Not that we know because there is no recorded history of this period in Scandinavia.

The Heruli "returned" to Scandinavia in 510, according to written Roman sources. As they were closely connected to both the Goths and the Huns on the continent, they may have been carrying the haplogroup Q in their group.

Angela, thanks a lot! I did peruse through this site and I see a lot referencing V-13 in Europe but not much on V-12 in Europe. Again, I am new at this and I know there are still a lot of studies. I am just surprised that given my recent ancestry (all northern European), that I would have shared such a relatively recent common ancestry with a strong East African strain, the E-V32. Does this mean that a small percentage of the descendants of the original E-V32 moved north into Europe rather recently? Fascinating stuff... Again, thanks for your help and welcoming post!!

Angela, thanks a lot! I did peruse through this site and I see a lot referencing V-13 in Europe but not much on V-12 in Europe. Again, I am new at this and I know there are still a lot of studies. I am just surprised that given my recent ancestry (all northern European), that I would have shared such a relatively recent common ancestry with a strong East African strain, the E-V32. Does this mean that a small percentage of the descendants of the original E-V32 moved north into Europe rather recently? Fascinating stuff... Again, thanks for your help and welcoming post!!

Have you looked at this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-V68#E-V32

The only E-V32 I see is in Andalusia, but there's no way of knowing if it's present in other areas as well, considering how little of the population has been sampled.

However, as you can see, all these E-M78 clades are present throughout Mediterranean Europe.

The bottom line is that these are all related clades, so the same processes could explain a lot of them. It could be very old in your area (Neolithic) or it could have come in historic times. If it did come in historic times it could have come with a man from Mediterranean Europe.

Is there anything different about your autosomal dna compared to people in your area?

The other avenue you might explore is getting tested at and joining a group at FTDNA. If you find that you belong to a cluster or hotspot from a certain area that might give you some more clues.

Just strange... I sent my sample into NG Genome project and although their "recent" (regional as they put it) ancestry is on the money, in order, UK 58%, Eastern European 19%, Southern Europe (?) 12%, Scandanavia 10%, Finland/Siberia (Native American I think) 2%. It says I'm most aligned with people from England and Scotland.

But my "deep ancestry", as they call it, puts my maternal line at H2A5, which I think is right on the money, but paternally it says that EV-32, as stated above... It doesn't bother me from a racial perspective but it seems very odd that my paternal line is so closely related to East Africans. My family from my father's side is all English/Irish/Scotch and from my mother's side is Scandinavian and Polish.

I guess we all have a lot to learn still. I really appreciate your time and input to all of this, and attaching those links for me, even though I've read them, I have read them again with more understanding.

Just strange... I sent my sample into NG Genome project and although their "recent" (regional as they put it) ancestry is on the money, in order, UK 58%, Eastern European 19%, Southern Europe (?) 12%, Scandanavia 10%, Finland/Siberia (Native American I think) 2%. It says I'm most aligned with people from England and Scotland.

But my "deep ancestry", as they call it, puts my maternal line at H2A5, which I think is right on the money, but paternally it says that EV-32, as stated above... It doesn't bother me from a racial perspective but it seems very odd that my paternal line is so closely related to East Africans. My family from my father's side is all English/Irish/Scotch and from my mother's side is Scandinavian and Polish.

I guess we all have a lot to learn still. I really appreciate your time and input to all of this, and attaching those links for me, even though I've read them, I have read them again with more understanding.

Well, we all come from East Africa on a certain level. Some of our ancestors might just have left later than others. E-M78, as I said, mutated in North Africa and spread from there although it gets hazy after that. I think FTDNA might be your best bet.

Thanks a lot Angela for your time, much appreciated... I'm sure I will learn a lot from you all here as I have seen many informative posts!

This thread has been viewed 45910 times.

Back