Adam Driver ethnicity

Uneasy to say, but I think you have more chances to find a man like him in east-central Europe than in traditional Britain or Germany. Some central Asian input could appear, but not at the level of 50%. ATW we know a small quantities of genes can produce a strong phenotypical differenciation even with an allover common auDNA.

Indeed, but France and Germany and Great Britain, countries from which he draws his genetic ancestry, are not 50% Central Asian, or probably not even a few percent Central Asian.

When you get admixture from a lot of countries, even if they are all northwestern or western Europeans, a sort of "pseudo" similarity can show in your appearance.

That may be what Calf is seeing, although I don't see it at all myself.

I just see a rather funny looking American "mutt", as I said.
It's not pseudo of someone has central Asian traits but is western European. It would be absurd to assume that people with these traits have central Asian ancestry if they come from Hungary, Turkey or something. That is like saying from a certain point it suddenly becomes a coincidence when people have these traits, in a small place like Europe.

Wes Borland also is of scottish decent and shows "exotic" traits as well.
https://www.google.com/search?q=wes...r7A4cQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1280&bih=609&dpr=1.5

The admixture happened in central Europe and then descendants migrated to the British isles.

Besides, is there a study that explicitly DENIES that people with these features have it from central Asian admixture?

Uneasy to say, but I think you have more chances to find a man like him in east-central Europe than in traditional Britain or Germany. Some central Asian input could appear, but not at the level of 50%. ATW we know a small quantities of genes can produce a strong phenotypical differenciation even with an allover common auDNA.
I think people in Western Europe have inherited these features as well, just generally more diluted, like British isles. Some people happen to inherit enough "exotic" dna to look this way.

It's not pseudo of someone has central Asian traits but is western European. It would be absurd to assume that people with these traits have central Asian ancestry if they come from Hungary, Turkey or something. That is like saying from a certain point it suddenly becomes a coincidence when people have these traits, in a small place like Europe.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wes...r7A4cQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1280&bih=609&dpr=1.5

The admixture happened in central Europe and then descendants migrated to the British isles.

Besides, is there a study that explicitly DENIES that people with these features have it from central Asian admixture?

Do you think you could manage to drop the argumentativeness and attitude? These kinds of threads are supposed to be fun. They're also, by their nature, SUBJECTIVE. Do you get that?

I don't see anything "Central Asian" in him whatsoever. You do. Hooray for you.

Lets move on.

I don't see anything "Central Asian" in him whatsoever. You do. Hooray for you.
That is because you see only people with stereotypical "chincky" traits as having central asian admixtures.
There are example of wide eyed people who still have an Asian "pull" in their features and bone structure.
And central Asian also assumes Iranic traits, besides "mongoloid".

And I don't see what's wrong with my attitude, so it must the argument itself that you don't like for some mysterious reason.

I think people in Western Europe have inherited these features as well, just generally more diluted, like British isles. Some people happen to inherit enough "exotic" dna to look this way.

Very possible, and everywhere, at low levels. That said, this man has some uncommon "taste" in his facial features, but I find hard to determine precisely this "taste" origin. And yes, Hungary is the first impression I got, nothing more.

Not to co,tradict you concerning the first man incause, but for Borland (an American whose I ignore the complete ancestral making) I see nothing evocating 'central-asian'* ancestry
*:to be defined, in fact: some 'europoid' mix with a taste of 'east-asian' of any sort?

That is because you see only people with stereotypical "chincky" traits as having central asian admixtures.
There are example of wide eyed people who still have an Asian "pull" in their features and bone structure.
And central Asian also assumes Iranic traits, besides "mongoloid".

And I don't see what's wrong with my attitude, so it must the argument itself that you don't like for some mysterious reason.
Yes,that is what i ment by central asian, more like iranian,not so much east Asian.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

I did read the posts ,and i started this post. I wanted to know what he looked like, his ethnicity might be ,not for people to look it up on the internet. Like guessing. Because he looked different than normal Western Europeans.[emoji3]

Idk, he's got a long angular face, kind of reminds me of those Modigliani paintings.

There is definitely some exotic look to him that doesn't belong in most of Europe.
e5eebb6e9ccbb69e8b97362d11877056.jpg
1421e1a2a4601231f88998318e5c597f.jpg
2b0b9fd662ff9d81414cc91f920e62b2.jpg

Finally some remarks were not stupid: one could see some I-Afghan input + very light taste of 'east-asian' (?) among more common features. But as we know, some unusual combinations of uniquely 'europoids' subgroups could produce "exotic" features.
Concerning the aim of these threads, yes, it's preferable to play without to know the origin of the person, where could be the fun otherwise?

Finally some remarks were not stupid: one could see some I-Afghan input + very light taste of 'east-asian' (?) among more common features. But as we know, some unusual combinations of uniquely 'europoids' subgroups could produce "exotic" features.
Concerning the aim of these threads, yes, it's preferable to play without to know the origin of the person, where could be the fun otherwise?
Maybe the as you said "uniquely 'europoids' subgroups could produce "exotic" features" is yamnaya phenotypes from the grasslands of central asia/ ukraine?

Maybe the as you said "uniquely 'europoids' subgroups could produce "exotic" features" is yamnaya phenotypes from the grasslands of central asia/ ukraine?

I wasn't specially thinking in them. I saw only ONE Yamnaya man's skull todate, or read some "serious" abstracts but in them very vaguely described Yamnaya people without skulls measures, so I know little. Yamnaya men apparently were as a mean high and robust, with features bewteen 'east-mediter' types (I translate with caution 'irano-afghan') and some mean of 'europoid' HG's badly defined, except thay had strong "brutal" bones structures, with so said "large and rather broad" faces; my feeling is that in East the HG's were broader for cheekbones (byzygoma) than for lower jaw (bigonial). We may say the HG's heritage was a bit stronger than the southern one. Uneasy to me to say more, except I suppose that some very light Siberian ('north-asian') input was present (some traces acquired during the Steppes neolithic with eastern input).

At first glance he struck me as a "regular White" American dude with a little Native American admixture.

Your first glance guess seems pretty accurate to me. :)

People obsess on one feature, when it is the totality of the features which tell you the origin of a person. It helps if you've seen in real life a lot of people of that ethnicity, which, in the case of American "mutts", most Europeans have not.

Maybe so exotic like the young Roger Waters

PrqLgc1.jpg

mZXJ6n9.jpg

sSn1iTC.jpg

0ZtwzeH.jpg

Excellent.

A Pink Floyd fan? Me too. :)

That’s wonderful, Angela. I love Pink Floyd too. I have all the band's records, including the originals on vinyl. My son is also a die-hard fan of the band and plays several string instruments inspiring himself in Roger Waters and David Gilmour. These are instant pictures that I taken now of the bedroom of my son, taking advantage of him not at home right now because is working out of home today , lol. The painting on the bedroom wall, displayed above the headboard, is a representation of the most important albums in Pink Floyd's history.

SW1aQT2.jpg

KbB3js4.jpg

This thread has been viewed 9351 times.

Back