classify this gentleman.

johen

Elite member
Reaction score
640-ponta-06-inquam-photos-octav-ganea.jpg

South American?

A very mixed phenotype, apparently. Perhaps the very round face indicates some overweight, which makes classification difficult. The hair is very short too. I can't identify the type of hair. The nose looks from Southeast Asia. I confess my total inability to classify him. This is a difficult case. I'm curious to know the outcome :)

Maybe Turkish, or Turkic admixed?

I don't know about his family line, but it is possible he has the admixture from the point of history.

O.K. So if not Turkey maybe nearby in the Balkans? Bulgaria?

My second choice would have been Mexican if I'd put a second choice. It's the slightly "Mongoloid" eyes.

Turkmen tribespeople:
main-qimg-e8ee6f3389a4711718921814f0c2a708-c

Also a man with that "Turkic" look around the eyes and even the face shape and chin, but the rest of his face is different. Extraordinarily good looking, imo. Amazing what a few tweeks can do. :)

Burak-Ozcivit-2-1024x1024.jpg

My second guess would be Albanian/Montenegrin with some Turkic mixed in.

for me he has a bit of a greek vibe, nothing really turkic/turkish.

a greek vibe, Albanian/Montenegrin, Balkans? Bulgaria?. Now I can see a finish line.

I'm so sorry Johen. But I will steal in this game. In the absence of option I enlarged the image and saw twice the letter of the Bulgarian Cyrillic alphabet below.

BfYeNxu.jpg

I think he is Bulgarian.

Do not Russians use the same alphabet as a whole?
He could be member of kind of a Russia minority too, with 'med' + 'some taste of 'east-asian' and other bits of?...
Bulgarian could be correct too, even if very peculiar there. Not specially Greek.
I avow I'm rather puzzled. And smile can modify eyes, mouth, cheeks and even nose aspect.

I'm so sorry Johen. But I will steal in this game. In the absence of option I enlarged the image and saw twice the letter of the Bulgarian Cyrillic alphabet below.

BfYeNxu.jpg

I think he is Bulgarian.

He is not. But I don't know his real ethnicity b/c I posted it after I saw his picture at newspaper. Some member in this forum can surely helps us, who belongs to his country in Europe.

North America, Mexico maybe, Puerto Rico, maybe Moroccan. It is complicated, it can be a mixture that may seem like what it is not, but I have felt that I understand it.

A Jew from Israel

He is Victor Ponta (b. 20 September 1972, Bucharest), a Romanian politician. He is president of the Social Democratic Party (PSD). On 7 May 2012, he became Prime Minister of Romania.[1]. He resigned on 4 November 2015
He studied law in Bucharest, finishing in 1995. He is PSD's candidate for the Romanian presidential elections in 2014.
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Ponta

he isn't completely ethnic romanian though. his family originated in trieste. he has albanian and italian roots.

So he possesses a mixture of Southwest Asia, sometimes it is very difficult to differentiate a Turkish-Levantine from a Southeast Asian If there is mixture. In my case.

he isn't completely ethnic romanian though. his family originated in trieste. he has albanian and italian roots.

This is what Wiki says:
According to Ponta, his family, originally called Ponte, originated in Trieste, and reached Transylvania around the turn of the 20th century, in order to help build a road from Pecica to Nădlac commissioned by the Austro-Hungarian authorities.[2] Meanwhile, he has also claimed ancestry in the Albanian village of Moscopole,[3] and this has been described as Aromanian descent on the maternal side.[4]

So, the Italian part is perhaps a quarter, at the most one half?

I don't know about the Albanian side.

Be all that as it may, he doesn't at all look like a typical person from Trieste. A lot of them have so much Slavic in them that it's doubtful, imo, whether they're really "Italian" at all in terms of "ethnicity".

victor-ponta.jpg

The eyes, and particularly the nose, are "off". He's also too dark for someone from Trieste or Friuli-Venezia-Giulia in general. Even from old pictures where everyone looks darker you can see that.

The people of Trieste:
Giovanni Martilovich
Giovanni_Martinolich_%28prozio_scacchista_WEB.jpg

Alida Valli-my father thought she was gorgeous.
11554_av1_thumb.jpg

Lidia Bastianich, born Matticchio. Maybe the face shape, what you can discern if you ignore the added weight, chin, a bit of a flatter nose? Perhaps that's the Slavic influence?
images

Her son Joe...from Fordham prep
Bastianich,_Joseph.jpg

To restauranteur...

bigstock-LOS-ANGELES-AUGUST-Joe-B-19704254-Joe-Bastianich-400x600.jpg

That is what he claims, but a lot of times people are wrong.

I've seen Romanians that look like him. They're variable in phenotype. Like in many parts of Europe.

He sort of looks like a mestizo Mexican, or Puerto Rican if I didn't know any better. Especially the hair-line. I say that with confidence, considering I know many.

This thread has been viewed 13521 times.

Back