Classify me

You could be Swedish from Dalarna, but you're not Nordic. Celtic would be closer.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

You could be Swedish from Dalarna, but you're not Nordic. Celtic would be closer.

with celtic you mean north atlantid/atlantid? and why did you say I could be from sweden?

with celtic you mean north atlantid/atlantid? and why did you say I could be from sweden?
Yes, Atlantid.
But we have this phenotype in some places in Sweden. Mostly because of Vallons and Celtic slaves.

Yes, Atlantid.
But we have this phenotype in some places in Sweden. Mostly because of Vallons and Celtic slaves.

I know it is particularly widespread in some parts of the west norway

I know it is particularly widespread in some parts of the west norway
Yes, the majority is is actually in Iceland and Greenland. But Norway as well. Vikings sold and traded slaves in Scandinavia. That's why I wrote you could be from a place like Dalarna and resemble some of it's population. I actually have many friends with similar phenotype. I believe have some interesting idea that we all look certain way. While it may be true, we do have a lot of diversities between ethnic swedes.

Barring the eye color, being more typical of places like Croatia and Slovenia. Meaning almost devoid of melanin. I think nose, forehead protrusion, hairline... One of the typical looks one could see around central Italy, or even parts of Albania. But yeah, the eyes and the eyebrows kind of throw that look off. Making it seem more different than it might actually be.

You look more Balkan like than Italian like to me. Maybe Albanian ancestry but living in Italy?

Italians usually have stronger bones.

Canavaro...
cannavaro.raccattapalle.1987.356x237.jpg

02f370e47c5d111181cd860f8cdb9970.jpg

It's possible, though.

Ricardo Scamarcio might be closer, but still not the same...
View attachment 12924
e1fffe6f6e5afe73152bf7f06b021322.jpg

Some people in my area are probably in the ballpark.

BmaDYp9.png
[/IMG]

aVwifhm.png
[/IMG]

Still more bones, though, and a different nose.

My cousin, who is much more fair, also doesn't really fit.

JQCYP9e.png
[/IMG]

I don't see anything Atlantid about you whatsoever.

If you are an ethnic Italian, where do your ancestors come from?

And here are some ethnic swedes from Dalarna. People are indeed diverse.
04c35c44207ca73948d42c42f45517bf.jpg

And here are some ethnic swedes from Dalarna. People are indeed diverse.
04c35c44207ca73948d42c42f45517bf.jpg

Doesn't Salarna have a Saami village, and therefore people with Saami admixture? That would explain that they don't have the typical Swedish look. Even so, the man on the left looks Swedish to me in terms of facial features, and the other two definitely don't look, say, Italian or Spanish or Greek. Maybe Hungarian or something.

interesting, they look center-south europeans. Anyway in your opinion atlantid and north-atlantid are synonymous?
I don't agree. They look Swedish and they are Swedish. We have different phenotype since... yeah you tell me. I agree that each and every nation have a distinct phenotype and I would easily recognise a Swedish person on a vacation abroad. Sometimes at work we have fun watching pics on LinkedIn and guessing nationality and most times people are fundamentally very wrong. A whole group of people is much easier than guessing an individual. But you can see what clothes, haircut etc they have.

Doesn't Salarna have a Saami village, and therefore people with Saami admixture? That would explain that they don't have the typical Swedish look. Even so, the man on the left looks Swedish to me in terms of facial features, and the other two definitely don't look, say, Italian or Spanish or Greek. Maybe Hungarian or something.
I understand what you mean. But I used the picture of the people I have had worked with. To be honest they aren't really from Dalarna either but moved there to work in the IT department. I really don't know if there is a Sami village, but I have a friend who's family is "kind of" Sami. My wife's grandparents came from all the way north. Area called Överkalix. Her fathers cousin is said to be Sami, but they are blond and fair so I don't know how much Sami she is. I've always pictured Sami as almost Red Indian looking but when I look at documentaries about them on TV half look like everyone else.

I do agree that for foreigners people on the picture are not representing the "typical Swedish look".

I understand what you mean. But I used the picture of the people I have had worked with. To be honest they aren't really from Dalarna either but moved there to work in the IT department. I really don't know if there is a Sami village, but I have a friend who's family is "kind of" Sami. My wife's grandparents came from all the way north. Area called Överkalix. Her fathers cousin is said to be Sami, but they are blond and fair so I don't know how much Sami she is. I've always pictured Sami as almost Red Indian looking but when I look at documentaries about them on TV half look like everyone else.

I do agree that for foreigners people on the picture are not representing the "typical Swedish look".

I've been several times to Sweden, thus I know, that the guy on the right doesn't look like the average Swedish Joe. Therefore, I assume that he has some foreign admixture down the line.

From my experience Swedish folks who don't look typically Swedish usually have some foreign ancestry. On apricity some user posted pics of a singer who was actually half Lebanese and half Swedish, and they claimed that he was 100% Swedish. They showed this singer in order to prove that Scandinavians can look Mediterranean, too. However, I met a Swedish family, who looked indeed Mediterranean. The thing was, that they were Swedish people of Ashkenazi Jewish descent who had roots in Germany. Anyway, I had a discussion on YT where some Scandinavians swore that Helena Christiansen is fully Danish. To me, she looked way too exotic. Hence, I googled her, and it turned out, that she is half Peruvian, Latina and half Danish.

db535aa0f62889c5072fd3ddb9db3e4c--helena-christensen-oxfords.jpg

0f7d6d65860f1933749d0a41829ba7dc.jpg

The ugly truth about stereotypes, they are often true, just not always.

Anyway, this Swedish woman has dark hair but still looks Swedish.

2bdb48c0ed94be759599bc8fe246af50.jpg

31c14449-03dc-11eb-be01-48df379ccacc_05.jpg

Alpine Atlantid and you look perfectly Italian. I can't see Balkan at all. People from Balkans are easily spottable in Italy. Which region are you from?

I've been several times to Sweden, thus I know, that the guy on the right doesn't look like the average Swedish Joe. Therefore, I assume that he has some foreign admixture down the line.

From my experience Swedish folks who don't look typically Swedish usually have some foreign ancestry. On apricity some user posted pics of a singer who was actually half Lebanese and half Swedish, and they claimed that he was 100% Swedish. They showed this singer in order to prove that Scandinavians can look Mediterranean, too. However, I met a Swedish family, who looked indeed Mediterranean. The thing was, that they were Swedish people of Ashkenazi Jewish descent who had roots in Germany. Anyway, I had a discussion on YT where some Scandinavians swore that Helena Christiansen is fully Danish. To me, she looked way too exotic. Hence, I googled her, and it turned out, that she is half Peruvian, Latina and half Danish.

db535aa0f62889c5072fd3ddb9db3e4c--helena-christensen-oxfords.jpg

0f7d6d65860f1933749d0a41829ba7dc.jpg

The ugly truth about stereotypes, they are often true, just not always.

Anyway, this Swedish woman has dark hair but still looks Swedish.

2bdb48c0ed94be759599bc8fe246af50.jpg

31c14449-03dc-11eb-be01-48df379ccacc_05.jpg
Couldn't you at least find a picture of a better singer than Jenny of Ace of Base. And yes she does look Swedish as well.

Alpine Atlantid and you look perfectly Italian. I can't see Balkan at all. People from Balkans are easily spottable in Italy. Which region are you from?

sardinia. Anyway my looking can confuse because my main mediterrenean blend is the pontid, so I can be a north pontid instead of an atlantid.

sardinia. Anyway my looking can confuse because my main mediterrenean blend is the pontid, so I can be a north pontid instead of an atlantid.

Have you done any genetic tests? I am interested to know, your steppe component since some features in my mind I associate with IE, the nose, the forehead, the hairline, but on the other hand not sure how much IE/Yamnaya modern Sardinia has. So maybe these features are AEF in nature. Some of those features I share, just in a more conspicuous way..

This thread has been viewed 10035 times.

Back