Eurogenes Post your Eurogenes Steppe K10

He already had almost 11% SW Asian, and modern people have only 13-15%.

It's the North East European and Mediterranean that he's missing. The North East European could have come with steppe people in the Bronze or even the Iron Age, and so could the little bit of Mediterranean as well perhaps. The Srubnaya, Andronovo type people were, what, 40% Middle Neolithic as well as EHG?
It was introduced after some Medes migrated into Balochistan. The Balochi language is a branch of Northwestern Iranian languages (like Kurdish) and it has been said it is from Kurdistan than arrived with the Medes.
Those Medes who migrated into Balochistan missed that 'North East European' and 'Mediterranean' components. So those components entered Kurdistan and West Iran not so long time ago. And Baloch people miss Y-DNA hg. I2a and E-V13.

Y-DNA hg. I2a and E-V13 (European type) is in Kurdistan and Western Iran from recent times and I'm sure that those who brought Y-DNA hg. I2a and E-V13 to Kurdistan were those who also brought 'North East European' and 'Mediterranean' components.

'Purest' Iranians (Aryans) were Caucaso-Gedrosia folks with some minor SW Asian influences.

The Aryan Medes had nothing to do with the the 'North East European' and 'Mediterranean' components. Baloch folks don't have these components, but their Gedrosia component is higher than that of Kurds & Persians.

'North East European' and 'Mediterranean' components are VERY recent in Kurdistan and have something to do with these:

Back migration of the Iranic speaking Scythians from Ukraine????

Haplogroup_I2a.gif

Haplogroup-E-V13.gif

Last edited:
It seems that there was a some kind of a migration from the Balkans into the western parts of the Iranian Plateau, and Aryans (West Iranian like the Medes and Persians) mixed a little bit with those people. Maybe from the Indo-European West Anatolians like the Hittites and Phrygia or something???

Y-DNA hg. I2a and E-V13 are not native to Iranian/Aryans otherwise there would be some Y-DNA hg. I2a and E-V13 in BMAC and SouthCentral Asia or even in India.

Last edited:
Im afraid my IPad can't download using the R software. Do you knowing there is a way for my IPad to download Steepes10?
I don’t know about iPad, because I don’t use it. I wonder if it could easily run an “exe” anyway. I’m afraid not. I hope someone else can help you in this regard.

Btw, there is a R version for Mac, but "readme" states that this process specifically demand a Windows or Linux machine. Particularly, I used Windows.

It is not going well for me either, I've downloaded all but can't quickly figure out all the necessary steps. Foreign concept for me to run programs in a program and have with weird names to the right folders. I don't want to spend hours with this to experiment endlessly what works. I need baby steps manual, if someone cares to right them down.
LOL same here man. I can't figure this out unless I am willing to spend hours to study it.
It’s not complicated. You guys can do it very quickly. Let’s try a last time.

So forget the “readme”. Just follow the steps below.

Let’s presume that LeBrok tested in 23andMe, and that Fluffy tested in FTDNA. LeBrok will download his 23andMe raw data and name the file as LeBrok.txt , while Fluffy will download his FTDNA raw data (Build 37 Raw Data Concatenated) and name the file as Fluffy.csv . Both using Windows.

Download SteppeK10.zip (save icon - an arrow in top right): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-X...lRSkcwV0k/view

Extract the files into a folder called SteppeK10, in C:/ . Now you have the folder C:/SteppeK10 , right? Inside it, the files DIYDodecadWin.exe , standardize.r , Steppe.10.F , Steppe.alleles , steppe.par , Steppe.txt .

LeBrok and Fluffy will put the files LeBrok.txt and Fluffy.csv into the folder C:/SteppeK10, respectively.

Download R software: http://cran.utstat.utoronto.ca/bin/windows/base/R-3.3.1-win.exe
Install* this program in English and using default options (if you don’t know how to do it, just ask). After that, run it (click in the icon “R x.. 3.3.1” in Desktop).
*I installed just the 64 bits version.

Once R is running, click in “File” (top left), then click in “Change dir”. Select the folder C:/SteppeK10 and click in “ok”.

Do you see the R console? After the “>” character, type the command below and press Enter:
source('standardize.r')

Now:
a. LeBrok, who tested hypothetically with 23andMe, will type the command below, press Enter and wait til he can type anything again:
standardize('LeBrok.txt', company='23andMe')

b. Fluffy will do that with this command:
standardize('Fluffy.csv', company='ftdna')

Finally, you both will type the command below and wait results show up:
system('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')

Last edited:
Now:
a. LeBrok, who tested hypothetically with 23andMe, will type the command below, click in Enter and wait til he can type anything again:

correction

"standardize('LeBrok.txt', company='23andMe')" must be
"standardize ('LeBrok.txt', company='23andMe') ----> space bar between "standardize" and "('LeBrok.txt', company='23andMe')"[SUB][/SUB]

"standardize('Fluffy.csv', company='ftdna')" must be
"standardize ('Fluffy.csv', company='ftdna')" ----> space bar between "standardize" and ('Fluffy.csv', company='ftdna')

"system('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')" must be

"system ('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')" ----> space bar between "system" and "('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')"

correction

"standardize('LeBrok.txt', company='23andMe')" must be
"standardize ('LeBrok.txt', company='23andMe') ----> space bar between "standardize" and "('LeBrok.txt', company='23andMe')"[SUB][/SUB]

"standardize('Fluffy.csv', company='ftdna')" must be
"standardize ('Fluffy.csv', company='ftdna')" ----> space bar between "standardize" and ('Fluffy.csv', company='ftdna')

"system('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')" must be

"system ('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')" ----> space bar between "system" and "('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')"
Well, here it works without the spaces. I haven't tried with them.

I don’t know about iPad, because I don’t use it. I wonder if it could easily run an “exe” anyway. I’m afraid not. I hope someone else can help you in this regard.

Btw, there is a R version for Mac, but "readme" states that this process specifically demand a Windows or Linux machine. Particularly, I used Windows.

It’s not complicated. You guys can do it very quickly. Let’s try a last time.

So forget the “readme”. Just follow the steps below.

Let’s presume that LeBrok tested in 23andMe, and that Fluffy tested in FTDNA. LeBrok will download his 23andMe raw data and name the file as LeBrok.txt , while Fluffy will download his FTDNA raw data (Build 37 Raw Data Concatenated) and name the file as Fluffy.csv . Both using Windows.

Download SteppeK10.zip (save icon - an arrow in top right): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-X...lRSkcwV0k/view

Extract the files into a folder called SteppeK10, in C:/ . Now you have the folder C:/SteppeK10 , right? Inside it, the files DIYDodecadWin.exe , standardize.r , Steppe.10.F , Steppe.alleles , steppe.par , Steppe.txt .

LeBrok and Fluffy will put the files LeBrok.txt and Fluffy.csv into the folder C:/SteppeK10, respectively.

Download R software: http://cran.utstat.utoronto.ca/bin/windows/base/R-3.3.1-win.exe
Install* this program in English and using default options (if you don’t know how to do it, just ask). After that, run it (click in the icon “R x.. 3.3.1” in Desktop).
*I installed just the 64 bits version.

Once R is running, click in “File” (top left), then click in “Change dir”. Select the folder C:/SteppeK10 and click in “ok”.

Do you see the R console? After the “>” character, type the command below and press Enter:
source('standardize.r')

Now:
a. LeBrok, who tested hypothetically with 23andMe, will type the command below, press Enter and wait til he can type anything again:

Thanks for babysteps :), it worked like a charm.

I took some liberty and updated first post adding this as tutorial.

Admixture:Tomenable:Average of 11 Poles:LeBrok:LeBrok's
Wife
WHG-UHG37.1439.5938.7337.53
Steppe29.5433.8729.0130.09
Near Eastern29.3624.4126.7728.12
Hindu Kush3.320.503.502.25
Oceanian0.090.180.000.00
Siberian0.050.620.331.2
East Asian-0.161.090.35
Amerindian0.500.340.090.12
Southeast Asian-0.330.480.33

The "average" group of Poles was really high on WHG and Steppe and low on Farmer. I wonder what region they were from?
Surprisingly, for a guy who loves HGs, your Farmer/Near Eastern is the highest, Tomenable. ;)

I might have 1 percent of Tatar, East Asian, lol.

How did Hindu Kush got to Poland? With Gypsies? It is too elevated to be explained with few Gypsies in Poland, must be something else. The unknown history of Poland...

Regio & Goga thanks for helping other users, and LeBrok thanks for adding the tutorial.

I should have done that myself because it is my thread after all, sorry!

Here is a list of some (but not all) of ancient samples which are on Gedmatch:

(for example Celtic Briton Hinxton-4 is kit F999925 on Gedmatch):

http://www.y-str.org/p/ancient-dna.html

This list was last updated in 2014 or early 2015, so it doesn't have recent ones.

The author no longer updates it because he now became an orthodox Christian:

http://www.y-str.org/2016/07/focusing-on-trumpet-call-from-now-on.html

I had ceased developing Genetic Genealogy Tools last year. (...) I am called for a greater cause, to warn people and preach the true gospel message of repentance which leads to salvation. I started Trumpet Call, to be a watchman and warn people of the coming God's wrath which is lacking in today's churches.

You can be a Christian fanatic and still update your ancient DNA database, LOL.

Why did he stop?! :(

----------------------------
FINAL ADMIXTURE PROPORTIONS:

20.23% Near_Eastern
0.24% East_Asian
0.07% Siberian
0.00% Oceanian
41.10% WHG-UHG
0.00% Sub-Saharan
0.88% Hindu_Kush
37.38% Steppe
0.09% Amerindian
0.01% Southeast_Asian

If can compile results of K10 steppes on this forum in a spreadsheet, then I can put the results on PCA plot. Out of curiosity how we are spread out.

If can compile results of K10 steppes on this forum in a spreadsheet, then I can put the results on PCA plot. Out of curiosity how we are spread out.

Great idea, thanks!

FINAL ADMIXTURE PROPORTIONS:

20.23% Near_Eastern
0.24% East_Asian
0.07% Siberian
0.00% Oceanian
41.10% WHG-UHG
0.00% Sub-Saharan
0.88% Hindu_Kush
37.38% Steppe
0.09% Amerindian
0.01% Southeast_Asian

Here is a guy from Saint Petersburg for comparison:

20.25% Near_Eastern
0.72% East_Asian
2.92% Siberian
0.27% Oceanian
38.14% WHG-UHG
0.10% Sub-Saharan
2.53% Hindu_Kush
34.59% Steppe
0.48% Amerindian
0.00% Southeast_Asian

20.25% Near_Eastern
0.72% East_Asian
2.92% Siberian
0.27% Oceanian
38.14% WHG-UHG
0.10% Sub-Saharan
2.53% Hindu_Kush
34.59% Steppe
0.48% Amerindian
0.00% Southeast_Asian

St-Petersburg is ethnically so diverse, with people settled it from all over Russia, Ukraine and other republics.

St-Petersburg is ethnically so diverse, with people settled it from all over Russia, Ukraine and other republics.

A city such as Novosibirsk, considered to be capital of Siberia is more Russian and Slavic than St-Petersburg.

20.25% Near_Eastern
0.72% East_Asian
2.92% Siberian
0.27% Oceanian
38.14% WHG-UHG
0.10% Sub-Saharan
2.53% Hindu_Kush
34.59% Steppe
0.48% Amerindian
0.00% Southeast_Asian
Thanks. This is very interesting. I expected more of the East_Asian + Siberian components. This is a surprise!

A city such as Novosibirsk, considered to be capital of Siberia is more Russian and Slavic than St-Petersburg.
Why, what do you mean by that?

Also maybe that Russian fella from St-Petersburg is not really native to that city. So you need much more samples and examples to determine an average of that city

Thanks. This is very interesting. I expected more of the East_Asian + Siberian components. This is a surprise!

Expected more? Take a look at large samples of Russians in the spreadsheet Tomenable posted. Russians have little east asian and siberian components.

Why, what do you mean by that?

Also maybe that Russian fella from St-Petersburg is not really native to that city. So you need much more samples and examples to determine an average of that city

What are you not clear of? St-Petersburg is a large city of around 5mln populated by peoples of all kind of ethnicities from all over former Russian empire and USSR. They don't represent people of north-western Russia. People of regional areas surrounding St-Petersburg represent north-western Russians.

Expected more? Take a look at large samples of Russians in the spreadsheet Tomenable posted. Russians have little east asian and siberian components.
Maybe I made a mistake. St-Petersburg is a northern city, close to Finland and other Finno-Ugric people. There is lots of Y-DNA hg. N1c1 in that are.

Hg. N1c1 has to be part of WHG-UHG. I made a mistake because I didn't think about that.

This thread has been viewed 49491 times.

Back