Health New Coronavirus in China

Well, for me it's coming closer. Two women at my son's company have tested positive, and both their husbands are in the hospital and one is on a ventilator. He's only 40.

I don't know what other precautions we can take, other than what we're already doing.
40 year olds at the hospital? Any pre-existing conditions?

checking the worldometer stats

it looks like new cases in Italy peaked on 21 march
by next weekend most of those will get of their respirators
the worst should be over by then

Spain looks like lagging 5-7 days behind Italy

it looks like other countries in Europe are about to reach their peak

now it's awaiting when the peak will be in the US, but their should be statistics state by state

once the peak is over, I wonder how each country will handle the gradual untightening of the measures
zero-risk does not exist, unless you want to paralyse economics and social life forever
you need to find a balance, it's a much more dificult excercise than imposing the measures

China total deaths 3304, a completely unrelaible number
I hope however there won't be a resurge of the virus
that would mean doom

checking the worldometer stats

it looks like new cases in Italy peaked on 21 march
by next weekend most of those will get of their respirators
the worst should be over by then

Spain looks like lagging 5-7 days behind Italy

it looks like other countries in Europe are about to reach their peak

now it's awaiting when the peak will be in the US, but their should be statistics state by state

once the peak is over, I wonder how each country will handle the gradual untightening of the measures
zero-risk does not exist, unless you want to paralyse economics and social life forever
you need to find a balance, it's a much more dificult excercise than imposing the measures

China total deaths 3304, a completely unrelaible number
I hope however there won't be a resurge of the virus
that would mean doom

I will say up front "mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa", I know nothing about this Austrian News Source. However, it is reporting that Boris Johnson is flat out calling the Chinese Communist liars. Good for him. Further, it suggest that the UK will do a total reset on trade deals that have been done, here in the USA, and It appears the EU, that have resulted in the supply chains of fundamental key goods related to Health Care (medical equipment, supplies, pharmaceuticals) being controlled by China. He is one of the first word leaders, along with Trump, to call out the Chinese misinformation propaganda (Trump and the Chines Communist saying the USA Army unleashed it on China!!!) and now Johnson. I don't know much about Boris Johnson but I commend him for not bowing to the EU and UN Political Correctness Police and calling out Communist China, again, if this report is true.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...th-china-2020-3/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Well, for me it's coming closer. Two women at my son's company have tested positive, and both their husbands are in the hospital and one is on a ventilator. He's only 40.

I don't know what other precautions we can take, other than what we're already doing.

most 40 year old on a ventilator survive, but not all
he has a good chance, but keep fingers crossed

it's all very regional,
but here there is a bigger chance to die from boredom than dying from the virus

I'm not sure wheather this is a true story, but this man in Toledo Spain was also dying from boredom ..

https://bloomencer.com/animals/man-...id-being-fined-in-quarantine-for-coronavirus/

ETtGvYXXkAErKX1

Man Disguises Himself As Dog To Avoid Being Fined In Quarantine For Coronavirus

Let's say that you were the chief executive of a country and you had the hindsight from the lessons learned. What would you do? Here is what I would do:
0. Take the shit seriously. Hopefully you already had a plan, otherwise you're SOL.
1. Immediately ask the legislative branch for a large outlay of emergency money
2. Seal the borders immediately.
3. Construct isolation camps in tents or conscripted buildings/indoor stadiums
4. Anybody that came from suspected areas in the last 14 days will be put in these isolation camps
5. People that show heavy symptoms in one camp, light in another, asymptomatic in another
6. Test the hell of the asymptomatic ones until they either develop symptoms or can be cleared
7. If any have slipped in the general population identify them, contact trace them and put the in these isolation camps
8. Of course stockpile all necessary supplies beforehand but be ready to conscript industry to manufacture more

I think the biggest mistake that was made was thinking that isolating at home was enough. You bring the virus from the outside and you pretty much infect the whole household.

good idea,

Also add
-Fast Production of needed consumtion things, antiseptic, gloves, masks, parts or respirator and mechanical support of breath, open even new factories.
-Force Hotels to close, and usage oly for public needs like temporary hospitals, , quarded by police, and hold the required days quarantine of infected but not in bad health condition.
-Gather all homelles and secure them a room in a 'closed' hotel.
-comfort the prisons wich are heavily crowded,

these are needed to add at ou list

most 40 year old on a ventilator survive, but not all
he has a good chance, but keep fingers crossed

it's all very regional,
but here there is a bigger chance to die from boredom than dying from the virus

I like that, (y)
I am 36 hours closed at home,
and my almond and kiwi trees need care, :disappointed:
AND I NEED FRESH AIR, AND A CIGARETTE, SMELLING THE GRASS AND MUD OF EARTH :depressed:

Time for fun mixing topics (I need this).

Dear ones (King’s subjects). As the King's cousin (afterwards you tell the truth, maciamo, not now, please) and his rightful successor, I determine everyone to stay at home and do the quarantine. Whoever fails to comply with this determination, will lose his head in the guillotine with me. :grin::)(y)

WSrCmRq.jpg

Today it is snowing in half the country and in the other it is raining. I don't think I'm going out today. I feel like staying home.
en-que-ciudades-espana-nevara-en-las-proximas-horas-nevara-en-madrid-243511-1_768.jpeg

better snowing and inside than

80.jpg

40 year olds at the hospital? Any pre-existing conditions?

Both the husbands are in the hospital, the one in his fifties is in a regular bed for now, apparently, but the forty year old one is on the ventilator. Apparently, no prior health issues of which they were aware, other than allergies, and he smoked when he was young.

It happens, I guess.

After the fear of how they will fight it, the worst thing is that once they go into the hospital you can't see them at all and the staff, understandably enough, has no time to call. The anxiety must be unbearable.

The other four people in that department (and their families) are under strict quarantine for 2 weeks. Let's hope that's enough.

Woman has just found out in the news that on the 29th there is a time change

Jair Messias Bolsonaro likes to play with fire. He minimized the fires in the Amazon and now minimizes the SARS-Cov-2 which, in his view, it is a simple flu. He's BolsoNERO.

njxNYAB.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Both the husbands are in the hospital, the one in his fifties is in a regular bed for now, apparently, but the forty year old one is on the ventilator. Apparently, no prior health issues of which they were aware, other than allergies, and he smoked when he was young.

It happens, I guess.

After the fear of how they will fight it, the worst thing is that once they go into the hospital you can't see them at all and the staff, understandably enough, has no time to call. The anxiety must be unbearable.

The other four people in that department (and their families) are under strict quarantine for 2 weeks. Let's hope that's enough.

Are you staying away from your son or is that water under the bridge?

Are you staying away from your son or is that water under the bridge?

It's water under the bridge. He'd just moved back for a while to sort out a new living arrangement after a bad break up when this thing first started.

They won't test him because he has no symptoms and the women were on a separate floor. They haven't even said he should self-quarantine, but he's nervous for us.

It probably has to do with the fact that they're still ramping up on the number of test kits.

He has his own part of the house, with a separate entrance; it's really almost an apartment except that there's only a bar and microwave, no kitchen, so he's staying to himself. Of course, I'll bring food to the door. :)

If I were still a practicing Catholic, I'd say: God's will be done.

As it is, I'm trying not to think about the possibilities and stay as cheerful as possible.

It's water under the bridge. He'd just moved back for a while to sort out a new living arrangement after a bad break up when this thing first started.

They won't test him because he has no symptoms and the women were on a separate floor. They haven't even said he should self-quarantine, but he's nervous for us.

It probably has to do with the fact that they're still ramping up on the number of test kits.

He has his own part of the house, with a separate entrance; it's really almost an apartment except that there's only a bar and microwave, no kitchen, so he's staying to himself. Of course, I'll bring food to the door. :)

If I were still a practicing Catholic, I'd say: God's will be done.

As it is, I'm trying not to think about the possibilities and stay as cheerful as possible.

Angela, I hope that your son is not infected and all of this worrying is for nothing.

A very good article by the New York Times about the difficulties of ramping up manufacturing ventilators. Among them:
1. Is this going to be a sole source contract? Or other companies will be tasked
2. How many will they have to make? The more you make the more the fixed cost of setting an assembly line will be spread over and
the cheaper they will be
3. Who is going to pay for them? FEMA, states, hospitals
4. Where to source all of the 700 to 1500 components that have to come from a dozen different counties
5. Who will distribute them?

@Angela hope that you and your loved one are OK :)

Every afternoon the town calls with an update and every day the local corona cases go up, but they won’t tell us who they are or their street out of privacy and security concerns.

imho privacy related to a Pandemic is counterproductive.

i understand why, but we’re not wearing masks (they said the healthy shouldn’t)
and if they recently interacted with us, it’s possible that we got it too and we are spreading the virus around.

This thread has been viewed 690673 times.

Back