Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

A bit of a sidetrack, the previous statement of yours regarding to the presence of L446 in Galicia, Asturias, and Cantabria, especially the Cantabria area, may have some connection to the Franco-Cantabrian refugium but that's more Paleolithic.... never mind

I am also negative for L206, L445, L452, M184, and M193. I am positive for M272 as you are.

Comparing 12 Y-STRs, I have 0 GD with Reddick and Mozetic (DYS385: 13, 13). I cannot find Dalessio or Fava on Ysearch or FTDNA.

Dalessio ysearch .............YSU4S

Dalessio ysearch .............YSU4S

He is greater than 6 steps away from me. I don't know, my genetic match list keeps on changing and seems confusing sometimes

He is greater than 6 steps away from me. I don't know, my genetic match list keeps on changing and seems confusing sometimes

what do you mean by keeps changing?.....in ysearch?

6 steps away from you, well......15 steps away from me.........yet ftdna who once had Dalessio zero GD from me, now sits at 2 GD from me.

reddick is still zero from me as well as 3 other "hessians", Smelser, Belser and Pelser..............I wonder if they are all related

Clearly something is amiss in the computations that these sites use

@ Fundora

do you have the following zero GD of these people in ftdna.

Charles Jones, David Hill, Thomas Jones ( not related to other Jones), Richard perry, William Atherholt, Enoch Scales, Johannes "Jhon" Schafer ...................all from USA, all from Virginia, South-Carolina or Georgia.......only Charles Jones claim british descent ( scot ). .............and Reddick, whose ancestors are hessian with names Rettig, retgen and ruddoch
The matrix links a few together

what do you mean by keeps changing?.....in ysearch?

6 steps away from you, well......15 steps away from me.........yet ftdna who once had Dalessio zero GD from me, now sits at 2 GD from me.

reddick is still zero from me as well as 3 other "hessians", Smelser, Belser and Pelser..............I wonder if they are all related

Clearly something is amiss in the computations that these sites use

In Ysearch I see that some individuals appear as matches one day and then the next they don't appear. I don't seem to understand why, maybe it's something with the system.

@Fundora

After conversations, I am more CTS9984 than CTS8862 , ( I have both ) but they are equal as being in same branch......i am confused, I will need to check it out more..........maybe these 2 will eventually split. They do sit together in all T trees.

@ Fundora

do you have the following zero GD of these people in ftdna.

Charles Jones, David Hill, Thomas Jones ( not related to other Jones), Richard perry, William Atherholt, Enoch Scales, Johannes "Jhon" Schafer ...................all from USA, all from Virginia, South-Carolina or Georgia.......only Charles Jones claim british descent ( scot ). .............and Reddick, whose ancestors are hessian with names Rettig, retgen and ruddoch
The matrix links a few together

I have 0 GD with all of them on FTDNA (using 12 Y-STRs) except Schafer... I can't see or find him on my matches list.

Last edited:
Also, @Sile

When I compare Y-STRs, should I just count how much STRs are different? or should I count that plus the difference that value is from my mine?

For instance, if I am DYS393=13, DYS390=22, DYS19=13 and someone else is DYS393=13, DYS390=25, DYS19=14 should I say they are 2 steps away or 4 steps (25-22=3 + 14-13=1...=4 in total)?

I think the first method is better because the values fluctuate, increasing or decreasing in repeats randomly over time. Thus, to compare based on the values too would be unnecessary and account for too much variability.

In addition, when I only included the slow-mutating Y-STRs to Ysearch, Dalessio came up as 2 steps away from me and the Russo individual was 1 step away from me. The others were an assortment of English and German individuals, 1 Brazilian, 1 Irish, and 1 more Italian (Lippi).

Also, @Sile

When I compare Y-STRs, should I just count how much STRs are different? or should I count that plus the difference that value is from my mine?

For instance, if I am DYS393=13, DYS390=22, DYS19=13 and someone else is DYS393=13, DYS390=25, DYS19=14 should I say they are 2 steps away or 4 steps (25-22=3 + 14-13=1...=4 in total)?

I think the first method is better because the values fluctuate, increasing or decreasing in repeats randomly over time. Thus, to compare based on the values too would be unnecessary and account for too much variability.

This is called the infinite or step system. I asked ftdna many times which they use and they do not answer.
I assume they use the infinite system which is your 2 step difference ( one for DYS390 and one for DYS19 ) ...I also think ysearch use the other system

In addition, when I only included the slow-mutating Y-STRs to Ysearch, Dalessio came up as 2 steps away from me and the Russo individual was 1 step away from me. The others were an assortment of English and German individuals, 1 Brazilian, 1 Irish, and 1 more Italian (Lippi).

IN ysearch dalessio is sometimes 6 GD and sometimes 15 GD from me
Never seen Russo

Lippi , I only seen in SMGF and he is from Eastern Lombardy ...IIRC from Brescia

Do you get riggermann from dornbirn Austria ( near lake constance) , Ahmann from east prussia or Benedetto from central Italy ...............benedetto says ancestor married a german and name is fabricated.
Bene = good
detto = some say
Some say a good "person"

On another matter ..........I used gedmatch to seek matches over 9cm , I then isolated all the ones with Ydna of T2b ( our branch ). I then ran all these in the new Mdlp k23b ...........and all 7 of these people came up with South_german, Austrian and hungarian in their choices...... as for myself , I got South_german, bergamo and then Piedmont, austrian and then tuscan.
I then ran these same 7 across another 2 gedmatch tests and their numbers hover close to each other...........I am unsure what it all means.

Try gedmatch mdlp K23b for admixtures and also try the many matches with a 9cm and 9cm option and see which ydna T you get

@fundora

Yfull and BigY has found 45 SNP's under T2ab branch
I suspect, these below to split to form further branches under L446

CTS1774, CTS3767, CTS8862, CTS9984, CTS11984 are downstream of L446. Listed 21 July 2014.

IN ysearch dalessio is sometimes 6 GD and sometimes 15 GD from me
Never seen Russo

Lippi , I only seen in SMGF and he is from Eastern Lombardy ...IIRC from Brescia

Do you get riggermann from dornbirn Austria ( near lake constance) , Ahmann from east prussia or Benedetto from central Italy ...............benedetto says ancestor married a german and name is fabricated.
Bene = good
detto = some say
Some say a good "person"

On another matter ..........I used gedmatch to seek matches over 9cm , I then isolated all the ones with Ydna of T2b ( our branch ). I then ran all these in the new Mdlp k23b ...........and all 7 of these people came up with South_german, Austrian and hungarian in their choices...... as for myself , I got South_german, bergamo and then Piedmont, austrian and then tuscan.
I then ran these same 7 across another 2 gedmatch tests and their numbers hover close to each other...........I am unsure what it all means.

Try gedmatch mdlp K23b for admixtures and also try the many matches with a 9cm and 9cm option and see which ydna T you get

I do not get Riggermann or Ahmann but I have seen Benedetto as a match before.

I took your advice on uploaded my data into GEDmatch. I have yet to pinpoint which admixture calculator is best, as they all seem to give roughly the same result. I cannot compare my results to other people (without their IDs) because it says my results have not been "batched" yet, meaning I can't do the "one-to-many" comparison.

I do not get Riggermann or Ahmann but I have seen Benedetto as a match before.

I took your advice on uploaded my data into GEDmatch. I have yet to pinpoint which admixture calculator is best, as they all seem to give roughly the same result. I cannot compare my results to other people (without their IDs) because it says my results have not been "batched" yet, meaning I can't do the "one-to-many" comparison.

it takes a week sometimes

Never mind, the function became available today. I had a lot of matches but only 1 is T-L131 and he is 7.1 generations away. But just because we share a common ancestor and similar haplogroup does not mean we are related paternally.

Never mind, the function became available today. I had a lot of matches but only 1 is T-L131 and he is 7.1 generations away. But just because we share a common ancestor and similar haplogroup does not mean we are related paternally.

who is your one L131

I have 4 ..........schale ( central germany) , Kile ( north germany) , Coad ( alsace/lorraine )and belser ( austria)

Peter Carson (M20504)

Peter Carson (M20504)

thanks............. I have him as well, with
[SIZE=-1]F161332...........[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Chris Schuetz
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]FN117532.........[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]M.Coad
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]M211901...........[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Melissa Woody
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]F265478...........[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Tom Kile
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]M044240..........[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Rodney De Mott[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]F252356..........[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Chris Macedo[/SIZE]

above is my positive only SNP according to Isogg July 2014 tree

Again I state , I do not have the basal T-M184

it seems to me that too many people think they have the main basal marker 100% of the time ............I am referring to all ydna markers

This thread has been viewed 466065 times.

Back