Most WHG guy ever?

saraman

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if this the appropriate subsection for this.

This Sardinian fellow strikes me alot for being atypical. But he carries traits you'd might consider to be neither Anatolian Neolithic or Steppe but might consider natively "European" but more so on the radical side like Udmurts and Sardinians. Relatively darkskin, light eyes, and "Cro-Magnon" features.

j1jpTCB.jpgolh8Ong.jpg4GnBch4.jpg
Who knows he might be a WHG survivor. How much WHG would he be?

I have a cousin like this. Looks straight up whg.

This Sardinian fellow strikes me alot for being atypical. But he carries traits you'd might consider to be neither Anatolian Neolithic or Steppe but might consider natively "European" but more so on the radical side like Udmurts and Sardinians. Relatively darkskin, light eyes, and "Cro-Magnon" features.
View attachment 13420View attachment 13421View attachment 13422

I think he is some kind of E
Jeremey meeks vibe
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Meeks

I think he is some kind of E
Jeremey meeks vibe
Perhaps, but he could also be C if not I, the most likely (for Sardinia) and if not more evidence that ydna is not solely responsible for phenotype.
Yes, I can see the similarities. Lol.

I see you have not too much clues about what could pass for 'cromagnon'-like! Too narrow jaw, too thick lips.
Sure, he isn't typical for a typical 'mediter' of any sort or for a 'steppic'mix; for 'anatolian-mediter' It's not too evident and we lack the top part of his head to juge acutely. That said, he surely has some heritage of one kind of WHG in his traits.

Do we have whg skulls to know they were very cromagnid like? It was always the assumption but I wqnna know if it reigns true.

I see you have not too much clues about what could pass for 'cromagnon'-like! Too narrow jaw, too thick lips.
Sure, he isn't typical for a typical 'mediter' of any sort or for a 'steppic'mix; for 'anatolian-mediter' It's not too evident and we lack the top part of his head to juge acutely. That said, he surely has some heritage of one kind of WHG in his traits.

"Cro-Magnon" in my opinion is anything archaic-like. Besides, I'm not too convinced(or at the most speculative of it) in the whole label. Also, "narrow jaw"? You are serious? Anyways, what is that "one kind of WHG"?

"Cro-Magnon" in my opinion is anything archaic-like. Besides, I'm not too convinced(or at the most speculative of it) in the whole label. Also, "narrow jaw"? You are serious? Anyways, what is that "one kind of WHG"?

"too narrow jaw"? YES! and too narrow face as a whole, if you refer to some 'cromagnon-like' (well defined type, and not a vaguely chronologic step in Human evolution: it's always the same question of labelling).
We have diverse WHG of Mesolithical times and this place them very later than the 'croma' patterns. So I use the term of "...-like" and not "..." to mark this reality. They were variable in features, but the most often two (or even three) types seems emerging:
- a 'cromagnon-like' one (subdolichocephalic skull, low linear profile of skull measured to the ears holes, "evolved" frontal, short an broad face with broad inferior jaw, rather projecting chin.
- a 'brünn-like' one (dolichocephalic skull, rather high arched profile of skull, very brutal receding frontal, stronger browridges, longer face with broad cheebones BUT rather narrow inferior jaw. Almost the contrary to 'croma'.
- a for very close to 'brünn', but with higher faced, with the same tendencies concerning the contraste between cheekbones and lower jaw; someones called it 'capelloid' on the model of 'Combe-Capelle' man (more recent than both types above, and considered by others as a more recent variant of 'brünn' types);
At mesolithic intermediary forms were common, and statures were become very variable from a group to another with some kind of irregular gradiant between SW (shortest) and NE (highest). In the Iron Gate at Mesolithic the HG's people presented the two former types, the input of every type being stronger or weaker according to groups, all this before the crossings with EEF of Anatolian origin.
Concerning the Sardinian posted here, I wrote he had some input of these WHG types but in a slight way only; but he cannot be taken as a model for 'croma' in the sensu strictu, concerning face.

Don't get distracted or even hypnotised by those blue eyes... His bone structure looks quite steppe or Asian influenced.

Amazing how in four very short sentences you reveal that you know nothing of physical anthropology. So why express opinions about it?

he definitely could be a model
but as a representive of whg face no i dont think so sorry :)

Don't get distracted or even hypnotised by those blue eyes... His bone structure looks quite steppe or Asian influenced.

Really? You don't say.

You mean like him?

Steppe men-Corded Ware.PNG

Baloney. Sardinia has litterally next to no steppe admixture, and.. asian admixture? Haha. Delusional.

Amazing how in four very short sentences you reveal that you know nothing of physical anthropology. So why express opinions about it?

Whatevs, physical anthropology is not science anyways and I didn't say I was an expert. Also, this is just a question. You can answer it or not. I'm just looking at his phenotype and what I depict would be some hypothetical cm traits, just my opinion.

Can anyone explain why he looks the way he does then? Why is he so atypical?

Baloney. Sardinia has litterally next to no steppe admixture, and.. asian admixture? Haha. Delusional.
You just said he looks atypical.
Make up your mind.
I asume the more typical Sardinians do no have those features. His bone structure looks Central European.

'steppe': what sort? 'Asian'??? what meaning, indeed?!?

Whatevs, physical anthropology is not science anyways and I didn't say I was an expert. Also, this is just a question. You can answer it or not. I'm just looking at his phenotype and what I depict would be some hypothetical cm traits, just my opinion.

Physical anthropology is not a hard science, OK., but is still some kind of science trying to link some phoenotypes to some human groups or to evaluate the proximity of these groups based on their respective distribution; (in fact this is typology as opposed to metrics which works more on means and whose results can be very weird sometimes if not helped by a taste of typology). Phoenotypes depends on genetical traits for the most, besides mesologic influences, spite the difficulty is that it is not easy to link these traits to specific genes or loci and to evaluate global autosomal proximity based only on these external traits which can drive very quickly in small pop's or under strong survival pressure so selection.

That said you 're legid to say what you think, and yes, this man's face is not typical of the diverse classical 'mediter' types. But a pure "WHG" face of any sort?. I doubt. No offense.

I don't see (much) influence of the Asian steppes here.

Nevertheless it was the kind of face (bones) that was the more often found among the first Corded Ware. A maybe a more northern selected kit of features among Steppics who were a bit more massive and broad faced as a whole, and more variated concerning facial look, if I read well.
Currently the input of this "type" or of the principal features attached to this "type" is still visible among Scandinavian pop's and at a lesser level in other pop's of Germanic or even Slavic, Baltic, Finnic origin, spite not typical of the most of these last pop's.

This thread has been viewed 8840 times.

Back