Breakdown of Y-DNA distribution in Belgium by province

Hello Maciamo,

How can U106 be that high in Luxembourg (near the level of Netherlands)? Did the Franks settled in great number in Luxembourg and replaced the celtic tribe ? or just ruled the already present population ?

Maybe we need to wait for more samples before drawing conclusion (like the undersampled 40% of U106 in the province of Luxembourg in Wallonia).

By the way, thank you for your work.

Luxembourgers speak a Frankish dialect, so it is undeniable that the Franks settled there in number high enough to become linguistically dominant over Latin speakers.

Luxembourgers speak a Frankish dialect, so it is undeniable that the Franks settled there in number high enough to become linguistically dominant over Latin speakers.

Thanks for the info

Now, what I don't understand is the low percentage of l1 and R1a in Luxembourg since the Franks carried them too.

Hi all ! It’s been some time there was no message in this thread but , I’m doing research about history of Belgium and especially wallonia and I try to find out the possibility of a Frankish descent of modern day Walloons. I know from historical research that the franks were implanted in several regions of wallonia. So is anybody know the percentage of Frankish / germanic bloodlines in wallonia ?

This thread has been viewed 51953 times.

Back