Newly found famous Y-DNA individuals

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I browsed through famous haplogroup members on this Japanese site and was amazed at the number of people that were never mentioned here or on Facebook. Here a e a few new ones to add to my list.

Haplogroup E1b1b

- Borghese family (including Pope Paulus V)
- Francis Ford Coppola
- Nicolas Cage
- Zinedine Zidane

Haplogroup N1c

- Yuri Gagarin

Haplogroup O1a1a

- Xiang Yu, a prominent warlord in the late Qin dynasty
- Chiang Kai-shek
- Yo-Yo Ma

Haplogroup O2a2a

- Taejo of Goryeo, founder of the Goryeo Dynasty, which ruled Korea from the 10th to the 14th century
- Hattori Hanzō, the famous samurai

Haplogroup O2a2b

- Qin Shi Huangdi, first emperor of China
- Taejo of Joseon, founder and the first king of the Joseon Dynasty of Korea

I did not verify the authenticity of these claims. I dismissed many other results as fantasies, as they claim to have traced back the lineage of semi-legendary figures who are not even certain to have existed, or whose lineage they surely couldn't ascertain, such as Wani, Jizi, King Wen of the Zhou dynasty, or Emperor Daowu of Northern Wei.

Descendant testing of very ancient people has often proved quite unreliable. For example, over 1000 presumed paternal descendants of Confucius had their Y-DNA tested, and were found to belong to haplogroup C2 (c-M217) (46.06%), haplogroups Q1a1a1 (Q-M120) (27.01%), haplogroups O2 (O-M122) (20.66%), and other haplogroups (6.27%). Notwithstanding, both C2 and Q1a1a are relatively rare in China (about 10% and 0.5% respectively), so such high percentages indicate that one of them could really be the right lineage, with a higher statistical probability for Q1a1a. The TMRCA of those descendants should be compared. If one lineage dates back more or less to 2500 years ago, then it might be it.

That's why it's important to take other similar claims with a pinch of salt. Gautama Buddha, belonged to R1a-Z280 according to the data obtained from a Pakistani family descending from the Shakya family. Although R1a is very likely, I don't think that a single descendant testing with a 2500 years gap can be very useful. It would be much more interesting to compare the DNA of the presumed Buddha relics around Asia, although I am pretty sure most of fakes and few matches will be found. However a few matches, especially on very early Indian sites, would be fairly conclusive.

Last edited:
I always knew, that this guy is strange :)

Zhirinovskiy and Mussolini also are E1b.

There's no confirmation that Mussolini is yDna E1b. It's typical internet speculation of the Nordicist variety.

Nicolas Cage is a stage name. He's Coppola's nephew on the paternal side so no surprise they share the same yDna.

So, we have Napoleon and Hitler, so far, as well, of course, as the Wright Brothers and a Scottish noble family among lesser known figures.

Haplogroup N1c

- Yuri Gagarin

And what evidences do you have for that? On this page with Y hg's famous people
you refered to Rurikinds, BUT Gagrin was not a Rurikid - as far as I know. There are
tens of thousands of Gagarins in Russia and Ukraine, and only a few of them are the
Gagarins who are also Rurikids. If you have no proves, then its a stupidity to mention
him as a bearer of this haplogroup without any additional testing or some genealogical
evidences. This surname is an apelative name, very common, and it is impossible, that
all are descendants from XVIIth century's guy... especially, that Rurikids-Gagarins still
are a known and acknoledge noble family and it would be commonly known, if George
was a member of that family. Btw, if he would be, he would not be send into space.

There's no confirmation that Mussolini is yDna E1b. It's typical internet speculation of the Nordicist variety.

Nicolas Cage is a stage name. He's Coppola's nephew on the paternal side so no surprise they share the same yDna.

So, we have Napoleon and Hitler, so far, as well, of course, as the Wright Brothers and a Scottish noble family among lesser known figures.

And Zhirinovsky, very famouse Jew, btw too. There is even whole reportage on this theme and additional testing.

Mussolini figures in wikipedia as official bearer of that hg.

And Zhirinovsky, very famouse Jew, btw too. There is even whole reportage on this theme and additional testing.

Mussolini figures in wikipedia as official bearer of that hg.

Yeah? Where? Even if it is there, it's irrelevant. Any ***** can amend Wiki articles. I could care less if he's "E" or any other haplogroup, but there is no published analysis of his remains or of people in his male line.

This isn't stormfront or biodiversity or the apricity: you don't get to make up your own facts.

As for someone Jewish carrying "E", or an Italian or a Greek for that matter, is that supposed to be earth shattering news?

This is actually amusing, if you think about it the right way. The type of people who get excited thinking about what bad *** conquerors their ancestors were are trying to prove that many of the world's conquerors and war leaders were "E", including the leader of their own ideological movement.

Maybe it takes a certain level of intelligence to have a sense of irony.

Yeah? Where? Even if it is there, it's irrelevant. Any ***** can amend Wiki articles. I could care less if he's "E" or any other haplogroup, but there is no published analysis of his remains or of people in his male line.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Гаплогруппа_E1b1b_(Y-ДНК)

Even Celentano and Engels.

This isn't stormfront or biodiversity or the apricity: you don't get to make up your own facts.

Facepalm.png

As for someone Jewish carrying "E", or an Italian or a Greek for that matter, is that supposed to be earth shattering news?

Facepalm.png

Aren't we talking about famous people and their hgs?
picardpalm.gif

This is actually amusing, if you think about it the right way. The type of people who get excited thinking about what bad *** conquerors their ancestors were are trying to prove that many of the world's conquerors and war leaders were "E", including the leader of their own ideological movement.

Facepalm.png

Yea, especially for you.

WHO CARES?

You.
If you would not care, you would not participate in such topics.

Btw, this forum obviously cares, if has such topics constantly
and even special page for such kind of information. Btw, to
who I am talking about it?
picardpalm.gif

Oh, great, some east European bs site. What impressive, scientific sources! I'm all agog.

1. I had only said, that there it is written - you asked, I answered.
2. East european site, is the same good site, as japanese or english.
3. Any page in Internet is not a scientific source, so I have no ideas
what you expect. This forum, or eupredia page with famous DNA isn't either.
4. Now you are racist? Wow!

Isn't it time you people joined the 21st century?

Wikipedia isn't from 21st century?

If you have some problems with yourself, deal with
them on your own in real life, and then return here.
You are creating non existing problems.

I care about lies and distortions being posted on this site which might mislead newbies. It's called responsibility. Maybe you've never heard of it.

There's nothing wrong with being interested, out of curiosity, in the haplogroups of famous people. There's a whole hell of a lot wrong with thinking that certain haplogroups are "European", and others not, or trying to brand something like E-V13 or other downstream clades of "E" as some sort of mark of Cain because it left Africa later than the others. Do you think you're fooling anybody about your agenda?

You obviously also have no idea what constitutes proof. When a member of a famous family tests with a known testing company and posts his results, that's proof. When scientists, as was the case with Napoleon or the British royal family or the French royal family, test known descendents on the male line and post results, that's proof. Some bs site posting someone's results based on who knows what, is not proof.

What do you think this is, fifth grade?

I can't believe I have to explain these elementary things to you. If you don't have scientific, verifiable sources, stop making unsupported claims.

And what evidences do you have for that? On this page with Y hg's famous people
you refered to Rurikinds, BUT Gagrin was not a Rurikid - as far as I know. There are
tens of thousands of Gagarins in Russia and Ukraine, and only a few of them are the
Gagarins who are also Rurikids. If you have no proves, then its a stupidity to mention
him as a bearer of this haplogroup without any additional testing or some genealogical
evidences. This surname is an apelative name, very common, and it is impossible, that
all are descendants from XVIIth century's guy... especially, that Rurikids-Gagarins still
are a known and acknoledge noble family and it would be commonly known, if George
was a member of that family. Btw, if he would be, he would not be send into space.

Says the guy who hurries to mention that Mussolini is E1b...

I have temporarily removed Gagarin until this is sorted out.

I care about lies and distortions being posted on this site which might mislead newbies. It's called responsibility. Maybe you've never heard of it.

There's nothing wrong with being interested, out of curiosity, in the haplogroups of famous people. There's a whole hell of a lot wrong with thinking that certain haplogroups are "European", and others not, or trying to brand something like E-V13 or other downstream clades of "E" as some sort of mark of Cain because it left Africa later than the others. Do you think you're fooling anybody about your agenda?

You obviously also have no idea what constitutes proof. When a member of a famous family tests with a known testing company and posts his results, that's proof. When scientists, as was the case with Napoleon or the British royal family or the French royal family, test known descendents on the male line and post results, that's proof. Some bs site posting someone's results based on who knows what, is not proof.

What do you think this is, fifth grade?

I can't believe I have to explain these elementary things to you. If you don't have scientific, verifiable sources, stop making unsupported claims.

You are disscusing wirth some really virtual reality, as usual btw. Probably you
have big problems with listen what other people are saying. Not my problem. Go
somewhere else making other people to deal with your frustrations about hgs.

Says the guy who hurries to mention that Mussolini is E1b...

I said that here and here is written that he is. Thats all. Is he indeed or not, idk.
There is no given reason for that result. You wrote, why you think that Gagarin is
N1c, so I can tell you that this is a nonsense. A wikipedist didn't mention why, so
I can't say, his conclusion is right or not. And btw, similar problem is also with your
Habsburgs, Luthers and others result of famous people. House of Habsburg did not
have to be relate to other people with that surname, especially, that it is a surname
coming from place naming, and peasants did not have to be related to the local count,
especially after 900 years, when it is doubtly, that surname exists so far in past...

The source for Engels is just a haplotype page that shows some unspecified German Engels being E-V13. However it does not link that lineage to Friedrich Engels. So I checked the FTDNA Engels Project and found that E-V13 guy, who descends from a Dionysius Engelss. Lookung up Friedrich Engels's family tree, there is no Dionysius, so it's not the same lineage.

So probablity is very low.

Haplogroup E1b1b

- Borghese family (including Pope Paulus V)

Maciamo, which is your source? I haven't found any reliable source about Pope Paulus V's haplogroup. I haven't found any National Geographic Genographic Project House of Borghese.

All what I've found are the "National Geographic Genographic Project Y-DNA Test results" of Rod Borghese, an Italian-Canadian who descends from a Borghese family from Dipignano, Cosenza, Calabria, South Italy, and is clearly not related to the family of Pope Paulus V. In some forums Rod Borghese has claimed to be probably related to the papal family Borghese and I guess some people believed him. He also manages a site, The Borghese Gardens, and a Facebook group. I'm sure he is acting in good faith and is simply searching his roots. Associating with famous families who have the same or similar surname is a typical mistake that many people make when they start to do research on their origins. But descendants of the papal family and noble Borghese are still alive and belong to the Italian nobility, it's very unlikely some of them were forced to land to Ellis Island in the early 1900s.

If you do not have other sources, I would say that it would be appropriate to delete the information about Pope Paul V. Because very likely that E1b1b belongs to an Italian-Canadian from Calabria, not to a descendant of Pope Paul V.

Rod Borghese's great Grandfather "Orazio Borghese, born approximately 1875 in Dipignano Cosenza, Calabria, Italy, landed at Ellis Island, NY in 1920 with his wife Rosina Filice when he was 45 years old. They stayed with brother-in-law Pasquale Gallo at 474 Saratoga St in Boston Mass (now Dacoopa's Pizza) before eventually settling in Canada.".

Haplogroup E1b1b1 (M35) Y-chromosome DNA Testing for Borghese

National Geographic Genographic Project Y-DNA Test results:

The designations for all 12 loci examined for this purpose are listed here, along with the Short Tandem Repeats (STRs) outcome for each.

Ancient, Southern Italian Borghese Family Y-DNA (not Roman)

393--390--19--391--385a--385b--426--388--439--389/1--392--389/2
13---24---13--10---16----18----11---12---12---14-----11----31

http://e1b1b1-m35.blogspot.it/2011/02/haplogroup-e1b1b1-m35-y-chromosome-dna.html

Orazio Borghese (from Calabria, Italy)

orazio-borghese.jpg

orazio-1920

http://orazio-borghese.blogspot.it/2010_04_01_archive.html

There is also no confirmation that the male members of the papal and noble Borghese family are E1b1b. It's just another internet speculation but this time of another kind of variety.

Do have any evidence nordicits are trying to prove evil conquerors belong to E?

What evidence is there for QinShiHuang or Xiangyu's haplogroups?

Could you please look into this:
Quentin Tarantino either R1b or J2b based on Ysearch 9MA5M and Z5M2R

nowhere in the net it is written that mussolini
was e1b1b1 ??????
more likely he was j or r1b :)

regards
Adam

nowhere in the net it is written that mussolini
was e1b1b1 ??????
more likely he was j or r1b :)

regards
Adam
Oh no, god forbid, no!!!

What is a shocker for me is that people really care about this. I'm looking forward to Ivan the Terrible, Mussolini, Goebbels and Lenin turning R1b. ;) I don't want to be named "the pretty or kind" haplogoup, lol.

This thread has been viewed 20787 times.

Back