Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

@ salento

others which are zero away from me in ftdna are surnames
Scales .............South germany ( baden )
Atherholt ..........Cornwall
Di Chiara ...........Molise italy
Brennan ............York England
Gei ............Belluno Italy

do you have any of these ?

1 step away are ....see below
Hoff ....Bavarian
Fiedler ......north tyrol
Bowen......welsh
The spaniard from cuba who we chat with here
Perry the portuguese
Parker from England
Rossi from Grado friuli
and 3 x hill from darlington south carolina ...........IIRC , not related to Hill family above

@ salento

others which are zero away from me in ftdna are surnames
Scales .............South germany ( baden )
Atherholt ..........Cornwall
Di Chiara ...........Molise italy
Brennan ............York England
Gei ............Belluno Italy

do you have any of these ?

no, I have Redlich (maybe related to Reddick), Bridge, Safro, Lando, Epstein, Bezerra, ...

Last edited:
no, I have Redlich (maybe related to Reddick), Bridge, Safro, Lando, Epstein, Bezerra, ...

We have everthing different.. . There must be a lot of Z19945 out there

We have everthing different.. . There must be a lot of Z19945 out there

We Tested at different Y sites/level.

maybe you’re misinterpreting my matching level.

It doesn’t say that they’re Z19945.

I get nothing after the 12 Markers, even though I paid for 111.

A message said that people needed to accept some new terms for my new y111 test matches to show up.
I guess they haven’t done yet.

We Tested at different Y sites/level.

maybe you’re misinterpreting my matching level.

It doesn’t say that they’re Z19945.

I get nothing after the 12 Markers, even though I paid for 111.

A message said that people needed to accept some new terms for my new y111 test matches to show up.
I guess they haven’t done yet.

This is because ftdna seem to want to use branches that do not exist anywhere else

I recently got this message
Kit MK54443 has just joined the T Project with BigY pending,

a ftdna with starting letters MK means multi kit ( more than 1 sample )..................they are doing ( according to the ydna owners who posted me ) all of these T people...Curtiss is there and he is 4 generations split with Brooks
https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Freshour/default.aspx?section=yresults

all of these T people have Z19945 .............but I am unsure what they will give them as brooks was given a brand new snp lower than Z19945

@salento

Do you use in ftdna , their partners site , Geni
I do and get the following as the only T matches

A LeClaire family from Alsace and the Hoff family below .............the oldest in their detailed family tree

Anthonius Hoff
icn_world.gif

Birth: circa 1620
Heddesdorf, Koblenz, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Death: March 04, 1677

The autosomal links are less in people but seem to only concentrate only on closer "cousins" ............I have as a confirmed link a Lamia Poe ( seems like old Austrian Galicia area ) .....her line married one of my paternal relatives that moved to Morgano Veneto circa 1850

@salento

Do you use in ftdna , their partners site , Geni
I do and get the following as the only T matches

A LeClaire family from Alsace and the Hoff family below .............the oldest in their detailed family tree

Anthonius Hoff
icn_world.gif

Birth: circa 1620
Death: March 04, 1677

The autosomal links are less in people but seem to only concentrate only on closer "cousins" ............I have as a confirmed link a Lamia Poe ( seems like old Austrian Galicia area ) .....her line married one of my paternal relatives that moved to Morgano Veneto circa 1850

No, but I remember that one of my 23andme matches was a T-M70 (N. Frassanito), ...

maybe a Pugliese, his autosomal was similar to mine, and there’s a small Town in Salento with the same name.

It’s highly probable that T-M70 is not his final.

No, but I remember that one of my 23andme matches was a T-M70 (N. Frassanito), ...

maybe a Pugliese, his autosomal was similar to mine, and there’s a small Town in Salento with the same name.

Maybe you should try Geni at bottom of the ftdna page.....

not related to me.....he only sits with brooks and myself in yfull...........I am equally separated by these 2...........although brooks and the Belgium sample are 1 step from me in ftdna while the pole is no where to be seen

I placed the map because you presented it in the past and I thought he was linked to you

below is my map

I put their older surnames in blue

red = exact
orange = 1 step away

chit chats.....

petrov and Viselli ....zero
benedetto........originally from Pesaro moved to Friuli married a german and moved to apulia
Mozetti .....originally from trentino....moved to eastern friuli/slovenia
Wolff ........chatted with no results, he thinks they where always along the rhine or saarland
bernot......originally from Gorizia....moved to spanish Netherlands to make cannons for the spanish netherlands army

If you want the 4 americans......they are in 3 southern states ............surnames are hill, Jones and Reddick
1 x Reddick is a hessian original surname Radich .....blacksmith
2 x Jones = cornish/welsh origins and ancestor had slaves
3 x Hill = scottish origins .......raised horses for the confederates no slaves

I am missing from map for some reason ....Curtiss, Frush, Brooks, and the irish guy which was here not long ago , I think his surname was Walsh ( most of these are in yfull with me , but only brooks sits exactly with me )

more info on wolff line ..................came via Storo town in trentino
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storo
from Giovani Balduzzi and wife Maria Montovani ...................he is T ydna ( 1 step from me )..............surprising is I have a H95a mtdna close match with a montovani woman ..............I will send my montovani friend a message to check the mtdna side

Last edited:

you are right, he is

Anthonius Hoff, b. 1616 and d. 1677 T-CTS8862 ...............so far

Jack jones ..........zero step from myself .............T-CTS933 from surname Eberhardt in South Carolina circa 1700 ...............originally from Wuetenberg Germany

another is
surname Bowen ...........1 step from myself ........T-CTS8862 from surname Mancini from circa 1700 in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescosolido

I thought I mentioned the Gei family before..............oh well another contact yesterday .........from N.Gei 78 yo male ......fluent in Italian, Venetian and Austrian

Gei, Dall'Asta, Elle, Seitz ( a small list from Gei site ) ......................2 of these I have links, Gei in BDM records and Seitz in 3rd cousin 23andme match

In their tree they have two names which are linked to me......Frassetto and Puppato

also the Hintz line in the Gei family tree are from Padua province which is related to one of my paternal line that went to Morgano

All names above come from Belluno and Valle di Cadore areas of the Belluno province of Veneto region

others from southern Belluno province in town of Fonzaso which are linked to me are the
Toigo and Cemin families

As per seitz line above comes David Alexander Hill circa 1850 (North Carolina, Tennessee ) , zero step from myself, also attached to the same Seitz line .............T-CTS933

I do not match Patrick on FTDNA. I'd like to contact him but I guess there would be no other way besides plastering e-mail addresses all over the place.
Any suggestions?

So, are you the Walsh associated with the Teaford family .....who originally had surname Teifer from old "austrian " town of Wassersuppen , now in Czech lands named https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemanice

@ Salento

A new person in our new group in the T ftdna project

Henry Benningfield T-CTS8489

Also was in Virginia from circa 1700

origin suffolk England
Theopolis Benningfield: Arrival: Date unknown when he landed in America.
list of 1704 in Charles City Co., Va.
The family originates from the Manor of Bedingfield in Suffolk, England.

@ Salento
A new person in our new group in the T ftdna project
Henry Benningfield T-CTS8489
Also was in Virginia from circa 1700
origin suffolk England
Theopolis Benningfield: Arrival: Date unknown when he landed in America.
list of 1704 in Charles City Co., Va.
The family originates from the Manor of Bedingfield in Suffolk, England.

Virginia is the State of the 1st Colony (1607 - Jamestown) and Jefferson,

It seems that the American Colonists were strong on y T ... lol

The number of y T1a... Colonists continues to grow,

People were surprised when Thomas Jefferson was found to be y T, but ... things change :)

Virginia is the State of the 1st Colony (1607 - Jamestown) and Jefferson,

It seems that the American Colonists were strong on y T ... lol

The number of y T1a... Colonists continues to grow,

People were surprised when Thomas Jefferson was found to be y T, but ... things change :)

Thanks
Btw, can u check the ftdna T project under the group for pages00113.....it stares all are Z19945+
It would seem pages00113 suts also ubder Z19945, finally

Thanks
Btw, can u check the ftdna T project under the group for pages00113.....it stares all are Z19945+
It would seem pages00113 suts also ubder Z19945, finally
I see it.

Does Yfull support T PAGES00113 ???

I can’t find it.

I see it.

Does Yfull support T PAGES00113 ???

I can’t find it.

Yfull does not have it...but in another thread it states that 75% of this marker is yews from eastern europe

Yfull does not have it...but in another thread it states that 75% of this marker is yews from eastern europe

They are 2 steps below us,

I guess their mutation must have happened after the biblical Exodus, (if true :)

This thread has been viewed 466736 times.

Back