Food consumption in Finland Over Time

Wow, almost doubled.

In obesity case, Finland is one of the average country in EU
obese.jpg

In obesity case, Finland is one of the average country in EU
obese.jpg

In this graphic too, which is put out by the EU. What it also shows is the creep upwards, although the total amount of calories for Finland hasn't gone up that much in that period. I hate to say it, but maybe part of the reason is the importation of American "snack" foods. I don't know if they also have fast food outlets.

We go from being on the brink of actual hunger to obesity in a very short time span.

These Moldovans are so sickly skinny!

I never liked British cuisine, and now we know I had a good reason. ;)

What is this 29.5 spot on Spanish/French border?

Andorra, Fat friend of Turkey

In this graphic too, which is put out by the EU. What it also shows is the creep upwards, although the total amount of calories for Finland hasn't gone up that much in that period. I hate to say it, but maybe part of the reason is the importation of American "snack" foods. I don't know if they also have fast food outlets.

We go from being on the brink of actual hunger to obesity in a very short time span.

Sorry, guys, I forgot to post the graphic!

OECD-Health-Data-2011.png

In this one too Finland is in the middle. Since it compares to countries outside of Europe it doesn't show all the European countries, but they're listed in the Downey report.

@LeBrok,
I think Boreas is correct: That's Andorra, a part of Catalunya.

This is the food:
" Among Andorra’s specialties are trinxat -bacon cooked with potatoes and cabbage; escudella - a chicken stew with sausages and meatballs; tender dandelion salad; formatge de tupi -cheese fermented with garlic and brandy; and cunillo - rabbit cooked in a tomato sauce.

Andorra’s terrain is so inhospitable that virtually nothing grows in the country- all foodstuffs have to be imported."
http://journeymart.com/de/andorra/food.aspx

The food certainly sounds fatty enough, but not more so than Emilia or southern Germany, which also have robust people, but not, I think, to this extent. As it's an isolated region, maybe they're drifted for a "fat" gene.

As for England, I'm a bit of an anglophile when it comes to their culture, but not, alas, in terms of food. If I had to spend a lot of time in some provincial English town I would waste away to nothing; when I traveled there when I was young I burst into tears after a week of eating in "English" restaurants. I was one day away from going back to France when an Australian told us to eat in Indian or Chinese restaurants. I would think a lot of people do that nowadays, so I'm not sure why they have this degree of a problem with obesity. Perhaps they've imported lots of American snacks and fast food restaurants? Where I am in Florida we get a lot of British tourists who rave about the food, especially for their kids. It amazes me; I love South Florida, but it is decidedly not a good idea to feed your kids a steady diet of chicken fingers, fries, and hamburgers with cheese.

No one is as thin as the East Asians. Too thin, in my opinion. I don't find anything attractive about that body type.

Turkey is known for Kebap and UK for bacon, I love Turkish kebap and indeed I'm obese (95kg for 182cm)

This thread has been viewed 8510 times.

Back