How did I2a-Din get to the Balkans?

How did I2a-Din get to the Balkans?

• Total voters
Sparkey, I recently mentioned this on another thread... The Dacians "look" haplogroup I to me, including the leadership. This is a totally unscientific observation, but the statues show full beards, large frames, wider faces, wavy hair. They seem almost Norse in appearance. The sculptors were really able to capture alot of detail in their work.

With Croatshttp://www.hkz-kkv.ch/slike/bijela_hr.jpghttp://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4391/balanowsky2012.png

Dumb question, but what hg would Jason and the Argonauts have the best chance of being a member?

The Argonauts would almost have to be a branch of I wouldn't they?

After more research, I think they would have been a mix of sea peoples--so maybe I2, J2, G, and E?

it is funny,
R1 came from steppes after 3500 BC, R1b and R1a
Sea peoples who are mentioned after 2000 BC were I2 J2 G E,
N Hg is very rare and very North,
J1 is mostly Semitic and rare,
let me see...
So Varna culture at 4000 BC was only I1, cause that is what left, at least in Greece, before steppe and sea peoples,

Funny is n't it?

I go back and forth on the age of haplogroup I1. Does Varna hold verifiable proof of ancient I1? What about I2a-Din?

This is another proof that makes this haplogroup ancestral of Slavs.[/QUOTE]What´s the "proof",Eldritch?

OK.And?Exactly wich part of the link support your assumption?
Here it is.

Bernie Cullen said:
He is
identical to the other Dinarics with two exceptions:

he is ancestral (A) for CTS10228
he is ancestral (T) for CTS5966

He is derived for three other SNPs like the other Dinarics:
CTS10936
CTS11768
CTS4002

(the Disles guy is ancestral for all 5 of these SNPs).

(Also, the new Polish guy is ancestral for the SNP found only in the Disles
guy, he is ancestral for the SNP found only in one Greek Dinaric, and he is
ancestral for the SNP found only in one Jewish cluster Dinaric)

Probably you mean I-M223 not I2a1b.

I mean I2. Ostrogoths were one of many tribes that emerged out of Scythia. Do not be mislead by their name, given to them by Romans. Ostrogoths were not a Germanic tribe and had zero connection to "Swedish" Goths, i.e. Adolf Hitler's Nordics. Ostrogoths did not speak a Germanic language, which is the truth that Germans do not like to hear as it undermines their Drang Nach Osten policy.

I mean I2. Ostrogoths were one of many tribes that emerged out of Scythia. Do not be mislead by their name, given to them by Romans. Ostrogoths were not a Germanic tribe and had zero connection to "Swedish" Goths, i.e. Adolf Hitler's Nordics. Ostrogoths did not speak a Germanic language, which is the truth that Germans do not like to hear as it undermines their Drang Nach Osten policy.

No.....
Ostrogoths lived for some period of time in the region of today's Dalmatia but they continued their movement to the west. More precisely, they left Dalmatia and settled Italy.

Do we have I2a Dinaric in Italy? As far as I know, it is not true.

Ostrogoths spoke the language similar to their neighbours'. Germans were not there.

This thread has been viewed 1064168 times.

Back