Positive for CTS8489 but Negative for CTS8862

Imo, the only T1a branch found in the levant was mostly T1a1, with pages00011 heading to egypt with R-v88
The only T1a2 i recall in the BC levant was the history of the Lemba, who began in an area north of lebanon and migrated to south africa, once there they accepted wifes, unsure if they are from the jewish faith
More likely for Your T1a2 is either from Chios, Ancient Lycien or northern asia minor.....or what the ancients writers called , the Asiatics
Were the Thracians ever in northern asia minor?
I now see that they were in Anatolia, among other nearby areas....and Pannonia.

Were the Thracians ever in northern asia minor?
I now see that they were in Anatolia, among other nearby areas....and Pannonia.
Asia minor is anatolia, same place
Yes, iirc , bithniya was thracian, its eastern neighbour Pala was not, nor its neighbour western troad lands .....but i am unsure when its southern phrygians got there.....but we know these phrygians fought a serious of wars against the Lydians circa 500 bc......
Herodusus does claim the thracoans are the second biggest nation of people after the indians and their steppe border was with the cimmerians

Asia minor is anatolia, same place
Yes, iirc , bithniya was thracian, its eastern neighbour Pala was not, nor its neighbour western troad lands .....but i am unsure when its southern phrygians got there.....but we know these phrygians fought a serious of wars against the Lydians circa 500 bc......
Herodusus does claim the thracoans are the second biggest nation of people after the indians and their steppe border was with the cimmerians

Thanks for that, torzio.

YFull has their updated YTree.....YTree v7.09.01 at 25 November 2019

They have CTS8862 as one of my terminal SNPs...along with CTS8489, CTS10538, CTS9984, Y26649, Z19944, Z19951 and Z19953.

Last edited:
....on FTDNA:

NEGATIVE - CTS8862
PRESUMED NEGATIVE - Z19944, Z19945, CTS9984
POSITIVE - CTS8489, CTS10538, Y26649, Z19951, Z19953

Two distinct different set of results when it comes to the matter of CTS8862 .
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes, that is my 2nd great grandfather Patrick Walsh.

Yes, that is my 2nd great grandfather Patrick Walsh.

so what difference is there between ftdna and yfull for yourself ?

so what difference is there between ftdna and yfull for yourself ?

FTDNA has me negative for CTS8862
YFull has CTS8862 as a "terminal SNP"

fMi5tAn.jpg

FTDNA has me negative for CTS8862
YFull has me positive for CTS8862...."A terminal SNP"

go to yfull snp checker and put in CTS8862 and see how many stars and any comments

torzio,

Can you read that alright? I was going to delete it and try again.

torzio,

Can you read that alright? I was going to delete it and try again.

i can read it now.....I am back home ...............I spent a week in central-australia ( Ularu ) only had mobile coverage...........

i get 4 stars via snp checker for cts8862 and noted positive

CTS8489 , I get 4 stars , noted ? ........but 1 positive reading and no negative reading, so they assume positive

Z19945, I get 3 stars, noted positive and 3 positive readings

i can read it now.....I am back home ...............I spent a week in central-australia ( Ularu ) only had mobile coverage...........

i get 4 stars via snp checker for cts8862 and noted positive

CTS8489 , I get 4 stars , noted ? ........but 1 positive reading and no negative reading, so they assume positive

Z19945, I get 3 stars, noted positive and 3 positive readings

Well, I am confused....
For CTS8862 I get four stars and a negative. That does not sound like a terminal SNP does it?

Well, I am confused....
For CTS8862 I get four stars and a negative. That does not sound like a terminal SNP does it?

no it does not

click on left side ...........and it should give you more info

cts8862 and cts8489 are the same group in yfull

yfull stopped reading my cts8489 because i was already positive for cts8862 ................you might be reversed from me

no it does not

click on left side ...........and it should give you more info

cts8862 and cts8489 are the same group in yfull

yfull stopped reading my cts8489 because i was already positive for cts8862 ................you might be reversed from me

Am I able to send you that additional info as an attachment?

YFull SNP check for CTS8862

06ZVWdT.jpg

This thread has been viewed 61109 times.

Back