The genomic history of the Aegean palatial civilizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the specific diagrams (Die Reise unserer Gene-Eine Geschicte uber uns und unsere vorfahren)-with regards to the spread of Yersinia Pestis evolutionary phylogeny trail. There are no corresponding Yamnaya snp's to correspond with the phylogeny Yersinia Pestis samples. If one takes the time to match these snp's, one can see that the outbreak of Yersinia Pestis in Sweden cannot be linked with the migration on the steppe, unlike the same branch of Yersinia found in R1a Corded Ware sample from Baltic and R1b-Z2103 sample from Vucedol.
Rise and fall in city states come and go in cycles. https://www.eupedia.com/genetics/ancient_italy.shtml
Latini tribe R1016-- R1b-Z2103 sample from Castel di Decima 900-700 bc arrived at the beginning of the ascent of Rome before it reached the 1000 000+/- in peak population. The decline in Rome 30,000 came from the corruption and collapse from within, urban wealth, property and or farmland became a burden to be stolen or taxed by corrupt leaders.
The old saying what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine. Either the leaders work for you, or you work for the leaders.

My dear Angela, I can't prove you wrong.
Because in your mind the steppe and Nordic people are the plague in person.
Your aversion is so strong, you can't keep it for yourself.
From time to time I feel the urge to react.

You can't prove me wrong because the genetic data, history and archaeology are all in my favor. That's why you can't address any of my points.

Apparently, when you do bother to keep up with and read the genetics papers you misinterpret them, and you seem to have no background whatsoever in ancient history and archaeology. That may explain a lot of it, along with your bias.

Kristiansen and Copenhagen group and his Kurganist followers said-Yamnaya men “switched identities” into Corded Ware, then “switched identities” into Bell Beakers…So, the most aggresive peoples who have ever existed, exterminating all other Europeans, were actually not so violent when embracing wholly different cultures-These great great steppe-like northerners switched culture, cephalic index…and Y-chromosome from R1a-M417, R1b-Z2103, I2a-L699 to R1b-L151. In other words, a swarthy Yamnaya R1b-Z2103 rider, tall and dolichocephalic with a good percentage of blood originating in the Caucasus and Iran, leaves all his steppe customs and becomes, thanks to his magic wand, first into a CWC R1a-M417 with his battle axes and his stone age culture and later on a Central European brachycephalic R1b-L51> P312, and all this without changing his language. Wonderful right?

I'm sure those marvels over at Anthrogenica can conjure up an answer.
The Kurganist/Steppe Theory is like a religion to them.:LOL::useless:

In material terms, the Steppe people were hardly a boon.

Don't bother, Vallicanus. These people have no understanding of history or archaeology.

Listen to the nonsense posted that the fall of the Roman Empire was only bad for Rome. That's someone who has not picked up even a high school level book of European history.

By the FAll, ALL OF EUROPE WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE EMPIRE WAS ROME, a Europe with education for the young, extremely high levels of literacy, functioning roads linking all areas of Europe and facilitating the exchange of goods, bathing facilities, heated floors or at least properly vented fireplaces, theaters, sports facilities, clean water from aqueducts, drained swamps to reduce malaria, sewers etc. Also, for these same uninformed folks, they considered themselves ROMANS.

Do these ignorant people really have to be reminded what EUROPE became? Barbarians tearing down monumentally beautiful buildings, letting the aqueducts fall into disrepair, same for the sewers, building bonfires in the middle of their "castles" for heat, straw on the floors soon littered with dog droppings and meat bones, pieces of bread, feces falling down the sides of their tower walls into the moats, polluted water etc. Their castles were so toxic they had to leave every few months to go live in another castle so the previous one could be freshened. The poor serfs, who were the vast majority of the population had no such escape valve. Then there were the fevers from the mosquitos of reclaimed land returning to marsh, roads becoming overgrown, and those that survived impossibly dangerous because of brigands, which led to a precipitous drop in trade and most people barely traveling from the grounds of the "Lord's" castle. Oh and let's not forget they didn't bathe anymore. Hell, people didn't start bathing frequently in Europe until almost the 20th century. More important, there was near universal illiteracy. Their nobility couldn't read and write for God's sake. It was a hell hole, called the "DARK AGES" for a reason.

Can you believe the ignorance of saying that EUROPE didn't suffer from the Germanic invasions and the Huns after them?

It's just like the WOKEISTS. They don't want anyone to know any history either; that way they can spout any propaganda they wish, and there will be no one to contradict them.

As for the continuing nonsense that there was no killing or enslavement of males, I will repeat: the male lines virtually disappeared, but NOT the MtDNA lines. Do you think starvation and plague somehow spared the females???? Have some intellectual honesty.

Gene-flow from steppe individuals into Cucuteni-Trypillia associated populations indicates long-standing contacts and gradual admixture-Alexander Immel (2.019)-

Recently, it was hypothesized that due to their high population densities, the CTC megasettlements served as a focus point for the emergence and large-scale radiation of Y. pestis lineages across Eurasia during the Neolithic. Amongst the four Moldovan specimens, we did not detect any signals of a Y. pestis infection, although the three individuals from Pocrovca were discovered in a multiple burial (without any traces of violence), which would render death due to an epidemic event plausible. Interestingly, we detected steppe-related ancestry in the Late Eneolithic CTC burials from the Republic of Moldova. The presence of this component suggests moderate genetic influx from individuals affiliated with steppe cultures into the CTC associated gene-pool as early as 3500 BCE; at the same time, archaeological evidence display an increase of quantity of Tripolyerelated finds in the steppe area. Thus, the steppe component had arrived in the eastern part of the continent in farmer communities well before it first appeared in the west, i.e. in the Corded Ware people around 2800 BCE. This finding establishes eastern Europe as an old genetic contact zone between locals and incoming steppe people, which is supported by two other early dating specimens from Ukraine

One likely source population that could have introduced the steppe ancestry component into the CTC gene-pool might have been individuals associated with the eastern Eurasian M****ithic, e.g. the Ukraine M****ithic people, Eastern hunter-gatherers or even later-dating Yamnaya steppe pastoralists. However, this hypothesis challenges a previously published scenario of Yamnaya horsemen massively migrating in war into central Europe

NO Yersinia pestis and NO massive migrations

You can't prove me wrong because the genetic data, history and archaeology are all in my favor. That's why you can't address any of my points.

Apparently, when you do bother to keep up with and read the genetics papers you misinterpret them, and you seem to have no background whatsoever in ancient history and archaeology. That may explain a lot of it, along with your bias.

Well, well Angela, all this because I questioned your claim :

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...izations/page4?p=623117&viewfull=1#post623117

'It would seem so, but that is very far north. As I've said previously in this thread, as they moved south the steppe percentage became lower and lower.

As I also speculated upthread (and provided data for the changes between the EBA and MBA in Greece), the coming of the steppe heavy "proto-Greeks", far from bringing civilization, almost completely destroyed EBA Greece, bringing poverty and decline, probably disease too; settlements abandoned, poor grave goods etc.

It's been the same story everywhere.

Other than the domesticated horse, their language, their "sky" gods, and a hugely militaristic and aggressive bent to society, they brought nothing of value except the domesticated horse.

The authors are naïve if they think there has been 90% survival since the Log samples. Even if the Slavs didn't have the impact people have speculated (which I always tended to doubt), they must have had some, even if the overall similarity in terms of very ancient samples is the same as LOG samples. You have to have samples in every period, so you can see the proximate populations involved.'

Prove it to me.
How do you know EBA Greece was almost completely destroyed by the steppe people?
Because I'm unable to properly interprete this paper.

Don't bother, Vallicanus. These people have no understanding of history or archaeology.

Listen to the nonsense posted that the fall of the Roman Empire was only bad for Rome. That's someone who has not picked up even a high school level book of European history.

By the FAll, ALL OF EUROPE WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE EMPIRE WAS ROME, a Europe with education for the young, extremely high levels of literacy, functioning roads linking all areas of Europe and facilitating the exchange of goods, bathing facilities, heated floors or at least properly vented fireplaces, theaters, sports facilities, clean water from aqueducts, drained swamps to reduce malaria, sewers etc. Also, for these same uninformed folks, they considered themselves ROMANS.

Do these ignorant people really have to be reminded what EUROPE became? Barbarians tearing down monumentally beautiful buildings, letting the aqueducts fall into disrepair, same for the sewers, building bonfires in the middle of their "castles" for heat, straw on the floors soon littered with dog droppings and meat bones, pieces of bread, feces falling down the sides of their tower walls into the moats, polluted water etc. Their castles were so toxic they had to leave every few months to go live in another castle so the previous one could be freshened. The poor serfs, who were the vast majority of the population had no such escape valve. Then there were the fevers from the mosquitos of reclaimed land returning to marsh, roads becoming overgrown, and those that survived impossibly dangerous because of brigands, which led to a precipitous drop in trade and most people barely traveling from the grounds of the "Lord's" castle. Oh and let's not forget they didn't bathe anymore. Hell, people didn't start bathing frequently in Europe until almost the 20th century. More important, there was near universal illiteracy. Their nobility couldn't read and write for God's sake. It was a hell hole, called the "DARK AGES" for a reason.

Can you believe the ignorance of saying that EUROPE didn't suffer from the Germanic invasions and the Huns after them?

It's just like the WOKEISTS. They don't want anyone to know any history either; that way they can spout any propaganda they wish, and there will be no one to contradict them.

As for the continuing nonsense that there was no killing or enslavement of males, I will repeat: the male lines virtually disappeared, but NOT the MtDNA lines. Do you think starvation and plague somehow spared the females???? Have some intellectual honesty.

if you argue like this you could say that the fall of rome was bad for the entire world that wasn't "civilized". all of europe within the bounderies of rome was more or less roman but not all of europe was rome. why do you focus on "europe" so much? it didn't even really have a meaning back then.

"have some intellectual honesty" say that to Krause if you want.

How do you know EBA Greece was almost completely destroyed by the steppe people?
Because I'm unable to properly interprete this paper.

Let's put it this way.

What could pastoral steppe people like these early IE types contribute to any settled culture?

Monumental architecture, fixed abodes, advanced craftsmanship, literacy, agriculture?

None of the above.

Let's put it this way.

What could pastoral steppe people like these early IE types contribute to any settled culture?

Monumental architecture, fixed abodes, advanced craftsmanship, literacy, agriculture?

None of the above.

Maybe pastoral steppe people didn't judge people who had new ideas(like Giordano Bruno)as a threat to their survival.

Maybe pastoral steppe people didn't judge people who had new ideas(like Giordano Bruno)as a threat to their survival.

Let's get real here.

The Steppe people had only one talent...WAR.
They were bereft of any manual or intellectual skills.

Let's get real here.

The Steppe people had only one talent...WAR.
They were bereft of any manual or intellectual skills.

I will add Democracy as well. Early Democracy could be identified in pastoral tribes.

It is equally common to suggest that this practice disappeared with the invention of agriculture—Robert Dahl said this in his 1998 book On Democracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I will add Democracy as well. Early Democracy could be identified in pastoral tribes.

It is equally common to suggest that this practice disappeared with the invention of agriculture—Robert Dahl said this in his 1998 book On Democracy.

Sent from my ****** using Eupedia Forum

Would that be democracy confined just to males?

Let's put it this way.

None of the above.

you don't answer the question

What has Rome to do with the subject?
I ask you to substantiate your claim about destruction of EBA Greece by invading steppe people, probably accompanied by diseases?
You say I'm embarrasing myself by asking this.
But you come with no arguments whatsoever.
You're only confirming your own bias.

I think you're right.
The ability to learn from others and adapt.
Otherwise they couldn't survive.
They did more than just survive.

It's just like the WOKEISTS. They don't want anyone to know any history either; that way they can spout any propaganda they wish, and there will be no one to contradict them......

Blaming the fall of the Western Roman Empire entirely to the Germanic tribes isn‘t completely correct. Some historians say that moral decay, the male Roman population becoming lazy and diseases weakened the Empire. So, Rome was in decline before the Germanics sounded the death kneel, gave the final blow to it. The thing is, that at one point, the empire was split into Western and Eastern empires. And the center of the Empire was not Rome anymore but Constantinople. So, the center of the Empire moved to the East, thus all the money, funds, innovation, and relevance, too. This move made the Western Empire a nonpriority and there wasn‘t much investment in that part of the Empire, thus its development started stagnating. Keep in mind that Germanic tribespeople became the bulk of the soldiers/mercenaries in West Rome. They were fighting against other German barbarians to stop their invasion and to secure the border. So, Germanic tribes made sure that the Western Empire didn‘t collapse earlier than it did. Furthermore, the Goths were not that destructive. The Vandals were, but they were outmatched by the Huns. To Romans, the Huns were the most savage of the savages.

The bottom line is, that Rome had many issues. Eastern Rome became more important than the Western part. Hence, West Rome was pretty abandoned, lacked funds, and wasn‘t well-governed. Due to the lack of funds, the empire was unable to maintain its massive landholdings, and invading forces began to conquer them slowly, over time.

I think you're right.
The ability to learn from others and adapt.
Otherwise they couldn't survive.
They did more than just survive.

They survived by exploiting unarmed farmers and craftsmen.
Beginning, middle and end of the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 117481 times.

Back