Today my first results from 23andME

Goga

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a*
mtDNA haplogroup
HV1b2
As you folks know I'm a full blooded unmixed Yezidi Kurd born in Georgia (USSR at that time). Also my both parents and grandparents are full blooded unmixed (Yezidi) Kurds. And so their parents, etc. Yezidi Kurds are the least mixed Kurds due to our different native (Aryan) religion. We don't mix with the outsiders of our religion, called the Yezidism. Recently I wanted to know my DNA haplogroups, so I ordered a test from 23andME. Today they send me my first results. I want to share my first results with you. My mtDNA is HV1b2 and my Y-DNA is R1a*.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about mtDNA HV1b2. Can somebody please give me more information about mtDNA haplogroup: HV1b2

I don't know anything about mtDNA HV1b2. Can somebody please give me more information about mtDNA haplogroup: HV1b2

go to HV ftdna project and use map...your markers are only in the triangle of Poland, lithuanian and belarus

You almost definitely have R1a1a1b2 Z93.

go to HV ftdna project and use map...your markers are only in the triangle of Poland, lithuanian and belarus
Thank you very much for your reply and your help! Very interesting. Is this marker Jewish, NATIVE Kurdish or came a few thousand years ago from NorthEast Europe?

You almost definitely have R1a1a1b2 Z93.
I don't know man. Kurds have MANY types of R1a. How can I see it? I've got the first results and not all results yet. I've got most of 'health overview' and only my haplogroups back. I'm yet at step 5 out of 6.
I'll get all results within max 2 weeks!
But they gave me also a list of R1a 'defining mutations' and also a list of HV1b2 'defining mutations'.
bgo9.jpg

5rij.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your reply and your help! Very interesting. Is this marker Jewish, NATIVE Kurdish or came a few thousand years ago from NorthEast Europe?

I do not know...write to Gail T she is very helpful. I think she runs HV
cleared my mtDna marker up

As you folks know I'm a full blooded unmixed Yezidi Kurd born in Georgia (USSR at that time). Also my both parents and grandparents are full blooded unmixed (Yezidi) Kurds. And so their parents, etc. Yezidi Kurds are the least mixed Kurds due to our different native (Aryan) religion. We don't mix with the outsiders of our religion, called the Yezidism. Recently I wanted to know my DNA haplogroups, so I ordered a test from 23andME. Today they send me my first results. I want to share my first results with you. My mtDNA is HV1b2 and my Y-DNA is R1a.

Congrats.

Thats interesting according to a study on Yazidi Kurds in Georgia they were J2 and R2a* but the sample size was very small (since the number of Kurds in Georgia is generally small) and I assume they only tested one village(in Villages all people are related) and we all know endogamy among Yezidis is high. And this must have been fatal to the results. I never believed that these results were representative for Yezidis.

Now lets see if you are z93 or z283. Z93 is likely but z283 wouldn't be a surprise either. You would be the 4 individual case of Z283.

Last edited:
That study was conducted by an Armenian. I don't trust Armenians, Turks, Arabs, Assyrians or Persians if they make a study on Kurds. According to them Kurds do not exist. How can I see what type of R1a I'm? This is what I've got:
c7u3.jpg

My SRY SNP: rs11575897 !
gi7i.jpg

According to Palisto my Y-DNA is R1a* , which is very rare and hard to find. It may be the ancestral to all R1a haplogroups in the world!

http://kurdishdna.blogspot.nl/2013/10/r1a-discovered-among-yezidi-kurd.html#comment-form

Also, my mtDNA haplogroup HV1b2 that you can find in Eastern Europe seems to come from Kurdistan (West Asia), maybe through the Jews or brought by the Iranic peoples that settled in Europe!

Here more about the theory of Ashkenazi-Levite Jews and their Iranian origin.

http://kurdishdna.blogspot.nl/2012/07/ashkenazi-jews-and-their-iranian-origin.html

Last edited:
Now lets see if you are z93 or z283. Z93 is likely but z283 wouldn't be a surprise either. You would be the 4 individual case of Z283.
I'm even a more special and rare case. I’m R1a*! I (and my tribe) might be the living evidence that R1a in Europe is from Zagros (Kurdistan)!

I'm even a more special and rare case. I’m R1a*! I (and my tribe) might be the living evidence that R1a in Europe is from Zagros (Kurdistan)!

If you indeed don't fit into z93 or z283 sub clades this might become interesting, because without a doubt Indo Europeans (at least the Satem group) started where z93 and z283 split.

Between, the study on Georgians yezidi Kurds was indeed made by an Armenian of Assyrian origin and the results later added into the Nasidze study. I didn't knew that. It might also have been simply because of the low sample size token by relatives. Or because it was made with old techniques and allot of R1a was simply mistaken for other Haplogroups.

The best way to find out is to order a YDNA test on FTDNA. Start with YDNA-12 which now costs 49 USD, join R1a poject and test snips which its admins will advice.

The best way to find out is to order a YDNA test on FTDNA. Start with YDNA-12 which now costs 49 USD, join R1a poject and test snips which its admins will advice.
Thanks. I spent $178 (shipping included) for my DNA test. I'm not going to spent more money for DNA test in the near future. I just wanted to know my mtDNA & Y-DNA and I have all the info I wanted..

This thread has been viewed 15157 times.

Back