Positive for CTS8489 but Negative for CTS8862

By "new SNPs" are you referring to private variants?

No, to the new SNPs discovered since I bought the first test (presumed + or -), and the Blue Downstream not available for testing in the “Y DNA Haplotree” Page.

https://dna-explained.com/2019/01/30/the-big-y-test-increases-again-to-big-y-700/

The Big Y test itself provides a scan of the majority of the Y chromosome, providing results to testers including:

• All SNPs found, both ancestral (original value) and derived (mutated state)
  • New mutations never discovered before known as Private Variants. It’s exciting to be a part of scientific discovery AND these are useful genealogically as well. I wrote about using the Estes Big Y results here.
  • Reports for named SNPs and private variants, both
  • Matching for SNPs
  • SNP tree placement
  • The new Block Tree
  • First 500, now 700 STR values included for free. You can read about how these markers work, here.
  • Matching to other testers for both SNPs and STRs above 111 (STRs below 111 are handled separately).

What about the Y-111?

I’m asking strictly about FTDNA.
I'm trying to find out what they really offer.

(I already tested for my downstreams at Yseq, so I know the results)

Question :)

If somebody buys a FTDNA STRs upgrade: Y-111 or Y-700, do they also test for new SNPs (markers) ???

and if they do, do they charge extra for + or - results, or is it all included ???

(Previously bought: y-67, ...SNPs pacK, and single SNPs testing)

I am pretty sure my original haplotree I got when I did the Y-111 now shows the +'s and -'s from my Big Y-700 test.
When I am able to access my FTDNA account I will verify that....I'm in a mountainous area.

I’m asking strictly about FTDNA.

(I already tested for my downstreams at Yseq, so I know the results)

@Salento:

sNQTNuG.jpg

A3SaUB1.jpg

https://learn.familytreedna.com/ftdna/test-y-dna-snps/

Deleted : Double post

also keyboard still autocorrect @Duarte with @Carlos :petrified:

@Duarte not all single SNPs are available for testing in my page.

(I’m positive for CTS8862 and I tested positive for Z19945 at yseq, (neg. for CTS1848)

What about the Y-111?

My understanding is that you get Y-111 tested when you do the Big Y...if that is your question.

My understanding is that you get Y-111 tested when you do the Big Y...if that is your question.

I have y-67, and I bought the T-M184 SNP PACK, ... before.

I’m thinking to get Y-111, not the Big Y 700.

Do they show the positive SNPs?
They show only your positives in the haplotree area......bottom of the tree is your snp, including private ones

Y-111 is not that good as many testers jump from y67 to the big- y 's

you have minimal people on y111......I regret doing mine, but I did get a good deal

Thank you for Answering my Questions, Torzio, BMW, Duarte

I am pretty sure my original haplotree I got when I did the Y-111 now shows the +'s and -'s from my Big Y-700 test.
When I am able to access my FTDNA account I will verify that....I'm in a mountainous area.

Yes, the + or - results are all included.
Yes, my updated haplotree shows all my +'s and -'s.

Thank you for Answering my Questions, Torzio, BMW, Duarte

You’re welcome:)

First I took the Y-111 test. The result was disappointing. My predicted haplogroup was R-M269. After the test, they showing me a series of SNPs that could be tested downstream. What was shown to me was a lottery! I did not want this. I preferred to upload to Big Y and find out my exact haplogroup: R1b-FGC35133.

"Yes, my updated haplotree shows all my +'s and -'s.".....the large list is at the bottom of the tree.

Thanks for sharing the link, torzio.

This thread has been viewed 62090 times.

Back