Birmingham

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
Reaction score
Ethnic group
English
For those who visit and wish to go beyond the borders of London, I would recommend a visit to Birmingham, also known as Brum. Once you can get past the brummie accent (it get thicker the further west you go, especially into Dudley and Wolverhampton) Good shopping district that is mainly pedestrianised and good shopping malls, especially the Bull Ring, which has been refurbished and rebuilt about two years ago. The Canal basin is a good place for food catering for Japanese (very good, but not open during the day at weekends :? ), Chinese, Italian, French, etc. Next to it is the NCC (National Conference Centre) and the NIA (National Indoor Arena) and the Rep. theatre. On the outstirts you will find the NEC (National Exhibtion Centre) and the Motorcycle Museum next to it (junction 6, M42). It has an international Airport and good communication links to the rest of the UK. It is also next to the county of Warwickshire (my home county), in which you'll find the towns of Stratford-on-Avon and Warwick. Shropshire, in which you'll find the town of Shrewsbury and Ironbridge. Good for anyone interested in industrial history. To the north is Staffordshire in which is the town of Stoke-on-Trent, famous for its pottery (Wedgewood anyone?) and to the south the county of Worcestershire, home county of Elgar.
Fun fact of Birmingham: It has more canals than Venice

I have only been to Birmingham Airport..... :blush: Cool though, and it was cheap to fly there from Copenhagen, as I had to go to Manchester to visit one of my best friends....(cheaper than flying to Manchester Airport from Copenhagen anyway).

I have in fact only been briefly in Birmingham city, especially hung around a huge train station.

I also was in Birmingham airport like Miss apollo7 because I used a cheper fly to Glasgow. :)

Mycernius! I never made any trip to Birmingham. It is totally a new destination for me. I just heard its name. After seeing that your post I supposed it to be a fantastic region. What you say about it? Is it? Please share the names of its most famous attractions that i can visit during my trip and also the name of the best accommodation.

Mycernius! I never made any trip to Birmingham. It is totally a new destination for me. I just heard its name. After seeing that your post I supposed it to be a fantastic region. What you say about it? Is it? Please share the names of its most famous attractions that i can visit during my trip and also the name of the best accommodation.

Some people would describe Birmingham as a rather drab post-industrial urban area with a lot of old canals from the era when factories were still the most important part of the local landscape. I suppose it depends on one's perspective, but as a tourist I found I preferred places like Oxford, Cambridge, York and the South Downs.

Birmingham is the city of England which is famous for traveling. It is largest and most populous city. It has huge amount of attractions for the visitors. Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery is a historical place which indicates its internationally famous art and history about nature, industries and local people through its crafts and exhibitions. I would like to refer this informative place to the visitors.

Birmingham is a nice place to visit. I have been there visited last year with my family and had very nice time with all the members, Here I am going to talk about the destinations which was we explored, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Aston Hall, Pen Museum. Still i would like to go there.

Welcome, Kiyara, By the way, After seeing your views about the Birmingham, I came to know that you are a traveler, That is very good, I am also a traveler like you. Here I got a question in my mind, have you ever visited the Birmingham Before?I am sure you will clarify my doubts.

That is very good that you are a travling freak and love to explore the top places around all over the world. Would you like to tell me about your favorites attractions around all over the world. By the way I am thinking to take bus tours from new york to niagara falls with my family. so would you like to recommend me anything.

This thread has been viewed 12475 times.

Back