What music are you listening to?

watch

The "Latin American" world the kings of rhythm.

Demis Roussos + Raffaella Carrà - La danza di Zorba

Devorame otra vez - Lalo Rodriguez

Tornerò - Santo California (Italian text, with many grammatical mistakes)

I ask the great philologists of this forum, because this great Greek singer sings in Spanish as if he had been born in Spain and other European nationalities who have spent their lives living in Spain never speak Spanish well?

You mean like the foreigners along the Costa del Sol? They don't spend quite their whole lives there surely? Even so, you'd think they would study it, but perhaps they don't need to as it's a tourist area?

Singers who have an "ear" for languages can sometimes fool you for the length of a song, but wouldn't be able to if they had a conversation with you. Others, for whatever reason, learn the language as well.

Laura Pausini sings in Spanish too, and seems to speak it pretty well from what I can tell, although you'd be a better judge than I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8KOzS8-wo

Laura Pausini sings very well (I've always liked the music she does) and also pronounces Spanish as if she were a native, the latter is not surprising since Spanish and Italian are Romance languages that come from Latin (although there are people who do this also put in doubt) and certainly very similar, but the Greek and Spanish because they sound so similar ?, Then there are people in Spain of other European nationalities who have been here for many years, interacting with us (I do not mean tourists) they do not finish pronouncing Spanish well.

Then what is known of the western Indo-European of the Iberian peninsula, preceded or at least different from the Celtic as the Lusitanian, is suspiciously very similar to the Italic languages, apart from the suspicions of Ligurians on the Mediterranean peninsular coasts.

Laura Pausini sings very well (I've always liked the music she does) and also pronounces Spanish as if she were a native, the latter is not surprising since Spanish and Italian are Romance languages that come from Latin (although there are people who do this also put in doubt) and certainly very similar, but the Greek and Spanish because they sound so similar ?, Then there are people in Spain of other European nationalities who have been here for many years, interacting with us (I do not mean tourists) they do not finish pronouncing Spanish well.

Yes, the fact that they're both Romance languages is part of it. However, she has a particularly good "ear" for languages, I think. I don't think Bocelli sounds quite as "Spanish".

I love this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lnl6hOmUw

It's almost impossible, in my experience, to completely lose an "English or American" accent when speaking Italian, or vice versa if the person learned the new language after about the age of 13 or 14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RGeTAkMHIM

Andrea Bocelli also sounds very Castilian, in general the Italians pronounce Spanish very well and apparently also Greek and I think both even after learning Spanish at maturity.

Andrea Bocelli also sounds very Castilian, in general the Italians pronounce Spanish very well and apparently also Greek and I think both even after learning Spanish at maturity.

my nephew studied Spanish philology
and last year at Castille

The problem with Spanish is the S->θ but only when the word has 2 ss
but mainly the G sound, words like manager

The Devil Went Down To Georgia

This thread has been viewed 1194187 times.

Back