(NEW) GenePlaza K25 and K29 Modern Calculator Results

That’s all I can find. They made me login.
AncestryDNA split Italy in 2, North and South. The South split in 8 Genetic Communities, the North doesn’t, and I can’t find Sicily and Sardinia.
84829a089433a2d479da4af1f26f87db.jpg

67e5c8358d6197b4e6a7fa7ad9e8e575.jpg

Never Mind. Sardinia is with Iberia, and Sicily with Nord Africa.
583649d694a6d39544f1b715d2c607e6.jpg
51928a1224e30b9522bc66932affdfb4.jpg

This is all total nonsense in my opinion. Northern Italy is much less homogeneous than Southern Italy. Part of that is different migrations, more Gauls in the west, more Central European in the east, but I think part of it is also that Southern Italy was ruled more or less as one unit for the last 1600 years. People moved about. From Rome north, everything was divided into different municipalities, or was part of the Papal States, or was ruled by different foreign governments. Just moving from place to place was more difficult. So, there was a lot of drift. As a result of both factors, people from the Veneto are quite different from people from Piemonte, and the differences are greater when you get to coastal Liguria or Toscana.

Are they using only their own testees as references? That would explain it. If they've got, just as an example, 10,000 Southerners who have tested, and 100 Northern Italians, they're going to pick up slight differences among Southerners and they can't differentiate too well among Northerners.

Sicily with North Africa? Are they kidding? The specifically "North African" in Sicilians can't be more than 5%. Has any of them ever looked at yDna distribution? Maybe there's a bit more in certain isolated places along the southern coast where more Berbers settled, or in strongholds. As in Spain, most of them were exiled.

Then, what is all this overlap? Three different groups with Campania in them? I bet these are all mixed Southern Italian Americans. You can't use mixed people for references in Italy. That's why Dienekes never used me for either the Northern Italians or the Tuscans.

This looks like work done by people who have never read an academic paper on population genetics in Southern Europe in their entire lives. "Shoemakers" as my dad would have said, not professionals.

Maybe some day Lazaridis will tire of the ivory towers of academia and try to make some real money. Then we'd get a calculator worth something.

@Stuvane,
I don't remember. You're from eastern Emilia-Romagna?

That's the reason, I think, but it's still wrong.

(NEW) GenePlaza K25 Modern Calculator Results

This is all total nonsense in my opinion. Northern Italy is much less homogeneous than Southern Italy. Part of that is different migrations, more Gauls in the west, more Central European in the east, but I think part of it is also that Southern Italy was ruled more or less as one unit for the last 1600 years. People moved about. From Rome north, everything was divided into different municipalities, or was part of the Papal States, or was ruled by different foreign governments. Just moving from place to place was more difficult. So, there was a lot of drift. As a result of both factors, people from the Veneto are quite different from people from Piemonte, and the differences are greater when you get to coastal Liguria or Toscana.

Are they using only their own testees as references? That would explain it. If they've got, just as an example, 10,000 Southerners who have tested, and 100 Northern Italians, they're going to pick up slight differences among Southerners and they can't differentiate too well among Northerners.

Sicily with North Africa? Are they kidding? The specifically "North African" in Sicilians can't be more than 5%. Has any of them ever looked at yDna distribution? Maybe there's a bit more in certain isolated places along the southern coast where more Berbers settled, or in strongholds. As in Spain, most of them were exiled.

Then, what is all this overlap? Three different groups with Campania in them? I bet these are all mixed Southern Italian Americans. You can't use mixed people for references in Italy. That's why Dienekes never used me for either the Northern Italians or the Tuscans.

This looks like work done by people who have never read an academic paper on population genetics in Southern Europe in their entire lives. "Shoemakers" as my dad would have said, not professionals.

Maybe some day Lazaridis will tire of the ivory towers of academia and try to make some real money. Then we'd get a calculator worth something.

@Stuvane,

It is strange. Link to the White Paper. hope it works:
https://www.ancestry.com/cs/dna-help/communities/whitepaper

“Shoemakers” we say “Scarparu” [emoji2]

It is strange. Link to the White Paper. hope it works:
https://www.ancestry.com/cs/dna-help/communities/whitepaper

“Shoemakers” we say “Scarparu” [emoji2]

Thanks for the link. I guess that's one of those pan-Italian sayings. :)

When I get really mad, I start thinking in Italian. Well, not just mad...emotional. I'll wind up some old lady in the hospital speaking Italian and no one can understand her. They say you lose all your languages but your first one.

Some of those old sayings and proverbs have exact counterparts in English, some don't. I love them, even the ones that are really vulgar, although I don't use them. I think my mother is still watching and listening to me, I guess. :)

(NEW) GenePlaza K25 Modern Calculator Results

Thanks for the link. I guess that's one of those pan-Italian sayings. :)

Some of those old sayings and proverbs have exact counterparts in English, some don't. I love them, even the ones that are really vulgar, although I don't use them. I think my mother is still watching and listening to me, I guess. :)

[emoji846] I forgot about this. Part is S.Europe It has the islands. (I guess I’m a “Scarparu” too.)
7b8d3494b68f64badebb1a8dddd250cc.png

@Stuvane,

Yes, I am, Angela. I'm from contryside of Ferrara and Rimini/Forlì

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Eupedia Forum mobile app

I agree that Southern Italians and Sicilians are Genetically close.
That said, AncestryDNA separates us:
54ce279f25c8bab58b00e9edc52725c2.jpg

Got it, and I'm glad we're agreeing and getting along!

Sadly I don't know when I'll be swallowing apples (or even the orange vitamin water I have next to me) comfortably due to feeling ill, possibly from a throat cold. I'll be working out in less than an hour to sweat the germs out (yes I workout late at night, I do well with this schedule).

for anyone who doesn't get the apple reference:
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34962-(NEW)-GenePlaza-K25-Modern-Calculator-Results?p=525672&viewfull=1#post525672

Got it, and I'm glad we're agreeing and getting along!

Sadly I don't know when I'll be swallowing apples (or even the orange vitamin water I have next to me) comfortably due to feeling ill, possibly from a throat cold. I'll be working out in less than an hour to sweat the germs out (yes I workout late at night, I do well with this schedule).

for anyone who doesn't get the apple reference:
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34962-(NEW)-GenePlaza-K25-Modern-Calculator-Results?p=525672&viewfull=1#post525672

Hope you feel better.

mine :

EUROPEAN 66.1%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 53.1%
Greek-Albanian 28.4%
Sardinian-Sicilian 24.7%

Southwest European0.0% yes
thumb001.gif
dance.gif

EASTERN EUROPEAN13.0%
Eastern Slavic 13.0%
Southern Slavic0.0%
Western Slavic0.0%
Baltic0.0%
NORTHERN EUROPEAN0.0%
Northwestern European0.0%
Scandinavian0.0%

WEST ASIA21.9%
Caucasian 11.5%
smile.png

South West Asian 10.4%
C/SC/S ASIA 12.0%
South Central Asian12.0% { indo -iranian genes
smile.png
smile.png

SIBERIAN & AMERINDIAN0.0%
E/SE ASIA & OCEANIA0.0%
AFRICAN0.0%

Sardinian-Sicilian 24.7%

May I ask you what your ethnicity is?

I find it very odd that non-Italians would be getting such a high percent of this component, than Italians themselves. Same as Dibran pointed out that oddly, an Italian from Eastern Emilia would have higher Albanian-Greek, than actual Albanians, and Greeks.

3/4 aschenazi Sephardi jewish
and 1/4 bulgarian non jew
i am not surprised because i probably match in the alleles the sicilian group in this sardinian- sicilian cluster than the sardinian here
i think i got the east slavic cluster here from my gentile grandmother since i saw results of other
aschenazi and they don't score east slavic not even the 4 full aschenazi kurd posted in anthrogenica
p.s
anyway kurd now want to turn this calculator to k24
and to take out the west slavic {which my brother and mother score 20%} very confusihg :(

3/4 aschenazi Sephardi jewish
and 1/4 bulgarian non jew
i am not surprised because i probably match in the alleles the sicilian group in this sardinian- sicilian cluster than the sardinian here
i think i got the east slavic cluster here from my gentile grandmother since i saw results of other
aschenazi and they don't score east slavic not even the 4 full aschenazi kurd posted in anthrogenica
p.s
anyway kurd now want to turn this calculator to k24
and to take out the west slavic {which my brother and mother score 20%} very confusihg :(

I don't think it makes sense, because I would be even closer to Sicilians, and I score 0%.

Gedmatch: Dodecad K12b

Using 1 population approximation:
1 Sicilian_Dodecad @ 4.251134
2 S_Italian_Sicilian_Dodecad @ 4.350428
3 C_Italian_Dodecad @ 7.258458
4 Ashkenazi_Dodecad @ 7.821095
5 Ashkenazy_Jews_Behar @ 7.998691
6 Greek_Dodecad @ 8.379530
7 O_Italian_Dodecad @ 11.102301
8 Sephardic_Jews_Behar @ 11.167441
9 Tuscan_HGDP @ 11.767037
10 TSI30_Metspalu @ 12.998255

Of course, these results - as Dibran wrote - are very weird, but they are not a total surprise for me. Other calculators on Gedmatch (for example puntDNAL K12, 13 or 15) sometimes cluster the central-northern Italians with Albanians, Kosovars, continental Greeks, Macedonians, Montenegrins... I think this Geneplaza tool works in some way with the same parameters.

I don't think it makes sense, because I would be even closer to Sicilians, and I score 0%.

Gedmatch: Dodecad K12b

Using 1 population approximation:
1 Sicilian_Dodecad @ 4.251134
2 S_Italian_Sicilian_Dodecad @ 4.350428
3 C_Italian_Dodecad @ 7.258458
4 Ashkenazi_Dodecad @ 7.821095
5 Ashkenazy_Jews_Behar @ 7.998691
6 Greek_Dodecad @ 8.379530
7 O_Italian_Dodecad @ 11.102301
8 Sephardic_Jews_Behar @ 11.167441
9 Tuscan_HGDP @ 11.767037
10 TSI30_Metspalu @ 12.998255

We should probably stop taking results from this calculator seriously, it's clearly bugged and incomplete.

A southern Italian scoring zilch in the Sicilian category is like a fully British person scoring nothing in the northwestern European component, it's something that shouldn't ever happen.

mine :

EUROPEAN 66.1%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 53.1%
Greek-Albanian 28.4%
Sardinian-Sicilian 24.7%

thumb001.gif
dance.gif

EASTERN EUROPEAN13.0%
Eastern Slavic 13.0%
Southern Slavic0.0%
Western Slavic0.0%
Baltic0.0%
NORTHERN EUROPEAN0.0%
Scandinavian0.0%

WEST ASIA21.9%
Caucasian 11.5%
smile.png

South West Asian 10.4%
C/SC/S ASIA 12.0%
smile.png
smile.png

E/SE ASIA & OCEANIA0.0%
AFRICAN0.0%

It makes absolutely no sense to me that someone who is 3/4 Ashkenazi and 1/4 Bulgarian would get all this South and Central Asian.

I'm sorry to say it, but there is something seriously wrong with this calculator.

mine :
EUROPEAN 66.1%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 53.1%
Greek-Albanian 28.4%
Sardinian-Sicilian 24.7%

thumb001.gif
dance.gif

EASTERN EUROPEAN13.0%
Eastern Slavic 13.0%
Southern Slavic0.0%
Western Slavic0.0%
Baltic0.0%
NORTHERN EUROPEAN0.0%
Scandinavian0.0%
WEST ASIA21.9%
Caucasian 11.5%
smile.png

South West Asian 10.4%
C/SC/S ASIA 12.0%
smile.png
smile.png

E/SE ASIA & OCEANIA0.0%
AFRICAN0.0%
You say thracian in your ID.........then your numbers could reflect
http://bnr.bg/en/post/100182125/scientists-say-bulgarians-originate-from-pamir
and
http://dispatchesfromturtleisland.blogspot.com.au/2017/12/southern-central-asians-have-about-50.html

It makes absolutely no sense to me that someone who is 3/4 Ashkenazi and 1/4 Bulgarian would get all this South and Central Asian.

I'm sorry to say it, but there is something seriously wrong with this calculator.

i do score 9% indo iranian in dna land
6% pashtoon in my origins 1.0
but i think the 12% they gave me is just to much :)
on paper i am 1/4 aschenazi , 1/4 sefhardi , 1/4 mizrachi, 1/4 non jew bulgarian
i think the south central asian {Pakistan area came from my 1/4 mizrachi lets not forget that jews been in iraw iran for 2000 years
those areas were settled by indo-iranian tribes before Muslim Arabs came
having said that i still think 12% is just to much :)
my mother score 4% but father 9.5% in this calculator of kurd.

This thread has been viewed 112056 times.

Back