Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

Hi welcome Parthamaspates! Good thing you checked YFull it is a good resource. If you look closer at the CTS6507 clade, there are two men that are designated CTS6507* meaning that they do not belong to the subgroupings that occur below this group. It also means that they are strictly CTS6507+, sharing the same mutation/SNP as you and most related to you.

Here you can see that besides the Italian (from Cagliari, Sardinia) (who is CTS6507+) there is an Iraqi (from Thi Qar in SE Iraq) and Egyptian (Sohag).

ERS256914 960 952 ...T-CTS6507 .....T-Y7794, ....T-Y4963, ....T-Y31474

so branch CTS6507 with the 3 SNP confirmed

I wish you all a happy new year filled with health and success! Thank you for the explanations. I checked also the list on The Y-DNA Haplogroup T (former K2) Project from Family Tree DNA, and found very detailed information about other T-carriers. My question is if one marker is included in my "Y-chromosome raw Data" is it positive ? For example, if CTS2860 is shown it is positive, if it is not included it would mean that it is either not checked or negative am I thinking correctly?

I now know why you chose that user name:
from wiki

"Parthamaspates, was the Roman client king of the Parthian Empire and later of Osroene. He was the son of the Parthian emperor Osroes I."

Exactly, That is why I chose it davef! :LOL: The Parthians were philhellen, used Greek the language, enjoyed Greek theater and Parthamaspates grew up in Roman exile even had a roman wive. I found it quite suitable. I am born and raised in Europe and my way of life and way of thinking is a western way.

Question about My Haplogroup T (Y3781)

Dear Friends,I've recently had my Haplogroup and SNP results from Family Tree DNA.I was confirmed for HG T, SNP Y3781. My great-grandfather was from the Caucasus.Where? No one knows, since he was killed fighting the Bolsheviks.My grandfather and his small family moved to Azerbaijan(Baku) when he was 5 and later to Iran where I and my father where born.They all died when I was a baby and we moved to Canada, so I have no idea about my ancestors.We physically look very middle-eastern with light brown skin as oppose to many tribes of the Caucasus,which have white complexions.If you see me,you would think I'm an Arab man.Does any one know anything about Y3781? Where is it predominant? Correct me if I'm wrong.My theory is that maybe our ancestors came from the Arabic peninsula in the 8th century to conquer south Caucasus,and settled there.The reason I think this is,in the 8th century south Caucasus was under the rule of arab general Yazid Ibn Mazyad al-Shaybani.Shayban tribe is from Bakr Ibn Wail.In todays Arabic sites,this tribe is tested as Haplogroup T.Also in the first Khazar-Arab war, the general was AbduRahman Ibn Rabiah.The Rabiah tribe is also Haplogroup T. Please shed some light on this matter as you are all very knowledgeable and I'm very new to this.Thank you very much dear Friends.-Hamed

Anyone could help me out?

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie here...I am from Rome, Italy.
I was able to understand that my haplogroup is T, but my assignment in the Haplogroup T project is still "obscure" to me... actually, really obscure ))

My kit in FTDNA is: 640824 . Oldest ancestor Cristoforo Iacobini.

In the family we used to know that they came from Spain in 16th century, then to North of Italy (Parma), then in the 17th to Rome, and here we are... but who knows if it's true, if nothing "happened" during the centuries (love is a strange thing...) etc etc.

It seems I am positive at: CTS 933 - CTS6071

Of course.... it says "unmatched" in the FTDNA, but under "
Gamma-1.9-X T-CTS933 (CTS11984-) unmatched"-

It's totally obscure to me. Could you please help me out?
I cannot attach a link yet unfortunately..

Thank you so much for any help you can provide me.

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie here...I am from Rome, Italy.
I was able to understand that my haplogroup is T, but my assignment in the Haplogroup T project is still "obscure" to me... actually, really obscure ))
My kit in FTDNA is: 640824 . Oldest ancestor Cristoforo Iacobini.
In the family we used to know that they came from Spain in 16th century, then to North of Italy (Parma), then in the 17th to Rome, and here we are... but who knows if it's true, if nothing "happened" during the centuries (love is a strange thing...) etc etc.
It seems I am positive at: CTS 933 - CTS6071
Of course.... it says "unmatched" in the FTDNA, but under "
Gamma-1.9-X T-CTS933 (CTS11984-) unmatched"-
It's totally obscure to me. Could you please help me out?
I cannot attach a link yet unfortunately..
Thank you so much for any help you can provide me.
ciao
read this first for an overview
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_T-M184
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Haplogroup_T-M184_tree.png
on here your branch is bottom left ....look for CTS933 and that is your branch , we just need to figure our where you belong
write to
Gareth Henson [email protected] , Group Administrator
very helpful
Anteprima araldica cognome: Iacobini
Ordina adesso il Tuo Documento Araldico
Corona nobiliare IacobiniAntica ed assai nobile famiglia, detta Iacobini o Giacobini, originaria da Collamato (Marche) che poi si trasportò a Staffolo (Diocesi di Osimo) dove godette nobiltà. Le memorie di essa risalgono al 1500 circa, e riconosce come suo capostipite un Ugolino. Tra i personaggi che, maggiormente, le diedero lustro, ricordiamo quel Gio. Battista (1581), dottore in ambo le leggi, segretario di giustizia del principe Ranuccio I Farnese duca di Parma e Modena e del principe Odoardo suo figlio; auditore del cardinale Odoardo Farnese. Costrusse nel 1651, con juspatronato, una cappella in onore di S. Francesco Saverio. Odoardo (1646) fu anche egli dottore in ambo le leggi, ebbe onorevoli incarichi dai duchi di Parma. Si stabilì a Roma, dove, in morte di Clemente X fu Caporione dei Rioni..Costui fu anche giudice delle cause civili e criminali in Campidoglio, assessore della Regione dei Monti e si benemeritò dai Conservatori di Roma, tanto che ...

Iacobini is very likely to be from Jacopo /Jacobo ...........I cannot remember when the J was replaced in italian language to the long I , but northern Italy retained the J for a much longer period

Last edited:
N145191 is now part of my group in the Ftdna T project. His surname is Cockley but he has a identical match with the surname Caquelin so I suspect his ancestry is French. And it is the same family.
BTW.....it is Gockley and not Cockley ..........ancestry given to me was
-Nicholas Caquelin 1650 from Walersbach Alsace has son
-Sebastian Caquelin (1689 - 1751), married Marie Banzet ( Benzing )(1684 - 1733), her parents are Christopher Banzet/Benzing of Bellefosse and Jehanne Neuviller
-Jean Nicholas Caquelin (1718-1796) married Magdalena Barbara Eberly, her parents are Michael Eberly and Veronica Ulrich
I am confused on why Ulrich and Benzing appear as matching me on Ftdna
Banzet must be french for german Benzing
@ Salento ..........anything on your side ?...........I see you still sit with the York England mr.Lee

Last edited:
N145191 is now part of my group in the Ftdna T project. His surname is Cockley but he has a identical match with the surname Caquelin so I suspect his ancestry is French. And it is the same family.
BTW.....it is Gockley and not Cockley ..........ancestry given to me was
-Nicholas Caquelin 1650 from Walersbach Alsace has son
-Sebastian Caquelin (1689 - 1751), married Marie Banzet ( Benzing )(1684 - 1733), her parents are Christopher Banzet/Benzing of Bellefosse and Jehanne Neuviller
-Jean Nicholas Caquelin (1718-1796) married Magdalena Barbara Eberly, her parents are Michael Eberly and Veronica Ulrich
I am confused on why Ulrich and Benzing appear as matching me on Ftdna
Banzet must be french for german Benzing
@ Salento ..........anything on your side ?...........I see you still sit with the York England mr.Lee

You did told me to contact the Admin, but I can’t find that Info. Would you mind to tell me again? Sorry Sile. [emoji846]
At FTDNA I’m still Confirmed T CTS8862, as you know I’m negative for CTS1848 plus the rest, and Z19945 is in Blue, but when a click on it I don’t get the option to test it.

You did told me to contact the Admin, but I can’t find that Info. Would you mind to tell me again? Sorry Sile. [emoji846]
At FTDNA I’m still Confirmed T CTS8862, as you know I’m negative for CTS1848 plus the rest, and Z19945 is in Blue, but when a click on it I don’t get the option to test it.

Gareth Henson
[email protected]

Thank you, Sile. [emoji120] [emoji2]
Just spoke to a mr. Termini who is also T1a2 from Sciacca Sicily.........seems like there are really only 3 areas in Italy for T1a2 ....Eastern Sicliy, then the messapic/north abruzzo /marche areas ( maybe with ancient Sabines in the mix ) and the alps ( usually only south Tyrol, northern veneto as well as north Tyrol with swiss saint-gallen area )
western side of Italian peninsula seems bare unless for migration......slovenia samples are all migrations from Trento ( south Tyrol ) , the croatian islands seem to fit the notion of Dalmatians ( as per book Venice and the slavs ) referred to as the only "illyrians " in the venetian archives as per the book
Tuscany ?!? ...not sure what is there

Just spoke to a mr. Termini who is also T1a2 from Sciacca Sicily.........seems like there are really only 3 areas in Italy for T1a2 ....Eastern Sicliy, then the messapic/north abruzzo /marche areas ( maybe with ancient Sabines in the mix ) and the alps ( usually only south Tyrol, northern veneto as well as north Tyrol with swiss saint-gallen area )
western side of Italian peninsula seems bare unless for migration......slovenia samples are all migrations from Trento ( south Tyrol ) , the croatian islands seem to fit the notion of Dalmatians ( as per book Venice and the slavs ) referred to as the only "illyrians " in the venetian archives as per the book
Tuscany ?!? ...not sure what is there

If T1a2 was present on the Ancient Sabines, and the Legend of the Sabine Women has some truth on it, that also add another explanation for the low frequency of the Haplogroup.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rape_of_the_Sabine_Women

Another T1a2-z19945 match in ftdna
John Brooks .......check link for the john with 3g in his name
https://www.tributaries.info/ui49.htm#a2
his father John 1g ..........is from Windsor, Connecticut.......the same place as the family named Drake from Windsor, Connecticut. They where also haplogroup T

Yfull tree upgrade to 6.02 has made another private SNP for me ....Y70078 4 star .............only change for me
SNP and STR matches have no change ........still have the Bernot family from Walloon Belgium, the Radich family from Hesse Germany and an ancient sardinian from ( i cannot remember his name but starts with F ) the 1200 samples paper

Yfull tree upgrade to 6.02 has made another private SNP for me ....Y70078 4 star .............only change for me
SNP and STR matches have no change ........still have the Bernot family from Walloon Belgium, the Radich family from Hesse Germany and an ancient sardinian from ( i cannot remember his name but starts with F ) the 1200 samples paper

Do you know if Y70078 is right below Z19945, or are there others SNPs between?

Do you know if Y70078 is right below Z19945, or are there others SNPs between?

it replaced A339 which is also private with 3 stars ............Y70078 is higher for me but still private

currently studing medes and maji peoples from Turkmenistan
......some info
Along Y-chromosome DNA haplogroups I M170, and I P215, the third most common haplogroup among the Iranian Zoroastrian Priesthood is T1a2.
While the original I haplogroups appear to go back to the Magis of Zarathustra and BMAC culture, the latter T1a2 haplogroup must hail back to the Median Magi from the West. T1a2 or (T L131) has been found as far East as the Volga-Ural region of Russia and Xinjiang in north-west China. T1a2 penetrated into the Pontic-Caspian Steppe of Eurasia during the Neolithic, and became integrated to the indigenous R1a peoples (Proto Indo Iranians) before their expansion to Central Asia during the Bronze Age.

younger than the T1 ydna hunters that went into Europe pre neolithic times........but still, good to check out....I will keep you posted

currently studing medes and maji peoples from Turkmenistan
......some info
Along Y-chromosome DNA haplogroups I M170, and I P215, the third most common haplogroup among the Iranian Zoroastrian Priesthood is T1a2.
While the original I haplogroups appear to go back to the Magis of Zarathustra and BMAC culture, the latter T1a2 haplogroup must hail back to the Median Magi from the West. T1a2 or (T L131) has been found as far East as the Volga-Ural region of Russia and Xinjiang in north-west China. T1a2 penetrated into the Pontic-Caspian Steppe of Eurasia during the Neolithic, and became integrated to the indigenous R1a peoples (Proto Indo Iranians) before their expansion to Central Asia during the Bronze Age.

younger than the T1 ydna hunters that went into Europe pre neolithic times........but still, good to check out....I will keep you posted

Zoroastrian Mobeds belong to T1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a-CTS6507.

55% of Zoroastrian Priests from India = L1
25% of Zoroastrian Priests from Iran = T1a

Zoroastrian Mobeds belong to T1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a-CTS6507.

i expect all 4 T haplogroups to be involved ................since the founder of Zorastrian was born in Turkmenistan , I will be checking it out ..
will check on
Mobeds
Maji
Medes
and bactrian societies

it replaced A339 which is also private with 3 stars ............Y70078 is higher for me but still private

this private Y70078 only appeared in the latest Yfull tree....6.02

only has A339 previously

this private Y70078 only appeared in the latest Yfull tree....6.02

only has A339 previously

Yfull now has me with a private SNP BY32027 in hg38 system .............BY = bigY after y500 results

Another T1a2-z19945 match in ftdna
John Brooks .......check link for the john with 3g in his name
https://www.tributaries.info/ui49.htm#a2
his father John 1g ..........is from Windsor, Connecticut.......the same place as the family named Drake from Windsor, Connecticut. They where also haplogroup T
John Brooks goes back to the 1600s, around Connecticut (as you know, the proximity is just a coincidence).
I can’t find an updated reliable source about Thomas Jefferson relatives Y T subgroups.
I’ve probably been looking in the wrong places.
Jefferson and Brooks were contemporary, and .... , you know what I mean. What if.

This thread has been viewed 466883 times.

Back