Southern Illyrians & Mycenean Greeks on a PCA plot

Neolithic. My bad. Was referring to Huban's master slave theories where he protrays non IE people, ie EEF/WHG as Untermensch.
As for Brumzi, how sure are you he is L283 :LOL:
Also Torbesh and Semites are based, so have no idea what you mean by that? "Lizards" Is that some derogatory sh? C'mon brother, I expect better from you.

We already know about Neolithic, Cardium Pottery Culture is the culture E-L618 is constantly being found. And this culture had Natufian/Iberomaurusian-like influence. It fits like gloves. But, the graph shows no E-L618/E-V13 in Balkans, which is strange because it shows 1 in Mesolithic. There was an old Yugoslav archaeological belief which Huban shared that Mesolithic Montenegro had some Iberomaurusian influx. Though, quite debatable i would say. The Mushabian/Natufian => South-East Turkey Neolithic => Cardial-Ware makes the most sense to me. He must have been found in transitional period between Mesolithic to Neolithic in a Mesolithic context likely.

We already know about Neolithic, Cardium Pottery Culture is the culture E-L618 is constantly being found. And this culture had Natufian/Iberomaurusian-like influence. It fits like gloves. But, the graph shows no E-L618/E-V13 in Balkans, which is strange because it shows 1 in Mesolithic. There was an old Yugoslav archaeological belief which Huban shared that Mesolithic Montenegro had some Iberomaurusian influx. Though, quite debatable i would say. The Mushabian/Natufian => South-East Turkey Neolithic => Cardial-Ware makes the most sense to me. He must have been found in transitional period between Mesolithic to Neolithic in a Mesolithic context likely.

In honesty I have no particular opinion on this. Just thought it amusing guessing what Hubans reaction would be, how he would rationalize things. You have no obligation to answer for him though, think after all the shit he has said about Albanians over the years he does not deserve your service. I hope you agree.

In honesty I have no particular opinion on this. Just thought it amusing guessing what Hubans reaction would be, how he would rationalize things. You have no obligation to answer for him though, think after all the shit he has said about Albanians over the years he does not deserve your service. I hope you agree.

What service? I barely know him. We are not here playing soccer games making affiliations. I take stuff which make sense. We do have starting points where we agree and disagree. For instance, i believe Proto-Albanoid was brought by Channeled-Ware people, something which Riverman and Huban disagree with me.

What service? I barely know him. We are not here playing soccer games making affiliations. I take stuff which make sense. We do have starting points where we agree and disagree. For instance, i believe Proto-Albanoid was brought by Channeled-Ware people, something which Riverman and Huban disagree with me.

You have a point there. In the first pages of L283 thread, back when people were still talking Ottoman Migrant theories for Albanians Huban/Aspurg got L283 - Illyrian connection right to the details, think this was first quarter of last decade... But I know very well that you know what I meant. Not all people have good faith, and while the benefit of the doubt is a starting state, with time it erodes just as it did for him in my eyes (for non academic/ideological purposes) and is doing for Riverman in my eyes (for pseudo academic purposes).

Wish this same courtesy could be extended to Brumzi though, I think as far as debates go, he provides good insight whether one agrees with particular stances or not. But in relation to him, it seems people are playing soccer after all. Ie: For you he is L283, but someone else was swearing to me he is E-V13. :LOL:

You do realize that it's a coincidence because that Albanians plot close on PCA because they are shifted in 2 directions at the same time? Albanians are shifted to Slavic and Anatolia at the same time.
And these alien Anatolians and Slavs did not have any EEF/Yamnaya/HG/etc.? The slight change in admixture proportions created an entirely new and different population?

Southern Illyrians & Mycenean Greeks on a PCA plot

You do realize that it's a coincidence because that Albanians plot close on PCA because they are shifted in 2 directions at the same time? Albanians are shifted to Slavic and Anatolia at the same time.

PCA is coincidence YDNA is not indicative, so what else? Hahahaha ridiculous. Keep it coming, it is all good fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Last edited:
You have a point there. In the first pages of L283 thread, back when people were still talking Ottoman Migrant theories for Albanians Huban/Aspurg got L283 - Illyrian connection right to the details, think this was first quarter of last decade... But I know very well that you know what I meant. Not all people have good faith, and while the benefit of the doubt is a starting state, with time it erodes just as it did for him in my eyes (for non academic/ideological purposes) and is doing for Riverman in my eyes (for pseudo academic purposes).

Wish this same courtesy could be extended to Brumzi though, I think as far as debates go, he provides good insight whether one agrees with particular stances or not. But in relation to him, it seems people are playing soccer after all. Ie: For you he is L283, but someone else was swearing to me he is E-V13. :LOL:
Why do you waste time with these non-Albanians with a fake country flag?

To think that Trojet had to jump in and confirm about me truly being E-V13 because I was accused by these Ottomans for being something else. They take this Y-DNA thing way too seriously.

Comparison of two leaked PCAs:

daFowyc.png
MExlHyN.png

@Jovialis

After seeing the leaked PCA, if applicable, how does your idea change on the Proto-Albanians

If it is accurate, it looks like Albanian IA overlaps with Tuscan. But later was pulled east by Slavs. I'd also like to see Albanian_BA, if they are a two-way between Aegean_BA and northern Ancient Balkanites.

If it is accurate, it looks like Albanian IA overlaps with Tuscan. But later was pulled east by Slavs. I'd also like to see Albanian_BA, if they are a two-way between Aegean_BA and northern Ancient Balkanites.

Looking at the PCA modern Albania seems a bit pulled towards post antiquity Greeks.

BTW, where does this PCA come from?

What PCA are you referring to? The first image is from SANU, on an upcoming Balkan study, it's the Iron Age PCA.

What PCA are you referring to? The first image is from SANU, on an upcoming Balkan study, it's the Iron Age PCA.
The first one.
I could be wrong about modern Albania being pulled towards modern Greece though: which population is supposed to be the donor for slavic ancestry in the Balkans?

Seems you are forgetting what Brumzi tried so hard to tell you about some leaks, aren't you? lol Since often you get confused at my comments. I am referring to the pre Glasinac Mati L283 in Albania. They had to come from nowhere in historical period mate.
When things were more ambiguous some credit was due, but now that things start to settle your bias is showing. Old story in fora, remember Huban? Mask slips here and there. Wonder what he will comment about Neolithic* V13 in Balkans if its confirmed.
But as for you, you might benefit from understanding one cant always be right. Just like you in the last 2-3 debates we had here and on anthro.

Albanian IA and modern Albanians overlapping? Muh noo, these were mixed Illyrians, Illyri propi dicti were not a thing(sarcasm).
Mate the whole backstage to your theories coincidentally always backs anti Albanian rhetoric in respect to autochthony, whatever haplo or period is being discussed.

I would understand this to be the case for a Balkan person brainwashed by 100 years of Jugoslav propaganda, but for an Austrian (us having had this discussion in private) you seem very Balkan like. Maybe its not just your haplogroup. Well certain diasporas are prevalent over there after all, and truth is not always told over pms, huh?

Let's stick to the facts. Like what is upsetting about Bruzmi is that he misquotes papers the wrong way three times, five times, ten times, always selectively. Like when he quoted Nenova, he pointed out the LBA diversity of Bulgaria/Thrace, but she herself wrote in the same paper, some pages later, how big the impact of Channelled Ware was, that it created a new era and can be used to relatively date the LBA-EIA transition. Its so widespread and common, so homogeneous in almost all later Thracian territories, that it can be used to date other finds and cultures!
I wrote this to him, but he still keeps quoting Nenova as if her paper would create some sort of contradiction to what I'm saying: Absolutely not, I quoted her before he did, and I say exactly what she says, just with one difference, since the "pots not people" dogma doesn't allow the "correctly working" archaeologists to prematurely associate such archaeological complexes with mass migrations and replacement events. That's the job of ancient DNA, to prove or disprove that.

And that's bad intention, if people do that over and over again. Selectively misquoting papers.

I made my faults too, but I won't repost the same quotations 10 times on 5 fora in a misleading and wrongly contextualised way.

As for J-L283 before Glasinac-Mati: I said repeatedly that I see Illyrians being associated with Posusje-Dinaric culture, either coming from Cetina or Castellieri with some influences from Apennine Italian and/or Alpine Tumulus culture.

We will see when exaclty J-L283 gets more numerous in e.g. Serbia, so not just low level presence like in Mokrin, but really starting to get dominant.

Critical for me is how this relates to E-V13 and its prehistory, because my main point was that E-V13 spread late in the Balkans, especially the more Southern Balkan, to which Albania belongs. And that's exactly what we see, up to this point: Even J-L283 in high frequencies was there before E-V13.

What does that mean? In my opinion it means Proto-Illyrians reached parts of Serbia, possibly very Northern Albania, earlier than E-V13 which came with Channelled Ware. They might have started to mix with local populations there or not, that's something we don't know, but they seem to have been there, before.

Thracians with Channelled Ware and dominated by E-V13 came in on top of these earlier layers and pushed them West, initially.

Like the area of Srem: It was not related to Channelled Ware groups before the LBA-EIA, but it was largely taken by G?va-related Channelled Ware groups in the transitional period. However, in the Early to Middle Iron Age, the Illyrians, under pressure from the West, started to push back and crossed into Srem, creating a largely Illyrian group with Channelled Ware/Thracian substrate.

So the same area might have been:
- 1. Heavily J-L283 and related to Illyrians at one point in the Bronze Age
- 2. Became more E-V13 and Thracian shifted in the LBA-EIA transition
- 3. Was taken by Illyrians (historically proven) from the West which formed kind of an adstrate and replaced a good portion of the locals

What would that mean for the J-L283 : E-V13 ratio? It shifted from 2. to 3. fairly massively, because we really see that new elites just crashed into the area, and replacing the preceding one to a large degree.

That's what I'm talking about. I'm not questioning that historically known people were ethnic Illyrians. But they were different from core Illyrian groups which being dominated by J-L283 and resemble HRV_BA/IA not by chance, but because of fairly big admixtue events with locals/other neighbours, especially the Thracians and Paenonians, Channelled Ware related formations.

Not just Slavs, but the Roman Imperial admixture.

So Slavs go north-east, Roman Imperial goes south-east. North/South mostly cancel themselves out, but nothing to counterbalance the east.

It seems Southern Europe in general shifted more east after the Roman Empire.

Is there any ancient ethnicity/linguistic group that is genetically identical to modern populations of the same area?

Because I know for a fact that modern Baltic people are more Southern shifted than their ancestors.

Italians are Eastern shifted or Northern shifted.

Iberians are South Eastern shifted.

So does anyone really deserve to be called anything?

This dude is acting like all groups are homogenous. Were all Italics identical? Were all Slavs identical? Were all Celts identical? But Illyrians for some reason are the same.

The entire reason I made this thread is because I knew southern Illyrians should have been close to Macedonians. And voila that chart shows exactly that.

Geography is the biggest predictor of genetics. Northern Illyrians cluster more closely to Venetics/Northern Italians, while Southern Illyrians more closely to Greeks/Central Italians (later Southern).

So Slavs go north-east, Roman Imperial goes south-east. North/South mostly cancel themselves out, but nothing to counterbalance the east.

That's very true. The North-South positioned changed in many regions much less than the West <-> East one. Just think about the Croatian and some upcoming Serbian BA-IA samples which could plot with Italians and French.

This dude is acting like all groups are homogenous. Were all Italics identical? Were all Slavs identical? Were all Celts identical? But Illyrians for some reason are the same.

The entire reason I made this thread is because I knew southern Illyrians should have been close to Macedonians. And voila that chart shows exactly that.

Usually a people were fairly homogeneous, not always, but most of the time, after their ethnogenesis. And we can clearly recognise the Illyrian ethnogenesis started from the EBA-MBA and ended with the HRV_MBA samples. From then on, we deal with a continuity in uniparentals and autosomal profil for the Illyrian core groups. Before, well, there were shifts and we have not enough samples yet.

Same goes e.g. for Germanics or Slavs. They were surely more homogeneous before expanding and mixing with other people outside of their original homelands. Like in Pannonia, the Balkans, Germany. Same here for Illyrians, which are such an easy case, because they preferred inhumatoin throughout. Most other IE did have at least some period for cremation, but they really sticked to their collective tumuli burials for their clans. With only rare and not as important exceptions, especially in the core area. That's why we have a continuous sampling from the MBA to the Roman era, by and large. Its glass clear who the Illyrian founder were, and which tribes mixed with other people.

My models have shown a range of a bit to a lot of Anatolia BA throughout the whole of the Balkans. So yes, maybe some.

That's very true. The North-South positioned changed in many regions much less than the West <-> East one. Just think about the Croatian and some upcoming Serbian BA-IA samples which could plot with Italians and French.

Usually a people were fairly homogeneous, not always, but most of the time, after their ethnogenesis. And we can clearly recognise the Illyrian ethnogenesis started from the EBA-MBA and ended with the HRV_MBA samples. From then on, we deal with a continuity in uniparentals and autosomal profil for the Illyrian core groups. Before, well, there were shifts and we have not enough samples yet.

Same goes e.g. for Germanics or Slavs. They were surely more homogeneous before expanding and mixing with other people outside of their original homelands. Like in Pannonia, the Balkans, Germany. Same here for Illyrians, which are such an easy case, because they preferred inhumatoin throughout. Most other IE did have at least some period for cremation, but they really sticked to their collective tumuli burials for their clans. With only rare and not as important exceptions, especially in the core area. That's why we have a continuous sampling from the MBA to the Roman era, by and large. Its glass clear who the Illyrian founder were, and which tribes mixed with other people.

There is a reason why northern parts of Europe have more Steppe ancestry. There were less people there. It's that simple. EEFs largely dominated Southern Europe. We see this north/south effect in Italy and the Balkans, including Illyrians.

Northern Illyrians are no more "core Illyrians" than Fins or Estonians who have the highest steppe ancestry are "core Indo-Europeans". The word "Illyrians" was specifically meant for Iron Age Albanians, and only later covered northern parts of the Balkans. By far and away the most powerful tribes were in the south close to the Hellenic world.

This thread has been viewed 74114 times.

Back