Post your "genetically predicted place of origin" (based on Eurogenes K36 results)

Basque: 3,89
Central_Euro: 8,36
East Balkan: 4,25
East Central Euro: 3,78
Eastern Europe: 0,50
Fennoscandian: 13,44
French: 6,79
Iberian: 0,65
Italian: 13,74
North Arlantic: 18,48
North Sea: 25,09
Volga-Ural: 0,99
West Med: 0,02

The calculator put me somewhere in the North Sea (near Scarborough). It‘s more than 550km from where I and most of my ancestors where born. I was born in the former Westphalian part of Lower Saxony.

maparioja.gif

He has given me the coordinates of

San Millan de la Cogolla (Soria)

In the 6th century, an anchorite from Berceo named Millán lived here for forty years in some excavated caves, until he died in 574 at the age of one hundred and one. He laid the foundations of what four centuries later would become the Suso monastery, which was founded in 931, in the Mozarabic style.
It was sacked by Almanzor and rebuilt in 1030 in Mozarabic style, by the Navarrese king Sancho III el Mayor. Over time it became a place of pilgrimage, where warriors and nobles came to entrust themselves in their battles against the Muslims.
In 1053 the remains of San Millán were transferred to the Yuso Monastery.

It is considered the cradle of the Castilian language. Inside the Yuso Monastery there are these two plaques that commemorate the birth of Castilian and Basque.

EMILIAN GLOSSES

It is a codex dated 1040, where an anonymous monk from the monastery left in gloss 60, folio 72, the most important legacy, since it is the first testimony of the Castilian language.

Its twelve simple lines translate a Latin text into the language he and his neighbors used.

Very good for me in fact I would say a luxury

Mine is on the west side of Maastricht; usually in the oracles my closest matches are South Dutch so this makes sense. My male line originates not too far away in the Rhenish Palatinate.

He just recently admitted there's something wrong with his calculators for modern people, but I still see results from them being posted.

I don't get it. HE ADMITTED THEY'RE FLAWED. What will it take for people to accept it?

Of course, Italians knew they were rigged against them from the beginning, but what excuse is there for the rest of the internet hobbyists now.

Lots of papers with new tools have come out. His mole in academia has probably informed him papers will come out showing his percentages were garbage.

Yeah, I know, he said the ones based on ancient samples are ok. If somebody believes that I can give you a good price on the Brooklyn Bridge.

It is terrible for Europeans who not North or Central European. I remember using the program for fun, and found myself floating in the South Mediterranean Sea north of Alexandria Egypt. It is not flawed so much as its assumptions are biased, a lot of those programs are even those made by Dienekes (remember him!), I was a part of his reference groups, I was part of Wesolowski's reference group. Both men had their agendas and biases.

The best PCA's are based on the results on many Europeans from most European countries and their regional variation. One old PCA is the one made by Novembre even with an anomaly (the Slovak). I am sure you all have seen that PCA.

Casa de Fuente Vieja,
Villanueva de la Jara, Cuenca, (Castilla La Mancha) Spain

Well, my father has found a rural house in the province of Cuenca.

CasadeFuenteViejaCuenca.jpeg

C.jpg

Villanueva de La Jara

We are 25 minutes away from the Ruta del Quijote. We suggest you to start this route from Villanueva de la Jara to San Clemente, Mota del Cuervo, El Toboso...

Exact coordinates for this particular house:

5852b5c543288.jpg

I start to investigate if these houses have any history and I find this:

Of Roman origin are all the country houses that existed scattered throughout the term and that after the reconquest became the residences of the most important families: Calvillos, la Varga, Mondéjar, Cardos, Ruiz, Marañosa, etc.

https://www.elpicazo.org/pueblo/historia-5/

I have two spectacular locations, the cradle of Castilian and the route of Don Quixote, can you ask for more?

Cool, Carlos (y)

Well, at least it's fun to play. I don't drown in the Mediterranean or I am buried in a Sahara dune, lol. Using the data displayed by yourDNAportal EU K36 to obtain the geografic coordinates the center of my circle is in the western Mediterranean, city of Tadjena, Algeria. It is a beautiful and very green place located at Tell Atlas (Arabic: الاطلس التلي‎) that is a mountain chain over 1,500 km (932 mi) in length, belonging to the Atlas mountain ranges in North Africa, stretching from Morocco, through Algeria to Tunisia. As I said, the center of my circle is Tadjena, Algeria and, and within a radius of 400 km from this the center of the circle are Palma, Valencia, Alicante, Elche, Murcia and Almeria, in Spain, Oujda, in Morocco, in addition to Oran, Algiers and Setif in Algeria.

6RpVjvB.png

2ow8Fxf.png

AsjsVXW.png

Last edited:
Cool, Carlos (y)

Well, at least it's fun to play. I don't drown in the Mediterranean or I am buried in a Sahara dune, lol. Using the data displayed by yourDNAportal EU K36 to obtain the geografic coordinates the center of my circle is in the western Mediterranean, city of Tadjena, Algeria. It is a beautiful and very green place located at Tell Atlas (Arabic: الاطلس التلي‎) that is a mountain chain over 1,500 km (932 mi) in length, belonging to the Atlas mountain ranges in North Africa, stretching from Morocco, through Algeria to Tunisia. As I said, the center of my circle is Tadjena, Algeria and, and within a radius of 400 km from this the center of the circle are Palma, Valencia, Alicante, Elche, Murcia and Almeria, in Spain, Oujda, in Morocco, in addition to Oran, Algiers and Setif in Algeria.

And why a 400 km circle, could it be 3000 km?

I had never heard of that area before?

And why a 400 km circle, could it be 3000 km?

I had never heard of that area before?

The developers of the application fixed the radius of 400 km from the center of the circle determined by the geographic coordinates as the probable area of ​​precision of the ethnicity projection: “Accuracy: radius of 400 kms”, is what they say in the ‘instructions manual’ at the top of the ‘calculator’, before the spaces to transcription of the data of K36 populations.

In the map plotted by me from ‘Google maps’ there is a ruler indicating what the distance would be corresponds to 200 km.

The developers of the application fixed the radius of 400 km from the center of the circle determined by the geographic coordinates as the probable area of ​​precision of the ethnicity projection: “Accuracy: radius of 400 kms”, is what they say in the ‘instructions manual’ at the top of the ‘calculator’, before the spaces to transcription of the data of K36 populations.

In the map plotted by me from ‘Google maps’ there is a ruler indicating what the distance would be corresponds to 200 km.

Let's play a little.

Mix those coordinates of that place in Google Earth with a destination that is 3000 km away from there, a destination that means something to you, if you don't get a result, invert the values and see. I have this intuition for you, 3000 km, is the oracle, there is no coherent explanation.

Let's play a little.

Mix those coordinates of that place in Google Earth with a destination that is 3000 km away from there, a destination that means something to you, if you don't get a result, invert the values and see. I have this intuition for you, 3000 km, is the oracle, there is no coherent explanation.

What I can tell you, for sure, is that my ethnic origin would not be 3000km away from Tadjena. The forum is ‘genetically predicted place of origin’ and not the place where my father or mother was born. My family is basically based in Belo Horizonte, city of Rio de Janeiro and city of São Paulo. The absolute truth is that no Brazilian from these places has ethnic ancestry in these cities. Maybe five hundred years from now, when the miscegenation that is still in progress is complete, my great-great-grandchildren can say that they are ethnic Cariocas, for example, and I hope so.

What I can tell you, for sure, is that my ethnic origin would not be 3000km away from Tadjena. The forum is ‘genetically predicted place of origin’ and not the place where my father or mother was born. My family is basically based in Belo Horizonte, city of Rio de Janeiro and city of São Paulo. The absolute truth is that no Brazilian from these places has ethnic ancestry in these cities. Maybe five hundred years from now, when the miscegenation that is still in progress is complete, my great-great-grandchildren can say that they are ethnic Cariocas, for example, and I hope so.

Yes, especially in the forums, it can be detected that crossbreeding is underway :grin:

Ps: And by the way, this would be my ‘genetically predicted place of origin’ according to ‘Google Earth’. A place of cultivation of grains, it seems :grin:

UuMrcOO.png

Ps: And by the way, this would be my ‘genetically predicted place of origin’ according to ‘Google Earth’. A place of cultivation of grains, it seems :grin:

UuMrcOO.png

That's still Tadjena in Algeria, it's your same results only searched on Google earth, it's not what I said.

That's still Tadjena in Algeria, it's your same results only searched on Google earth, it's not what I said.

Well, maybe I have a great-great-grandfather in País Vasco, considering that I am an R1b-DF27 and my paternal surname is Duarte, who comes from Basque, ‘Huarte’, from the elements ur, water or river, and art, in between. That is, it would mean between waters or between rivers and, therefore, a toponymic surname. Maybe I also have a great-great-grandmother Amerindian, considering that my mtFullSequence FTDNA is B2. But, unfortunately, I have no idea who she could be.

not good ... I can’t talk to fish, though Aquaman was probably from Otranto :grin:

... different one (LM G)
nMonte + ...

J8XqBZL.jpg

... almost :)

not good ... I can’t talk to fish, though Aquaman was probably from Otranto :grin:

... different one (LM G)
nMonte + ...

J8XqBZL.jpg

... almost :)

It's not far from the target and you didn't drown in the Mediterranean or died burned to the summit of Vesuvius or Etna :LOL:(y)

It's not far from the target and you didn't drown in the Mediterranean or died burned to the summit of Vesuvius or Etna :LOL:(y)

... I’m going to get chased by Bigfoot instead (Sasquatch / Yeti) :LOL:

DkDRvCU.jpg

This thread has been viewed 92820 times.

Back