Share Your IllustrativeDNA results Ancient and Modern

90% Welsh/Irish/English + 10% Scandinavian + West Russian/Finnish (varied ancestry tests)

Higher EEF from being Welsh I assume? - But also very Germanic :D Atypical southern Brit?

R-CTS4466 / MT: I1a1

90% Welsh/Irish/English + 10% Scandinavian + West Russian/Finnish (varied ancestry tests)

Higher EEF from being Welsh I assume? - But also very Germanic :D Atypical southern Brit?

R-CTS4466 / MT: I1a1
What does your Iron Age 2-way and 3-way look like? And medieval 2 and 3-way in mixed mode.

What does your Iron Age 2-way and 3-way look like? And medieval 2 and 3-way in mixed mode.
ILLUS 2W IA.png

Quite different/ More accurate to My heritage results though...

Quite different/ More accurate to My heritage results though...
My Heritage does not provide you with ancient ancestry or even genetical distance to closest modern population.

My Heritage does not provide you with ancient ancestry or even genetical distance to closest modern population.
I meant the iron age 3/2 way is similar to my heritage results... but What I uploaded was 23andMe

You can go ahead post your top ten 3-ways I don't care how many posts it takes haha.
You seem to have much more Germanic than I
My periodical looks a bit different compared to my mixed mode. Whats your top closest modern?
I haven't shared these with my merged files yet. I'll show my closest modern and periodical.

1712629408731.png

1712629951664.png

1712629988340.png

1712630052857.png

Attachments

• 1712629877548.png
    1712629877548.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 25
ILLUS closest modern.png

You can go ahead post your top ten 3-ways I don't care how many posts it takes haha.
You seem to have much more Germanic than I
My periodical looks a bit different compared to my mixed mode. Whats your top closest modern?
I haven't shared these with my merged files yet. I'll show my closest modern and periodical.

View attachment 15879
View attachment 15881
View attachment 15882
View attachment 15883

I couldn't look further away from an Icelander phenotypically lol... we look similar except I have curly black hair...
I suppose the paternal Irish heritage will be contributing to Norse like DNA as I only have 2 great-grandparents who are English - will post the top 10 three-ways below

I am curious as to the difference between the Medieval and Iron age for myself - The Medieval has a 10% Iberian component but Baltic+Eurasian for IA
What are your thoughts? :)

1Icelander2.267
2Norwegian2.329
3Norwegian (Bergen)2.379
4Orcadian2.449
5Scottish2.493
6Danish2.496
7Irish2.580
8English2.582
9Welsh2.771
10Dutch2.826
11Cornish2.888
12Swedish3.133
13Shetlander3.205
14Breton3.268
15German (Hamburg)3.470
16German4.007
17French Oïl (Pays de la Loire)4.358
18German (Bavaria)4.455
19Belgian4.498
20French Oïl (Ile-de-France)4.928
21French Oïl (Normandy)4.945
22German (Saxony)4.999
23French Oïl (Hauts-de-France)5.008
24Austrian5.273
25Alsatian (Alsace)5.275
26French Oïl (Grand Est)5.381
27Czech5.450
28Swiss (German)5.578
29French Oïl (Bourgogne-Franche-Comte)5.985
30Hungarian6.014
31French Occitan (Occitanie)6.087
32Slovak6.208
33Polish (Wielkopolska)6.371
34Slovene6.452
35French Occitan (Auvergne)6.480
36Croat6.626
37Swiss (French)6.893
38Polish6.907
39Ukrainian (Zakarpattia)7.119
40Ukrainian (Lviv)

Are you Italian also? (French south too I assume)
No Italian that I know of. My listed ethnic groups in my profile are based on DNA reports and known ancestry. I've made a family tree on Ancestry some branches go back to the early 1700s but most end at about my 2nd great grandparents. As for the French ancestry as far as I've seen my ancestors were from Pas de Calais. It's possible that further down the line some of them moved from the south. If I had more disposable income, I would hire a professional genealogist to fill in the gaps and perhaps go further back.
View attachment 15889

I couldn't look further away from an Icelander phenotypically lol... we look similar except I have curly black hair...
I suppose the paternal Irish heritage will be contributing to Norse like DNA as I only have 2 great-grandparents who are English - will post the top 10 three-ways below
I do know that Icelanders are not 100% Scandinavian. I think I read somewhere that they have around 30% admix from Ireland and Scotland due to the Scandinavian Vikings raiding those areas and taking wives from there to Iceland. I'm at a distance of 3.4 to Icelanders on Illustrativedna. In some 3-way combinations I get Icelander at 21%-26%.
I am curious as to the difference between the Medieval and Iron age for myself - The Medieval has a 10% Iberian component but Baltic+Eurasian for IA
What are your thoughts? :)
Not sure completely. My guess would be the IA Iberians don't fit with your genetics in combination with the genetics of the Medieval Northwest Europeans in the list for Medieval on Illustrativedna.

Pas De Calais must be etymologically the same as Gaul/ Pas De Gales: Wales... Interesting! Moved to USA I presume? must be tough to get info for you guys...

Yes this is what I assumed Re: Iceland, the women are Brythonic and the men Norse so probs why this result gets

No Italian that I know of. My listed ethnic groups in my profile are based on DNA reports and known ancestry. I've made a family tree on Ancestry some branches go back to the early 1700s but most end at about my 2nd great grandparents. As for the French ancestry as far as I've seen my ancestors were from Pas de Calais. It's possible that further down the line some of them moved from the south. If I had more disposable income, I would hire a professional genealogist to fill in the gaps and perhaps go further back.

I do know that Icelanders are not 100% Scandinavian. I think I read somewhere that they have around 30% admix from Ireland and Scotland due to the Scandinavian Vikings raiding those areas and taking wives from there to Iceland. I'm at a distance of 3.4 to Icelanders on Illustrativedna. In some 3-way combinations I get Icelander at 21%-26%.

Not sure completely. My guess would be the IA Iberians don't fit with your genetics in combination with the genetics of the Medieval Northwest Europeans in the list for Medieval on Illustrativedna.
Okay makes sense... Do you think this is just because of slightly raised EEF ancestry for the British average? 53.4%

I am a novice of course just looking for more insight on these outputs as I know they aren't to be taken so literally - I may do the 'Ancestry' test also for broader info as I have only done MH and 23andME

Have you done multiple?

Okay makes sense... Do you think this is just because of slightly raised EEF ancestry for the British average? 53.4%

I am a novice of course just looking for more insight on these outputs as I know they aren't to be taken so literally - I may do the 'Ancestry' test also for broader info as I have only done MH and 23andME

Have you done multiple?

Yes I've done multiple: Ancestry, MH, 23&Me v4, 23&Me v5 (new saliva sample and raw data). On DNAgenics I had all 4 files merged together and uploaded it to Illustrativedna. The results I've shown in the last few posts are from my merged file.

Don't know for sure. Could be the extra Anatolia Neolithic is being assigned as something from Iberia. If you get Italy too then that may be the explanation, or you have an Iberian ancestor. Just guesses.

Pas De Calais must be etymologically the same as Gaul/ Pas De Gales: Wales... Interesting! Moved to USA I presume? must be tough to get info for you guys...
Yep, great grandfather immigrated in early 1900s. Some of his other family came over too. The Belgian line came over in the 1870s; may have been French farmers moving to Belgium and living there for a while before the 1870s. My other great grandparents came from England (Stoke on Trent) and Scottish/Irish not far from Glasgow. Other lines come from Feil, Germany, Yorkshire England, earlier immigrants from England/Scotland/Ireland (Based on surnames and also with some being born in Ireland, England with records found on Ancestry etc) ... it gets pretty complicated. Like I mentioned I haven't found an Italian, Iberian or Near Eastern ancestor yet. Some of these 2-4% ancestries/admixes come from one ancestor 5-6 generations ago or multiple further back. At 6 generations that's 64 people. 1 out of the 64 ancestors one has to identify for that 2-4%

Yes I've done multiple: Ancestry, MH, 23&Me v4, 23&Me v5 (new saliva sample and raw data). On DNAgenics I had all 4 files merged together and uploaded it to Illustrativedna. The results I've shown in the last few posts are from my merged file.

Don't know for sure. Could be the extra Anatolia Neolithic is being assigned as something from Iberia. If you get Italy too then that may be the explanation, or you have an Iberian ancestor. Just guesses.

Yep, great grandfather immigrated in early 1900s. Some of his other family came over too. The Belgian line came over in the 1870s; may have been French farmers moving to Belgium and living there for a while before the 1870s. My other great grandparents came from England (Stoke on Trent) and Scottish/Irish not far from Glasgow. Other lines come from Feil, Germany, Yorkshire England, earlier immigrants from England/Scotland/Ireland (Based on surnames and also with some being born in Ireland, England with records found on Ancestry etc) ... it gets pretty complicated. Like I mentioned I haven't found an Italian, Iberian or Near Eastern ancestor yet. Some of these 2-4% ancestries/admixes come from one ancestor 5-6 generations ago or multiple further back. At 6 generations that's 64 people. 1 out of the 64 ancestors one has to identify for that 2-4%
It comes up as a mixture of Spanish+Italian and smaller amounts of Sardinian and Sicilian... also around 2% of Iranian/Caucasus in the IA period. I have a few great-grandads who did the milk run and my nan was part of an affair and judging by her looks is the culprit for the extra Anatolian DNA lmao... The neolithic breakdown showed about 44/45% Anatolian farmer

That makes sense about the French Belgian... Seems very likely though, There is clearly a seamless blend of gene flow from northern France to the Alps of Germano/Celtic to Ibero/Italic DNA so it's very likely 1 or 2 at least were ethnically Italian...

If you have Vahaduo go ahead and run this list. It's a neolithic list I put together that uses average coordinates. Turkey Barcin is a commonly used neolithic Anatolian sample used in other neolithic lists. Barcin has a bit of Natufian ancestry so If one has a little bit of Natufian one wouldn't know because the calculator will just assign Turkey Barcin.

Here's mine:

1712761118899.png

Attachments

• G25 avgd Neolithic list.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 26
NEOLITHIC.png
Illustrative dna neolithic.png

Hmmm yes, the Vahaduo does seem more usual for my location...

Your Natufian says more southern than France I suppose! Or are you Jewish at all, perhaps?

This thread has been viewed 10703 times.

Back