Carlos

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-V22/YF66572
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c5c1
maxresdefault.jpg

It could also be extended to the handsome and postmodern Vikings.

Unquestionably Hollywood has a fix with U.K. Viking or Roman theme in historical films.

I have realized that they are renewing the genre every X generations, lest anyone in the world forget that the interesting thing and the pattern of the universal model are these three monothematic themes.

There have also been productions of historical cultures from other countries, for example Japan, e.t.c. but curiously about the argument appears a character who is usually English because by time could not be American and coming from nothing to that culture gets to be the number one, the most handsome, intelligent and the best manages the situation without a course of 15 days.

Each country makes the films that it wants, but evidently the North American production is seen later in all the world, in short that they are bought in other countries that are already up to the cap of the history in cinema of U.K. Vikings, postmodern Romans; although in the case of Imperial Rome as everyone knows the emperors, wives, relatives e.t.c. They have an English look and the centurions are indeterminate but they look like very perfect between German, English and American. In short, the Italians make a film production about the Roman Empire made with Italian actors and the public is shocked, it can not be Italian!

94da5bea14428602ebabf3180d538f21.jpg

fa237fe257097f843364250c88675f26--europe-traditional.jpg

maxresdefault1.jpg

Handsome and postmodern Vikings who fight for ideals.

Canadian and Irish producer. Just tell the Canadian producers, since I also watch TV productions in documentary that the Vikings were also going for the gold, because everyone is going for the gold.
I have already seen in his documentaries the treatment they give in their productions to the topic of the discovery and conquest of America by the Spaniards, yes by the SPANIARDS.

220px-Posterofcenturion.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

All the films made by Hollyood about the Roman Empire are based on Britain. Listen? The Romans took 200 years to conquer Hispania and because there was no union among the Hispanic peoples otherwise it would never have been conquered.
We are tired. Are they going to renew these themes for each generation? In the end we will get tired of the same issues.
Are they capable of making a film about another country, another culture in which no English character appears by surprise?

In the world there are dozens of countries with myths, legends, local histories, kings and queens. Agree that U.K. It is one of the countries that have changed the course of humanity because of its importance, but in the same way France, Portugal, Spain e.t.c. even Italy apart from the Roman Empire, the Borgias and something else. Belgium did not even name it in America and other places could not be placed on the world map,
Although there are themes to make movies, people know that there were the glorious Spaniards and then in more modern times there is also a theme. In Spain there is a popular saying that when someone annoys you, they are told: "I am going to send you to the Belgian Congo", or "go to the Belgian Congo". As a child I did not understand it, after I understood it.

Germany and I do not name it because the poor all Hollywood productions we already know about the subject they are, I imagine that they will also have myths, legends and have had kings and queens as to make a film in Hollywood.
Do you want us to believe that the British, Vikings, Romans were superior to the rest of the world or how is this much movie of the same?

C_6.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

It could also be extended to the handsome and postmodern Vikings.

Unquestionably Hollywood has a fix with U.K. Viking or Roman theme in historical films.

I have realized that they are renewing the genre every X generations, lest anyone in the world forget that the interesting thing and the pattern of the universal model are these three monothematic themes.

There have also been productions of historical cultures from other countries, for example Japan, e.t.c. but curiously about the argument appears a character who is usually English because by time could not be American and coming from nothing to that culture gets to be the number one, the most handsome, intelligent and the best manages the situation without a course of 15 days.

Each country makes the films that it wants, but evidently the North American production is seen later in all the world, in short that they are bought in other countries that are already up to the cap of the history in cinema of U.K. Vikings, postmodern Romans; although in the case of Imperial Rome as everyone knows the emperors, wives, relatives e.t.c. They have an English look and the centurions are indeterminate but they look like very perfect between German, English and American. In short, the Italians make a film production about the Roman Empire made with Italian actors and the public is shocked, it can not be Italian!

I just finished the second season of "Medici" on Netflix. Honestly, I kept watching mainly to see Florence up close and personal and the art reproductions, because somehow they took a very dramatic and romantic period and made it boring.

Much of the blame is on the actors they chose to portray Lorenzo and Giuliano de Medici, not Italian, either of them, bearing no resemblance whatsoever to the original historical characters, and terrible actors on top of it. When Lorenzo is supposed to be riddled with indecision and full of anxiety for not only his family but Florence, he looks like he just has a toothache. Plus, he has about as much charisma and sex appeal as a wet noodle. There are good Italian actors in the minor roles, but it's not enough to save this snoozer.

The real Lorenzo:
Lorenzo-de-Medici.jpg

The fake Lorenzo: I mean, really? Does this look like the ruthless banker and politician of the history books? I know he was an intensely cultured man, and one of the greatest patron of the arts to ever live, but there was a whole other side to him.

Medici-Richard.jpg

Giuliano:
7420-portrait-of-giuliano-de-medici-sandro-botticelli.jpg

The fake Giuliano, who has none of the arrogance and swagger and brute masculinity of the historical person.
9863086a957e485589f6b562d364be87.jpg

Then, strangely, they have a beautiful but quite dark and robust Italian actress portray the quite delicate Lucrezia Donati, Lorenzo's mistress. She's a good actress, though, so there's that.
2006AC5589_jpg_ds.jpg

Alessandra-Mastronardi-Lucrezia-Donati-IMedici2.jpg

I won't even get into the liberties they took with the facts, i.e. the affair between Giuliano and Simonetta Vespucci, Botticelli's muse, is extremely dubious.

12_Portrait_of_a_Woman_jpg.jpg

However, countries are free to make the movies they wish. The U. S. is an "Anglo" country. English history is the most familiar "foreign" history to them. The Vikings always sell, because young men like to watch fighting and mayhem. To some extent, that's why they like movies about Rome. They're also familiar with ancient Rome because of the history they learn and because of the many movies made in the past about it.

If other countries, and that goes for Italy as well, want their own history on the big screen told their own way then they should take it upon themselves to raise the money and make those movies.

Actually the casting for the Medici that you have shown is not accurate, I know something about cinema, since I am a film scriptwriter and I also studied dramatic art, getting to have a role in a film and two short films.
Here in Spain many sectors are now complaining that there are no historical productions, Blas de Lezo, Cortés, e.t.c. In Spain, cinema is in the hands of the extreme left, subsidized and productions are made even against Spain.
Now it has begun to broadcast productions of t.v. on Spanish, German, Swiss, Swedish, e.t.c. but the other day I was seeing one of a couple of Germans who are driving in their car in Mallorca and run over a motorcyclist, the German couple gets out of the car and the German takes his wallet and gets to give the Spanish bills up to 400 The Spanish takes the money and limps away. Let's see, I could not believe it and I thought what kind of garbage writer and garbage of German producer consented such barbarity, then it turns out that the run over was a lawyer, a nonsense, stop watching it, better watch American TV series if at this point We are going to be in that plan in Europe.

Colón.

1:46`
Isabel l de Castilla's characterization is to say: Where is flamenco tablao? and I even doubt that flamenco existed at that time.

I doubt very much that Isabel de Castilla had received Colon with her hair down.

Isabel II was the one who introduced the "peineta" comb to the court in response to French fashion, not Isabel l

watch

In this Spanish production for t.v. You can see the meeting of Queen Isabel of Castile with Columbus, it is not the first meeting, but as you can see the Queen of Castile does not receive Columbus as a whore.

I watched the serie Vikings and I checked some details and it seems to me the story is pretty genuine, what cannot be said of many other historical movies/series.
Where historical details are unknown it is intertwined with some legends/myths of which some parts obviously cannot be true.

94da5bea14428602ebabf3180d538f21.jpg

fa237fe257097f843364250c88675f26--europe-traditional.jpg

maxresdefault1.jpg

Handsome and postmodern Vikings who fight for ideals.

Canadian and Irish producer. Just tell the Canadian producers, since I also watch TV productions in documentary that the Vikings were also going for the gold, because everyone is going for the gold.
I have already seen in his documentaries the treatment they give in their productions to the topic of the discovery and conquest of America by the Spaniards, yes by the SPANIARDS.

I beg to differ about the Vikings series. The "ideals" of the vikings represented in it are very realistic and surprisingly non-romanticized for a TV show. They are very clear about what drives them: glory, wealth, fame, honor, revenge, power. The plot does not sugar them too much, and to anyone with a sane mind they do come off as people with loose morals but a strong sense of personal pride and honor, and people who think too much about power, wealth and personal fame (being told as a glorious and invincible warrior and all of that). Even their family and friendship ties are dependant on the present interests. The Anglo-Saxons are also depicted like that, but with much more Christian hypocrisy and more cunning ways. I think it is mostly spot on. They do not come off as admirable heroes if you have a good sense of justice, but they are not monsters either.

^^^
Please can you give me the dentist number of the Viking series.

Xfduq.jpg

braveheart.jpg

2411520-B.jpg

images

images

images

What's wrong? Everyone around him seems to be calm.
It made havoc in the carnivals of those years, I felt embarrassed by others.

I much preferred "The Last Kingdom", although I thought it was marred by "postmodern", 21st century anti-Christianity prejudice and bias.

The "Northmen" or Vikings don't come across very well at all imo, although some of them have good qualities. Well, the Anglo-Saxons are not all shining lights either. Of course, they give a lot of the best qualities to the "hero", Uhtred, an Anglo-Saxon raised for a big part of his life as a "Dane".

I think men probably view the "Vikings" differently. My son thought they were "awesome". :)

the-last-kingdom-season-3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mryekqjzaUw

I'm all for the intellectual, brilliant Alfred and his vision.

The irony for people obsessed with "nationalism" is that there probably wasn't very much of a difference genetically between the Anglo-Saxons and the Danes.

^^^
Please can you give me the dentist number of the Viking series.

Sorry, sometimes I do not get foreign humor. That is, you could explain what you meant if you really wanted to start a discussion and not just to have people read and agree with your opinions.

I much preferred "The Last Kingdom", although I thought it was marred by "postmodern", 21st century anti-Christianity prejudice and bias.

The "Northmen" or Vikings don't come across very well at all imo, although some of them have good qualities. Well, the Anglo-Saxons are not all shining lights either. Of course, they give a lot of the best qualities to the "hero", Uhtred, an Anglo-Saxon raised for a big part of his life as a "Dane".

I think men probably view the "Vikings" differently. My son thought they were "awesome". :)

the-last-kingdom-season-3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mryekqjzaUw

I'm all for the intellectual, brilliant Alfred and his vision.

The irony for people obsessed with "nationalism" is that there probably wasn't very much of a difference genetically between the Anglo-Saxons and the Danes.

Interesting, I did not know this series. I will check it out, if I enjoyed Vikings albeit with some reservations then I might enjoy it too. Thanks!

lagfertha-use.jpg

BB9.jpg

images

58.jpg

Already when I studied film screenplay and t.v. we were told that at present the treatment given to women in the scripts had changed for obvious reasons towards gender equality. It is an analysis that I do. Anyway I have not seen a single chapter of the vikings series I did not even know it existed, I was really looking for film images. With these frames it is enough to see the treatment that is given to the monster theme viking in the cinema and the t.v. of the largest producers and exporters of t.v. and cinema.

imo this viking stuff and also the romans sell because the main target group in america and europe, mainly america, like these groups since they are part of the old romanticized european history. and because they are the most popular people in america. why not make a movie about some celts, or germanics fighting romans? because in america they are unciviliced barbarian loosers compared to rome. or cowards compared to the vikings. slavs? those filthy communists. the reason why they only show romans in britain with anglo actors is because they want to make them as "european" as possible in the eyes of their audience or as similar as possible to their audience so anglos. this picture would not look so good if the romans were not europeans but just romans with people from many different regions including people from regions that do not have a good reputation anymore in the west.
its the same with the ancient greeks. these people have to be "europeans" simply because of how strong their influence on modern europe is. maybe i'm just making things up and they just try to take the most popular actors that are available and just do not really care about historical accuracy in this regard.
but it's everywhere the same. in china the movies about chinese history are more popular than those about romans or vikings.

^^Please take your nordicism and talk of Romans and Greeks not being "European" back to theapricty, stormfront and skadi where I'm sure you feel more at home.

We don't want it here.

of course on one hand, it is escapism, being in another world for some time and on the other hand, we want to recognise something of ourselves in it
and that is what the moviemakers try to give us in order to sell their product

but like in Vikings, there is no effort to make them look good, but they are genuine and consequent in their lifestyle and believs
and the Anglo-Saxons, they don't look good at all in the series

it is totally different form the movies or series they made 30 years ago or so, when the views were much more one-sided

^^Please take your nordicism and talk of Romans and Greeks not being "European" back to theapricty, stormfront and skadi where I'm sure you feel more at home.

We don't want it here.

this isnt my view but the one of the main audience. i put the word in quotation marks for a reason. there is this black and white thinking with nothing inbetween especially in america. imagine a hollywood movie about Mehmet II or Attilla or Djinghis Khan or about Xerxes. no instead you get crusaders fighting evil islam. spartans, who again did not look like spartans fighting evil persians with dark features or vikings fighting for their old pagan believes. they can only produce what they can sell. and the best stuff you can sell when it comes to history is pride. the romans and vikings are both people that are glorified in america. and they have to be similar to anglos.

It will harm the Italian film industry when it decides to make Roman films. The world public is accustomed to see a Roman film where the protagonists of royalty and army are Anglo-Saxons in appearance or as much Scottish, British in definitava, the most English Roman royalty. It is a paradox but when Italy presents the productions worldwide the audience will say: They are not Romans!

This thread has been viewed 15518 times.

Back