(NEW) GenePlaza K12 Ancient Calculator Results

noman

Reaction score
Today, Geneplaza published a new calculator to find out how related are you to ancient civilizations.

Just got mine!

SjsMLsl.png

Today, Geneplaza published a new calculator to find out how related are you to ancient civilizations.

Just got mine!

SjsMLsl.png

Are these based on the actual ancient samples?

Costs 5 euros...no thank you

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Yep! That's what it says.
I can share the author's post from other forum regarding this calculator, but I am not sure if it's against the rules.

geneplaza is not for me ...........it states I have zero percentage italian

Here is my results, the results are okay. The only concern I have is that the "Western European Farmers" samples came from Neolithic Iberia;aka Atlantic Megalithic and a mixture of WHG and EFF themselves.

[h=1]HOW RELATED ARE YOU TO ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS[/h]
    • ANCIENT FARMERS54.2%
      • WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years)29.5%
      • NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years)4.4%
      • EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)15.2%
  • STEPPE CULTURES32.3%
  • WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years)13.5%
  • AFRICAN0.0%
  • EASTERN NON AFRICANS (modern)0.0%
  • SOUTHEAST EURASIAN0.0%

Here is my results, the results are okay. The only concern I have is that the "Western European Farmers" samples came from Neolithic Iberia;aka Atlantic Megalithic and a mixture of WHG and EFF themselves.

HOW RELATED ARE YOU TO ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS

• ANCIENT FARMERS54.2%
  • STEPPE CULTURES32.3%
  • AFRICAN0.0%
  • SOUTHEAST EURASIAN0.0%

Well, steppe cultures have maybe 40% CHG, so that would increase the "farmer" component, because I doubt the people who brought it to the steppe were Mesolithic hunter-gatherers in the main. Of course, they may not have been farmers either, perhaps herders? I guess once again we have to wait and see.

It's not a bad breakdown at all in terms of using the populations which would have been doing the majority of the mixing in the Bronze Age. In fact, it's not far from the figures I came up with for the British Isles using Haak estimates and extrapolating a bit.

I guess the Levant farmer came along with the Neolithic farmers or the Bronze Age farmers. It certainly can't be attributed to the Moorish invasions in your case.

Well, steppe cultures have maybe 40% CHG, so that would increase the "farmer" component, because I doubt the people who brought it to the steppe were Mesolithic hunter-gatherers in the main. Of course, they may not have been farmers either, perhaps herders? I guess once again we have to wait and see.

It's not a bad breakdown at all in terms of using the populations which would have been doing the majority of the mixing in the Bronze Age. In fact, it's not far from the figures I came up with for the British Isles using Haak estimates and extrapolating a bit.

I guess the Levant farmer came along with the Neolithic farmers or the Bronze Age farmers. It certainly can't be attributed to the Moorish invasions in your case.
Our wish came true and after years waiting we have so much data to wrap our brains around, that clarity got mudded. Seems like long are gone times of 3 basic admixtures ANE, WHG and EEF.
Be careful what we wish for .... :)
One needs to have a flexible and fit mind in genetics, history, abstract thinking and keep open mind, to make sense of all the ancestry and admixtures going back through time and space. Ordinary people will be lost in deep ancestry subject and will lose interest quickly, remembering only few pieces which stuck in their mind.

Our wish came true and after years waiting we have so much data to wrap our brains around, that clarity got mudded. Seems like long are gone times of 3 basic admixtures ANE, WHG and EEF.
Be careful what we wish for .... :)
One needs to have a flexible and fit mind in genetics, history, abstract thinking and keep open mind, to make sense of all the ancestry and admixtures going back through time and space. Ordinary people will be lost in deep ancestry subject and will lose interest quickly, remembering only few pieces which stuck in their mind.

I think that's very true, partly because it's very difficult to explain in the short amount of time they're willing to pay attention to the answers. It's all very complicated, with a lot of moving parts, and if you haven't done your homework, it's all going to seem like mumbo jumbo.

In terms of this particular test I do like the fact that this is actually based on ancient samples. It's about time someone did it for ordinary people to be able to run their raw data against all of them at once.

I'm a little surprised the WHG/SHG is coming in so low for northwestern Europeans, because even if you take 20% of the Western European farmer, you're only up to about 20%. It will be interesting to see the score for Latvians or Estonians or even Swedes.

Likewise, the "steppe" component seems to be quite a bit lower than for the Bronze Age British samples. Weren't they close to 50% steppe? So, it's gone down 18 points while other ancestry went up apparently. I wonder how much of it was "re-appearance" of British Neolithic, how much was the Anglo-Saxons, and how much an accumulation of ancestry from the direction of France.

Interesting, concidering that the calculator was just released today this is a lot of interesting components to take in. Totally agree, Would be interesting to see how the Baltic Countries and Sweden fairs in this calculator. :)

According to Geneplaza, the Levant Neolithic Genome was recovered from Ain Ghazal, Jordan dated at around 4300 BP. :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Ain_Ghazal

Last edited:
If you had paid for k11 calculator, then it's free to get results for k12.
I didn't pay for anything when I got my results, I already had like 3 euros credit automatically but it's gone now.

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Interesting, concidering that the calculator was just released today this is a lot of interesting components to take in. Totally agree, Would be interesting to see how the Baltic Countries and Sweden fairs in this calculator. :)

According to Geneplaza, the Levant Neolithic Genome was recovered from Ain Ghazal, Jordan dated at around 4300 BP. :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Ain_Ghazal

Unfortunately, that doesn't tell us when or with whom it arrived in Britain. As I said, I doubt it's the Moorish invasions. :)

If this is sort of an average number for this component for a lot of northern Europeans, then, as I said, it must have come as part of some mass migration. The only ones that seem possible to me are the Neolithic and perhaps a Bronze Age population, but more likely the former, I would think, since I don't think the southern Bronze Age route would have hit Britain. It's just the Levant like ancestry that got swept up with the larger migrations from Anatolia that made it into Europe, I would think.

HOW RELATED ARE YOU TO ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS

• ANCIENT FARMERS54.2%
  • STEPPE CULTURES32.3%
  • AFRICAN0.0%
  • SOUTHEAST EURASIAN0.0%

Those scores look legit. They're similar to what other methods get.

The $3 credit only covers purchases less than $3, it cannot go towards the $5 fee for this one.

I ordered the "Ancestry" with my free credit and paid $5 for the K12.

ANCIENT FARMERS 48.2%
  • WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years)17.0%
  • References include Neolithic genomes from Portugal, and Chalcolithic genomes from Spain. The similarity between these farmers and other Mediterranean farmers points to a rapid spread of agriculture in Europe around 7000 years ago.
  • LEVANT (4000-8000 years)3.4%
  • Based on neolithic and bronze-age period samples recovered from the Levant area in the Middle-East. The references for the bronze age Levant farmer (BA) samples were recovered from the Ain Ghazal, Jordan area and were dated to about 4300 years ago.

The first farmers of the southern Levant (Israel and Jordan) and Zagros Mountains (Iran) were strongly genetically differentiated, and each descended from local hunter-gatherers. By the time of the Bronze Age, these two populations and Anatolian-related farmers had mixed with each other and with the hunter- gatherers of Europe to drastically reduce genetic differentiation. The impact of the Near Eastern farmers extended beyond the Near East: farmers related to those of Anatolia spread westward into Europe; farmers related to those of the Levant spread southward into East Africa; farmers related to those from Iran spread northward into the Eurasian steppe; and people related to both the early farmers of Iran and to the pastoralists of he Eurasian steppe spread eastward into South Asia.
  • NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years)3.5%
  • Based on Neolithic and chalcolithic period samples recovered from Northwest Iran. The farmers from the Zagros mountain Iran region descended from one of multiple, genetically differentiated hunter-gatherer populations in southwestern Asia.

They are estimated to have separated from Early Neolithic farmers in Anatolia some 46,000 to 77,000 years ago, and show affinities to modern-day Kurd, Iranian, Pakistani and Afghan populations.

The Neolithic Iranian references used for this component, were recovered from the Kurdistan region of Iran, and appear to be around 9000 years old. The Chalcolithic Iranian references have been dated to around 5000 years old. The Caucasus Hunter Gatherers (CHG) appear to have genetically contributed to present day Europeans, W Asians, and S Asians.
  • EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)24.3%
  • References consist of genomes from Turkey, Greece, and other parts of SE Europe from the Neolithic period. These represent descendants of the first farmers to colonize Europe from the Near East.

STEPPE CULTURES 39.1%

• KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years)8.2%
  • This cluster is based on ancient genomes from the Karasuk culture, supplemented with two Iron-Age Eastern Scythian samples. The Karasuk percentage should be interpreted as a diffusion of DNA from the Eastern Eurasian Steppe populations post Bronze Age, via Turkic expansions, as well as more subtle diffusions via NE Caucasus populations.
  • ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years)16.1%
  • The Andronovo culture, which are believed to have aided in the spread of Indo_European languages, is a collection of similar local Bronze Age cultures that flourished around 3000-4000 years ago in western Siberia and the west Asiatic steppe. This culture overlapped with the Srubna culture in the Volga-Ural region of Russia.
  • YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years)14.9%
  • Believed to be among the first Indo-European language speakers. The Yamnaya genetically appear to be a fusion between the Eastern European Hunter Gatherers that inhabited the western Siberian steppe, and a populations from the Caucasus region. Descendants of the Yamnaya would later change the genetic substructure of indigenous Neolithic Europeans via invasions of Europe from the Eurasian steppe.

WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years)12.7%

• These were the indiginous populations of Europe that substantially contributed to the genetics of modern Europeans. It is believed that these hunter gatherers arrived in Europe around 45000 years ago from the Near East.

0.0% results African, Eastern Non-African, or Southeast Eurasian

3% Kurdish came up in my LivingDNA results so a 3.5% Kurdistan above seems like the mystery is solved.

For comparisons and about me, see my LivingDNA thread: http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34376-Living-DNA-results-and-comparison

My results after today's update:

1. Ancient Farmers & Caucasus Hunter-Gatherers - 49.9 %, including:

a) South-Eastern European Farmers - 29.0 %
b) Iberian (West European) Farmers - 9.7 %

c) Neolithic and Bronze Age Levant - 2.8 %

c) CHG and Neolithic-Chalcolithic Iran - 8.4 %

2. Steppe Cultures - 27.3 %, including:

a) Andronovo and Srubnaya - 10.1 %
b) Yamnaya-Afanasievo-Poltavka - 9.2 %
c) Karasuk and Scytho-Sarmatians - 8.0 %

3. Western European and Scandinavian Hunter-Gatherers - 22.8 %

http://i.imgur.com/WcLFuYm.png

WcLFuYm.png

Yes, here are the references used:

1. Yamnaya-Afansievo: Yamnaya Samara, Yamnaya Kalmykia, Poltavka, and Afanasievo;
  2. Andronovo-Srubnaya: 3 Andronovo and 2 Srubnaya samples
  3. E-European Farmer: Neolithic genomes from Turkey, Greece, and other parts of SE Europe.
  4. W-European Farmer: Neolithic genomes from Portugal, and Chalcolithic genomes from Spain.
  5. SE Eurasian: Jarawa, S Indian tribals, Brunei tribals, and Burmese.
  6. Karasuk: 5 genomes from the Karasuk culture, supplemented with 2 IA Eastern Scythian samples.
  7. WHG-SHG: 8 genomes from continental Europe and Sweden.
  8. ENA; Papuans and Aboriginal Australians.
  9. IRAN-N/CHG: Includes Iran-N, and imputed Kotias and Satsurbila genomes.
  10. W African: Yoruba, Gambian, and Esan modern samples;
  11. E African: Masai, Luhya, and Hadza modern samples.
  12. Levant N/BA: The higher coverage 4 samples

The $3 credit only covers purchases less than $3, it cannot go towards the $5 fee for this one.

I ordered the "Ancestry" with my free credit and paid $5 for the K12.

ANCIENT FARMERS 48.2%
  • WEST EUROPEAN FARMERS (4000-5000 years)17.0%
  • References include Neolithic genomes from Portugal, and Chalcolithic genomes from Spain. The similarity between these farmers and other Mediterranean farmers points to a rapid spread of agriculture in Europe around 7000 years ago.
  • LEVANT (4000-8000 years)3.4%
  • Based on neolithic and bronze-age period samples recovered from the Levant area in the Middle-East. The references for the bronze age Levant farmer (BA) samples were recovered from the Ain Ghazal, Jordan area and were dated to about 4300 years ago.

The first farmers of the southern Levant (Israel and Jordan) and Zagros Mountains (Iran) were strongly genetically differentiated, and each descended from local hunter-gatherers. By the time of the Bronze Age, these two populations and Anatolian-related farmers had mixed with each other and with the hunter- gatherers of Europe to drastically reduce genetic differentiation. The impact of the Near Eastern farmers extended beyond the Near East: farmers related to those of Anatolia spread westward into Europe; farmers related to those of the Levant spread southward into East Africa; farmers related to those from Iran spread northward into the Eurasian steppe; and people related to both the early farmers of Iran and to the pastoralists of he Eurasian steppe spread eastward into South Asia.
  • NEOLITHIC-CHALCOLITHIC IRAN-CHG (5000-12000 years)3.5%
  • Based on Neolithic and chalcolithic period samples recovered from Northwest Iran. The farmers from the Zagros mountain Iran region descended from one of multiple, genetically differentiated hunter-gatherer populations in southwestern Asia.

They are estimated to have separated from Early Neolithic farmers in Anatolia some 46,000 to 77,000 years ago, and show affinities to modern-day Kurd, Iranian, Pakistani and Afghan populations.

The Neolithic Iranian references used for this component, were recovered from the Kurdistan region of Iran, and appear to be around 9000 years old. The Chalcolithic Iranian references have been dated to around 5000 years old. The Caucasus Hunter Gatherers (CHG) appear to have genetically contributed to present day Europeans, W Asians, and S Asians.
  • EAST EUROPEAN FARMERS (5000-8000 years)24.3%
  • References consist of genomes from Turkey, Greece, and other parts of SE Europe from the Neolithic period. These represent descendants of the first farmers to colonize Europe from the Near East.

STEPPE CULTURES 39.1%

• KARASUK-E SCYTHIAN (2000-3000 years)8.2%
  • This cluster is based on ancient genomes from the Karasuk culture, supplemented with two Iron-Age Eastern Scythian samples. The Karasuk percentage should be interpreted as a diffusion of DNA from the Eastern Eurasian Steppe populations post Bronze Age, via Turkic expansions, as well as more subtle diffusions via NE Caucasus populations.
  • ANDRONOVO-SRUBNAYA (3000-4000 years)16.1%
  • The Andronovo culture, which are believed to have aided in the spread of Indo_European languages, is a collection of similar local Bronze Age cultures that flourished around 3000-4000 years ago in western Siberia and the west Asiatic steppe. This culture overlapped with the Srubna culture in the Volga-Ural region of Russia.
  • YAMNAYA-AFANASIEVO-POLTAVKA (4000-5000 years)14.9%
  • Believed to be among the first Indo-European language speakers. The Yamnaya genetically appear to be a fusion between the Eastern European Hunter Gatherers that inhabited the western Siberian steppe, and a populations from the Caucasus region. Descendants of the Yamnaya would later change the genetic substructure of indigenous Neolithic Europeans via invasions of Europe from the Eurasian steppe.

WESTERN EUROPEAN & SCANDINAVIAN HUNTER GATHERERS (4000-5000 years)12.7%

• These were the indiginous populations of Europe that substantially contributed to the genetics of modern Europeans. It is believed that these hunter gatherers arrived in Europe around 45000 years ago from the Near East.

0.0% results African, Eastern Non-African, or Southeast Eurasian

3% Kurdish came up in my LivingDNA results so a 3.5% Kurdistan above seems like the mystery is solved.

For comparisons and about me, see my LivingDNA thread: http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34376-Living-DNA-results-and-comparison

The maker of this calculator already mentioned that the calculator is very accurate.

My results after today's update:

1. Ancient Farmers & Caucasus Hunter-Gatherers - 49.9 %, including:

a) South-Eastern European Farmers - 29.0 %
b) Iberian (West European) Farmers - 9.7 %

c) Neolithic and Bronze Age Levant - 2.8 %

c) CHG and Neolithic-Chalcolithic Iran - 8.4 %

2. Steppe Cultures - 27.3 %, including:

a) Andronovo and Srubnaya - 10.1 %
b) Yamnaya-Afanasievo-Poltavka - 9.2 %
c) Karasuk and Scytho-Sarmatians - 8.0 %

3. Western European and Scandinavian Hunter-Gatherers - 22.8 %

http://i.imgur.com/WcLFuYm.png
Hmmm, what will you get when you pull Neolithic Iran/CHG genes from Yamnaya-Afansievo? What's left is pure EHG genes, not the BA Steppe Culture. You can't measure Yamnaya without Iran/CHG in it!
When you measure farmer genes on one side, you should measure h-gs on the other. Not the mixed cultures like Steppe BA or even Iron Age like in case of Scythians.
Likewise when you measure Steppe Cultures, you should compare them to their contemporaries. Like BA Hungary or Balkans or BA Levant.

LeBrok,

I partially agree with you, but that is not my calculator. With K36 nMonte, I got the following results (I divided samples into eras, and calculated models of ancestry for each era):

A) Ca. 1000-3000 years ago (with Early Medieval samples):

[1] "distance%=6.1784 / distance=0.061784"

Czechia Slavic RISE569 - 23.70 %
Sudovia RISE598 - 21.10 %
Poland Slavic Markowice7 - 16.40 %
Poland Slavic Niemcza34 - 16.25 %
Poland Wielbark Kowalewko55 - 9.65 %
Sarmatian I0574 - 8.75 %
Hungary BR2 - 3.20 %
Poland Wielbark Kowalewko22 - 0.55 %
Armenia RISE412 - 0.30 %
Mycenaean I9041 - 0.10 %

B) Ca. 2000-3000 years ago (without Medieval samples):

[1] "distance%=7.5255 / distance=0.075255"

Sudovia RISE598 - 35.10 %
Hungary BR2 - 21.20 %
Hungary IR1 - 15.80 %
Mezhovskaya RISE523 - 12.95 %
Poland Wielbark Kowalewko55 - 11.65 %
Poland Wielbark Maslomecz5 - 2.65 %
Poland Wielbark Kowalewko22 - 0.30 %
Mycenaean I9006 - 0.35 %

C) Around 3000-5000 years ago:

[1] "distance%=7.012 / distance=0.07012"

Sudovia RISE598 - 33.35 %
Hungary BR2 - 25.75 %
Sintashta RISE395 - 11.10 %
Poland Unetice RISE431 - 10.10 %
Germany Unetice I0115 - 7.30 %
Latvia Corded Ware Zvej28 - 5.00 %
Czechia Bell Beaker RISE567 - 2.70 %
Hungary RISE371 - 2.30 %
Armenia RISE416 - 1.65 %
Okunevo RISE516 - 0.65 %
Anatolia Kumtepe4 - 0.10 %

D) Around 5000-7000+ years ago:

[1] "distance%=13.5243 / distance=0.135243"

Stalingrad Steppe RISE555 - 23.70 %
Poltavka Culture I0432 - 21.10 %
Neolithic Sweden Gokhem5 - 19.30 %
Comb Ceramic Estonia MA974 - 15.15 %
Yamnaya Culture I0439 - 9.80 %
Latvia Hunter-Gatherer HG1 - 7.00 %
Latvia Hunter-Gatherer HG3 - 3.95 %

^^^
Gokhem5 shows up in my results because it has high "East Balkan" in K36. I think that when we get Cucuteni-Trypillian samples, they will score even higher "East Balkan".

This thread has been viewed 134609 times.

Back