Health New Coronavirus in China

Is it true that the new Coronavirus gets half activity at 18o C
and is neutralize at temperetures around 30o C

Is it true that the new Coronavirus gets half activity at 18o C
and is neutralize at temperetures around 30o C
Doubtful. There have been many cases in the Persian Gulf and the temperature in places like Kuwait and Bahrain is close to 30°C now.

There's something particular about this virus and how it affects older people, and it really starts at about 50.

c4mNl0e.png

"King County officials are recommending, though not mandating, that people at a higher risk of developing serious symptoms from COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus, stay home and avoid large groups.Patty Hayes, director for Public Health — Seattle & King County, said these recommendations are particularly aimed at people over 60 and those with underlying health conditions. Officials hope the measures will slow the spread of the virus in the county, which had seen 31 cases including nine deaths as of Wednesday afternoon.
“The distancing measures that we’re recommending are essential because we need to slow the spread of disease to the point where our healthcare system can continue to be able to handle the load,” Hayes said.
Officials are advising community groups against holding large gatherings, defined as having more than 10 people, and are encouraging companies to allow remote work. King County Executive Dow Constantine said the county canceled all non-essential large group meetings through the end of March, and employees are encouraged to work remotely if they can."

Since Coronavirus is a respiratory illness, I wonder if its effects are more serious in places where air pollution is higher. When we look at the data, the most badly hit regions all suffer from heavy air pollution. Chinese cities obviously have abysmal air quality. But so do the Middle Eastern regions most affected by the virus: Tehran, Qom, Bahrain, UAE. In Europe it's not surprising either that the Po valley in northern Italy should be so badly affected as it is a known hot spot of air pollution within Europe. Here an air pollution map from the European Environment Agency:

P10 concentrations (highest daily value) in 2004.

image_large

PM10 concentrations (daily mean) in 2017.

image_large

PM2.5 concentrations (annual mean) in 2016

image_large

NO2 concentrations in 2017 (mostly caused by traffic in big cities)

image_large

Northern Italy is among the most polluted in every map (especially PM). Regardless of the total number of people infected, we'll see if the mortality rate in Europe is higher in places suffering with high air pollution.

Then perhaps it is not the overall air pollution that matters, but some specific factors like NO2 levels instead of PM, or the opposite.

@ Maciamo

but if this could be correct,
Then India wouldn't also suffer a lot?

@ Maciamo

but if this could be correct,
Then India wouldn't also suffer a lot?

Once the virus spreads to India, it will probably be catastrophic. Not just because of the air pollution, but also because of the overall lack of hygiene, the overcrowding (worse than China), and I think also the difficulty in containing the population indoor (with so many people living in slums or in the street).

Africa is likely to be bad as well because of the poor medical infrastructure. But the population density is much lower (except in places like Nigeria) and southern half of Africa is far less polluted. I expect that Nigeria, and maybe some other West African countries, are going to be the worst affected by Covid-19 once the virus expands around Africa.

"Prior to flight restrictions, on average, 3500 people every day took direct flights from Wuhan (where #coronavirus initially erupted) to cities in other countries ... each bubble represents passenger travel from October-November 2019 period "
ESWNSfPXQAAoSQQ

For updates on Covid-19, I found that Wikipedia is actually the best place, with constant updates and a clear list of affected countries. They even have maps showing the regions with the number of cases for most countries when you hover/click on the name in the list.

Italian health care establishment is seeing 10% of people with a positive test result requiring intensive care. I'd want to see a break out by age. Given Italy's extremely low birth rate and really high numbers of people over 80 and even 90 I would assume people 70+ form a big proportion of the people needing the ICU.

Atmospheric conditions might play a part, but there is also a substantial Chinese community in Italy, although not as large as that of France and the UK. Who knows how many flew in from China even before the virus was isolated on January 8th? At any rate, many Chinese Italians have ties to Fujian, which already had a cluster by the third week in January.

Of course, it could also have come from Iran. I'm sure typing has gone on. I hope it was shared with the WHO and the CBC.

Anyway, an open letter...

s1dbF01.png

Patient Zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant.
""The man believed to be patient zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant who refused to self-isolate after testing positive.. Authorities asked him to quarantine himself for two weeks, but he ignored the request and continued to work at a Chinese restaurant.""

"
Authorities were alerted to the situation and the military intervened to return the man to his home.“The Carabinieri have been busy reconstructing all the movements of the young man, in order to identify as many people as possible with whom he came into contact. In the meantime, the military has closed the Chinese restaurant,” reports Free West Media.

The migrant now faces up to 3 months in jail for failing to self-isolate under article 650 of the Italian penal code.

He even freaking did home delivery runs.

They must have known who he was if he tested positive, and they just refused to say for fear of a riot or something. He should go to prison for 20 years. Make an object lesson of him; he deserves it. He has blood on his hands.

Salvini just gained a big chunk of the electorate for his policies.

This is what some people just don't get. If you're young and healthy you'll most likely be fine, but what are you doing to the vulnerable in terms of health, and even what are you doing to the economy and people's finances? I guess some people haven't gotten the memo, or are just too selfish to care.

WHO...I'm getting really tired of them. What idiots would accept unquestioningly data the Chinese government decides you should see. Plus, the odd ones in hospitals??? 3,000 doctors got it. Yeah, the following is true in a totalitarian country where police patrol the streets so it doesn't spread widely. Just shut up already.

"aylward: "75 to 80 percent of all clusters are in families. You get the odd ones in hospitals or restaurants or prisons, but the vast majority are in families. And only 5 to 15 percent of your close contacts develop disease."

"The city of LA and the state of California didn't quarantine the wife of a man who tested positive for coronavirus along with several friends."

kfAlpfP.png

I am totally flabbergasted at the haphazard approach the US has taken vis a vis this epidemic. No test kits available, refusal to test patients because they did not come directly from Wuhan, an idiot as a president that thinks it's OK to go to work while being infected, who thinks that he closed the borders when it is not true (we still have not closed the borders to Italy or South Korea). I mean we mixed infected and uninfected people when evacuating them off the cruise ship in Japan. One disaster after another when it comes to our response to this virus. Globalization means easier and faster spread of these kind of pandemics. We need a permanent agency or at least a bureau that has a plan in place of what to do, where and when. I think in response to the previous epidemics (SARS, MERS) there was a response team but it was dismantled for some reason. So now we are caught with our pants down.

I am thinking that grocery stores should start cracking down on people having to touch every apple to find the perfect one. It grosses me out to no end but this might be a disease spread vector. If the grocery stores don't want to go to prepackaged fruit at least put out single use plastic gloves that the employees wear.

Something strange I notice,
or couldbe due to another center of coronavirus center report

this is map by John Hopkins hospital about the coronavirus worldwide spread,
https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/4fdc0d03d3a34aa485de1fb0d2650ee0

the strange is that Turkey Turkmenistan Kyrgistan Tajikistan Uzbekistan Kazakstan apear with 0 effect,
couls that have to do with genes?
It is early yet to identify?
did not yet pass the country?
or they just ignore and don't bother?

Patient Zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant.
""The man believed to be patient zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant who refused to self-isolate after testing positive.. Authorities asked him to quarantine himself for two weeks, but he ignored the request and continued to work at a Chinese restaurant.""

"
Authorities were alerted to the situation and the military intervened to return the man to his home.“The Carabinieri have been busy reconstructing all the movements of the young man, in order to identify as many people as possible with whom he came into contact. In the meantime, the military has closed the Chinese restaurant,” reports Free West Media.

The migrant now faces up to 3 months in jail for failing to self-isolate under article 650 of the Italian penal code.

He even freaking did home delivery runs.

They must have known who he was if he tested positive, and they just refused to say for fear of a riot or something. He should go to prison for 20 years. Make an object lesson of him; he deserves it. He has blood on his hands.

Salvini just gained a big chunk of the electorate for his policies.

This is what some people just don't get. If you're young and healthy you'll most likely be fine, but what are you doing to the vulnerable in terms of health, and even what are you doing to the economy and people's finances? I guess some people haven't gotten the memo, or are just too selfish to care.

WHO...I'm getting really tired of them. What idiots would accept unquestioningly data the Chinese government decides you should see. Plus, the odd ones in hospitals??? 3,000 doctors got it. Yeah, the following is true in a totalitarian country where police patrol the streets so it doesn't spread widely. Just shut up already.

"aylward: "75 to 80 percent of all clusters are in families. You get the odd ones in hospitals or restaurants or prisons, but the vast majority are in families. And only 5 to 15 percent of your close contacts develop disease."

"The city of LA and the state of California didn't quarantine the wife of a man who tested positive for coronavirus along with several friends."

kfAlpfP.png

is there an official source for patient 0 in italy? i searched for it and couldn't find it. the news originally come from "free west media" from what i found, not from italy. and of course it is spread by people like paul joseph watson.

The number of coronavirus patients outside mainland China could climb tenfold every 19 days, if countries don't enforce stringent restrictions to deal with the mounting crisis, researchers have found.
A study, led by geneticist Jin Li, of Shanghai's Fudan University, found that an estimated "34 unobserved founder patients" triggered the spread of COVID-19 outside mainland China.
They may have only presented with "mild symptoms," the study says, and so didn't go to a hospital to get tested for coronavirus.
Based on data gathered through the end of February, the researchers built a "mathematical model to capture the global trend of epidemics outside China."
"The situation is dangerous," the study said, underscoring the need for "strong intervention."
"Powerful actions on public health should be taken to combat this epidemic all over the world," the researchers wrote, highlighting China and Singapore as two countries where drastic containment measures have helped to control the spread of the coronavirus.
These findings were published on medrxiv.org, which is a preprint server for health sciences, according to its website. This means the study has not yet been peer-reviewed.
According to the South China Morning Post, a woman who traveled from Wuhan, in Hubei province, to Thailand was the first coronavirus carrier outside China. She tested positive for COVID-19 on January 13.
As of Saturday, the illness has now hit every continent, except Antarctica, and affected over 101,000 people.
A webinar presentation hosted by the American Hospital Association projected that there could be as many as 96 million cases in the United States alone along with 4.8 million hospitalizations and 480,000 deaths associated with the novel coronavirus.

Moreover there are no symptom cases.

is there an official source for patient 0 in italy? i searched for it and couldn't find it. the news originally come from "free west media" from what i found, not from italy. and of course it is spread by people like paul joseph watson.

patient 0 was the patient tested positive in Codogno and not immediately put in quarantaine
the hospital in Codogno is responsable for the uncontrolled spread in Italy and the whole of Europe

... the Governor of Puglia, the heel of Italy’s boot ... don't come back ...

“Get off at the first train station, do not catch planes, turn your cars around, get off your buses. Do not bring the Lombard, Veneto and Emilia epidemic to Puglia.”

... To underscore his determination, he signed a decree saying anyone arriving from the vast northern red zone would have to put themselves in quarantine for two weeks ...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...res-in-virus-hit-north-idUSKBN20V0IJ?rpc=401&

... the Governor of Puglia, the heel of Italy’s boot ... don't come back ...

“Get off at the first train station, do not catch planes, turn your cars around, get off your buses. Do not bring the Lombard, Veneto and Emilia epidemic to Puglia.”

... To underscore his determination, he signed a decree saying anyone arriving from the vast northern red zone would have to put themselves in quarantine for two weeks ...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...res-in-virus-hit-north-idUSKBN20V0IJ?rpc=401&

Good for him, but it's probably too late: an American serviceman in Napoli has tested positive.

As to the Pakistani man being patient zero, here are the latest facts as determined by the AP:
News articles including Free West Media falsely cited Adnkronos, an Italian media agency, in making the claim. On Feb. 29, Adnkronos released a story that a Pakistani man, who delivers Chinese food, did not quarantine himself in Italy after having a positive coronavirus test.

The article makes no reference to the man being patient zero.
So, he wasn't patient zero, but he still did what the story claimed he did, and he still should go to jail. Once you've been quarantined, you freaking stay in quarantine.

@Bicicleur,
I knew it would be you.

Here is the sequence of events, not that it will matter to you.

First of all, learn the difference between first reported case and "patient zero".

Second of all, read the following. At the time the decisions were made any doctors anywhere in the world would have done the exact same thing, because those were the protocols. It happened in the U.S. over and over again, but you don't see this kind of vitriol here.

I'm sure the facts won't matter to you, just as they don't matter to you whenever migrants from the Near East or North Africa are involved. It's never about the facts of any specific case; it's always a knee jerk reaction based on your own prejudices.

I should have done it long ago. I'm done with you.

"The Lombardy outbreak came to light when a 38-year-old Italian tested positive in Codogno, a comune in the province of Lodi. According to his wife, he had met an Italian friend who had returned from China on 21 January, who subsequently tested negative.[18] On 14 February, he felt unwell and went to a doctor in Castiglione d'Adda. He was prescribed treatments for influenza.[18]On 16 February, as the 38-year-old man's condition worsened, he went to Codogno Hospital, reporting respiratory problems.[18] Initially, there was no suspicion of COVID-19, so no additional precautionary measures were taken, and the virus was able to infect other patients and health workers.[19] Later, the patient, his pregnant wife, and a friend tested positive.[18] Three more cases were confirmed on the same day, after the patients reported symptoms of pneumonia.[20] Thereafter, extensive screenings and checks were performed on everyone that had possibly been in contact or near the infected subjects.[21]"

patient 0 was the patient tested positive in Codogno and not immediately put in quarantaine
the hospital in Codogno is responsable for the uncontrolled spread in Italy and the whole of Europe

I totally disagree.

Wanting to argue at all costs it would seem that the first European patient ever was in Germany ...

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.10...rVGzC63aAY1bz3xrQUCxhCCIfs3dGr2XbbWqLuyT9EGSI

But this is not the point, Germany will justify this fact as it sees fit. Let's go back to Codogno.
The Codogno hospital followed the protocols issued by Rome (which are the official ones), the second of which modified what was prescribed in the previous one, so that the first infected patient was no longer included in the cases of subjects to be kept under observation.

https://www.ilgiornale.it/news/poli...38ov0vV3s_eBS_v51Qcm6x4mB-hxqzioEvI8XbAQjaNIU

https://www.corriere.it/cronache/20...ne-d187209e-58bc-11ea-8e3a-a0c8564bd6c7.shtml

Indeed, it was precisely an excess of scruple of Dr. Malara - who was operating in Codogno in those days - to find out that the patient was suffering from Covid-19. There is only to kiss the elbows that this accident was discovered in Lombardy.
Elsewhere - for economic interests or for reasons of reputation - they would have pretended nothing

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...le_idea_di_pensare_al_coronavirus_-250380291/

This thread has been viewed 695621 times.

Back