Politics Will Russia Attack Ukraine?

I'd like to see those drones.
IMO you can't launch rockets from a drone.
The only one who does such things is James Bond.

Yes you can, you certainly can, what do you think the drones are carrying? These particular drones are very simple, small, reliable (propeller driven) and deadly.

I really don't want to argue politics on Eupedia.

I understand that. Talking about politics can even break up families and destroy friendships. Moreover, it's quite difficult to have an in-depth, respectful discussion of political issues while online. Written posts can be easily misinterpreted. Plus, some people take it personally if you disagree with certain politics. That said Ukraine war/ Russian invasion is a hot topic and everywhere. So one can't resist joining the conversation here.

^^^ Also Russia will punish Russian citizens who "spread false news about the war in Ukraine" with even up to 15 years imprisonment.

=====

Ukrainian counteroffensive north of Kiev has started and is very successful. It looks like Russian 36th and 41st Armies will be destroyed.

And these are the Ukrainian demands in peace talks:

"Ukrainian information sources report that the Office of President Zelensky will require the following conditions:

- the end of hostilities, the withdrawal of Russian troops;

- return of territories (Crimea and Donbas);

- reparations (payments by Russia to Ukraine over 25 years in the amount of $ 500 billion);

- also full accusation of the Russians of the genocide

Author's signature"

​Do you think the Russians will accept these conditions?

and after that Ukraine will grown, Poland not really, there is no good solution

"Ukrainian information sources report that the Office of President Zelensky will require the following conditions:

- reparations (payments by Russia to Ukraine over 25 years in the amount of $ 500 billion);

Author's signature"

If that's what they really demanded in the recent negotiations, I don't know if its real and actually doubt it, this just shows that the Selenski regime would be completely irresponsible and doesn't care for human life or the Ukrainian people. It just wants a total war with Russia to destabilise the region. Again, if this is real, what I doubt, it would be completely insane and being just a proof for the provocative nature of this regime which wanted a war with Russia, deliberately.

Where do you have that from?

Also, if that would be the "style" of the Selenski regime in the negotiations with the Russians in the past, I don't wonder any more why Putin made that decision, as bad as it was, nevertheless. I just hope this is a fake and they are not the lunatic warmongers they appear to be. Unbelievable.

That's like Germany coming to the negotiations in 1918 and demanding in peace negotiations half of France. Are they out of their mind? They just want a dirty war to the bitter end and no peace, that much is clear by now.

Edit: I just needed to calm down after having read this...
Let's hope they talk real in the actual talks and don't hold up such insance positions to the bitter end, because if they do, the end can be just bitter, even if they win this war.

Author's signature"

No, but who the heck enters a negotiation with your bottom-line offer???

Honestly, I wonder if some of the people posting here have any business experience, or even any real-world experience whatsoever, or are just academics or are paid disinformation agents or t-rolls.

Let's say my client wants to sell his complex, and given market conditions it probably might bring around 22 million dollars. Does he put it on the market for 22 million? Obviously not. He puts it on the market for a higher price so he has room for negotiation.

Where do you have that from?

^ It was posted on a Polish forum but no link to the source was provided.

But here is the original text (the one I posted above is Google translation):

Украинские информационные источники сообщают , что Офис Президента Зеленского будет требовать следующих условий :

? завершение боевых действий , вывод войск РФ ;

? возвращение территорий ( Крым ЛДНР ) ;

? репарации ( выплаты России в адрес Украины на протяжении 25 лет суммы в 500 млрд $ ) ;

? также полное обвинение россиян в геноциде

Подпись автора

Author's signature"

no, and Zelensky knows that

^ It was posted on a Polish forum but no link to the source was provided.

But here is the original text (the one I posted above is Google translation):

Украинские информационные источники сообщают , что Офис Президента Зеленского будет требовать следующих условий :

? завершение боевых действий , вывод войск РФ ;

? возвращение территорий ( Крым ЛДНР ) ;

? репарации ( выплаты России в адрес Украины на протяжении 25 лет суммы в 500 млрд $ ) ;

? также полное обвинение россиян в геноциде

Подпись автора

Ok, so probably its fake.

@Angela: Of course I know how negotiations being led and would have almost wrote the same, but that's not like trying to sell a house worth 100.000 bucks for 10.000.000. Its absurd even from that tactical perspective and can be only considered a provocation and insult.

Ok, so probably its fake.

@Angela: Of course I know how negotiations being led and would have almost wrote the same, but that's not like trying to sell a house worth 100.000 bucks for 10.000.000. Its absurd even from that tactical perspective and can be only considered a provocation and insult.

@Riverman this is not business this is power politics. Both sides don't want to deal now. Putin doesn't want to give concessions he is only interested in surrender. Zelenski has not given up the fight so only he can do is formulate such demands (if this is true), of course he knows that Putin doesn't do anything with it.

The only thing both can say is we are not only fighting but there is a 'negotiation'. As such not unimportant because if the things chance drastically then they meet again... It's a kind of sur place now.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the only possible negotiations would be: A) A Ukraine with territorial integrity, which agrees not to join NATO, or B) Ukraine cedes Crimea and Donbas to Russia, but has the right to join the organization that want. A Ukraine annexed to Russia, or "independent" but turned into a Russian-managed wreck, would be completely unacceptable.

It seems to me that the only possible negotiations would be: A) A Ukraine with territorial integrity, which agrees not to join NATO, or B) Ukraine cedes Crimea and Donbas to Russia, but has the right to join the organization that want. A Ukraine annexed to Russia, or "independent" but turned into a Russian-managed wreck, would be completely unacceptable.

Option A is best...permanent neutrality and plebiscites in Crimea and Donbas.

Russia cannot cope a prolonged war there, we are now seeing the face of globalism of how many offshore businesses are cutting deals with Russian-based companies, even Google was cutting their offshore service with Russian companies and they even posted the termination letter in twitter. Then you have the pressure on Abramovich to sell Chelsea and so on and so forth. This will become a domino effect until the internal population gets overly dissatisfied by the current ongoing war. Especially considering of how close Ukrainians are to Russians, it will make less and less sense for the general population.

Option A is best...permanent neutrality and plebiscites in Crimea and Donbas.

I guess this is not a matter of negotiations. Putin's aim is to concur Ukraine. The question is if this will inclusive the western part or not. So nothing neutral or plebisciet that were options of the past, not in the current war.

This thread has been viewed 305373 times.

Back