Results from 3 Different Companies Comparison

Ben1234

Reaction score
For some reason the AncestryDNA results don't match up with the other results. Do you think they are flawed?
Q5tlpPF.png

LbxymeD.png
(Raw AncestryDNA uploaded to MyHeritage)
o7wXfzN.png
(From MyHeritage spit kit)
ivhIRcK.jpg
(Geneplaza k29)

What is it that bothers you? Ancestry are pretty accurate and have an enormous database.

MH original spit test ain't that far off . It's been observed the companies ascribe some Scandinavian to Brits or North Germans and vice versa, or mess up French and German (again, I'd put more faith in Ancestry here).

Ancestry Raw data uploaded anywhere will be off (difference in number of snp's tested) etc.
Can't comment on K29.

And every company have different labels for the "ethnicities" and lumps them in different geographical regions ...

In my opinion the first two (Ancestry and MH) are pretty much identical.

I do agree that the Balkan on MH may be my polish coming through, but when that Balkan was split into Balkan and Greek, I find it hard to believe that's polish. Do you think that I may have a southern european great-grandparent? I've seen other british people's Geneplaza k29 results and none of them have the amount f southern euro as I do, I find it strange. What do you reckon?

Well some Poles do get bit of Balkan on some results. What I find really weird is the serious 14.6 % Sicilian (and at the same time no South Slavic or Greek-Albanian which would be typical for a Balkan guy).
You're Australian so a connection to any part of Europe is possible. I would check my matches (especially those of non-mixed origin). On Ancestry DNA it is somehow hard (they do not disclose their ancestors' birthplaces), I have not tested with MH and have no idea about their interface.

Well some Poles do get bit of Balkan on some results. What I find really weird is the serious 14.6 % Sicilian (and at the same time no South Slavic or Greek-Albanian which would be typical for a Balkan guy).
You're Australian so a connection to any part of Europe is possible. I would check my matches (especially those of non-mixed origin). On Ancestry DNA it is somehow hard (they do not disclose their ancestors' birthplaces), I have not tested with MH and have no idea about their interface.

I am not actually Australian, I moved from England when I was a kid and was told that I was just british with 1/8 polish. There has to be something else though. People usually guess that I am balkan (mix of eastern euro with southern euro) which is strange if I am 100% north/east european.

This thread has been viewed 4942 times.

Back