Are South Slavs more Balkan Native than Slavic?

Is South Serbia apart of the Serbian enclave in Vardar region in Macedonia I would like a Serbian user to answer that question as that would explain a lot and help with this conversation. People in that region are very Pontid therefore will naturally be more Southern.

You are obviously not familiar with the subject. I'm afraid that Bachus either misinformed you or you haven't understand properly what he said. Or, most likely, both of that.
I have answered I have a Croatian friend His Serbian ancestors are from Vojvodina aka a region in North Serbia before they travelled to Croatia is ancestors came from there.

So actually Croats said it themselves. What Bachus said in front of the two of us is yes, Croatians and Bosnians are similar to Serbs they are just brainwashed to Catholic and Islamic religions that's what he said there isn't a misunderstanding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Serbia

I am told by my friend North Serbia is Vojvodina region and Croatians with Serb ancestors came from there and that his Grandfather was Serbian from this region before they came to Croatia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Serbia

Vojvodina is something different. It is a northern part of present day Serbia, previously part of Hungary (Banat, Bačka) and Croatia (Syrmia). Serbs are majority there only recently. I've not seen summary autosomal data for Vojvodina Serbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vojvodina

#That part of them is related to South Serbs everyone declared themselves independent after the breakup of Yugoslavia the Balkan wars was to dismantle Serbian ownership and control of that whole region. It wasn't about independent states or the poor Bosnian women being raped which no one in the West gave a ....about

It was about Western control stepping in and not letting a Orthodox nations control things. Much like the whole let's bomb Iran because of human right violations but we will continue to fund IS militants and have tea parties with the Saudis.

Orthodox and Shia Muslim Independence by a mainly Sunni Muslim and Catholic Islamic and Christian world is frowned upon
Most of the chaos in the Balkans is due to the Putinoid propaganda alot of its inhabitants are buying. The west has little-to-none influence in the Balkans, unlike what conspiracy-theorists think.

Serbia has state-sponsored chauvinism.

Kosovar Albanians are not close at all to Serbs genetically. They are only close to Montenegrins with Albanian ancestors.
Albanians got nothing to do with Slavs. Our northern admix is of north-western type, not north-eastern.

Is South Serbia apart of the Serbian enclave in Vardar region in Macedonia I would like a Serbian user to answer that question as that would explain a lot and help with this conversation. People in that region are very Pontid therefore will naturally be more Southern.

I admit I've never heard of the "Serbian enclave in Vardar region in Macedonia". However, after the Balkan Wars in the beginning of 20th century Serbia annected that region and tried to asimilate local Orthodox Christian population. The attempt was not succesful. Serbs used to called these people "South Serbians". However the people call themselves mostly Macedonians, and sometimes in the past, Bulgarians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia

Last edited:
I admit I've never heard of the "Serbian enclave in Vardar region in Macedonia". However, after the Balkan Wars in the beginning of 20th century Serbia annected that region and tried to asimilate local Orthodox Christian population. The attempt was not succesfull. Serbs used to called these people "South Serbians". However the people call themselves mostly Macedonians, and sometimes in the past, Bulgarians.

Serbia claimed all the Orthodox inhabitants of various backgrounds of the Vardar region as Serbs.... That is people of Albanian, Vlach and Bulgarian background.

There is still an Albanian Orthodox community there that didn't become Slavicized https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Reka

Kosovar Albanians are not close at all to Serbs genetically. They are only close to Montenegrins with Albanian ancestors.
Albanians got nothing to do with Slavs. Our northern admix is of north-western type, not north-eastern.

Well that's not quite true as some samples fom Serbia proper mainly plot with Montenegrins.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/figure?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0105090.g003

However, it is obvious that Albanians have very little or nothing to do with the original Slav genetics. What make present day Slavic Serbs close to Albanians is their (Serbian) rich Vlach (or possible Albanian) ancestry.

Well that's not quite true as some samples fom Serbia proper mainly plot with Montenegrins.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/figure?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0105090.g003

However, it is obvious that Albanians have very little or nothing to do with the original Slav genetics. What make present day Slavic Serbs close to Albanians is their (Serbian) rich Vlach (or possible Albanian) ancestry.
This study shows much in regard of South Slavs, but not for the Albanian part. All I see is "Kosovars" which doesn't show much info.

If any Serbian minus the Montenegrins plot close to Albanians, then he has Albanian ancestry in most of the cases.

Serbian chauvinists claimed Kosovar Albanians as Albanized Serbs, which is not true, as Kosovar Albanians have no Slavic admixture.

This study shows much in regard of South Slavs, but not for the Albanian part. All I see is "Kosovars" which doesn't show much info.

If any Serbian minus the Montenegrins plot close to Albanians, then he has Albanian ancestry in most of the cases.

It is very likely that most of Kosovars, if not all, in this study, are ethnic Albanians.

Serbian chauvinists claimed Kosovar Albanians as Albanized Serbs, which is not true, as Kosovar Albanians have no Slavic admixture.

Yes, they claim lot of nonsense as we witness it on a daily basis.

Deretic theories have a strong hold on Serbian parents and their kids. When they grow up they want to destroy all the nations around them.

Most of the chaos in the Balkans is due to the Putinoid propaganda alot of its inhabitants are buying. The west has little-to-none influence in the Balkans, unlike what conspiracy-theorists think.

Serbia has state-sponsored chauvinism.

Generally, north-eastern & north-western components do not exist. They are relics of methodologies from before ancient DNA. One can only speak of northern European tendency which is most pronounced in the Finno-Ugrian groups of Russia & the Baltic region.

What differentiates North-Western Europeans & North-Eastern Europeans are the varying levels of WHG & Siberian components.

No it is Serbian territory it was owned by Austrian Hungarians during their rule of the Balkans that doesn't make North Serbs Hungarian

The last Albanian I knew from Kosovo had a match directly to Serbia from GED I saved his matches on my mobile phone so you saying it's propaganda along with the North Serb Croat thing is indeed propaganda, but not coming from me. I cannot reply to your quotes I can only type now, sorry.

The last Albanian I knew from Kosovo had a match directly to Serbia from GED I saved his matches on my mobile phone so you saying it's propaganda along with the North Serb Croat thing is indeed propaganda, but not coming from me. I cannot reply to your quotes I can only type now, sorry.
That's normal, since Serbians are a mix from all their neighbors. Only Deretic fans like to claim that the whole world is Serbian.

Generally, north-eastern & north-western components do not exist. They are relics of methodologies from before ancient DNA. One can only speak of northern European tendency which is most pronounced in the Finno-Ugrian groups of Russia & the Baltic region.

What differentiates North-Western Europeans & North-Eastern Europeans are the varying levels of WHG & Siberian components.

Indeed. (As exhibited in ydna lineages as well, yes?)

Thank you for introducing some science into this thread.

That's normal, since Serbians are a mix from all their neighbors. Only Deretic fans like to claim that the whole world is Serbian.

He was a Albanian with a Serbian match not a Serbian with a Albanian match such a thing wouldn't exist. I am not, I am claiming that Croatians are similar to whatever North Serbs are ( their words not mine ) and some Albanians from Kosovo are the same as Serbs as in I have seen them being matched with Serbs ( GED match opinion not mine ) and not mine. Also a enclave in Vardar Macedonian is ethnically Serbian and Montenegrin are ethnically Serbian ( their admission not my opinion ) none of what I have said is opinion actually and I am not Serbian I am Southern European Serbians are Balkan Slavs

Montenegrin are ethnically Southern Serb in general Croatians are closer to North Serbs. But in general out of all the Europeans Croats and Serbs are the most close racially and genetically.

Half Montenegrins genetically originate in White Croatia, other half in Albania. Montenegrins have no genetic connection with original Serbs.

If you think opposite then genetically prove that. Serbs and Croats are genetic similar when most of them genetically come from the same place.

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/31539-Genetics-confirm-migration-of-White-Croats-to-Croatia

Serbs to Roman Dalmatia coming from Greece, no one has genetics which prove this migration in Roman Dalmatia (today's Croatia, Serbia, etc).

I admit I've never heard of the "Serbian enclave in Vardar region in Macedonia". However, after the Balkan Wars in the beginning of 20th century Serbia annected that region and tried to asimilate local Orthodox Christian population. The attempt was not succesfull. Serbs used to called these people "South Serbians". However the people call themselves mostly Macedonians, and sometimes in the past, Bulgarians.

The colonization of Kosovo and Macedonia between the two World Wars was the result of the socio-economic and political needs of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia / Yugoslavia with unprecedented national ambitions, as confirmed by the ethnic structure of the colonists.

According to official data of the Ministry of Agriculture, in the "southern regions" there were 17,607 families, ie 87,743 people, up to 1940, of which 89.7% were Serbs, 10% Croats and 0.3% Slovenians. According to the truth, 93,9% of Orthodox and 6,1% of Roman Catholic were among colonists.

https://pescanik.net/krah-kolonizacije-kosova-i-makedonije/

No it is Serbian territory it was owned by Austrian Hungarians during their rule of the Balkans that doesn't make North Serbs Hungarian

How could that be "Serbian" territory if it was "owned by Austrian Hungarians"?

Vojvodina has always been multiethnic territory. At least since it was taken from Ottomans, and before that time it was under Hungarian king since the early middle ages.

it was owned by Austrian Hungarians during their rule of the Balkans that doesn't make North Serbs Hungarian

It doesn't, of course.

How could that be "Serbian" territory if it was "owned by Austrian Hungarians"?

Vojvodina has always been multiethnic territory. At least since it was taken from Ottomans, and before that time it was under Hungarian king since the early middle ages.

It doesn't, of course.

Because they are North Serbs they aren't Hungarians who live in North Serbia they don't even identify with being Hungarian

This thread has been viewed 251582 times.

Back