What music are you listening to?

Thanks for the info!

Do you happen to know the lyrics? I tried looking them up but I couldn't find anything

Unfortunately I can not find the lyrics either.

Great album. Grew on me a lot.

Such a pure voice, pitch perfect in a live performance, delicate, the voice of an angel, singing such a pure song.

For anyone pining for a deceased loved one: Irama singing Ovunque Sarai, which he presented at San Remo; I liked it better than the winning Mahmood/Blanco song if they were going to go for a ballad.

Translation video:

Italian lyics:

such a nice melody, balkan instruments, ancient sounding. i would imagine the illyrians, thracians, macedonians, & epirotes to have had war music like this. i skip to about 1:20 for the drums to come in sooner

such a nice melody, balkan instruments, ancient sounding. i would imagine the illyrians, thracians, macedonians, & epirotes to have had war music like this. i skip to about 1:20 for the drums to come in sooner

The instrument Zurna/Zurla spread with the Ottomans in the Balkans and has no affiliation with ancient South East Europe or Europe in general. The word stems from old Persian "surnay" which in itself is argued to have a Hittite or Luwian origin.

Are these Bulgarian Roma in the video? The sound is not very nice to the ears politely said :LOL:

3:03~
3:51~

"O tokë e mbjellur me plumba dhe i ndezur për shtatë trimëri. Tokë e mbjellur me burra shekuj dhe të rënë për liri. Zgjohuni o dëshmorë gëzoni e gëzoni bashkë me ne.
Sot atdheu i lashtë i shqipeve feston Ditën e Re"

3:03~
3:51~

"O tokë e mbjellur me plumba dhe i ndezur për shtatë trimëri. Tokë e mbjellur me burra shekuj dhe të rënë për liri. Zgjohuni o dëshmorë gëzoni e gëzoni bashkë me ne.
Sot atdheu i lashtë i shqipeve feston Ditën e Re"

Great song. Shaqiri is the best folk/traditional/patriotic Albanian musician imho.

Great song. Shaqiri is the best folk/traditional/patriotic Albanian musician imho.

Ditto.
Every time I go out and there is traditional Albanian music, it really makes me think that our motives are quite unique not only globally, but even in the region. Sure Balkans have some similarities, but having lived with many different peoples and in different parts of it, the similarities end at some point, and whatever is left gives me the vibe of a uniquely Albanian tradition.

watch

The instrument Zurna/Zurla spread with the Ottomans in the Balkans and has no affiliation with ancient South East Europe or Europe in general. The word stems from old Persian "surnay" which in itself is argued to have a Hittite or Luwian origin.

Are these Bulgarian Roma in the video? The sound is not very nice to the ears politely said :LOL:

are you sure?
Oh and the name Marsyas

watch this,
it islike pandoyrion, tampoyras and bouzouki, kanon and Qanun, etc,
zourna is developed by Arabs, and has Persian name. but existed in ancient people. in fact they play 2 together as the Qaida of Pontos region

image348.jpg

image348.jpg

Attachments

• image348.jpg
    image348.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 97

This thread has been viewed 1196710 times.

Back