Greatest Spanish contribution(s) to the world ?

What is/are the greatest Spanish contribution(s) to the world?

• Spanish food (tapas, paella, tortilla, Iberian pork, churros, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The classical guitar

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Spanish painting (Goya, Velásquez, Dali, Picasso, Miro, etc.)

• The invention of cigarettes

• The epidural analgesia

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other (please specify)

• Total voters
There is a very long list of mountebanks on this forum who have been intellectually humiliated (two or three amazingly still post on Eupedia - masochists?). It now appears there are a few more characters lining up for some severe embarrassment. OOPs, looks like at least one of the new wanderers was already made to look quite foolish last week.

You are playing in the wrong league people. Move on...

wilhelm and cambria:
none in this world should be ashamed of their origins, you should be ashamed of yourselves and take example of your iberian brother (brady) :useless:
:LOL::LOL::LOL: A comedian.

There is a very long list of mountebanks on this forum who have been intellectually humiliated (two or three amazingly still post on Eupedia - masochists?). It now appears there are a few more characters lining up for some severe embarrassment. OOPs, looks like at least one of the new wanderers was already made to look quite foolish last week.

You are playing in the wrong league people. Move on...

You said before: "It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a group of seriously troubled individuals is attempting to create chaos on a forum where intelligent discussion has been the norm since its inception. The hostility by some is beyond childish and reflects terribly on certain population groups". Yes you are right...BUT the hole of the matter here is that classic guitar ISN'T A SPANISH CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORLD and is not native from there. this is a well educated discussion and you are CREATING CHAOS ON IT. That's all...see you soon.

exactly brady, "spanish" guitar is actually not a spanish invention but moor. credit should be given where credit belongs.

i wonder if they would be so reluctant to accept this fact if i would have suggested that spanish guitar is a visigoth invention? :innocent:

exactly brady, "spanish" guitar is actually not a spanish invention but moor. credit should be given where credit belongs.

i wonder if they would be so reluctant to accept this fact if i would have suggested that spanish guitar is a visigoth invention? :innocent:

Yes, truth is just the truth. Spaniards in here lie almost all the time.

Yes you are right...BUT the hole of the matter here is that classic guitar ISN'T A SPANISH CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORLD and is not native from there.

Would you accept a change to the wording to become "modern classical guitar"? Antonio Torres Jurado invented that. Certainly, modern acoustic guitars are derivative from his designs, and own their credit to Spain.

Would you accept a change to the wording to become "modern classical guitar"? Antonio Torres Jurado invented that. Certainly, modern acoustic guitars are derivative from his designs, and own their credit to Spain.

Yes of course, but the thread is about classic guitar not about modifications made of it. Credit of that granted but classic guitar isn't a spanish contribution to the world. Do you agree?

Yes of course, but the thread is about classic guitar not about modifications made of it. Credit of that granted but classic guitar isn't a spanish contribution to the world. Do you agree?

As I understand it, the origins of the classical guitar are a bit mysterious, but the most likely explanation is that it was a modification of the Moorish 2-stringed guitar, yeah. Some of the ambiguity comes from changes in what the word "guitar" applied to historically.

Still, I think it's worth giving Spain credit for development of the classical guitar, even if they didn't invent it. Kind of like we should give Switzerland credit for development of clocks and watches, even though they were not invented by them. See the analogous thread for Swiss contributions.

i don't know why this issue seems so controversial for the iberians anyways :astonished: ... the italian mandolina, or also the greeks, they have similar instruments which were a evolution of the arab guitars.

The name "guitar" could be related with "zithar", the other posible antecessor.

P.S: Mexican, you´re so pathetic...

As I understand it, the origins of the classical guitar are a bit mysterious, but the most likely explanation is that it was a modification of the Moorish 2-stringed guitar, yeah. Some of the ambiguity comes from changes in what the word "guitar" applied to historically.

Still, I think it's worth giving Spain credit for development of the classical guitar, even if they didn't invent it. Kind of like we should give Switzerland credit for development of clocks and watches, even though they were not invented by them. See the analogous thread for Swiss contributions.

I agree granted the credit of development of classic guitar. It is a good point about the clock that seems arabs (again) made the first and the Swedes among others developed it just as the guitar was developed by spaniards among others. It's so different to say swedes invented the watch that swedes developed the watch. Best regards.

You´re an ignorant mexican. The natives of Switzerland are the Swiss. Swede is a native of Sweden.

Mother of god, Arabs from Eastern Africa, Turkey in East Africa too, Swedes in Switzerland, What´s the next?

Do you love to be ridiculized? I´m starting to think it :LOL:

I agree granted the credit of development of classic guitar. It is a good point about the clock that seems arabs (again) made the first and the Swedes among others developed it just as the guitar was developed by spaniards among others. It's so different to say swedes invented the watch that swedes developed the watch. Best regards.

Not Swedes, Swiss. I'm not aware of any Swedish clockmaking traditions, anyway.

Otherwise glad to see we've reached agreement. :cool-v:

Not Swedes, Swiss. I'm not aware of any Swedish clockmaking traditions, anyway.

Otherwise glad to see we've reached agreement. :cool-v:

Excuse me, you're are right swiss. I'm glad too. That's what is all about argue over culture, history, etc. and learn about it. Best regards.

Welcome to the comedy show featuring the clueless LatAm harlequins. I'm quite certain the audience is laughing themselves unconscious. You people have nothing to offer but rubbish pile nonsense. Move on...

I think you misunderstood. I meant that they were considered as heroes back then, not that I see them as heroes.

Despite being a poor and desperate attempt to make-up how you were exposed, you know what? I may had given you the benefit of the doubt if it weren't for the uncomprehensible and abusive ban that you gave me. Nevertheless, don't underestimate my knowledge on english language. It's pretty obvious that you were expressing your own personal admiration on these historical characters:

Very interesting article ! Please all read it (at least from The threat of Islam). It explains well that the crusades were not free acts of aggression and imperialism, nor the epitome of self-righteousness and intolerance as so many think. The prime culprit was Islam. Islam was born out of war and expanded from a tiny part of Saudi Arabia to conquer by the sword 2/3 of the Christian world at the time. Islam had taken most of Spain and Turkey and was thus ready to take over Europe. Something had to be done, and the response of the Europeans were the crusades. In other words, the crusaders prevented Islam from destroying Christianity and sacking Europe. And the Muslims only got what they asked for.

The crusaders had to sacrifice most of their possessions (land, wealth, families... and even their lives) to save Europe. They were not the selfish war-mongers often depicted; they were heroes.

There was no misunderstanding on my part and your emotional reaction of banning me for the following ridiculous reasons, just prove my point.

No respect of moderating warning?

Spamming thread with irrelevant posts? Really?

There's nothing in these messages against the forum rules and (funnily enough) you had no problem in moving all the irrelevant posts of other forum members to an off-topic threads (many of them really offensive and bordering illegality with all that pro-ETA propaganda btw) I'm mainly talking about Reinaert's posts of course.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26356

Given the current situation of the forum any unbiased member will understand that I was merely defending myself from all this orgy of latin american anti-spanish trollism very well established in the forum (congrats mods, btw).

It was more your harmed ego what got me banned. No problemo, I'm out of this forum.

Warm regards.

Despite being a poor and desperate attempt to make-up how you were exposed, you know what? I may had given you the benefit of the doubt if it weren't for the uncomprehensible and abusive ban that you gave me. Nevertheless, don't underestimate my knowledge on english language. It's pretty obvious that you were expressing your own personal admiration on these historical characters:

There was no misunderstanding on my part and your emotional reaction of banning me for the following ridiculous reasons, just prove my point.

No respect of moderating warning?

Spamming thread with irrelevant posts? Really?

There's nothing in these messages against the forum rules and (funnily enough) you had no problem in moving all the irrelevant posts of other forum members to an off-topic threads (many of them really offensive and bordering illegality with all that pro-ETA propaganda btw) I'm mainly talking about Reinaert's posts of course.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26356

Given the current situation of the forum any unbiased member will understand that I was merely defending myself from all this orgy of latin american anti-spanish trollism very well established in the forum (congrats mods, btw).

It was more your harmed ego what got me banned. No problemo, I'm out of this forum.

Warm regards.

Relax triskel we're just debating, that's all.

Shut up mexican! You know that we aren't the same person.

Sorry just I miss lynxs...Don't get mad and get back to debate with your primal name. Here I go, cigarretes weren't invented by spaniards, were invented by...guess what...were invented by nativeamericans. Can you see? there's a lot of topic on you're lying. Come on get back as lynxs

This thread has been viewed 287889 times.

Back