Balkanian look

Certainly it shows a great deal of Dinarid influences.

I think if you want to find the real Balkanic look, you need to visit: Montenegro,North Albania,Herzegovina and Dalmatia.

Eldritch, you cant put these people in same group, for instance there is a big difference between us and Albanians in terms of appearance, and Montenegrins also look different from both.

It seems to me that you are talking without any clue...

Croatians, don't strike to me as balkanian looking, in the sense of illirian looking, when in the balkans i saw many "illyrians looking" in Bosnia, so i suppose the balkanian illirian look is bosnian, costal croatian (dalmatian; not slavonian), montenegrin, albanian and northern greece epirotian.
i suppose the peak would be in southern bosnia, montenegro and northern albania.. the albanians tosk are surely mixed with greek, about 50%.
Also this look is very particular and reconizable, at least here in italy, i see this look on albanian immigrants, i can recognize a group of albanians from 15 metres distance without listening to them talking; not thast this look is totally absent from italy, but it's diluited with other looks

how would you descripe the look of this italian goalkeeper (he's ethnic italian) would he be typical of the balkans, as bosnian for example?
Pagliuca.jpg

pagliuca.jpg

gianluca_pagliuca_12092012.jpg

and the look of this other italian footbalplayer?
panucci5.jpg

panucci21.jpg

IDK, they look Itallian i guess.

I told you once again, there is no shared look with Albos, or MNs, so no coastal look or whatever, we look similar to Slavonians not Albos.
.. and if you take in consideration Illyrians, Dalmatians and Panonnians by description by Romans, Greeks, etc were same or similar tribes with same roots.

BTW what do you consider Illyrian look, i am unfamiliar with the term.

well, for sure croatians are higer on illyrian look, expecially croatians from bosnia and dalmatia.
For an illyrian look i intend flat head behind (not long head like in typical types from the mediterranean), prominent usually hooked nose, sort of triangular face.

as for the pictures they don't look stereotypically italian, they look more like they come from the other side of the adriatic, they would be more typical in croatia than in italy; eve if those types are present in italy, because we shares genetic admix close with the balkan people

Maximum Illyrian extention
Illyrianscyties.jpg

I agree here with Julia90: this Italians have something 'dinaric' or 'western balkanic' - I never saw any Illyrian, neither alive nor dead! I think they was more on the 'corded' side, but someones think that northern 'dinaric' type could be a crossing where 'brünn' type took part or a local evolution of 'brünn' -
I think this 'dinaric' influence is seen among Friulians and Venetians and maybe (I don't know) N-Pugglie? -

well, for sure croatians are higer on illyrian look, expecially croatians from bosnia and dalmatia.
For an illyrian look i intend flat head behind (not long head like in typical types from the mediterranean), prominent usually hooked nose, sort of triangular face.

as for the pictures they don't look stereotypically italian, they look more like they come from the other side of the adriatic, they would be more typical in croatia than in italy; eve if those types are present in italy, because we shares genetic admix close with the balkan people

I am not sure why do you think there is like some big difference between north and south Croatians.

As for pictures you posted, guy on first picture indeed could pass as Albanian, but I am not sure if he would be atypical Italian, for other guy, he strikes me more as Itallian or Swiss

I agree here with Julia90: this Italians have something 'dinaric' or 'western balkanic' - I never saw any Illyrian, neither alive nor dead! I think they was more on the 'corded' side, but someones think that northern 'dinaric' type could be a crossing where 'brünn' type took part or a local evolution of 'brünn' -
I think this 'dinaric' influence is seen among Friulians and Venetians and maybe (I don't know) N-Pugglie? -

There is indeed dinarid influence, in italy, for example classical dolicho med like me show a hooked nose, and a bit of profile from dinarization.
But the types is very mixed in italy, and those type look ethnics.. they look steretypically balkanians

But the types is very mixed in italy, and those type look ethnics.. they look stereotypical balkanians

Balkanians is rather broad term, there isnt such thing as stereotypical Balkanians, because most of Balkanians would strike me as foreign in my country.

2 guys you posted have same effect, if anything i would think they are Italians more than anything.

There is indeed dinarid influence, in italy, for example classical dolicho med like me show a hooked nose, and a bit of profile from dinarization.
But the types is very mixed in italy, and those type look ethnics.. they look steretypically balkanians

Why is "classical med", "hooked nose"? first of all, what is classical med?

I have many friulian and veneti friends and I find it very strange that 50% of friulani are far more darker skinned ( similar to julia's post 4 bottom picture) than other northeast italian people, while the veneti from the many I know and seen are about only 10% dark skinned.
I actually find the veneti too fair in skin colour ( sometimes ill looking) , more than normal - like the swiss

Why is "classical med", "hooked nose"? first of all, what is classical med?

Well ancient genes from south east europe, or ancient genes from south west europe (peak in sardinia), or a long time adaption to more solar irradiance, or a mix of those; the general condition to have a dolochocephalic head, at least dark brown hair mattle white to white-brownish skin. while the balkans look has a flat head beahind, they are usually dark haired too, sometimes the seme pigmentation of classical mediterranean italians

JUlia
The flat head behind is not general in Balkans,

it is in bodytypes or looks that does not fit with ancient cultures, mainly connected with populations of Alpine race,

at least in Greece the majority has the at back of the head a small peak to even a big volume,

I am quite familiar with the Balkan look. There is not just one only Balkan look. Eastern Slovenjans look more traditional slavic with a German vibe, while western Slovenjans look identical to Friulans and basically they are both dinarid. Albanians are dinarid too but have something more exotic (don't know how to explain). In general all people from the Balkans can easily pass in Italy and vice versa, especially on the Adriatic side because, as you showed in the picture, there were gentic exchanges from the two sides of the Adriatic. BUT I think that if you exclude Friuli, Apulia and maybe Abruzzo, the rest of the Italians look a bit less Balkanian.

Eldritch, you cant put these people in same group, for instance there is a big difference between us and Albanians in terms of appearance, and Montenegrins also look different from both.

It seems to me that you are talking without any clue...
Not really sure what you mean there but every Anthropological map put this regions in the "Dinaric" racial zone and i have experience with all the afromentioned groups so i'm not talking without clue.

Balkans is a melting point and has greater variance in look than the other parts of Europe. Dinaroid individuals would be just part of a greater variance probably a bit more than the others.

Not really sure what you mean there but every Anthropological map put this regions in the "Dinaric" racial zone and i have experience with all the afromentioned groups so i'm not talking without clue.

For a Finn talking with such confidence isn't that a bit strange? Or you are just a imposter?

Maybe the goalkeeper had some of dinaroid, but he is clearly mostly red. Panucci is even more red than the goalkeeper. His dark hair could be inherited by southern cromanoid

This thread has been viewed 17271 times.

Back