Where does the Albanian language come from? [VIDEO]

Pretty obvious Ottoman or Middle Eastern family legends are just (a pathetic tbh) way to elevate the status of a family, in order to make it more special, unique, and exotic. I don't think Aspurg was completely serious in everything he wrote, he was obviously trolling a lot, but the problem is that he wasn't even funny so he just came across as stupid.
Maybe he had Aspergers lmao

That has been a criticism for a lot of geneticists far and wide. I think the paper is quite decent itself. I tend to give benefit of the doubt here, as from what I gather for the scope of testing their hypotheses, low coverage testing / analysis was enough. What grinds my gears is when ancient samples are tested at coverages/levels orders of magnitude outside their scope. Like if one is testing an Iron age sample at a 22,000 year subclade level. What is one even supposed to do with that xD?

On a completely unrelated note. I am starting to give some aspects of Derites hypothesis more attention.
So far we have samples from BA - IA from the Balkans which could be quite representative even for the south and east (hypothetical).
They look modern north Italian. Then we had the Kuline samples which give an indication as to the Slavic admixture. But what does not add up to me is that the shift modern Albanians have vis a vis said BA - IA samples does not apear Kuline derived? Somewhere between Imperial and 9th century, some other eastern (maybe Slavic like group) likely shifted us away marginally from North Italy like autosomal (despite us still plotting close to that).

e3jUai7.png

gVMQmvB.png

p23YChE.png

Okay. Rather does not look like a Slavic shift, maybe Avars? Huns? I have not had a chance to play around with the Avar and Hungary paper coordinates to see if a shift akin to the local L283 and E-V13 Avars and conquering Huns would fit the model.
Alans, Goths or something else with a higher CHG could also be the culprit?
When I do the same analysis trying to estimate my slavic component, and using Avar Szolad, DEU, or Early Medieval Czech Slavic as a proxy, usually I get better fits with VA Smolensk, and VA Scandinavians? No idea what the VA stands for, I initially thought it meant Varangian but could not confirm.

PS: The methodology here is very shaky. Since the assumption could be wrong.
1. This could have been many minor shifts rather than one.
2. Higher individual CHG in the coordinates, could take the form of said NE samples in AC-BC calculation.
So take this with a grain of salt.

On a completely unrelated note. I am starting to give some aspects of Derites hypothesis more attention.
So far we have samples from BA - IA from the Balkans which could be quite representative even for the south and east (hypothetical).
They look modern north Italian. Then we had the Kuline samples which give an indication as to the Slavic admixture. But what does not add up to me is that the shift modern Albanians have vis a vis said BA - IA samples does not apear Kuline derived? Somewhere between Imperial and 9th century, some other eastern (maybe Slavic like group) likely shifted us away marginally from North Italy like autosomal (despite us still plotting close to that).

Okay. Rather does not look like a Slavic shift, maybe Avars? Huns? I have not had a chance to play around with the Avar and Hungary paper coordinates to see if a shift akin to the local L283 and E-V13 Avars and conquering Huns would fit the model.
Alans, Goths or something else with a higher CHG could also be the culprit?
When I do the same analysis trying to estimate my slavic component, and using Avar Szolad, DEU, or Early Medieval Czech Slavic as a proxy, usually I get better fits with VA Smolensk, and VA Scandinavians? No idea what the VA stands for, I initially thought it meant Varangian but could not confirm.

PS: The methodology here is very shaky. Since the assumption could be wrong.
1. This could have been many minor shifts rather than one.
2. Higher individual CHG in the coordinates, could take the form of said NE samples in AC-BC calculation.
So take this with a grain of salt.

IA West Balkans being higher in certain regions of the Gheg populated areas to me is also an important indicator. And if we would go by Derites hypotheses I would assume that Illyrians did not receive a direct Eastern shift but did so after mixing with whatever the other group was which by the way dominates the modern Albanian genome.

IA West Balkans being higher in certain regions of the Gheg populated areas to me is also an important indicator. And if we would go by Derites hypotheses I would assume that Illyrians did not receive a direct Eastern shift but did so after mixing with whatever the other group was which by the way dominates the modern Albanian genome.

He calls the other group Proto-Albanians based on Matzingers linguistic assumptions and also given aDNA.

Oh I am not talking about Albanian ethnogenesis here. Whatever group was East Balkans West Balkans was not "Albanian" till it mixed into a soup that still exists today. Hence I find these conversations such as the title of this thread petty. As languages are not linear, rather they get mixed in waves and are a synthesis of various elements that become relevant in day to day life. Hence I do not think conversations such as was E-V13 or L283(Illyrians, Thracians, Dacians yada yada) the source of Albanian are worth even talking about. My point was rather trying to connect the autosomal dots from the few samples we have from the region spread over the centuries.

I have no doubt in my mind that ancestors of modern Albanians lived in the Komani complex. And for me even the foreign/exotic element in Komani Derite was pointing out (2/25 skulls I know, not even YDNA) might have been an important ingredient in the genesis of Albanians as we know them. So gotta give credit to that observation, as from what I am seeing using these amateur calculators in the amateur way I know, seems to corroborate such a narrative. Maybe you guys can double check the AC-BC calculator in vahaduo vis a vis the two samples I did for my coordinates, with your coordinates. Maybe I am just an outlier :D

@Dibran

2i4R1zf.png

K13 is quite limited. It gives me 18-19% Baltic. More interesting is the oracle to the right.

Very interesting hypothesis. Also have a feeling its the right direction to investigate. Too drunk/tired rn to find the G25 for the Avar Hun Pannonian L283s and E-V13s and see if E-V13s had such a shift. But I think the paper itself created and denominated some of the clusters. IIRC L283 and E-V13s were in the Southern cluster. But maybe some of the E-V13s were also in the eastern cluster. Again, just maybe we can find a signal similar to what we see in the AC-BCs I posted.

I upvoted this. Should have put a disclaimer or something on the end of my answer :LOL: Since he was asking in regards to "bosh" we say thatë/thât which I am assuming you guys in Presheve say too.
My God. It all makes sense now. Hawk is from Presheva, Johane Derite's ancestors were from today's Serbia, just north of Kosovo. Of course they're pushing Daco-Thracian theory so hard and denying Illyrian-Albanian cognates lol. They want the Proto-Albanian homeland to be close to their own origins, near the Channeled Ware finds, and not in Albania or the Western Balkans :LOL:

I remember just weeks ago, Hawk said something like, Thracians didn't have any interest in the poor Adriatic, and preferred the rich Aegean, and that E-V13 outnumbers J2b2 and R1b in Albanians because the Channeled Ware people were far more superior than the weaker Glasinac Mati people lmfao. I guess people gotta cope some how, but I don't know why they both jump to conclusions based on insecurity. There are many reasons that could explain why E-V13 is most common, but he likes that one best. Carlton Coon noted that Albanians above the Drin river were the tallest, strongest, most athletic, wide-shouldered and wide-jawed of all Albanians, Malsi E Madhe & Kukes are both 45%+ J2b2 lol. How could it be! When they are mixed with these weak Glasinac Mati Illyrians! :LOL: We still have that upcoming paper that will make many clown theories fall flat

Every other day, one of them has to quote something about Channeled Ware or a Thracian-Albanian cognate, and say "It seems likely Proto-Albanian derived from Channeled Ware people who migrated into Albania" lol, Matzinger doesn't believe we are Thracian either, but any time an Illyrian-Albanian cognate is mentioned, Johane Derite is quick to quote him :LOL: If Matzinger is such a genius, why are you pushing the Bessi-Phygrian theory if even he doesn't believe it lol. We must be from some other unattested ghost shepherding population that was Christianized that went into Albania, and no one noticed or recorded it lol.

Oh I am not talking about Albanian ethnogenesis here. Whatever group was East Balkans West Balkans was not "Albanian" till it mixed into a soup that still exists today. Hence I find these conversations such as the title of this thread petty. As languages are not linear, rather they get mixed in waves and are a synthesis of various elements that become relevant in day to day life. Hence I do not think conversations such as was E-V13 or L283(Illyrians, Thracians, Dacians yada yada) the source of Albanian are worth even talking about. My point was rather trying to connect the autosomal dots from the few samples we have from the region spread over the centuries.

I have no doubt in my mind that ancestors of modern Albanians lived in the Komani complex. And for me even the foreign/exotic element in Komani Derite was pointing out (2/25 skulls I know, not even YDNA) might have been an important ingredient in the genesis of Albanians as we know them. So gotta give credit to that observation, as from what I am seeing using these amateur calculators in the amateur way I know, seems to corroborate such a narrative. Maybe you guys can double check the AC-BC calculator in vahaduo vis a vis the two samples I did for my coordinates, with your coordinates. Maybe I am just an outlier :D

@Dibran

2i4R1zf.png

K13 is quite limited. It gives me 18-19% Baltic. More interesting is the oracle to the right.

I was just quoting Derite.

Wow that is very low North Atlantic my father gets ~26% and I get ~ 25 % something. Your results seem to be more or less mainstream Albanian though.

I also get high Baltic and North-Atlantic, just barely my highest scores lol. I do plot with a NW pull too. My autosomal was 96% Greece/Balkans, 4% Irish

North_Atlantic 21.93 Pct
Baltic22.14 Pct
West_Med20.49 Pct
West_Asian9.41 Pct
East_Med21 Pct
Red_Sea3.85 Pct
South_Asian-
East_Asian-
Siberian0.79 Pct
Amerindian-
Oceanian0.39 Pct

My God. It all makes sense now. Hawk is from Presheva, Johane Derite's ancestors were from today's Serbia, just north of Kosovo. Of course they're pushing Daco-Thracian theory so hard and denying Illyrian-Albanian cognates lol. They want the Proto-Albanian homeland to be close to their own origins, near the Channeled Ware finds, and not in Albania or the Western Balkans :LOL:

I don't like personal insults against people to be honest. He was the only one that condemned the racist pseudo scientific remarks that Dushman user made against people from Kosovo. Being not in line with someone's hypotheses or assumptions is one thing verbal attacking is another thing.

Derite is a Muhaxher? We have a lot of them that settled in South and East Kosovo. They endured a lot of pain and atrocities on their way here.

I also get high Baltic and North-Atlantic, just barely my highest scores lol. I do plot with a NW pull too. My autosomal was 96% Greece/Balkans, 4% Irish

North_Atlantic 21.93 Pct
Baltic22.14 Pct
West_Med20.49 Pct
West_Asian9.41 Pct
East_Med21 Pct
Red_Sea3.85 Pct
South_Asian-
East_Asian-
Siberian0.79 Pct
Amerindian-
Oceanian0.39 Pct

The Baltic sets you East too my friend.

I was just quoting Derite.

Wow that is very low North Atlantic my father gets ~26% and I get ~ 25% something. Your results seem to be more or less mainstream Albanian though.

Not sure what the North Atlantic stands for tbh. Is it modern North Atlantic? Maybe I just have lower WHG.
But check that Amerindian at 1.6% :LOL:

I see. But think about it. If the L283 samples from BA-IA were North Italian like. If modern Albanian admixture seems to be Eastern Shifted with a degree of higher CHG (was it Varangian, Alan, Hun, Avar, Slavic, whatever). Between Imperial period and today (question was it pre 9th century Kuline or after) proto*-Albanians could have shifted from something North Italian like (HRB BA/BGR IA) to modern Albanian autosomals through the mixture of L283, Z2103 with E-V13. Certainly E-V13 could be a good candidate, even as a second hand admixture. I don't know.

Would be cool if someone could interpret my K13, I haven't looked into autosomal stuff in years.

unknown.png

@Dibran
2i4R1zf.png

Have you tried running your K13 through Vahadu? More sample groups.
Admixture oracles aren't alwaya reliable. I get a huge southern pull so I get Sardinian and Peloponnese sometimes which is obviously hogwash. Iget like 60% IA Bulgaria which alot of these clowns try to use to claim Albanians have mostly Thracian admixture. Yet on PCA Bruzmi plot me, I was on the IA_West Balkan cline. Just white out my name.

Vahaduo-Global-25-Views-2.png

I remember just weeks ago, Hawk said something like, Thracians didn't have any interest in the poor Adriatic, and preferred the rich Aegean, and that E-V13 outnumbers J2b2 and R1b in Albanians because the Channeled Ware people were far more superior than the weaker Glasinac Mati people lmfao. I guess people gotta cope some how, but I don't know why they both jump to conclusions based on insecurity. There are many reasons that could explain why E-V13 is most common, but he likes that one best. Carlton Coon noted that Albanians above the Drin river were the tallest, strongest, most athletic, wide-shouldered and wide-jawed of all Albanians, Malsi E Madhe & Kukes are both 45%+ J2b2 lol. How could it be! When they are mixed with these weak Glasinac Mati Illyrians! :LOL: We still have that upcoming paper that will make many clown theories fall flat

I don't want to make any more comments on phenotypes last time I pointed out mine people went nuts (spoiler I am tall have dark blond hair and green eyes). I definitely do think that Illyrians are responsible for this in specific regions mine included (Ulpiana).

I am going to put a disclaimer here though since people can get quite cheeky here.

I don't like personal insults against people to be honest. He was the only one that condemned the racist pseudo scientific remarks that Dushman user made against people from Kosovo. Being not in line with someone's hypotheses or assumptions is one thing verbal attacking is another thing.

Derite is a Muhaxher? We have a lot of them that settled in South and East Kosovo. They endured a lot of pain and atrocities on their way here.
Did I say anything about Kosovars or Muhaxhers? I am well aware of the history that Kosovars endured. Don't bring your emotions about something else, to me. I was just pointing out that their origins is why they are biased for a Thracian origin of Albanians.

Not sure what the North Atlantic stands for tbh. Is it modern North Atlantic? Maybe I just have lower WHG.
But check that Amerindian at 1.6% :LOL:

I see. But think about it. If the L283 samples from BA-IA were North Italian like. If modern Albanian admixture seems to be Eastern Shifted with a degree of higher CHG (was it Varangian, Alan, Hun, Avar, Slavic, whatever). Between Imperial period and today (question was it pre 9th century Kuline or after) proto*-Albanians could have shifted from something North Italian like (HRB BA/BGR IA) to modern Albanian autosomals through the mixture of L283, Z2103 with E-V13. Certainly E-V13 could be a good candidate, even as a second hand admixture. I don't know.

I am not entirely sure it is more prevelant in North West/West Europeans though and also BA/IA Illyrians.

You're exotic :LOL:

Could be but I don't think it is very likely. I am thinking of two sources one being obviously the Illyrians and the other Central/Eastern Balkans that did not find it entirely yuck to bang this Eastern Shifted question mark group of people.

Every other day, one of them has to quote something about Channeled Ware or a Thracian-Albanian cognate, and say "It seems likely Proto-Albanian derived from Channeled Ware people who migrated into Albania" lol, Matzinger doesn't believe we are Thracian either, but any time an Illyrian-Albanian cognate is mentioned, Johane Derite is quick to quote him :LOL: If Matzinger is such a genius, why are you pushing the Bessi-Phygrian theory if even he doesn't believe it lol. We must be from some other unattested ghost shepherding population that was Christianized that went into Albania, and no one noticed or recorded it lol.

I'm pretty sure Johane Derite is Berishe of Puka. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

Malsi E Madhe & Kukes are both 45%+ J2b2 lol.

I just checked rrenjet and gjenetika and E-V13 is still the big boy in Malsia. It's for sure the dominant haplogroup across the board, and if that haplogroup is not Illyrian then Albanians are not either (not saying you said E-V13 isn't Illyrian but there are plenty in this thread who would).

Also it just struck me how low the sample size in Malsia is on both projects. People weren't kidding when they said these regions are still severely under sampled....

Totally agree with the rest of your post tho.

The Baltic sets you East too my friend.
Yep, I know the Baltic region, is in fact, East. I still plot more North West than most Albanians, even with high Baltic, is what I was saying.

This thread has been viewed 609450 times.

Back