Assassin's' Creed Reconstructs Ancient Athens

Assassins Creed :)!! Lol sick game

Assassins Creed :)!! Lol sick game

Did you Play Assassin Creed 2?
Renaissance stuff.

Here is Florence:
'I will seek Vengeance upon those who betrayed my family. I am Ezio Auditore da Firenze. I am an Assassin...... ' Betrayed by the ruling families of Italy, a young man embarks upon an epic quest for vengeance. ...
WoW CoooL! :)

Fantastic reconstruction! I felt like a time traveller (though I think it's still a bit too rosy and developed for a pre-modern city, but maybe I underestimate the ancients, lol). But hey, what's up with that Persian-like architecture and high reliefs at 3:53-3:54 in what's supposed to be the Odeon of Perikles? Was there any significant Persian influence in Athens at that time?

Fantastic reconstruction! I felt like a time traveller (though I think it's still a bit too rosy and developed for a pre-modern city, but maybe I underestimate the ancients, lol). But hey, what's up with that Persian-like architecture and high reliefs at 3:53-3:54 in what's supposed to be the Odeon of Perikles? Was there any significant Persian influence in Athens at that time?

Idk, If you built a house made out of Wood, Stone and brick you could make a beautiful house, still the sanitary conditions seem clean for a Bronze Age Civilization.
http://www.hippocratesgarden.gr/ιστορικές-αναφορές/ιστορια-του-οικου/

Did you Play Assassin Creed 2?
Renaissance stuff.

Here is Florence:
'I will seek Vengeance upon those who betrayed my family. I am Ezio Auditore da Firenze. I am an Assassin...... ' Betrayed by the ruling families of Italy, a young man embarks upon an epic quest for vengeance. ...
WoW CoooL! :)
Lmao! We should get AC Odyssey (the game shown in the vid). If there's multiplayer we should play and I'll smash you ;). I watched a friend play the second one. What's great about Assassins Creed is that you learn history while having fun. There are many eras covered by the series such as the crusades in the Middle East, the Italian renaissance, the French Revolution, the American revolution, Victorian England, and finally Ancient Greece. I saw gameplay and you get to go around fighting lions, shooting deer, killing mythical creatures like medusa, you can even sail to other islands. Would be nice if you can play as Leonidas or Kratos from the god of war series lol.

Xerxes......

Xerxes......

Lmao! If there's multiplayer we should play and I'll smash you ;) lol

Davef, your bravery is admirable, but I, Salento, will resist the Smashing.
The World will know that before this battle was over, even a God-King can bleed! :) ;)

Greeks and Persians “share their Culture”

Last edited:
Idk, If you built a house made out of Wood, Stone and brick you could make a beautiful house, still the sanitary conditions seem clean for a Bronze Age Civilization.

Yes, I meant "developed" mainly in terms of urban infrastructure and public services (like sanitary conditions, street cleaning etc.). Some of the city quarters look too "pristine" even for modern standards for most larger towns in emerging nations. But I still think the reconstruction is incredibly detailed and very accurate, they really gave the city the air of a city with a real society living within its walls, not an open museum.

2000 BC meaning 4000 before now Minoans manage to combine warm and cold water at their baths,

at the ancient city of Dion in Pieria, the fresh water run the city and baths,
brought from 2 different streams, so always water to exists,
every 200 m there was a water clear toilete, and baths are not rare,
even outside Theatre and Agora, so not to smell bad at Agora and theatre
while the rest water ended at cover shewers and moved away.

Hygiene was not unknown in Ancient world.
in fact in some cities was ahead and very progressive comparing with some medieval buildings and towns.

Wow! Truly amazing reconstruction! Really mesmerising. I have been to Athens twice, but this game is better than (what's left) of the real thing! With that level of realism, an immersive virtual reality game would allow anyone to relive life in ancient Greece.

I've always preferred visiting reconstructed antic buildings and scansens than to look at ruins and stone blocks. I'm pretty sure ancient architects and builders would agree. Add people in costumes and trades working and you have the best immersion into past centuries and millennia.

Did you see the Parthenon in Nashville?
https://www.nashville.gov/Parks-and-Recreation/Parthenon.aspx

Hopefully it'll be like God of war where you slay almost every god, including Zeus. That was satisfying

Hopefully it'll be like God of war where you slay almost every god, including Zeus. That was satisfying
I Watched how Zeus was born,
You are like Wonder W...man, a God Killer. lol ;)

Lmao!!! This trailer is AWESOME!!! I was in total bliss watching it; it even had the "this is SPARTA" kick!

This thread has been viewed 8681 times.

Back