a blind can see this, but since most anthropology ie. skull measurement, skin and hair pigmentation were made to serve certain interests some of those data were fabricated to fit for certain agendas (mostly Eugenicist nonsense)

Modern genetic studies have proved that Sardinians are almost an entirely Early European Farmer derived population with little to no affinity to Steppe related people. In some ways they're similar to Basques who also seem to form a district cluster from the rest of modern Europeans, along with Saamis.

Sorry but your argumentation seems a bit "rubbish" to me; I'm tired by all these new attitudes concerning old anthropology; it's not all the anthropologists who have agenda; agenda left aside, there were good ones, middle level ones and bad ones, like everywhere everytime - people knows use tools, other don't know, it's like medecine doctors, all have the diplome, but it's not sufficient -
and when speaking of pigmentation I noticed people tend to confuse darkness or lightness maxima with dark or light hue frequencies; two close regions could present as a whole the same variants of pigmentation, BUT IN DIFFERENT PERCENTAGES! so "darker" or "lighter" when speaking of pops is a simplication (I make sometime it's true) and doesn't make the job for right comparisons. Just my point.
Nobody here (I hope) is saying Sardinians are not "good" or "true" Europeans, or are a kind of North-Africans crossed with melanodermic Africans...

I think random immigration that has taken place over the centuries...for the same reason you can find people with Venetian or Piedmontese ancestry in Reggio Calabria, Palermo or Bari

Ok, n.2 is fake blond indeed

Utilizzando Tapatalk

True. In principal towns are seen people less typical for origin, it's evident everywhere - in Sardinia, Cagliari people by instance are known by studies for being less typical than the most of the Island, no surprise, and I think (I don't remember exactly) their DNA haplo's are also more diverse -

Well, I think most Europeans are brown-haired with brown eyes, or not?
At least the Western Europeans.
And then there is a south-western clina that is increasing the frequency of depigmentation, although it is true that there are clear and dark in all parts of Europe, the frequency only varies by climate, which apparently in the north is very rainy, and the solar inclination that in the north there is less radiation, but nothing else, if someone thinks that he is superior to the others he is wrong, the supremacism for something as absurd as the weather and the solar inclination is nonsense.
Of course if someone is European, first, they are the Sardinians.

Not only pictures (sportmen with birthplace in Sardigna) but ancient anthropological works which seems senseful and personal (but limited in number: a bit more than 20) but all said the same thing: darkest Europeans with the ones I cited (some regions of Portugal and Cyprus);
Are you sure of you sight? I saw Sicilians and people of Basilicata too and have pictures too, and they are often dark but not so often dark than Sardinias; Central Italians, even Southcentral ones, have very more often 'chesnut' or 'brown' hair, and i don't speak of Venitians, Friulians and Trentino people, without mentioning Germanic North-Italians.
Both my eyes are at 100% still so don’t worry about that. Like I said, I deal with Sardinians daily and unless I have no personal experience/knowledge I don’t engage in any conversation throwing claims. I’ve met hundreds and seen thousands and that includes meeting them outside of Sardinia and in winter (less tan).

I am 100% sure Sardinians don’t even come close to Portuguese or Cypriots.

Sicily is big and diverse. Visit both regions since they’re some of the most beautiful places on earth and then decide for yourself.

I’ve read the same crap online for them and many other nations including my own (Albania) and believe me it’s so easy to fool someone even with 1000 pictures.

Perhaps what confuses you and others is the fact that Sardinians have less diversity appearance wise so the fact that you see more blonde Sicilians doesn’t mean they’re not darker on average. I’m not saying I’m 100% sure about Sicilians being darker but I’ve seen more “exotic”types there than in Sardinia.

This thread has been viewed 47990 times.

Back